• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
It's kind of sad that people took one look at Pyra/Mythra and went "welp, I guess their personality is boobs".

Makes me want to shove the ending to chapter 6 into people's faces.
If you're going to shove anything in my face, how about Pyra and Mythra's bo- *shot

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
While I know there are some franchises that didn't really pop up in the Direct, I have to say Nintendo's presentation was clearly going out of its way to really please a lot of audiences. A Tekken fighter for the traditional fighting game fans, new Metroid as well as Advance Wars remaster for us hardcores, Mario Party for the casual crowds, Life is Strange for the story driven audience, SMT V for the JRPG players, and of course BotW 2 footage for pretty much everyone. And that's on top of more niche stuff littered all through out the event.

Basically in an E3 that often felt disappointing even for what was narrowly shown, Nintendo had a Direct with broad appeal that largely landed.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
yeah other stuff.

Since wayfoward is making the Advanced Wars remake. And devolver digital said they would love to make a Star Tropics Remake, WHat games would you like to be remade and by what companies?

Wario Land I would love to see Wayforward do. F-Zero I think the guys that did that... god why am I blanking on the game, that other high speed arcade racer... Golden Sun I would enjoy seeing being remade by the Bloodstained company, same with Shin Onigashima

Shroob

Sup?
Big moves for WayForward, working on a Nintendo IP.

Big moves for Advance Wars, being not dead.

If enough of you buy the game, a new title might be on the table. And then we're in character territory.
On one hand, I want to support the series and see it come back from the dead.

On the other, 60 bucks for 2 remakes.

tenor.gif

Fiiiine

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
yeah other stuff.

Since wayfoward is making the Advanced Wars remake. And devolver digital said they would love to make a Star Tropics Remake, WHat games would you like to be remade and by what companies?

Wario Land I would love to see Wayforward do. F-Zero I think the guys that did that... god why am I blanking on the game, that other high speed arcade racer... Golden Sun I would enjoy seeing being remade by the Bloodstained company, same with Shin Onigashima
You talking about Shin’en? The Fast Racing Neo guys?

Technomage

Smash Champion
yeah other stuff.

If your question includes non-Nintendo games, then I'd like to see a remake of Final Fantasy 11, because I had to do a lot of set up with a lot of middlemen to be able to play the original; would be nice to have remake that didn't require all that setup.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152

I looked back on the last several pages since the tread opened back up and haven't seen this get mentioned.

Take it as you will but this could potentially be the end of Master Chief.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Probably because they decided calling the game an adjective and a string of letters was a good idea.
Huh? I just can't remember the name of the studio and game. It was that fast paced futuristic game. Wave something.... why can't i remember....

Ivander

Smash Legend

If enough of you buy the game, a new title might be on the table. And then we're in character territory.
Potential character territory, maybe. Depends on if Advance Wars dropped/drops at the right time, considering timing is very much a thing in regards to Smash characters.
On one hand, I want to support the series and see it come back from the dead.

On the other, 60 bucks for 2 remakes.

View attachment 319435

Fiiiine
I mean, IIRC, it's 2 remakes, with 4 player co-op and online and possibly a Map Editor. I mean, last time I checked, Advance Wars 2 had a Map Editor and even a Palette editor for the characters that you can unlock.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Surely today of all days we have enough other things to talk about
Oh pick a topic, any topic, there’s so many to choose! 🎶

From Kazuya to Mario Golf and then some Monkey Ball!
🎶

There’s also Metroid and some Wars and Mario and Rabbids two!🎶

SMT and Monster Hunter!🎶

Warioware and Mario Party!🎶

Metroid, Zelda, and Danganronpa!🎶

There’s Fatal Frame as well!🎶

So as you see there’s so many to pick from just move on, move on, mooooovvveee ooooonnnn!🎶

SKX31

Smash Master
Came in with the hard reads four months ago. This is a reminder that I am always right and you should never ever doubt me ever. :bowsette:

Next character is Amingo. You cannot prove I'm not right.
I WANNA TAKE YOU FOR A RIDE.
- An underrated quote by Speed Weed.

And in an attempt to move away from this insanity:

Looks like Nintendo's going with the long term on that (and not just big corps like Ubisoft or Tencent), which makes a lot of sense from Nintendo's PoV. They have a lot of IPs, but the (over)emphasis on innovation regarding controllers and mechanics have left a lot of IPs unfairly in the dust. Doing that will allow them to have more coverage with their games, especially when there's a major gap between big titles.

I looked back on the last several pages since the tread opened back up and haven't seen this get mentioned.

It's a shame, but not entirely unexpected. I wouldn't be surprised if Chief's heavily negotiated for when Smash 6 rolls around though, especially since he's the kind of character who could take a lot of attention away from the inevitable cuts.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Crossposting this from the other thread re: Chief since it might be of interest
Well the reddit post is now gone, but I believe the gist was that a Switch update was datamined, and 'Metroid 5' and 'Master Chief' were found within the data. Chief could still be the last character I suppose, but after that 343 guy weighed in, unless he's lying, the MCC seems likelier.

Screen Shot 2021-06-15 at 1.03.37 PM.png

https://twitter.com/Mondo_Mega/status/1404700206839468034

At some point these insiders should stop being treated like gospel. The **** with Master Chief earlier today was horrible.
I'm grateful to have been in my pre-show blackout during that nonsense. Otherwise it would've been a hard pill to swallow.

It's certainly not a good sign.

7NATOR

Smash Master

I got to ask, since Advance Wars was able to come back, how do you feel about the chances of Golden Sun coming back as of right now?

At some point these insiders should stop being treated like gospel. The **** with Master Chief earlier today was horrible.
These past weeks have shown that it seems Nintendo has gained the upper hand in the fight against the leakers. Those Ninjas really are putting in the work to make the word of leakers less credible

In regards to Smash, I'm heavily doubting any leaks in the future for the DLC. Min Min and Steve was the only character that was leaked in FP2, but we already knew of ARMS character for 3 months, and Steve was only leaked 5 minutes in advance

I think if we are to try to find out who the last character is through inside info, it would have to be through old rumors. That could have been how we would have figured out Sephiroth as an example, but that well is also kind of dry now also

Fluttershy64

Smash Ace
yeah other stuff.

I would love it if Nintendo would take a BOTW direction with Star Fox.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Crossposting this from the other thread re: Chief since it might be of interest
Well the reddit post is now gone, but I believe the gist was that a Switch update was datamined, and 'Metroid 5' and 'Master Chief' were found within the data. Chief could still be the last character I suppose, but after that 343 guy weighed in, unless he's lying, the MCC seems likelier.

Screen Shot 2021-06-15 at 1.03.37 PM.png

https://twitter.com/Mondo_Mega/status/1404700206839468034

I'm grateful to have been in my pre-show blackout during that nonsense. Otherwise it would've been a hard pill to swallow.

It's certainly not a good sign.

You know that also could mean a Master CHief Collection. thats been rumored for years

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Just realized "Kazuya" is an anagram of "yakuza."

I feel like I just completed a rite of passage for Tekken fans without actually being a Tekken fan. Does anyone know if this was intentional?
I doubt it.
"Kazuya" is a really popular name in Japan, Kazuya doesn't have any connections with the Yakuza, and "Kazuya" I don't think is spelt with the same kanji.

Faso115

Smash Lord
i definitely do not expect anything from a third party that already got something in this pass so Microsoft, Square and Namco are off the board. Which means there is still a lot of options.

It's safer to admit defeat and welcome the inevitable Pokemon but hey, i'm a hopeless optimist that still wants his Cash Banooka

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I got to ask, since Advance Wars was able to come back, how do you feel about the chances of Golden Sun coming back as of right now?
There were rumblings that an AW title existed for a while now and was part of the group of cancelled post-Switch 3DS games, and while I'm not sure it was in reference to this one, I always thought AW would return eventually.

It will be interesting to see where Camelot goes after Golf since there will probably be enough time in the Switch's lifespan to pump out one more title, and both the sports games will already be covered. Bringing back games like AW and FDC are auspicious for the prospect of other revivals, but at this point I'm only going to believe in more GS when I see it.

Hopefully these games perform well enough to instill confidence towards gambling on niche IP, but that Golf game probably went gold a few months ago, so whatever Camelot is doing next has presumably already been decided and is in some stage of early development.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom