• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
How would you all feel if Streets of Rage was our Sega spot for this fighters pass?
I'd be cool with Axel. It's not like I'm the biggest Streets of Rage fan in the world but I've played 1, 2 and 4 and I've always enjoyed the games. Also it would be the first beat em up series in Smash, which is always nice.

I prefer a few other Sega characters before Axel, but he would be a good choice.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
I think the final dlc character is an entirely different situation than any other dlc, financially. You've already sold a majority of the copies you're going to, and this is your last big push to earn some extra buyers. You end on a low note, that's no good. If Nintendo is putting an emphasis on what they want with this DLC, it's not unreasonable to assume they'd make sure it plays out this way.

That all goes out the window, of course, if there is any (significant) further content coming.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
How would you all feel if Streets of Rage was our Sega spot for this fighters pass?
Axel is the only Sega rep I wouldn't be too fond of, even then Streets Of Rage has some fantastic music so it's no deal to me.

Although I would change my tune if his default is his SOR4 design.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I'm bringing up SoR partially because Sakurai recently followed the series composer on Twitter, and also because it's a cool idea I have never given much thought.
The Main Composer is Yuzo Koshiro, who has already done music in smash, I wouldn't look into too much.

Also Sakurai is a Person and not everything he does is a cryptic hint.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
but they'd have to be dumber than Patrick Star
They're not being dumb, they're being smart. They know they don't need Crashter Chief in order for 90% of everyone who's going to buy FP2 to have already done so.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Digimon summons?

Beelzemon: Double Impact
Omnimon: Grey Sword and Garuru Cannon
Dark Masters: All do their signature attacks(River of Power, Puppet Pummel, Giga Cannon, and Trump Sword)
Angewomon: Powers up Celestial Arrow while gathering energy from every single ally(so they take a bit of damage, and she adds that to her overall power. Only way to transfer it meaningfully).
WarGreymon(and BlackWarGreymon if another one is on the field. They can both show up very easily at once compared to others): Terra Force/Terra Destroyer
Shoutmon X7 Superior Mode: Final Fusion Blade(basically a one-hit kill. Brings his giant-ass sword down. So your Ultimate Chimera, since this Digimon is well beyond even Yggdrassil in terms of how ridiculously powerful he is. He took down what became an actual God in the Digital World. When you're over 100 Digimon combined, that's a bit understandable. Including multiple Megas too).
Myotismon: Crimson Lightning and Grisly Wing. He stays on the field long and is hard to defeat. ...Sound familiar? I can't think of how to properly incorporate Nightmare Wave. Hypnotism doesn't fit. Nightmare Claw, which temporarily paralyzes an enemy, could work though.

You could include anyone among the Digimelodies in Fusion too, sure.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Evil Trapezium memed Timesplitters 4 into existence. The raw emotion he poured into the series brought it back.

I must learn this power, but for who?
I might actually have this power. All the dormant franchises that were my most wanted like Ghosts n Goblins, River City and Contra suddenly got new games after I started requesting them for Smash...

It's at times like this that I use fitting Berserk panels. Rest in peace Miura.

I'm not really sure how fitting it is. Unless what he wanted was heart failure...

Fine.

How would you feel if Sakura Shinguji was our SEGA rep for Vol. 1?
Disappointed.

How old you feel if Eggman was out SEGA rep for Vol. 2?
Disappointed he wasn't a Boss.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
You know I feel like Corrin and Bayonetta closing out Smash 4’s DLC can’t be compared to this situation

for one it was on the Wii U. Nintendo’s second worst selling console even if it did have the amazing Xenoblade X

two it was split development between that and its 3DS version

and three he was ALREADY working on Ultimate as of the ballot. There’s evidence Cloud and Bayonetta were worked on for 4 AND Ult at the same time. Possibly Ryu and Corrin too

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Something I'm wondering about: If Smash Bros. could get another summoning item (similar to Pokeballs and Assist Trophies), what would be great candidates for it?
Boss Trophy.

Like how the Master Ball is a Poke Ball that summons Legendaries, the Boss Trophy is an Assist Trophy that summons Bosses.

Honestly dude, only a few stick out in my head:

Sora
Kratos
Master Chief
Literally had the exact same 3 in mind. Only someone MASSIVE can avoid the salt.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Something I'm wondering about: If Smash Bros. could get another summoning item (similar to Pokeballs and Assist Trophies), what would be great candidates for it?

I'm thinking something like a trading card game item (as in a card that summons something), but I'm not sure what (my first thought is Yu-Gi-Oh!, but that didn't start as a video game, which would make it ineligible for Smash); any help there?
The Breidablik from Fire Emblem Heroes, It could summon a bunch of Fire Emblem characters.

I even submitted it to the Smash Infinite thread.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
You know I feel like Corrin and Bayonetta closing out Smash 4’s DLC can’t be compared to this situation
It's not just Corrin and Bayonetta I'm comparing this situation to. I'm also considering how most of Melee's unlockables were the infamous clones, how Brawl's unlockables included :rob::lucario::wolf: who at the time made people throw tantrums for various reasons, how the ESRB leak had people wanting it to be fake by bringing back Doc before Mewtwo and adding Dark Pit and Duck Hunt, how after E3 and 8/8 came Isabelle and 11/1, how FP1 ended with Byleth, and how after Steve and Sephiroth spoiled the Smash fanbase rotten to the core, we got Pyra.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
You would think by now that Nintendo would've confirmed the date the E3 Direct takes place. We know it'll be either Monday the 14th or Tuesday the 15th of June, but it's not like Nintendo to not announce their E3 directs with less than a month to go before E3 takes place.
Didn’t Grubb say roughly next week? Last week he said “the week after next”

so yeah. next week we’ll know their plans

osby

Smash Obsessed

I'm thinking something like a trading card game item (as in a card that summons something), but I'm not sure what (my first thought is Yu-Gi-Oh!, but that didn't start as a video game, which would make it ineligible for Smash); any help there?
Cards you say?

1621534986783.png

I think it would be neat if Persona cards got in as items, with each arcana summoning a different Persona.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Cards you say?

View attachment 315904

I think it would be neat if Persona cards got in as items, with each arcana summoning a different Persona.
that and something along the lines of a Digivice or a Digiegg from Digimon, or or.. hear me out the titular Yo-kai Watch. Basically anything from a series that has a bunch of collectible character that can fit in one container. I know it is not card specifically but hey, I want to give an idea.

Last edited:

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
So, I just watched Source Gaming's latest video about cut characters in Smash:

And man do I wish that Krystal finally got her chance with ultimate. She was one of my most wanteds during the brawl days (and of the few I had at that time). She deserved better (and I’m not just talking about Smash). But the assist trophy is at least something.

(btw SF: Assault Krystal > SF: Adventures Krystal, change my mind)

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion

And man do I wish that Krystal finally got her chance with ultimate. She was one of my most wanteds during the brawl days (and of the few I had at that time). She deserved better (and I’m not just talking about Smash). But the assist trophy is at least something.

Jigglypuff is the guy that survives at the end of the horror movie and you don't exactly know how or why.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Jigglypuff is the guy that survives at the end of the horror movie and you don't exactly know how or why.
With Ness almost getting cut in Melee and Jigglypuff in Brawl, it really shows how the Original 12 didn't really become solidified until Smash 4 in terms of being infallible to cuts.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

They did videos for Melee and Smash 64 as well.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
I can remember that someone here was convinced that Yoshi and Captain Falcon where going to be cut from brawl to smash 4 because of how long it took to confirm them.
People were saying that Samus in her armor would be cut from Brawl because she was being replaced by Zero Suit Samus during the E3 trailer.
2006 was a wild year.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
People were saying that Samus in her armor would be cut from Brawl because she was being replaced by Zero Suit Samus during the E3 trailer.
2006 was a wild year.
Did they...not pay attention to how that was her Final Smash that Power Suit Samus was using?

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Did they...not pay attention to how that was her Final Smash that Power Suit Samus was using?
It was not confirmed it was Samus's final Smash at the time. During the E3 trailer, we did see Mario, Kirby and Link's final Smash. But we didn't know the big laser beam was Samus's FS. We also didn't know there would be assist trophies and many people thought a Nintendog would also become playable because it strangely appeared during the trailer.

To be specific, and I didn't rewatch the trailer so I might be wrong, they displayed Mario, Link and Kirby using their ultimate moves after the ball being showcased, but Samus's huge shot was only shown later after Meta Knight and Pit.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Why would they replace Samus with her without the suit, anyway? People should have known that Samus in her suit is too iconic to leave out of Smash. Maybe it wasn't that obvious at first, but still...
Why would they add a version of Samus without her Power Suit which was meant to be her being completely defenseless in Zero Mission? Zero Suit Samus makes no goddamn sense in any way and is easily one of the strangest additions to the series

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Why would they add a version of Samus without her Power Suit which was meant to be her being completely defenseless in Zero Mission? Zero Suit Samus makes no goddamn sense in any way and is easily one of the strangest additions to the series
Hey, none of that. I know Zero Suit Samus isn't so non-iconic, but I was talking Smash only. Not Zero Mission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom