• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Though, the longer Sakurai goes without retweeting the Direct, the more curious I become.

Granted, he could drop a tweet any moment, but, on the chance that he never tweets it, I'm legit going in with a double reveal expectation, assuming they don't pull a "What you just saw" after the first, that is.
Sorry I'm probably missing something, but how would that allude to a double reveal? Would it be like, because Sakurai wouldn't specify "a new fighter (singular) will be revealed tomorrow" and keep the possibility of multiple characters alive?

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

Shroob

Sup?
Sorry I'm probably missing something, but how would that allude to a double reveal? Would it be like, because Sakurai wouldn't specify "a new fighter (singular) will be revealed tomorrow" and keep the possibility of multiple characters alive?
Sakurai never retweeted the 2019 one(Albeit, he did a little "Please tune in" skit), and we got Hero/Byleth.

Granted, it could mean literally nothing, of course.

Groose

Smash Champion
I’m not really expecting a double reveal. It’d be hype as heck if it does happen, but I’m content with just one.

I wonder if we’ll see gameplay of the character in the Treehouse Live or if they’ll save that until a later Sakurai Presents.

Shroob

Sup?
So anyway, I'm gonna throw out a never-ever conspiracy theory about today's PotD. :4pacman:

The three characters are squatting to dodge the Projectile, thus, shrinking their hitboxes.

The three characters avoiding it are Pink/Red, Yellow, and Green.

Touhou's main gimmick has you be able to shrink your hitbox to dodge oncoming projectiles, and the 3 most common main characters colors are Red, Yellow, and Green.

Okay, I'm ready to be carted off by the men in white coats now. :4pacman:

Karen6969

Smash Journeyman
My guess is Waluigi, Crash, or both. Smash aside my expectations aren’t super high for tomorrow and I’m just hoping they announce some cool stuff and it’s a good show!

Shroob

Sup?
So anyway, I'm gonna throw out a never-ever conspiracy theory about today's PotD. :4pacman:

The three characters are squatting to dodge the Projectile, thus, shrinking their hitboxes.

The three characters avoiding it are Pink/Red, Yellow, and Green.

Touhou's main gimmick has you be able to shrink your hitbox to dodge oncoming projectiles, and the 3 most common main characters colors are Red, Yellow, and Green.

Okay, I'm ready to be carted off by the men in white coats now. :4pacman:
Just wanna add here to this insane theory.

Pikachu's a stand in for the yellow character.

Pikachu is electric.

The yellow character(Marisa)? Her big attack is called Master SPARK.

OH GOD THEY'RE COMING TO TAKE ME AWAY AGAIN :nifty:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero

Double K

Smash Lord
Just wanna add here to this insane theory.

Pikachu's a stand in for the yellow character.

Pikachu is electric.

The yellow character(Marisa)? Her big attack is called Master SPARK.

OH GOD THEY'RE COMING TO TAKE ME AWAY AGAIN :nifty:
So I should mention that Marisa's associated element is actually Fire in most games, and her star/laser bullets are also generally her unique icon

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
I just wanted to say that if this all ends tomorrow, then it’s been a ton of fun speculating with you guys! I wasn’t too active during base game or FP1, but I’ve loved speculating about FP2 here.

Here’s hoping we get something exciting tomorrow! I love this game so much & it’s sad to see it “ending”, but I’ll be playing it for years to come.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Hey guys, gonna be spending time off any sort of fan sites today to avoid spoilers. I'll see you guys on the other side tomorrow to hype!

DuskFleur

Smash Apprentice
I know that everyone in their moms are sick of Fire Emblem in Smash (even I am, and I adore FE), but some thoughts crossed my mind and I decided that I should propose a hypothetical for you all: If you were forced to add one more FE character into Smash, who would it be and how would they work as a unique fighter?

For me, it’d be one of the OCs of FE Heroes, like Peony (light magic and fairy powers) or Fjorm (lance fighter with ice magic), or maybe even someone like young Tiki who could have a transformation mechanic for her divine dragon form. But I think the most unique candidate for such a scenario would be Reginn. She may be from Fire Emblem but her steampunk aesthetics and mecha riding abilities could translate to a very unique character to play as. In particular, I wonder if she could work akin to DVa from Overwatch in that she can be robbed of her mech if she sustains too much damage, and it’ll leave her extremely vulnerable until she can call a new one. I also had a specific idea in translating her signature [Canto] effect, which lets her take another movement action (but not attack) after attacking during her turn for hit and run strategies; have her be able to jump or dash cancel some of her moves! But like [Canto] proper in FEH (can’t use it anymore after a certain turn number passes) she can’t use it all the time, either disabling itself after a time limit or being limited by a steam fuel gauge of some kind.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
As someone who saw Smash 4 Speculation from my own eyes, i can count the people with my fingers. Most of them either moved on (either to other parts of Smashboards or from the website altogether) or simply stopped posting. I mean i still see Swamp Sensei here sometimes, but he barely posts on here as he used to, same goes for Chronobound, i think Shroob is Burruni, Neon is also here, and lastly..............i think......eh...........Bkupa is still here, but he moved on from Speculation once K.Rool was confirmed.

.....well this is embarrassing.
I always show up when it's the most inconvenient.

It's how I got to be a mod for a while. :239:

For real though, even if I get REALLY busy, I have too many good friends here to leave this place forever.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
I know that everyone in their moms are sick of Fire Emblem in Smash (even I am, and I adore FE), but some thoughts crossed my mind and I decided that I should propose a hypothetical for you all: If you were forced to add one more FE character into Smash, who would it be and how would they work as a unique fighter?

--
As angry as people would get, a FEH rep kind of makes sense to me since it's currently Ninty's number one mobile app (outside of Pokemon Go which isn't truly theirs). I hate Peony but Fjorm and Reginn would both be cool ideas, I dig your idea for Reginn. Anything that brings in more tracks from FEH would be great.

DuskFleur

Smash Apprentice
As angry as people would get, a FEH rep kind of makes sense to me since it's currently Ninty's number one mobile app (outside of Pokemon Go which isn't truly theirs). I hate Peony but Fjorm and Reginn would both be cool ideas, I dig your idea for Reginn. Anything that brings in more tracks from FEH would be great.

FEH soundtrack surprisingly slaps. I know I’d kill to hear Howling Gears in smash.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

For me, it’d be one of the OCs of FE Heroes, like Peony (light magic and fairy powers) or Fjorm (lance fighter with ice magic), or maybe even someone like young Tiki who could have a transformation mechanic for her divine dragon form. But I think the most unique candidate for such a scenario would be Reginn. She may be from Fire Emblem but her steampunk aesthetics and mecha riding abilities could translate to a very unique character to play as. In particular, I wonder if she could work akin to DVa from Overwatch in that she can be robbed of her mech if she sustains too much damage, and it’ll leave her extremely vulnerable until she can call a new one. I also had a specific idea in translating her signature [Canto] effect, which lets her take another movement action (but not attack) after attacking during her turn for hit and run strategies; have her be able to jump or dash cancel some of her moves! But like [Canto] proper in FEH (can’t use it anymore after a certain turn number passes) she can’t use it all the time, either disabling itself after a time limit or being limited by a steam fuel gauge of some kind.
Heroes Anna would be real neat.

Could kill two birds with one stone too.

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
If I had to pick one, it would personally be Revali. Urbosa would be 2nd.

And since you're here, do you know what the Japanese forum goers are currently predicting as the reveal(s)?
Zacian became pretty popular after the fire tourney.

Two different Smash speculation YouTube channels recently held E3 prediction polls within their crowds.
Here are the results.

Takeshi, he's just a pure speculator never takes any leaks into account.
1. Crash
2. Sora
3. Reimu
4. Cinderace
5. Arle
6. Dante
7. Bandana Waddle Dee
8. Pokey
9. Galarian Pokemon Trainer
10. Yuri

Nepuneko, an equivalent of Blocked Contents or maybe worse.
1. Reimu
2. Arle
3. Sora
4. Crash
5. Sophie
6. Dante
7. Bandana Waddle Dee
8. Yuri
9. 2B
10. Red Saber

🤪

Last edited:

RGFS

Smash Journeyman
I just wanted to say that if this all ends tomorrow, then it’s been a ton of fun speculating with you guys! I wasn’t too active during base game or FP1, but I’ve loved speculating about FP2 here.

Here’s hoping we get something exciting tomorrow! I love this game so much & it’s sad to see it “ending”, but I’ll be playing it for years to come.
Likewise! Showing up to speculate here was a great time!

The way I see it, I'm just happy Ultimate is finally almost complete! I guess I'm a glass half-full person.

I recently got around to playing a Project M modded character for Black Knight. He was such a fun unique fighter to me. Such a heavy, imposing character with fun attacks and ideas to throw out.

GothicSlenderman

Smash Journeyman
Even if we get 2 reveals tomorrow, it'll still be awhile before we know all the Miis. So...looking forward to that.
I don't think it'll matter that much. The next 2 fighters are the last ones and most people get worried about Mii fighter costumes cause it basically deconfirms that characters chances. But being the last fighter is basically the ultimate deconfirmation for any character who isn't them. Unless they (and I highly doubt this) reveal that there will be even more fighters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom