• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Man Miura’s death is hitting me hard, what a tragic loss.

Timesplitters was never good exactly, but it was always very fun. Def one of my favorite GC era franchises. I remember playing so much of that games split screen along with that Turok GC game that let u play as a raptor in multiplayer.
Eh, I think it was good for what it was. I remember doing some coop campaign in one of the games with my friend and it wasn't less fun than any other FPS campaign I've played coop or solo.

There's the fact that I also care about multiplayer more for FPS games, and in that area Timesplitters definitely is great thanks to all the crazy as hell characters you can play and crazy as hell weapons you can possibly get.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I just wanna point out from the quick Sora Talk a few page back to fix up something.
Sora is legally 100% owned by Disney, Disney own the KH IP.
However, they cannot do anything without Square-Enix's involvement, they tried in the past, with a cancelled Mobile game, only to have Square-Enix reportedly Furious at how the game looked like and ended having the project cancelled.

Legally, Disney own Sora, but when it comes to actual decisions, it was already said, it's a double okay that you'd need, Square and Disney. Which probably explain why Sora was a name that Square themselves threw around a long time ago back when they were trying to gaslight who was the SE reps with names.

ceterisparibus

Smash Apprentice
I just wanna point out from the quick Sora Talk a few page back to fix up something.
Sora is legally 100% owned by Disney, Disney own the KH IP.
However, they cannot do anything without Square-Enix's involvement, they tried in the past, with a cancelled Mobile game, only to have Square-Enix reportedly Furious at how the game looked like and ended having the project cancelled.

Legally, Disney own Sora, but when it comes to actual decisions, it was already said, it's a double okay that you'd need, Square and Disney. Which probably explain why Sora was a name that Square themselves threw around a long time ago back when they were trying to gaslight who was the SE reps with names.
For all intents and purposes, is Square really a problem "if" assuming that sora was wanted? We've had their biggest stars already join smash, there's no indication they would be a roadblock.
The real question is Disney (i don't necessarily believe the quote held up by the exec interview - they don't need to give the real answer to the public on this).

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Oh my goodness it's finally happening isn't it? After 15 long years of waiting, we finally have some confirmation that a new TimeSplitters game is actually in the works and not being sat on like with Crytek! Not only that, Free Radical has come back from the dead! TimeSplitters has finally come back to us!

The long arduous wait for a new game is finally over!

TIME

TO

SPLIT!!!

View attachment 315872
Yeah I haven't got a flashy new gif for Cortez. Didn't think this day would happen after all.

Edit: I'd like thank you all for giving this series your time and interest because TimeSplitters is a fantastic series with lots of insane wacky characters, weapons and maps (Including a mapmaker) and it deserves a second chance in the spotlight. Also I'm glad that I was able to entertain you all with my Cortez and TimeSplitters shenanigans and it's made sharing this series with you all the more inspiring to me. I still want Cortez in Smash and I'll continue to stay here until the end of Fighter Pass 2 even if he doesn't appear. Thank you all and we'll see what happens at E3 and beyond.
Congratulations! That’s awesome news. I hope the game is everything you want it to be. I might even give it a try myself this time. 😀.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
With Sora, I've always had the thought that its never been a case of him being impossible or that there's one factor that makes him particularly unlikely; just that the series of negotiations needed to get him was potentially considered not worth it by Nintendo in comparison to other fighters, including ones from SE. It could simply be they viewed the years of talk with Microsoft was worth it for Steve in a way it is not for Sora.

(Now watch him get announced at E3 just to prove me wrong)

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Oh my goodness it's finally happening isn't it? After 15 long years of waiting, we finally have some confirmation that a new TimeSplitters game is actually in the works and not being sat on like with Crytek! Not only that, Free Radical has come back from the dead! TimeSplitters has finally come back to us!

TIME

TO

SPLIT!!!

View attachment 315872
Yeah I haven't got a flashy new gif for Cortez. Didn't think this day would happen after all.

Edit: I'd like thank you all for giving this series your time and interest because TimeSplitters is a fantastic series with lots of insane wacky characters, weapons and maps (Including a mapmaker) and it deserves a second chance in the spotlight. Also I'm glad that I was able to entertain you all with my Cortez and TimeSplitters shenanigans and it's made sharing this series with you all the more inspiring to me. I still want Cortez in Smash and I'll continue to stay here until the end of Fighter Pass 2 even if he doesn't appear. Thank you all and we'll see what happens at E3 and beyond.
In awe at the size of this dub

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I feel like we already got our fill of this early
But couldn't Steve and Sephiroth back to back also be "getting our fill early" when it comes to hype from big third-parties? Those two are a bigger deal than the four in FP1, unless you're in Japan of course, so Nintendo could believe that FP2 has acquired all the necessary hype points from those two alone.

Shroob

Sup?
But couldn't Steve and Sephiroth back to back also be "getting our fill early" when it comes to hype from big third-parties? Those two are a bigger deal than the four in FP1, unless you're in Japan of course, so Nintendo could believe that FP2 has acquired all the necessary hype points from those two alone.
That's possible sure.

But I'm really not convinced at all that E3 won't be at the very least a semi-big drop.

Everyone is here+Daisy+Ridley 2018

Hero+Banjo 2019

Had 2020 had one, probably Min Min and Steve, in fact, considering Steve was likely to be released in September due to the blog post shuffling, I'd say that'd almost be a guaranteed thing, again had E32020 been a thing.

Even if I'm only banking on one reveal, I have faith in the team that whoever they show off in E3 will at the very least make me exclaim "Oh wow."

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
But I'm really not convinced at all that E3 won't be at the very least a semi-big drop.
Oh I agree, I just don't think the hype will match Steve. More like K. Rool if anything.

Also I should congratulate Evil Trapezium for getting TS4, so..here you go! Time to split!

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Off topic, but I had another Smash dream. Fighter 11 was revealed, and it was Giovanni from Pokemon. He wasn't like Pokemon Trainer, he was fighting in the foreground. He was also an earthbender for some reason.

Dream-me was incredibly dissapointed, but I was at least happy Pokemon Conquest got representation (even though it didn't)

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord

TIME

TO

SPLIT!!!

View attachment 315872

I remember my cousin used to own a copy of TimeSplitters 2 on the Nintendo Gamecube and we played a ton of multiplayer during the early-mid 2000's.

Most memorable moment I remember were us picking the "Monkeys" in multiplayer and playing "Virus Mode" and setting each other on fire playing tag (If I remember that correctly) while dying from laughter.

While it's obvious now, But what's funny is I remember playing "TS2" for the first time back then and thought to myself "This plays and reminds me a lot of Goldeneye 007" only to find out a little bit later on that it was from the same team that worked on Goldeneye 007/Perfect Dark from Rare, I didn't know any better I was just a kid, But me being a big Rare fan made me appreciate more.

Cool to see their bringing back "Free Radical Design" and curious to see if their bringing back some of the old talent who worked on the franchise before.

I remember loving the catchy TimeSplitters 2 theme.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
With Sora, I've always had the thought that its never been a case of him being impossible or that there's one factor that makes him particularly unlikely; just that the series of negotiations needed to get him was potentially considered not worth it by Nintendo in comparison to other fighters, including ones from SE. It could simply be they viewed the years of talk with Microsoft was worth it for Steve in a way it is not for Sora.

(Now watch him get announced at E3 just to prove me wrong)
Personally I do think in the Case of Sora, I Imagine Disney was the main issue

Not because they don't want Sora in, but because Disney realizes that Something like Mario vs Mickey Mouse would be a Big deal, so they probably really wanted some of the Disney content to be featured, and whether because of Costs or how much talks with the original creators have to be done, Nintendo wasn't with it,

I also imagine since Disney is involved, there's a Higher Cost since both Square and Disney have to be compensated

To be honest, I think if Disney made it really easy for Mickey to be added to Smash by already outlining moveset and design material, and perhaps making it so the Cost isn't the highest, I think Mickey might actually get more priority over Sora. I also imagine the same if Nintendo were to get their hands on Spider Man or something

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

TIME

TO

SPLIT!!!

View attachment 315872

WE ARE GATHERED HERE TODAY TO CELEBRATE THE SIZE OF THIS W!!!!!

Although, if I'm hearing this right, did the writer for Berserk die? If so, my condolensces.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

Not because they don't want Sora in, but because Disney realizes that Something like Mario vs Mickey Mouse would be a Big deal, so they probably really wanted some of the Disney content to be featured, and whether because of Costs or how much talks with the original creators have to be done, Nintendo wasn't with it,

I also imagine since Disney is involved, there's a Higher Cost since both Square and Disney have to be compensated

To be honest, I think if Disney made it really easy for Mickey to be added to Smash by already outlining moveset and design material, and perhaps making it so the Cost isn't the highest, I think Mickey might actually get more priority over Sora. I also imagine the same if Nintendo were to get their hands on Spider Man or something
I don't know if Sakurai would want to compromise Smash as a video game crossover, even if Nintendo gets some Disney money out of it.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Can’t believe Evil Trapezium Evil Trapezium memed the next Time Splitters game into existence in less time than it’s taking the Mother community to meme an official Mother 3 localization into a region that isn’t Japan.

At least we’ve got the fan translation. But I hope you enjoy what’s next for that series, Trapezium. Splitting time! Wait, that’s not right...

Time to Split!

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Wow, its like no one even read what Nekoo said

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I think the biggest obstacle to getting Sora in was probably Sakurai himself. He likely would have said it wasn't possible to do the character justice without the other Disney-centric aspects and that would have driven the cost for using the character through the roof.

Don't get me wrong, I know full well that making Sora without any Disney references is do-able (I'd personally design the character based off his Drive forms from KH II), but Sakurai has been ludicrously persistent in making each DLC character as faithful as humanly possible. If including too many Disney elements (Donald & Goofy in a Final Smash for instance) drove the cost through the stratosphere, I think that would be enough to dissuade Sakurai from using Sora entirely.

Last edited by a moderator:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I guess? But again, the issue stems more from the lack of strong first party options in general. If I could actually think of a first party character to back semi-confidently and who made sense within the general “promotional” timeframe I’m sure they’d be on my prediction. But that character doesn’t exist.

And sure, I can see the case for us being done with “big third-parties”, but I also believe that they’d have saved something fairly significant for E3. If E3 wasn’t around the corner I’d probably be with you on that at least.

Of course, if they don’t have any big characters left they’ll just reveal whoever. But since apparently COVID hadn’t slowed development down too much I’d imagine they thought far enough ahead to time at least one of the remaining characters accordingly. No skin off my back either way really, most of my MWs are more lowkey anyway.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Off topic, but I had another Smash dream. Fighter 11 was revealed, and it was Giovanni from Pokemon. He wasn't like Pokemon Trainer, he was fighting in the foreground. He was also an earthbender for some reason.

Dream-me was incredibly dissapointed, but I was at least happy Pokemon Conquest got representation (even though it didn't)
I mean, it's not that much of a stretch. Giovanni specializes in Ground-types; Your dream just cut out everything in between and made it so that he is the Ground-type himself.

ceterisparibus

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, I think the biggest obstacle to getting Sora in was probably Sakurai himself. He likely would have said it wasn't possible to do the character justice without the other Disney-centric aspects and that would have driven the cost for using the character through the roof.

Don't get me wrong, I know full well that making Sora without any Disney references is do-able (I'd personally design the character based off his Drive forms from KH II), but Sakurai has been ludicrously persistent in making each DLC character as faithful as humanly possible. If including too many Disney elements (Donald & Goofy in a Final Smash for instance) drove the cost through the stratosphere, I think that would be enough to dissuade Sakurai from using Sora entirely.
I'm not that sure about that; each 3rd party character has come with differing amounts of content (ranging from Terry's smorgasbord of SNK content to 2 midi songs per DQ character). It's not like Sora has to come with both the OG disney and the KH-specific stuff to be included.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Min Min was delayed as is. To me, she was the only one meant for E3 at best. And would've been there even without the gameplay delay. It was barely a month that had to be pushed up.

Steve/Alex required too much work to be done fast enough. I couldn't see them any earlier than August, frankly. And with even that small delay, it made way more sense to just tie it into Minecon.

Honestly, I don't believe the schedule was actually messed with(beyond a one-month delay at most) at this point. It doesn't matter that previous E3's had more than one character. They were intentionally spreading out characters more this time around, due to having one more full one(PP still was worked on during some of FP1, but not much) to work with, and they take at least 6 months too for unique characters. To me, they have to spread them out more for both hype purposes and some just take a very long time(Min Min and Steve/Alex), and we still have 2 more to go. Depending how long the next one is, it's possible they might only be revealed for E3 but not have enough of a proper showcase for at least a month. That was annoying with Banjo & Kazooie, but that was only cause they had to spread it out a bit anyway. Now they spread it out wayyyyyy more.

I mean, Min Min took so long that they created a unique "Guessing Game" to coincide with her(no way in hell they could've thought of this 6 months earlier than needed. They would've had no idea when she would release since it's clear she got started pretty late into the previous year as is. Like, maybe November at the earliest. That means they'd have had to have thought of the Guessing Game by May or June, when Fighter's Pass 2 was greenlit and she was chosen. That's not legitimately possible. They can't plan delays like that, or know the exact details. This was a new idea that was pretty much created to get the Smash train back and up running since they found out she'd take a pretty long time to release. May would've been the earliest at best anyway). It also helped to try and promote ARMS(...it doesn't feel like it really worked that well, but seeing as how E3 is coming, maybe a new game was greenlit?).

Even without the delays, Min Min looked pretty much like our E3 pick entirely. It was made clear Steve/Alex required wayyyyy too much work as is to be ready by June as well, as I noted above. Yes, what I'm seeing is that we were always getting one E3 character last year. I highly doubt it's going to change. However, if they actually suddenly greenlit more characters, bonus or otherwise, then I can see this E3 getting two characters. But it's the only reason I can see it happening. They'll pretty much have nothing left to show for the rest of the year if they put it all in there now. Fall is the best time for CP11, as it keeps people interested through the entire year. They've been doing that for both Fighter's Passes, spreading out reveals as best as possible. To me, one reveal seems perfect for the schedule, just like last year's E3 month(if E3 wasn't cancelled, anyway). Just like the previous year, where they had less time to spread them out. Etc.

Last edited:

PacificFun

Smash Ace
I do wonder if Sora would be seen as a "waste" without the Disney stuff. Half of Kingdom Heart's appeal is the Disney content, right?

(I don't play Kingdom Hearts or really know anything about it depiste being a huge Disney fan).

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Min Min was delayed as is. To me, she was the only one meant for E3 at best. And would've been there even without the gameplay delay. It was barely a month that had to be pushed up.

Steve/Alex required too much work to be done fast enough. I couldn't see them any earlier than August, frankly. And with even that small delay, it made way more sense to just tie it into Minecon.

Honestly, I don't believe the scheduled was actually messed with overall at this point. It doesn't matter that previous E3's had more than one character. They were intentionally spreading out characters more this time around, due to having one more full one(PP still was worked on during some of FP1, but not much) to work with, and they take at least 6 months too for unique characters. To me, they have to spread them out more for both hype purposes and some just take a very long time(Min Min and Steve/Alex), and we still have 2 more to go. Depending how long the next one is, it's possible they might only be revealed for E3 but not have enough of a proper showcase for at least a month. That was annoying with Banjo & Kazooie, but that was only cause they had to spread it out a bit anyway. Now they spread it out wayyyyyy more.

I mean, Min Min took so long that they created a unique "Guessing Game" to coincide with her(no way in hell they could've thought of this 6 months earlier than needed. They would've had no idea when she would release since it's clear she got started pretty late into the previous year as is. Like, maybe November at the earliest. That means they'd have had to have thought of the Guessing Game by May or June, when Fighter's Pass 2 was greenlit and she was chosen. That's not legitimately possible. They can't plan delays like that, or know the exact details. This was a new idea that was pretty much created to get the Smash train back and up running since they found out she'd take a pretty long time to release. May would've been the earliest at best anyway). It also helped to try and promote ARMS(...it doesn't feel like it really worked that well, but seeing as how E3 is coming, maybe a new game was greenlit?).

Even without the delays, Min Min looked pretty much like our E3 pick entirely. It was made clear Steve/Alex required wayyyyy too much work as is to be ready by June as well, as I noted above. Yes, what I'm seeing is that we were always getting one E3 character last year. I highly doubt it's going to change. However, if they actually suddenly greenlit more characters, bonus or otherwise, then I can see this E3 getting two characters. But it's the only reason I can see it happening. They'll pretty much have nothing left to show for the rest of the year if they put it all in there now. Fall is the best time for CP11, as it keeps people interested through the entire year. They've been doing that for both Fighter's Passes, spreading out reveals as best as possible. To me, one reveal seems perfect for the schedule, just like last year's E3 month(if E3 wasn't cancelled, anyway). Just like the previous year, where they had less time to spread them out. Etc.
I mean, they didn't necessarily have to show any gameplay. Joker just had the animated trailer, and Terry only had the funny sprite animation. If Steve was too far away, they just could've shown him breaking the blocks and ending it on Mario dying an explosive death. If they wanted to to take advantage of Minecon, they can still just do the gameplay announcement there a decent while after the initial announcement.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I do wonder if Sora would be seen as a "waste" without the Disney stuff. Half of Kingdom Heart's appeal is the Disney content, right?

(I don't play Kingdom Hearts or really know anything about it depiste being a huge Disney fan).
Kingdom Hearts is a series where you go into it for the Disney stuff but you stay for the Wacky Shenanigans with the OC's

Disney is a part of It but Kingdom Hearts and would make it feel complete, but it's not required for Kingdom Hearts representation to feel proper.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

Disney was centric in KH1, after that?
Idk man, it's like someone wrote a Disney fanfiction x Final Fantasy on Fanfiction.com, and halfway through forgot that it was a Disney x FF fanfiction and went to write his own stuff as the story g-

Oh wait, that actually is that.

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
I'm not that sure about that; each 3rd party character has come with differing amounts of content (ranging from Terry's smorgasbord of SNK content to 2 midi songs per DQ character). It's not like Sora has to come with both the OG disney and the KH-specific stuff to be included.
Sakurai still chose to include Luminary's party members (granted, as one spirit under the "Hero's Companions" name - point still stands since the party members are a very important part of DQ) so it is not unreasonable for Sakurai to conclude that Donald / Goofy are important enough to include in some form or fashion in Sora's hypotheoretical challenger pack, and leaving them out might've felt to him like leaving out Luminary's party members. Cloud's party members did also come along, as Spirits / Mii costumes when :ultsephiroth: descended with his omnious latin chanting.

Yeah, Donald and Goofy aren't the most important characters in KH's story... but they're by far known as "Sora's Companions" within KH as a whole, what with them being the companions for every numbered entry. And while it's hypotheoretically possible that Dream Eaters / other KH OCs could fill that, it's entirely possible that Sakurai's not confident with leaving them out when they're the most visible party members by far. With a large chunk of screentime themselves as they interact with Sora and co. a lot.

Now I'm also of the opinion that Sora could hypotheoretically be included without Disney content, yeah, but I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai felt that Donald / Goofy are neccessary. Of course, I'm trying to guess what Sakurai thinks, so I could be wrong here, but it's an educated guess based on what little precedent there is.

Also, some news related to a dark horse that has been talked about here in the past:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Sakurai still chose to include Luminary's party members (granted, as one spirit under the "Hero's Companions" name - point still stands since the party members are a very important part of DQ) so it is not unreasonable for Sakurai to conclude that Donald / Goofy are important enough to include in some form or fashion in Sora's hypotheoretical challenger pack, and leaving them out might've felt to him like leaving out Luminary's party members. Cloud's party members did also come along, as Spirits / Mii costumes when :ultsephiroth: descended with his omnious latin chanting.

Yeah, Donald and Goofy aren't the most important characters in KH's story... but they're by far known as "Sora's Companions" within KH as a whole, what with them being the companions for every numbered entry. And while it's hypotheoretically possible that Dream Eaters / other KH OCs could fill that, it's entirely possible that Sakurai's not confident with leaving them out when they're the most visible party members by far. With a large chunk of screentime themselves as they interact with Sora and co. a lot.

Now I'm also of the opinion that Sora could hypotheoretically be included without Disney content, yeah, but I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai felt that Donald / Goofy are neccessary. Of course, I'm trying to guess what Sakurai thinks, so I could be wrong here, but it's an educated guess based on what little precedent there is.

Also, some news related to a dark horse that has been talked about here in the past:

Man, I do feel bad for Level-5. I'm legit concerned for their future, and there's a part of me that hopes they at least get SOMETHING in Smash before the worst case scenario happens...

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord

This would be cool to go along with Toriyama artstyle considering the art is made by Ghibli, the most famous studio in animation history.

Man, I do feel bad for Level-5. I'm legit concerned for their future, and there's a part of me that hopes they at least get SOMETHING in Smash before the worst case scenario happens...
I feel like in the Smash 4 days Level-5 is actually a big name around the community as they're a big deal in the DS and 3DS era, even if the community only knows Professor Layton that's the best day for them. Now they can't really survive during this time considering everyone just thinking about character that is worth the slot, "no time for a really out-there inclusion, it must be the obvious!" and the news hurts a lot.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I mean, they didn't necessarily have to show any gameplay. Joker just had the animated trailer, and Terry only had the funny sprite animation. If Steve was too far away, they just could've shown him breaking the blocks and ending it on Mario dying an explosive death. If they wanted to to take advantage of Minecon, they can still just do the gameplay announcement there a decent while after the initial announcement.
No, they really couldn't. They didn't have actual real stuff done enough to showcase him. That would mean we'd have to wait three months again while barely understanding what he's like. It was godawful with Banjo.

They weren't going to do that ever again unless they don't have another better time to reveal the character. They absolutely planned him for August at the earliest because that meant at worst they'd do the showcase around Minecon. Also, keep in mind the trailers are done separately, but Nintendo chose him to be more than a month after E3's time to begin with. E3 had nothing to do with it. It was blatantly changed a month ahead to coincide with Minecon, the only time it'd get the most hype. Unlike others, Steve is a large gaming icon and E3 is irrelevant to that. Don't forget Microsoft is involved and realistically, they want their character to be showcased at the best of times(Minecon). They don't need E3 to get the train rolling. The character sells itself. They're not niche in any way, after all. Banjo and Hero needed it because they're much smaller characters worldwide, and even then, if they had time, one of them could've been planned differently. Namely, if PP was ready 2 months earlier entirely(though still released in January for promotional reasons), meaning it didn't cut into development time to even a small degree.

So I'm calling bull**** on the idea it was ever possible to do. There's no way Steve/Alex had any chance before August at best, when there was enough gameplay ready to actually transfer over to the trailer(they do use gameplay in his trailer, after all). They had to change every single stage. That is going to take a very long time. So I hard believe that he was purely August at the earliest(if the Min Min delay didn't happen) or September instead anyway, since it was a better time to reveal him.

E3 at best should be getting one character. If it works out, two or more. It didn't work out, so they planned 'em for somewhere else. That said, it's clear I'm convinced of this, so I won't continue it any further with anyone. I never believed Steve/Alex were once meant for E3 to begin with. It doesn't add up in any way. The only thing I've seen so far is "they're the biggest icon for DLC, so must be E3" as a possible reason, and that's obviously not a true thing. Pac-Man was not an actual E3 reveal, after all. Miis(who are big in their own right) and Palutena(rather niche, though popular instead) were. They could've just as easily kept Pac-Man in the actual proper E3 event, but didn't. Which already pretty hard proves they aren't trying to throw just big names at E3 anyway. It doesn't work like that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I actually didn't like that game in the slightest. Story-wise I mean. I much preferred the first one.

SharkLord

Smash Hero

While we still have this fresh in our minds... May I ask what the game's about? What's the plot, where does it take place, how does it play, etc.? I'm admittedly not very familiar with this series.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I feel like in the Smash 4 days Level-5 is actually a big name around the community as they're a big deal in the DS and 3DS era, even if the community only knows Professor Layton that's the best day for them. Now they can't really survive during this time considering everyone just thinking about character that is worth the slot, "no time for a really out-there inclusion, it must be the obvious!" and the news hurts a lot.
I guess only focusing on the obvious really DOES hurt in the long run, huh? We won't realise what we had until it's gone.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
People will have to come to terms with the fact that we'll likely never know for sure whether or not Steve would've been revealed at E3. We can rationalize why he would or wouldn't have been revealed back then, but we'll have nothing but opinions to back our arguments. The best we have is, "It's Steve! Of course they'd reveal him then."

Unless Nintendo or Sakurai comes out and tells us when they intended to reveal Steve, it'll probably remain a mystery.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
While we still have this fresh in our minds... May I ask what the game's about? What's the plot, where does it take place, how does it play, etc.? I'm admittedly not very familiar with this series.
I don't know TOO much about it (I watched a Let's Play a LONG time ago, but don't remember much), but you play as Evan Pettiwisker Tildrum (I hope I spelt that right), a young prince who is forced to flee his own kingdom due to an uprising. Teaming up with what I believe to be the President of the United States (who got isekai'd into the game's world due to a bombing), he sets off to found a new kingdom, one that'll unite the other kingdoms and bring about peace.

I don't remember the combat much, but it's an RPG, so it has a lot of what you'd expect from that, plus some degree of management with the kingdom you run. Again, bad memory.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I don't know TOO much about it (I watched a Let's Play a LONG time ago, but don't remember much), but you play as Evan Pettiwisker Tildrum (I hope I spelt that right), a young prince who is forced to flee his own kingdom due to an uprising. Teaming up with what I believe to be the President of the United States (who got isekai'd into the game's world due to a bombing), he sets off to found a new kingdom, one that'll unite the other kingdoms and bring about peace.

I don't remember the combat much, but it's an RPG, so it has a lot of what you'd expect from that, plus some degree of management with the kingdom you run. Again, bad memory.
President of the United States (who got isekai'd into the game's world due to a bombing)
...Well that went from 1 to 100 real quick

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom