• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
A PIRANHA PLANT?! **** outta here with that, that’s the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard

…and that ends my “in an alternate universe” memeing

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
With how much you've been advertising Cortez (and in a way that doesn't annoy people), if Smash were to hold another ballot, then how likely would Nintendo know about Cortez's popularity to add him to Smash?
Well I've only just been hanging around here most of the time so I don't think it would make much difference. If Cortez doesn't appear as one of the last fighters, it'd depend on how popular the new TimeSplitters game becomes... or if TimeSplitters Rewind ever gets finished.

D

Deleted member

Only a couple days of waiting left and there's still no decent leaks to mull over. If both of the final fighters aren't revealed during this time period, I'll probably end up deleting my account here. There's little point to staying when discussion just goes in circles all the time and there are no leaks or rumors to go over and contemplate.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Only a couple days of waiting left and there's still no decent leaks to mull over. If both of the final fighters aren't revealed during this time period, I'll probably end up deleting my account here. There's little point to staying when discussion just goes in circles all the time and there are no leaks or rumors to go over and contemplate.
Given Brushie got the info long before the IGN and Ubisoft conferences, we should get some leaks soon

Technomage

Smash Champion
Yeah, another reason there should be a double reveal.

DuskFleur

Smash Apprentice
“All this guessing is requiring at least two days of rest.” Said that in his post that everyone is talking about right now, when asked about Nintendo stuff specifically. (Posted 1 day ago)
I think that means that he’ll tell us everything in a day or two.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
“All this guessing is requiring at least two days of rest.” Said that in his post that everyone is talking about right now, when asked about Nintendo stuff specifically. (Posted 1 day ago)
I think that means that he’ll tell us everything in a day or two.
When to the hour did he post that, if you know?

is it even worth reading leaks an hour before its officially revealed
I would, if it’s of something I want 🥺

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Mario + Rabbids getting a sequel to me increases the chances of Ubisoft getting a rep in Smash 6.

7NATOR

Smash Master
When to the hour did he post that, if you know?

I would, if it’s of something I want 🥺
He said that post around 12:45 in UTC Time, on June 11. It was PM I believe

though I doubt that he's post it straight to the hour, but I guess it would lean more towards morning/early afternoon

Also by the way, Happy Birthday, let's hope you get something you want in the coming days

Mario + Rabbids getting a sequel to me increases the chances of Ubisoft getting a rep in Smash 6.
I would say I agree to this. The only thing is this does more for Rabbids than Rayman to be honest, but maybe if Rayman is in the sequel that would be a thing

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
If they were going to add a playable Rabbid, they would have done it before it's Mii costume. Or to promote the first game

Nintendo Doesn't Owe Ubisoft ****, The new game doesn't change much.
Exactly. This is the same kind of logic that makes people say MC or Hayabusa is likely. Much like Ubisoft, Nintendo doesn't owe them anything and, im Microsoft's case, they already have 2 characters. So if they were owed anything they had already collected.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I'm hoping Daisy was going to be in Rabbids 2. But once again, Rosalina gets the spotlight.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Welp, here we go. I had a feeling Ubi would do the honors again.

EDIT: lol, I actually love how Rabbid Rosalina seems to be the polar opposite of Rosalina. That's actually not a bad design choice, considering the other Rabbid counterparts.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Ubisoft
they’re going over Mario vs Rabbids 2 rn

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm hoping Daisy was going to be in Rabbids 2. But once again, Rosalina gets the spotlight.
There's a reason after all. Rosalina actually played an important role in a mainline Mario game. Daisy aside from a 10 minute appearance from an old Gameboy Mario game is for the most part a spin-off character.

Why she also got in before Daisy in Smash who even then is an echo.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah, I never got why people looked at Mario + Rabbids as outright helping Rayman. Ubisoft in general, sure, but the only characters helped outright are Rabbids. And the notable ones are fairly unique designs too or different from regular Rabbids.

I don't think they're happening, but I doubt the Costumes would mean anything at all, nor do I see why they'd "only be in base game.". These aren't very strong arguments. For Nintendo, Ubisoft is giving them a lot of love, content, and the fact they allowed them to use the Mario characters is a big deal. It has nothing to do with "owing them" a thing. It's more to do with "we can take advantage of this to further strengthen business relations." Besides, Rayman isn't that popular in Japan and only got a Spirit. Rabbids overall are pretty popular worldwide and have even a TV show alone, being a bit more mainstream at times. They also could be seen as easier to for Sakurai to implement due to having a simplistic yet unique design.

There's multiple reasons for Nintendo to choose a Rabbid right now. Besides, looking at the timing of when they actually figured out Pass 2, and the fact they aren't simply costumes but just hats, they aren't in the same position as most costumes(which are full body, and also later into the game that there's no timing that makes sense). They can just as easily choose to have a Hat and a full character from the same franchise. We don't know when they went for the specific Mii stuff for Byleth either. It could've been at the same time they figured out Pass 2. It could've been earlier or even a bit later. We know costumes aren't always going to be licensed immediately. Sans took quite a while, around 6 months. This means it isn't always done immediately, or necessarily at the same time as the current character. There's only some situations where it's easy to assume they're the same time(Hero and costumes. Kind of with Sephiroth and costumes, as Chocobo and Geno were possibly meant for Hero at first).

Note that I'm not saying the timing is good for Rabbids either. It isn't. But it isn't a deal breaker either. It just makes them unlikely. Though I'd feel less inclined to give them a chance if their costumes weren't just hats.

There's a reason after all. Rosalina actually played an important role in a mainline Mario game. Daisy aside from a 10 minute appearance from an old Gameboy Mario game is for the most part a spin-off character.

Why she also got in before Daisy in Smash who even then is an echo.
Super Mario Run is hardly much to write home about either, her other main game playable appearance(ignoring the costumes in SMM, since Waluigi had that too). ...Albeit, she was also not in the base game of SMM compared to Waluigi, so.

But yeah, Rosalina isn't that surprising. Nintendo wants to milk her.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Exactly. This is the same kind of logic that makes people say MC or Hayabusa is likely.
It is?

Much like Ubisoft, Nintendo doesn't owe them anything and, im Microsoft's case, they already have 2 characters. So if they were owed anything they had already collected.
Where are you getting this? I've never heard anyone suggest Nintendo OWES Microsoft Master Chief in Smash. People want him because he is a massively popular icon of the FPS genre, and gaming in general.

And while I have heard people suggest Hayabusa because KT deserves a rep, a lot of us just want him because he's an NES icon.

Ivander

Smash Legend
So Mario + Rabbids 2 looks good. I do like the unique designs for the Rabbid enemies and it's also cool to see Mario enemies as enemies. Also, I do like what they did Rabbid Rosalina.

And so far, the villain, Cursa, looks pretty cool. So far, no connection to Bowser Jr. or Bowser, or the Rabbids as well.
And geez, that moment where they take a bunch of Sparks(the Luma/Rabbid hybrids) with their hand and crush/crunch them like insects. Like I know Mario has been becoming a lot more open with having some dark moments lately, but still, just brutal.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Super Mario Run is hardly much to write home about either, her other main game playable appearance(ignoring the costumes in SMM, since Waluigi had that too). ...Albeit, she was also not in the base game of SMM compared to Waluigi, so.

But yeah, Rosalina isn't that surprising. Nintendo wants to milk her.
I felt I was missing something, thanks for the reminder yeah apparently forgot about her being in Super Mario Run.

Regardless Rosalina is still more important as she played an important story role in the first Super Mario Galaxy.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I felt I was missing something, thanks for the reminder yeah apparently forgot about her being in Super Mario Run.

Regardless Rosalina is still more important as she played an important story role in the first Super Mario Galaxy.
Oh, I agree. Rosalina's a bigger character in terms of story. Of course they're going to milk her more. There's more usage for her in that regard. But the fact she was given lots of characterization and lore is why she's so popular. Miyamoto not being a fun of story/etc. won't change why she's so easy to use. She's a hit new character that went well.

Daisy's issue is she is still very popular, but she gained all of her cool stuff in the spin-offs. She doesn't feel different from Waluigi much at all in that regard. Literally their only core difference is what type of game the originated in, yeah.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
It is?

Where are you getting this? I've never heard anyone suggest Nintendo OWES Microsoft Master Chief in Smash. People want him because he is a massively popular icon of the FPS genre, and gaming in general.

And while I have heard people suggest Hayabusa because KT deserves a rep, a lot of us just want him because he's an NES icon.
I'm not talking about people who want them. I'm talking about the people who consider them 'one of the most likely'.

Shroob

Sup?
So, pretty much, expect Brush to open the damn floodgates in 1-2 days now.

We're in a race against time at this point. The leaks are inevitable, the only question is will Brush get Smash or not.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

We're in a race against time at this point. The leaks are inevitable, the only question is will Brush get Smash or not.
If Brushie doesn’t, Imran and/or Zhuge will

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion

Probably not. He had all the information for the previous direct except Smash and Splatoon 3.
I believe that Smash really has special treatement where they add the trailer secretly in the Nintendo direct and possibly one or two other games.
If we are getting an E3 leak it would be someone who watched the direct already, depending on how they get their intel, that's how it should play out.

Last edited:

Twilord

Smash Ace
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom