• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Eh, no matter what they show, it'll somehow be better than 98% of what was shown at E3. The 2% that's good is Elden Rings and Tales of Arise.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
looks up Hype boxes

expects hype boxes, but gets mystery boxes, with "HypeDrop's Mystery boxes".

Well, what are some Nintendo games/series with Mystery boxes? The only series I can really think of is Mario Kart with it's item boxes. New Mario Kart?

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Alright, one last question before the reveal:

Assuming it's a dual reveal and Ultimate ends tomorrow, where do you see yourself? Are you still gonna stick around the other threads, or are you gonna leave entirely?
Oh I'll be sticking around for sure. Might not post as much perhaps but only time will tell. I will definitely be in the social thread at least.

I've really grown to y'all making many friends like Zinith, Mamboo, Snake, and Madame Lesley. I don't want to leave that.

Last edited:

spicynun

Smash Journeyman
"Arlo predicted".... and? Why would Arlo have secret insider info that no one else has? No offense to Arlo, I'm subbed to him, but I don't see why his word holds any weight as opposed to anyone esle.
I'm sorry but this one stands out to me considering Arlo's predictions have always been so far off that it's basically a meme at this point. Like his old smash prediction video and the fact he predicted that directs are dead forever only for a direct to be announced a few months later. At this point, I would be more willing to believe a character is in if Arlo said they weren't coming to smash

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Besides when Smash 6 rolls by, plenty of folks who left might come back. Is that what happened after Sm4sh's DLC cycle came to an end?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I kind of wanted to make predictions but I can't narrow down choices to just two.

Unless people want a list of like... 15 characters, I think it defeats the purpose.

Point being, I see a lot of characters as possible tomorrow.

AnEasterEgg

Smash Journeyman
thsi will be the greatest direct of all time. your crops will be watered, your skin will be cleared, all wars will come to an end, humanity will live in peace after june 15, 2021. after the final minute of the direct passes, we will all ascend to a greater state of being.
btw cinderace is in.
Damn, skin cleared? This will be my favorite direct ever, I have an awful case of poison ivy rn.

I'm gonna go against the grain and say yes, I'd still welcome more DLC. I don't really care if speculation is tired or whatever, that's not the end goal for me, just a fun side activity while we wait. I'll take any chances I can get for more of the many excellent potential fighters to be added to Smash.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
Besides when Smash 6 rolls by, plenty of folks who left might come back. Is that what happened after Sm4sh's DLC cycle came to an end?
As someone who saw Smash 4 Speculation from my own eyes, i can count the people with my fingers. Most of them either moved on (either to other parts of Smashboards or from the website altogether) or simply stopped posting. I mean i still see Swamp Sensei here sometimes, but he barely posts on here as he used to, same goes for Chronobound, i think Shroob is Burruni, Neon is also here, and lastly..............i think......eh...........Bkupa is still here, but he moved on from Speculation once K.Rool was confirmed.

I kind of wanted to make predictions but I can't narrow down choices to just two.

Unless people want a list of like... 15 characters, I think it defeats the purpose.

.....well this is embarrassing.

Last edited:

RGFS

Smash Journeyman

Assuming it's a dual reveal and Ultimate ends tomorrow, where do you see yourself? Are you still gonna stick around the other threads, or are you gonna leave entirely?
I just like speculating Smash. I appreciate everyone who posts here and love hearing what people have to say or bring to the table, but once Smash's done, I won't have any drive to check what's going on.

The second Sakurai waved goodbye during the Final Smash 4 direct. I didn't have Smash rattling in my mind much until the reveal of Ultimate. This was a fun ride, and I'll probably be back to talk about Smash if a new title comes out.

I've still got plenty of MW characters but the drive to see them in Smash cools down if there's no active development.

Smash Bros Most Wanted.png

Smash is a special series to me. I love talking about it and potential characters even if they might never happen. So even though I probably won't be back until after the next Smash game, I do want to say that I still am happy I decided to tag along here for the final stretch of this ride. It's definitely more fun than on Twitter, YouTube, or other social media that's for sure.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord

just put all the must-haves, you know

JRPG McSword Guy
Scrimbo Bimblo the Lovable Scrungo
Super 1st Partyo
打一久安, (famous Japanese character)
America the American

we can vote for who we think will be closest

Ivander

Smash Legend

I'll come every now and then, including for reactions and stuff, but I'll also be trying to take a big break. One to focus on finishing my games. Two because of me and my family trying to move out of our currant house.

We do have a potential house and assuming all good goes through, for the most part, it will be me alone at the new house so my family can focus on clearing our currant house and getting it ready for sale. And since I'll be doing a lot of money paying regarding the new house, I need to be more careful of the bills and whatnot.

kylexv

Smash Master
Pic of the Day:

Nintendo avoiding leaks be like

Also, this could very well be the last pic of the day before we know the full roster of the game (assuming we get a double reveal tomorrow). Although seeing Fire Emblem doesn't bode well...
Anyway, I'll be dipping until the big show, so I hope you all enjoy the direct and don't get too heated arguing about the reveal.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
See, I mostly visit Smashboards just for speculation and seeing what people are saying when it comes to predictions, keeping up with spirit events and developer interviews that could affect characters' chances. So with that said, I'm not sure how active I will be on here. I don't want to leave because there are a lot of good people on here but it will be difficult as people will naturally separate and at least temporarily leave the site.

Just saying, we should keep in contact. Maybe after the DLC is done with we should just chill in the main social thread. I really like some of the people on here and I think a lot of you are funny. Visiting this site has been a daily thing for me for the past two years and I don't want that to go away.
Yeah, I predict anyone here who isn't jumping ship as soon as the DLC ends is gonna be migrating to the social thread. Not much to talk about if the cycle's over, so might as well embrace how we've been slowly turning into a general chat anyways.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
As someone who saw Smash 4 Speculation from my own eyes, i can count the people with my fingers. Most of them either moved on (either to other parts of Smashboards or from the website altogether) or simply stopped posting. I mean i still see Swamp Sensei here sometimes, but he barely posts on here as he used to, same goes for Chronobound, i think Shroob is Burruni, Neon is also here, and lastly..............i think......eh...........Bkupa is still here, but he moved on from Speculation once K.Rool was confirmed.
I should note that Smash Ultimate had the advantage of being revealed just 2 years after Smash 4 DLC ended, so it's not suprising that a lot of people came back (even if i recognize like....10 of them) had Smash 4 and Ult's time gap been the same as in Brawl and 4, or even Melee and Brawl, it's pretty likely me and many others will have simply forgotten that we even had a Smashboards account.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Oh, I see... I'm just that forgettable aren't I... 😔

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
So it's wrong to have higher expectations than literally nothing?
When they tell you you're getting nothing beforehand? Yes.

My problem with the Capcom presentation is less "Why didn't they show us anything that wasn't in the initial announcement" and more "Why did this need a 30 minute stream"
Because they do this all the time now? They constantly do 20-30 minutedev streams just to talk about the next MH update or the next SF character.

A better question is "Why do this during E3?"

If Nintendo told you they'd be showing off Breath of the Wild 2 in the next Direct, and all they ended up showing in that Direct was the same teaser trailer of BotW 2 we saw back in 2019, would you be fine with that because "Hey, they did what they said they would!"? I'm not giving CAPCOM credit because they told me up front that they were going to show me nothing new in a 30 minute livestream presentation. I expect much more from games companies.
Well that's not their problem. They said what they were showing. They showed you what they said they would. It you didn't care about those things, you should have skipped it.

It's one thing to hope for more. But if you were EXPECTING more, THAT'S 👏 ON 👏 YOU 👏.

Here's my 2 cents on Capcom not showing more than they promised: They could have at least given more details on RE8's DLC.
They straight up said they just started making it. They literally don't even know themselves.

CAPCOM: "Hi, we're doing an E3 livestream where we show no games and **** on the floor for 30 minutes."

Gets it

You: "I don't know why you're so upset, they did exactly what they said they were going to do. Geez, talk about ENTITLED."
ftfy
I like how your hyperbolic example just makes YOU look worse. Cause it makes you the guy that clicked the link that said "30 minute floor *****ing".

I thought DLC already ended for SFV?
Nope. 3 characters left to go, and one of those is still unrevealed.

Last edited:

Fluttershy64

Smash Ace
thsi will be the greatest direct of all time. your crops will be watered, your skin will be cleared, all wars will come to an end, humanity will live in peace after june 15, 2021. after the final minute of the direct passes, we will all ascend to a greater state of being.
btw cinderace is in.
Is that leak true or are you joking?

Polan

Smash Lord
I should note that Smash Ultimate had the advantage of being revealed just 2 years after Smash 4 DLC ended, so it's not suprising that a lot of people came back (even if i recognize like....10 of them) had Smash 4 and Ult's time gap been the same as in Brawl and 4, or even Melee and Brawl, it's pretty likely me and many others will have simply forgotten that we even had a Smashboards account.
im still here

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
I've been mostly mum about how I feel tomorrow's Direct is going to go, because I don't wanna be a partypooper, but I am keeping expectations low to medium at best. Its way too early to say Nintendo can't underwhelm.

Nintendo was hardest hit by the pandemic as far as the big three go. Though the rest of the first world is finally starting to wake up and shake off the dust, Japan is still not doing particularly well. We are also in a little bit of an echo chamber here, being that 99% of us are long time nintendo fans discussing nintendo. Microsoft did really well, as far as public perception goes. This is nothing to scoff at. They opted to shove a lot of details into post-presentation things, and basically just blasted the screen with announcements. We'd go nuts for half as much. I expect a lot of ports/remakes tomorrow, and not much beyond teasers for any major new announcements. I win if I'm wrong anyways

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I don't think Alanah Pearce knows anything conclusive about the Direct. She used to work at IGN but she's been on a YouTube channel called Funhaus for a couple of years now and recently left to work at Sony Santa Monica. To my knowledge she doesn't have a track record with leaks so what she's tweeting about is probably just something she heard rather than knows about.

Not that the "hype responsibly" message isn't a good one, of course. I just wouldn't infer anything from it in regards to what will and won't be shown tomorrow.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
Oh, I see... I'm just that forgettable aren't I... 😔
I recognize you (from the Chrous Kids thread) but didn't feel to mention you because i would be here all night naming every user that has come back (at least the ones i remember, hence the "Count with my fingers" statement)

im still here
.......I didn't even know you were in Smash 4 Speculation.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
just put all the must-haves, you know

JRPG McSword Guy
Scrimbo Bimblo the Lovable Scrungo
Super 1st Partyo
打一久安, (famous Japanese character)
America the American

we can vote for who we think will be closest
This is Angry FPS Joe erasure

:secretkpop:

Last edited:

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
Honestly, the only things I’m expecting are BotW2 and a Smash reveal. Everything else will be a happy little surprise hopefully.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
My expectations for this direct are not huge. I expect Smash to be the highlight of it, we probably won't get any BOTW news and we'll get a couple of new game announcements but nothing big.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if they just ended on a second Smash reveal. I don't think they have that many hype things to show for this year.

The only way this direct would be underwhelming is if they show only one Smash reveal, but these kinds of things are so closely guarded that I don't think a random journalist on twitter would know about it.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Though, the longer Sakurai goes without retweeting the Direct, the more curious I become.

Granted, he could drop a tweet any moment, but, on the chance that he never tweets it, I'm legit going in with a double reveal expectation, assuming they don't pull a "What you just saw" after the first, that is.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Though, the longer Sakurai goes without retweeting the Direct, the more curious I become.

Granted, he could drop a tweet any moment, but, on the chance that he never tweets it, I'm legit going in with a double reveal expectation, assuming they don't pull a "What you just saw" after the first, that is.
Yeah I'm fully expecting a double reveal too. I honestly think the direct will end on one.

Then we'll probably get smaller scale announcements like a new Mario Party and a new Warioware, and that's it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom