• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Well... for the first thing, at the very least that page didn’t exist during FP1’s run right? Or... nobody bothered to check. Rip. We’re in the dark till we see what that’s about

next game I may have to aggressively archive the eshop page every so often

ROBnWatch ROBnWatch back to the Veemos, for alts I was thinking at least one pair of splatfest colors. Chaos Gold and Order Silver are a MUST
ROBnWatch ROBnWatch sorry for the ping again but since it was at the end of the last page you probably didn’t see it

Shroob

Sup?
Talking about Vergeben, it's funny how the guy decided to somehow keep the biggest surprises to himself.
"I knew about Piranha Plant for days but didn't want to spoil it since no one would believe me"
I don't even think he was lying on this, but that's completely ********. Just say it if you have this info. Your source has been pretty solid up until now, you've come this far, either you say the name and trust them or you don't wait until the next day to say "Hon hon hon I had this info but I didn't share it :333".
Don't wait for the SNK leak from the Nintendo website to happen so you can suddenly claim it's Terry Bogard happening when 95% of people already guessed that. Same with Banjo after a bunch of leakers name-dropped him.

The guy clearly had legit information, and did share it correctly for the base game, not gonna complain on that aspect.
But how he went on during the DLC since Piranha Plant... Woah.
To be fair, Plant leaked, twice, before Verg said anything.

Once in like, August via reddit, and the other time via a 4chan post that got zero comments.

No one believed either.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Good choice on the Final Smash, and I like the inclusion of the Splatling. The music and spirits are also neat.
I really wanted to incorporate the remaining weapon classes in Splatoon 1 and 2, that aren't already present in Inkling's moveset, so I tried thinking of something interesting for each one. As for the Final Smash, I wanted to incorporate Ultra Stamp in some way since it's my favorite, but I couldn't come up with something that wasn't a transformation or a swing that led to a cutscene using other specials (and I wanted to keep it to just one special from Splatoon 2), and Booyah Bomb fit the bill perfectly. The music and Spirits were all Splatoon content I felt was missing from the current in-game content. Thanks for the feedback!

Technomage

Smash Champion
Also, I got another question that is unrelated, but something I was wondering about

Regarding the Bonus Fighter theory with the Extra Page, Was there always a extra Page that suggested something extra we didn't know about

So the whole thing is that there's a gap between CP11 and Ancient Armor that implies that a Bonus Content is in the works. I do wonder if this page existed since the beginning of FP2 when they first put the page up. I don't think it could be looked up because no one archived the page, but I think if we ever got an answer, it could change the speculation around it perhaps
While I am hopeful for another character after the final 2, I'll admit it's most likely a clerical error.

7NATOR

Smash Master
I'm not sure how leaking works specifically or what kind of stuff leakers/insiders have to work with or anything like that, but considering Verge was technically right about his list wrt CP5, and has been right about other Smash-related things in the past (not that this makes him infallible of course, but still), I'm willing to think that maybe his list back then was perhaps legit.

What I don't get is why it's being brought up now if it was meant to ONLY pertain to CP5.
Theory: Vergeben's Deconfirmation list might have had info on FP2... - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (gamespot.com)

Theory: Vergeben's Deconfirmation list might have had info on FP2 (PART 2) - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (gamespot.com)

Pyra/Mythera give more Credence to "Vergeben List deconfirm" Theory - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (gamespot.com)

Vergeben Deconfirm List Theory Part 3 (Perhaps Final Part?) - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (gamespot.com)

Vergeben Deconfirm List Theory Part 3.6 (The Extension) - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (gamespot.com)

Here's all you need to know about the Theory, and why the List is being brought up now

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Well... for the first thing, at the very least that page didn’t exist during FP1’s run right? Or... nobody bothered to check. Rip. We’re in the dark till we see what that’s about

next game I may have to aggressively archive the eshop page every so often

ROBnWatch ROBnWatch back to the Veemos, for alts I was thinking at least one pair of splatfest colors. Chaos Gold and Order Silver are a MUST
ROBnWatch ROBnWatch sorry for the ping again but since it was at the end of the last page you probably didn’t see it
Lol, no worries. I appreciate the continued flow of ideas to flesh out some things I couldn't figure out myself. The Chaos and Order Splatfest colors would definitely be great to see, and they could use other Splatfest colors too if they're having trouble figuring out different colors from the Inkling's.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
To be fair, Plant leaked, twice, before Verg said anything.

Once in like, August via reddit, and the other time via a 4chan post that got zero comments.

No one believed either.
These were two anonymous on reddit and 4chan (the latest didn't get a reply if I'm not wrong), and it's not more than people didn't believe them but they were not spread that much since it was at a time where we were getting 50 leaks a day.
Vergeben, contrary to those anonymous had a great track for Ultimate. Many people believed him. If he said Piranha Plant, people would have believed him before since it is Vergeben and after the Plant's reveal since, of course, it would have happened.
Your source that was pretty solid, gave you information on most of the fighters in the base game as well as the newcomers, tell you Piranha Plant is playable, and you choose to keep this one information out?
You also only choose what to leak to get people to believe you? Come on!

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
These were two anonymous on reddit and 4chan (the latest didn't get a reply if I'm not wrong), and it's not more than people didn't believe them but they were not spread that much since it was at a time where we were getting 50 leaks a day.
Vergeben, contrary to those anonymous had a great track for Ultimate. Many people believed him. If he said Piranha Plant, people would have believed him before since it is Vergeben and after the Plant's reveal since, of course, it would have happened.
Eh, I disagree tbh.

You gotta remember the time period where all of this was happening, namely:

1621543526207.png

Verg's believability was at an all time low, simply because of this damn hoax. If Verg had said "Guys, a ****ing Piranha Plant" during this time, then yeah, in hindsight he would have been more credible, but you also gotta remember, the people at that time were..... well...

"BoxCUCK btfo!"
"VIRGIN-BEN believer!"
"Lmao Box theorist xD"

Sure, if Verg had said it, in hindsight, we would all see he was 100% right, which he was even before that, but I wouldn't have wanted to live that day or two where he came out about Plant tbh. Grinch believers would have been even worse than they were.

Gnateb

Smash Journeyman
One of the reasons I think the Bandai Mii outfits don't count out a Dark Souls character (like with Akira and Jacky for Sega) is the massive number of characters which Nintendo could make costumes out of. Literally every humanoid boss and NPC in the Souls series has armor which the PC which equip.

In addition to Lloyd, they could make 4 Dark Souls costumes easy. Catarina set, Sunlight set, Artorias set, Ornstein set, they're done.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I always thought Grinch Leak was too good to be true

plus I thought Mach Rider would be boring but that’s neither here nor there

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Since I knew about the source Vergeben and that piece of **** of human being had for the FP5 at the time, I can tell you they were the one giving them the company that was NOT FP5, and this was only about FP5, not about any others characters, why they did that annoying game of "it's not X"?
Simply To not get caught.

Remember, even Sakurai said that most Nintendo Employee themselves didn't know who the hell it was until the reveal.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Eh, I disagree tbh.

View attachment 315915

Verg's believability was at an all time low, simply because of this damn hoax. If Verg had said "Guys, a ****ing Piranha Plant" during this time, then yeah, in hindsight he would have been more credible, but you also gotta remember, the people at that time were..... well...

"BoxCUCK btfo!"
"VIRGIN-BEN believer!"
"Lmao Box theorist xD"

Sure, if Verg had said it, in hindsight, we would all see he was 100% right, which he was even before that, but I wouldn't have wanted to live that day or two where he came out about Plant tbh. Grinch believers would have been even worse than they were.
I suppose it would be a matter of short-term or long-term effect. Short-term, it sounds like leaking Piranha Plant would be hell for Verge. Long-term, though, he gets full vindication and the last laugh (And least for pre-release spec). Heck, he could even play it safe by only putting it out a couple days from release, to minimize the toxicity that would be generated.

At least, that's what I'd do if I were him. I dunno how the guy actually runs things, so :drshrug:

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Its an interesting crossroads as far as these last two characters because there's speculation that the last two will be big or that they'll be fairly low key... and I think both have a point.

On one hand a lot of the most obvious picks for the logical but unspectacular first party fighters have already come in, and barring a Gen 8 Pokemon (which itself is very much up in the air), its hard to really even think of the kind of Nintendo character that the company would be willing to end the pass with. Now granted this could suggest simply more modest third parties, but with E3 coming up and essentially the last DLC character for the biggest Smash of all time does lead one to think they'd be somewhat notable.

On the the other hand though, it is very easy to imagine them looking at a DLC deal that has the the likes of Steve, Sephiroth (& a very major Japan favorite in Pyra/Mythra) and determine that the pass has essentially been sold, especially given how relatively late it now is in Ultimate's active lifespan. We could be at roughly the point in the first pass post Banjo where the (for lack of a better term) less attention grabbing fighters are considered safer to include and characters like a Terry or Byleth could get in.

Basically I think this might be one of the most open periods as far as speculation since December 2018 and I'm not going to begrudge those that think we're ending big or those believing the conclusion will be a bit more understated because there's sense in either happening.

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Eh, I disagree tbh.

View attachment 315915

"BoxCUCK btfo!"
"VIRGIN-BEN believer!"
"Lmao Box theorist xD"

That's what I don't understand about his way of thinking. As you said, he was at his lowest. You have nothing to lose. You know you're right. You know you can one-up all the people not believing you. And he kinda did by holding his ground with Incineroar and Ken, and that's why most people still believed him.
Then why not reveal Piranha Plant? Your reasons make sense, no need to get more fire by adding the Plant in the middle. Alright, he only needed to say Ken and Incineroar, more than enough.

What doesn't make sense is coming out after that and say "I knew about Piranha Plant but chose not to say it because no one would have believed me". You won the battle. People believe in you. You got the legendary sword in your hand. And you drop it on your foot intentionally.

Again, I do think he has, or at least had, real info. But some of his decisions were worthy of an average Amogus player.

Shroob

Sup?
That's what I don't understand about his way of thinking. As you said, he was at his lowest. You have nothing to lose. You know you're right. You know you can one-up all the people not believing you. And he kinda did by holding his ground with Incineroar and Ken, and that's why most people still believed him.
Then why not reveal Piranha Plant? Your reasons make sense, no need to get more fire by adding the Plant in the middle. Alright, he only needed to say Ken and Incineroar, more than enough.

What doesn't make sense is coming out after that and say "I knew about Piranha Plant but chose not to say it because no one would have believed me". You won the battle. People believe in you. You got the legendary sword in your hand. And you drop it on your foot intentionally.

Again, I do think he has, or at least had, real info. But some of his decisions were worthy of an average Amogus player.
I mean, didn't he himself not really believe in Plant?

Like, weren't his words something like "I've seen a video but I don't believe it."

And like, wasn't the video watermarked by someone iirc. Maybe he thought it was an elaborate hoax.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Since I knew about the source Vergeben and that piece of **** of human being had for the FP5 at the time, I can tell you they were the one giving them the company that was NOT FP5, and this was only about FP5, not about any others characters, why they did that annoying game of "it's not X"?

Remember, even Sakurai said that most Nintendo Employee themselves didn't know who the hell it was until the reveal.
Is the latter person who I think it is? He who must no longer be named?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I mean, didn't he himself not really believe in Plant?

Like, weren't his words something like "I've seen a video but I don't believe it."

And like, wasn't the video watermarked by someone iirc. Maybe he thought it was an elaborate hoax.
I remember he said a similar thing about K. Rool, having heard of him but not trusting the one who told him enough to actually share it with others.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Calling it now: If a Fighters Pass 3 is happening, FP11 has a super high likeliness of being another "Byleth" situation because Nintendo may choose to blatantly end off with another first party most people may not want.

Can't lie, such an example could be an UNWANTED Gen 8 Pokemon. I say "unwanted" because some Gen 8 Mons actually have a good fanbase, e.g. Toxtricity.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
To be fair, Joker, Steve and Sephiroth weren't leaked. Same would have happened with Terry if it wasn't for Nintendo themselves. And Banjo was just leaked 2-3 days before his reveal.
Steve was leaked numerous times by both credible and non-credible leakers, Joker was leaked ONCE, but yea you're right about Sephiroth, I believe.

7NATOR

Smash Master

I still think there are plot holes regarding the whole FP5, Like the fact it didn't seem like the Source knew Byleth was FP5, and why they got Confused on KOS-MOS, and such. But I'm not gonna get into it now. I'll justleave it here

ZelDan

Smash Master
Steve was leaked numerous times by both credible and non-credible leakers, Joker was leaked ONCE, but yea you're right about Sephiroth, I believe.
The only leak about Steve I recall was when Zhuge hinted at him by making some clever reference with a post talking about dataminers, like, a day or maybe hours before his reveal.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
The only leak about Steve I recall was when Zhuge hinted at him by making some clever reference with a post talking about dataminers, like, a day or maybe hours before his reveal.
Imran Khan did something clever like this, as well, iirc.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
The Katalina dude?
Their name started with an S and ended in an I

I’m sure you know what I mean
Calling it now: If a Fighters Pass 3 is happening, FP11 has a super high likeliness of being another "Byleth" situation because Nintendo may choose to blatantly end off with another first party most people may not want.

Can't lie, such an example could be an UNWANTED Gen 8 Pokemon. I say "unwanted" because some Gen 8 Mons actually have a good fanbase, e.g. Toxtricity.
one persons trash is another’s treasure soooooo... maybe one of my girls who was shot down may live again 🥺

SharkLord

Smash Hero
There was also that Reddit guy who later leaked Monster Hunter Rise. PracticalBrush, I think.

He also only leaked Steve like a day before the official reveal as well. Does that for all his leaks, really.

Shroob

Sup?
There was also that Reddit guy who later leaked Monster Hunter Rise. PracticalBrush, I think.

He also only leaked Steve like a day before the official reveal as well. Does that for all his leaks, really.
I don't recall Brush doing that a day before.

Minutes yes, but not a day.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
It was literally like 15 minutes before the reveal.

Which made me kinda mad because at that point, why leak the character? It was subtle but not cryptic enough to not realize who the character was. I decided to go to Twitter before the announcement, saw her tweet and got "spoiled".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom