• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Might be a bit late to the conversation, but if ya'll want to talk about something different, here's something unique we could talk about.

Why hasn't this dude shown up in Smash Ultimate yet? 🐮

Like... it's soooooo weird. No spirits... no mii costumes... no music... nothin'.

Yet, he was already in Smash Wii U as a trophy.

There's probably a variety of explanations for it, but if you want something to talk about, this has mystery and intrigue at least :p

Paraster

Smash Lord
With this talk of Skylanders. If you had to chose someone from the game to be a playable character (besides Spyro/Cynder) who would you chose. I would chose Flashwing.
View attachment 315973
When I was younger, I had a Chop Chop figure (legendary variant, actually) that I always intended to use when I got Skylanders...and I never got the game and eventually sold the figure to a used games store.

I still think "skeleton knight in blue armor" is a simple yet cool concept.
1621565425138.png

Might be a bit late to the conversation, but if ya'll want to talk about something different, here's something unique we could talk about.

Why hasn't this dude shown up in Smash Ultimate yet? 🐮

Like... it's soooooo weird. No spirits... no mii costumes... no music... nothin'.

Yet, he was already in Smash Wii U as a trophy.

There's probably a variety of explanations for it, but if you want something to talk about, this has mystery and intrigue at least :p
This has baffled me for so long.

Technically the first representation for any indie game in Smash, and nowhere to be seen despite Shantae and Shovel Knight getting spirits in the base game.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
To be fair, we don't really talk about Sora that much beyond "He needs Disney! No he doesn't!" It'll be a fun excuse to dive into all the different spells and attacks.
I feel a little out of place in that thread lol. Every other character discussed so far is very deserving to get in Smash and has a realistic chance to get in at some point but then I nominate a character nobody has ever heard of besides me (Zegram Ghart from Rogue Galaxy). I apologize in advance if my character completely kills the thread for the day 😂.

kylexv

Smash Master
Pic of the Day:

Joy Mech Fight turns 28 today! Although, I can't seem to remember what the main character's name is...

Last edited:

Sephirothorsomethingidk

Smash Apprentice
People usually think anything that is said on 4chan must be a leak.

It's why we got Tales of Chun-Li, which was never a leak but just someone dumping out stuff that they heard about and didn't come true.

People started thinking it was a "leak" because of :ultsteve: and :ultsephiroth:
Wait so does that mean Tales probably was talked about at some point even if it was just a sprite for Lloyd for Pacmans Namco roulette?

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
With this talk of Skylanders. If you had to chose someone from the game to be a playable character (besides Spyro/Cynder) who would you chose. I would chose Flashwing.
View attachment 315973
Remember the time when Donkey Kong and Crash Bandicoot teamed up to save the whole world?

When kids used to asked me who my favorite "Skylanders" were ? These guys were my answer.

EpZg6h_W4AYVQ99.jpeg.jpg

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Bought the original Skylanders for Spyro, Superchargers for DK (and the Diddy Easter Egg) and Bowser, and Imaginators for the Crash Bandicoot Characters. They’re all very fine games as you know Vicarious Visions and Toys for Bob tend to make some excellent games. They never really grabbed me though.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Pic of the Day:

Joy Mech Fight turns 28 today! Although, I can't seem to remember what the main character's name is...
Sukapon.

And this is the alternate universe version of Jigglypuff that replaced Exeggcute.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
My apologies for being super behind schedule, but Perkilator Perkilator 's AMA is now up

as per the usual, if you're interested in participating in a future AMA and are not currently on the list of future AMA subjects, please lemme know
I have an AMA going this week! And I'm all dine with finals, too, so im game for anything!

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
When they added Bowser/DK & Crash thats when Skylanders jumped IMO.
Don't forget Dr. Cortex,

But I'll be honest don't really know anything about Skylanders as It came out when I already out of high school and only paid attention to it (Very briefly) when it was announced that Donkey Kong, Bowser, Crash Bandicoot and Dr. Cortex were gonna join the party.

It was kind of special for the Crash Bandicoot franchise because after being dormant for almost a decade this guest appearance marks the first major steps to his long awaited comeback which would later be with the 2017 release of "Crash Bandicoot: N.Sane Trilogy".

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I feel a little out of place in that thread lol. Every other character discussed so far is very deserving to get in Smash and has a realistic chance to get in at some point but then I nominate a character nobody has ever heard of besides me (Zegram Ghart from Rogue Galaxy). I apologize in advance if my character completely kills the thread for the day 😂.
I mean I'm planning to start nomming Amiya and dragging everyone down into Starsetland with me once I stop procrastinating and download Arknights on my new, not-prehistoric phone so you won't be the out-of-place one for long :drshrug:

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
If Master Chief suffers from regional factor, Doom Slayer, Scorpion, Rayman, Reimu, etc have that problem much worse.
Honestly, why is it that Japan factor is brought only against Chief? Do we automatically assume other characters don't have that issue at all?

Shroob

Sup?
I mean I'm planning to start nomming Amiya and dragging everyone down into Starsetland with me once I stop procrastinating and download Arknights on my new, not-prehistoric phone so you won't be the out-of-place one for long :drshrug:
Stop
Before it's too late

Trust me on this one

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
If Master Chief suffers from regional factor, Doom Slayer, Scorpion, Rayman, Reimu, etc have that problem much worse.
Honestly, why is it that Japan factor is brought only against Chief? Do we automatically assume other characters don't have that issue at all?
It's not. All these characters get Regional arguments thrown at them. Some just have other issues like Scorpion.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Sure, if Verg had said it, in hindsight, we would all see he was 100% right, which he was even before that, but I wouldn't have wanted to live that day or two where he came out about Plant tbh. Grinch believers would have been even worse than they were.
Oh, yeah, no, it's MUCH better to let people think he's full of **** forever by claiming he knew a thing after it was announced. Great plan. A+.

Two anime scientists in a row? Smh Sakurai
Is Porky a scientist? I thought he was more like a corrupt businessman/dictator, and Dr. Andonuts made his tech.

Maybe... Maybe the real leak... Was the wonderful journey during Smash speculation...
The real leak was the friends we made along the way!

How would you guys feel if this was the final bit of DLC for Ultimate?
Pretty indifferent. All highly speculated, but none I'm personally interested in. Only upside would be not having to hear about them anymore.

Question: What'll they do about Chunny's panty shots?
Chun Li wears tights. She doesn't have panty shots.

Am I the only one who is still mad that there's been absolutely zero post release Bamco content besides these awful returning mii's?
shrug Despite their size, they don't have much I actually care about. It doesn't help that a lot of their biggest franchises are 4th party.

I would like Nightmare though.

Ness64wastaken

Smash Rookie
Oh, yeah, no, it's MUCH better to let people think he's full of **** forever by claiming he knew a thing after it was announced. Great plan. A+.

Is Porky a scientist? I thought he was more like a corrupt businessman/dictator, and Dr. Andonuts made his tech.

The real leak was the friends we made along the way!

Pretty indifferent. All highly speculated, but none I'm personally interested in. Only upside would be not having to hear about them anymore.

Chun Li wears tights. She doesn't have panty shots.

shrug Despite their size, they don't have much I actually care about. It doesn't help that a lot of their biggest franchises are 4th party.

I would like Nightmare though.
Your right ( on the pokey part idk about the others)

Shroob

Sup?
I mean, the thing is though, even he wasn't sure if what he saw was real.

This is the same guy who took like 2+ months to quintuple check if the Pokemon rep was Incineroar, despite Incineroar being known behind the scenes for months. I don't really blame him for being "Uhhhh, idk about this one."

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Me right before playing AAI2, the best Ace Attorney game by far
I AM ABOUT TO DO SOMETHING VERY ILLEGAL!
I think the problem is that it's kinda hard for characters to gain traction around here. Oftentimes it feels like whenever a new name is brought up, they just fade away due to a lack of interest or knowledge.

...I could plug the thread I made to encourage discussion for overlooked characters, but I'm not sure if I should go for such a shameless self-advertisement...
I dunno, you saw how much secondhand hype people had over a new Timesplitters solely because Trapzium pushed Cortez so much
Wait so does that mean Tales probably was talked about at some point even if it was just a sprite for Lloyd for Pacmans Namco roulette?
There's no evidence for a Tales character being considered and if we count the sprite as being talked about, obviously yes, Sakurai would need permission to put that in the game

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Nah, Porky's just an immature brat who got corrupted by Giygas. That corruption may have helped him climb the ranks (cultist, lackey of wealthy politician, lackey of world-destroying alien, dictator), but his orginal label has always stuck with him.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
The most powerful POTD in the world

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
If y'all are talking about Porky, that must mean...

...you want to enlist the Pigmask Army!

Our great King P needs you! Enlist the Pigmask Army, and receive wonderful benefits such as:
-An amazing leader!
-Awesome pay rates!
-A free Happy Box!
-Free pork chips, pork soup, and other pork-based foods!
-Free vacations to New Pork City, where you can relax at our Nice Person Hot Spring and enjoy terrific entertainment! (NOTE: Relaxation at the Nice Person Hot Spring is required for all new Pigmask Army recruits)

So what are you waiting for? Make yourself happy and enlist the Pigmask Army! Help us get our great chubster into Super Smash Bros.! (WARNING: The Pigmask Army's leaders including King Porky are not responsible for any dangers you may face while you are enlisted in our army)

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
The most powerful POTD in the world
Interesting tibit about Joy Mech Fight

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
The bonus for buying the Age of Calamity season pass is the same as the bonus for Fighter Pass 2 🤔

Probably means nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom