• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yeah?

If we were getting a Tekken character, why didn't they hold back Heihachi for it?
What's with this Jin and Kazuya erasure, goddamn.
Jin would be pretty cool. Or Kazuya, I'm not really picky. I guess I'd prefer Kazuya because of this.

View attachment 313173

The perfect win screen.
Came in with the hard reads four months ago. This is a reminder that I am always right and you should never ever doubt me ever. :bowsette:

Next character is Amingo. You cannot prove I'm not right.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I BETTER not see anyone thirsting for Dixie, Dee, Decidueye or the Chorus Kids ON GOD.
Well...I did manage to find some NSFW artwork for Ms. Ribbons on Google images the one time I looked her up, so I'm sure there will be some rule 34 Chorus Kids stuff.

I just hope I don't accidentally find some. I'm lucky my brain managed to purge the image the first time.

2006ToyotaTacoma

Smash Journeyman
God Kazuya looks so sick. Would've preferred Heihachi, but he has a pretty good stage cameo too!

Also this presentation got my hopes up for a Capcom rep ngl, since we know a company's Mii Costumes appearing in another pass doesn't deconfirm a rep from said company.

Shroob

Sup?
Came in with the hard reads four months ago. This is a reminder that I am always right and you should never ever doubt me ever. :bowsette:

Next character is Amingo. You cannot prove I'm not right.
Capcom is back in the running now that Mii costume theory is bunk
EpicMartin's prediction is green

BROOOOO

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
@epicmartin7 has gotten colour theory twice in a row
Pardon me because I'm color blind, but is Kazuya wearing pink and I didn't notice?

First party doesn't automatically mean low note.
It does when Nintendo is outta high notes.

Waluigi would have some naysayers but he too would ultimately be a hit.
Nah my dude. Waluigi has an incredibly inflated sense of importance in the Smash fandom. Most regular folks aren't going to get hyped over a 12th Mario character.

Still adhering to Figure Theory for the last fighter
Hayabusa has...so many figures.

I don't see a reveal at EVO happening unless CP11 is also from a traditional fighting game
1623797532941.png

Lemme just...fix that...aaand...there!

1623799410575.png

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Alternatively since Hero and Sephiroth are both Square Enix characters

what if it’s Neku who takes down both Galeem and Dharkon?

he also has a figurine

just don’t let me catch y’all thirsting for him he is my SON

Fluttershy64

Smash Ace
How do you think the last fighter will be revealed? I'm thinking they will announce it the same way they did Byleth.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Nah my dude. Waluigi has an incredibly inflated sense of importance in the Smash fandom. Most regular folks aren't going to get hyped over a 12th Mario character.
Oh please, like Waluigi isn't an iconic member of video games in general. :jojo: Rather, his infamy is greater.

7NATOR

Smash Master
So Kazuya. Who expected yet another villain? Or hell, who expected the literal third choice when supposedly Heihachi and Jin are more "important" than you?

One slot to go, is this truly the end of the speculation cycle? For our mental health's sake, maybe it will be. I just hope Crash managed to sneak in before it all ends.
You know, I've always seen Heihachi, Jin, and Kazuya on the same level in terms of importance, with all 3 having different roles. It was kind of weird for Kazuya to be considered just the 3rd choice, even before today

I Hypothesize it's probably because Kazuya was absent in Tekken 3, which happened to be the most popular Tekken game, because otherwise I don't think Kazuya is behind Heihachi or Jin at all. Heihachi in my opinion, was considered the frontrunner because Sakurai specfically mentioned him, and He's Harada's favorite character

Alternatively since Hero and Sephiroth are both Square Enix characters

what if it’s Neku who takes down both Galeem and Dharkon?

he also has a figurine

just don’t let me catch y’all thirsting for him he is my SON
I guess the question I got to ask is who are we allowed and not allowed to thirst for? and how do we even thirst anyway?

In any case, I still think we get trailer with Galeem and Dharkon both being in it, and it fits for Final trailer also

The Rhythm Theif

Smash Ace
An Apartment With Stolen Forgery Art In Paris
Switch FC
SW-2028-5151-9144
We still don’t have the successor of the Hero and Sephiroth trailers that recreate the final battle of WoL.
Popular characters that could fit this trailer are:
  • Demifiend
  • Dante or Vergil
  • Bayonetta rep
  • Octoling
  • SMT V protagonist
Any other characters that could fit this trailer idea?
I know this is an odd-ball choice, but I still have high hopes that Zero (Z) could make it (if not, well better luck next time). They could even reference his entrance in Mega Man Zero 4 when he jumps onto one of the Caravans and takes out the Variants.
So. AWESOME.

Again, if they add someone else that isn't Zero, I'll be OK with that.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I think the regular folk are less likely to care about reps. The reaction would probably be "lol they added the funny purple man from Mario Kart".

BlazGreen

Smash Journeyman
How do you think the last fighter will be revealed? I'm thinking they will announce it the same way they did Byleth.
Yeah I expect a separate event sometime around September or October like with the final Smash 4 and Byleth presentations. That way Sakurai can go over all the work he's done making this huge roster before he signs off potentially for good.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Well... that was certainly a reveal.

I find it interesting since Sakurai wanted to have a Tekken character in Smash 4 but couldn't find a way to smoothly translate the mechanics over to Smash, but now he's finally figured it out. So it's neat in a roundabout kind of way.

Plus Namco gets its second character finally, and with Tekken, Street Fighter, and Fatal Fury, Smash now has three traditional fighting games represented.

Am looking forward to the Sakurai Presents.

Neverx

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-5778-5302-2215
We still don’t have the successor of the Hero and Sephiroth trailers that recreate the final battle of WoL.
Popular characters that could fit this trailer are:
  • Demifiend
  • Dante or Vergil
  • Bayonetta rep
  • Octoling
  • SMT V protagonist
Any other characters that could fit this trailer idea?
Honestly I can see them doing a final cinematic to cap off the game in celebration of the roster, kind of like the world of light cinematic but as a nice cap end for the end of Ultimate.

Fluttershy64

Smash Ace
Yeah I expect a separate event sometime around September or October like with the final Smash 4 and Byleth presentations. That way Sakurai can go over all the work he's done making this huge roster before he signs off potentially for good.
I agree. I also feel that this would be the best way to reveal (if they are doing it) a bonus fighter.

Faso115

Smash Lord
So Kazuya definitely murdered his way into the game? No way he got invited /s

The most interesting part about Kazuya is how he doesn't really break the "protagonist first" rule. He used to be the "hero" of the first game before the sequel revealed the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. It's an interesting subversion and a nice way to have another villain.

Although i guess Heihachi would have also fit the bill but hey(hachi), Kazuya is a more interesting example to discuss

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Well...I did manage to find some NSFW artwork for Ms. Ribbons on Google images the one time I looked her up, so I'm sure there will be some rule 34 Chorus Kids stuff.

I just hope I don't accidentally find some. I'm lucky my brain managed to purge the image the first time.
Sometimes I really, really hate the internet.

1623800201223.jpeg

I mean, you’re not wrong since there are a lot of sick people out there and the Google Images algorithm loves to promote them for some reason but 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮.

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
Man i wish they showed the final character today so i didn't have to witness this mess. Back to the basement i guess

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Sometimes it's matters. Like with Mai and people talking about how Pyra was too sexy for Smash before she was revealed. :bowsette:
It's kind of sad that people took one look at Pyra/Mythra and went "welp, I guess their personality is boobs".

Makes me want to shove the ending to chapter 6 into people's faces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom