• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Honestly if Nintendo's not going to do other racing series besides Mario Kart, then a gradual shift towards a Super Smash Kart might be the best/only chance for various first party franchises to really get appearances in the racing game genre.

With all the potential cools levels from DK, Kirby, Zelda, Metroid, Star Fox, Kid Icarus, Xenoblade, etc would we be really losing that much more than what we would gain from it?

Maybe an Ace-Combat style game that still keeps true to its Star Fox origins?
That could absolutely work. I mean Ace Combat 7 sold 2 and half million copies, which modern day SF would consider itself quite lucky to get. Its the weird disconnect of Nintendo vs. various third parties; numerous ones have figured out a decently profitable path for air/space shooters except them.

Shroob

Sup?
So

We can pretty much guarantee that we're getting a character this upcoming week, at least one.

But when will they drop?

The day of seems extremely unlikely since we're going to have the Treehouse event(Which will probably heavily focus on BotW2), but the rest of the week is free. Or, we could get them the following week, or even worst case scenario, the week after/first week of July.

What do y'all think?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
So

We can pretty much guarantee that we're getting a character this upcoming week, at least one.

But when will they drop?

The day of seems extremely unlikely since we're going to have the Treehouse event(Which will probably heavily focus on BotW2), but the rest of the week is free. Or, we could get them the following week, or even worst case scenario, the week after/first week of July.

What do y'all think?
Let's play it by ear for now and wait until Sakurai announces it in that character's presentation.

Ivander

Smash Legend
You mean Forrest isn't the only guy who can ride pegasi?
Subaki and Shigure are the male Pegasus Knights that start as a Pegasus Knight in Fates. Forrest starts as a Troubadour. As for the rest of the male characters in Fates, if they have Pegasus Knight as a Sub-class or get it from another Support, any Male character can ride a pegasus.

Last edited:

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
So

But when will they drop?

What do y'all think?
I'd be surprised if took longer than the week after E3. Dropping it even the Saturday after the Nintendo presentation would make it the longest time between released fighters, and Nintendo's been pretty on point about reducing the time between reveal and release for the second pass.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So

But when will they drop?

What do y'all think?
For certain. It's been four months since Pyra & Mythra and what E3 since 2018 hasn't had a Smash reveal?

Fluttershy64

Smash Ace
Here's their entire list. They're not shy about their online presence, but if you want reason to believe they're credible, they leaked every game coming out in the last Nintendo Direct, and only didn't get Pyra/Mythra.

They also leaked Steve and Byleth previously.

If I’m understanding this right,the games are from every company but Nintendo. Or is it a bunch of indie games?

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I kind of hope we finally get another moment where the Sakurai Presents and the full pack's release are on the same day. We had the Sephiroth Challenge released right after his presentation, but even then you still had to wait on the spirit board and Mii costumes.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
I kind of hope we finally get another moment where the Sakurai Presents and the full pack's release are on the same day. We had the Sephiroth Challenge released right after his presentation, but even then you still had to wait on the spirit board and Mii costumes.
I believe Pyra/Mythra released the same day of their presentation.

In the spirit of that, maybe I'm feeling optimistic but I'll guess a Sakurai Presents (and release of fighter 10) the Thursday or Friday after E3. It keeps a lot of attention of Nintendo during the week of the event and could effectively be the kick off point for them in summer.

Last edited:

Twilord

Smash Ace
I'm becoming increasingly convinced by my friend that we might well see Mametchi in Smash Bros...

Has anyone seen any good mock-up-movesets for them?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'm becoming increasingly convinced by my friend that we might well see Mametchi in Smash Bros...

Has anyone seen any good mock-up-movesets for them?
Look if you can't even find movesets of them online created by fans, how much faith do you think Nintendo has on that character selling DLC?

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Considering the wait between Pyra/Mythra and CP10 I'd guess the presentation for the next character will be like a few days after E3, just like happened with Sephiroth. In this scenario CP10 would release one week, maybe two, after the official reveal.

Twilord

Smash Ace
Look if you can't even find movesets of them online created by fans, how much faith do you think Nintendo has on that character selling DLC?

I'm not saying there isn't one, was more asking if people know a good one they'd recommend looking at...

BUT you make a very good point; Agumon, Lloyd, or Chosen Undead are pretty easy to find a movesets for.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Smash Kart seems like a good way to get either the exact same roster as Smash but slowly, making it incredibly predictable, or to get a roster of the caliber we expect from the team that brought us a trillion babies and metal versions. I don't see a timeline where the roster is as compelling as people want it to be.

Plus it'd be a great way to piss off all the fans of the many, many, many popular Marioverse characters that still haven't made it in and now have to compete with the 50 Smash veterans that now outprioritize them.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Smash Kart seems like a good way to get either the exact same roster as Smash but slowly, making it incredibly predictable, or to get a roster of the caliber we expect from the team that brought us a trillion babies and metal versions. I don't see a timeline where the roster is as compelling as people want it to be.

Plus it'd be a great way to piss off all the fans of the many, many, many popular Marioverse characters that still haven't made it in and now have to compete with the 50 Smash veterans that now outprioritize them.
Don't even get me started on the Mario Kart roster. Where are my WarioWare characters? Surely people would like them more than pink gold peach or whatever that nonsense was. Or Baby character X which everyone surely wanted.

AnEasterEgg

Smash Journeyman

My problem with this argument is, there's no actual reason the Mario Kart roster should be so small in the first place. It's not like Smash fighters where they need a unique and balanced moveset with tons of work for animations and hitboxes. All they need is a few animations and voicelines, set a weight class, and bam, they're done. Mario Kart Tour makes it obvious that the mainline game's roster being so small is just laziness on the part of the developers. So the way I see it, if they'd just quit being so lazy we could have a fully realized Mario roster AND however many crossover characters they can get.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Don't forget more characters from Luigi's Mansion, Donkey Kong Country, and Mario RPGs.
It's like they're afraid to stray away from the main stays from the main or sports games, and when they do they pick a generic enemy or go for baby/alternate version of a character. There's so many legitimately cool characters that they ignore in favor of the crap we get, and sure, guest characters are cool but it doesn't negate how bad the roster still is.

Technomage

Smash Champion
Masterstroke: …I think you know where I’m going with this :smirk:
Lemme guess; does it involve a single letter repeated three times in a row?

Uhhhh

it wasn’t

it’s a certain other series I stan that’s also a crososver
Oh wait, you were talking about Project X Zone x Super Smash Bros.? Yeah, that'd be cool.

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I'm surprised Nintendo acknowledges Dixie Kong when they've been allergic to any other Kong not named DK or Diddy (I guess Cranky too?)

I miss my DK 64 friends. You can't tell me Lanky wouldn't be a sweet character gimmick in a new game.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Woke: Smash MOBA
Eh....I think it's good for series with a lot of characters, like what they are doing with Pokemon. A Nintendo Crossover MOBA doesn't seem to hitting me in the right places though.
Bespoke: Smash visual novel
So Days of Memories, but Nintendo.
Masterstroke: …I think you know where I’m going with this :smirk:
The magical 3 letters.

By the way, how come we don't suggest other genres like Beat-em Ups, Shooters like Parodius, a Mario Party-style game or heck, a frickin' Platformer crossover like with Konami Wai Wai World?

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's worth noting that the team who makes Mario Kart can't do just whatever they want. Ignoring even third parties, they might actually be limited by Nintendo themselves. It's silly too, but if you have every character in, it's harder to update the next game to make it stand out. It's a continuous series, one that isn't about constant updates via DLC, so a limitation has a slight merit. Theoretically it could have any number of characters, and that could keep going for each new installment too(bar licensing issues). Just needs new mechanics. Nintendo probably doesn't want it to be essentially Madden Kart in that way. Or other sports games.

7NATOR

Smash Master
I don't know about these other Genres for Smash, but I do want Smash to have a more of the Horror feel to it that Melee had a little of

Unlike other Smash games, Melee kind of a little creepy tone to it, through it's visual menus, Some of the music, which kind of has a afterlife feel to it, and of course, Giga Bowser. I think Melee Giga Bowser was the scariest incarnation of him

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
TFW All is prerecorded which means no E3 Cringe.

Can't wait for the Smash Strategy game so we can complain that there's too much Smash in Fire Emblem and not the other way around.
If we don't get like 20 DKC related units in not buying.

(not that i would buy said game anyway)

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I don't know about these other Genres for Smash, but I do want Smash to have a more of the Horror feel to it that Melee had a little of

Unlike other Smash games, Melee kind of a little creepy tone to it, through it's visual menus, Some of the music, which kind of has a afterlife feel to it, and of course, Giga Bowser. I think Melee Giga Bowser was the scariest incarnation of him
The most terrifying thing of all? Playing Melee and then the GameCube stops reading the disk and it abruptly cuts the game off with a blackscreen with text saying the game cannot be read.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master

Its funny you say Melee, because it always felt like the 64 game was the one with the oddly somber elements to it at points. Something like the All Clear music doesn't feel like it would fit any Smash title except for this one, which just seemed to go for an almost haunting feel:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom