• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Who’s the pink haired girl next to Sans?
That's Elizabeth Bathory from Fate who is a Berserker Class servant that dreams to become an idol (also she has an evil counterpart named Carmilla who supposed to be the more accurate portrayal of the real Elizabeth who is well known for her murder that made her infamous).

Last edited:

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
I mean

Yeah, the Smash fanbase has given its fair share of dumb theories, but that's what speculation is, a bunch of dumb theories that people toss around for fun. Who cares if they're right or wrong really, it's just fun to do.

Like, without speculation and theories, what exactly are we left with?

"I like X character!"
"Yeah, X character is cool."
"What about Y character?"
"Nah, Y sucks."

That sounds like a boring as hell time tbh.

Sure, people who impose theories as facts suck, but a theory is just that, a theory, it's not a rule.
It's not that, it's the absolutism that really grinds my gears, people act like everything is either certain or impossible rather than more or less likely considering information that comes to light. It feels like they believe if they say something is impossible or certain because of some flimsy and often flawed logic, that they have made that character get in/ not get in personally, which isn't a particularly healthy mindset.
Like, for example, thinking Sol has a good shot because we've had a new fighting game character in every wave of characters since Smash 4 DLC: that makes sense. Thinking a Pokemon is impossible because they have a Spanish voice actor: I'm sorry what?

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
  1. Vectorman
That's it, Vectorman is of utmost importance
While spreading the gospel of Vectorman is of upmost importance, I didn't do it. He is deserving of only the most high quality videos, and my current skills are lacking to do Him justice. He will arrive eventually, but not yet.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Like, for example, thinking Sol has a good shot because we've had a new fighting game character in every wave of characters since Smash 4 DLC: that makes sense. Thinking a Pokemon is impossible because they have a Spanish voice actor: I'm sorry what?
Well, I will say the opposite: believing that we are getting a character from a specific genre because of some pattern is dumb, while using data from the game files that show they, indeed, didn't bring back voice actors from specific countries thus implying they didn't need them for a character that would require them makes more sense when it's actually stuff you can find yourself in the game.

See, that's a matter of opinions of what you think holds water and what does not.

Ivander

Smash Legend
That's Elizabeth Bathory from Fate who is a Berserker Class servant that dreams to become an idol (also she has an evil counterpart named Carmilla who supposed to be the more accurate portrayal of the real Elizabeth who is well known for her murder that made her infamous).
Lancer Class actually. She becomes a Berserker in CCC only at a certain point, but goes back to a Lancer later. Her original form in Grand Order is also just a Lancer, with only her "variations" being different classes.

Also, Elizabeth in CCC is still a somewhat accurate portrayal of the real Elizabeth. It's just that after the events of CCC, that's when she desires to change herself after her encounter with the player character and their Servant in CCC.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
So here's a theory/argument against a new Pokemon that I've seen going rounds:

View attachment 315296

The gist of it is that there's evidence that they did not bring in European teams for recording new lines for the FP2 characters, unlike the base game characters and even FP1. Which would potentially rule out characters that necessitate French/German/etc voice clips, like a new Pokemon (i.e Cinderace is called "Pyrobut" in French)

What do we make of this?
Stupid. So so stupid! If there’s trouble with the voice actors for a POKÉMON! One of the biggest Series of all time, then it would likely be English Voice Acting because the English Pokémon VA’s are American, and we’re still a year away from normalcy if it ever shows up again (thank god for those Vaccination Insensitive's are trying to help those stupid rednecks to get vaccinated). Only English Voice this Pass so far is Pyra and Mythra, and the Xenoblade VA’s are British. So, unless the character has no Japanese or other language voice, I’m going to assume the rest of the characters this Pass will not be getting English Voices. It’s either going to be reused, have no Japanese VA, a Pokémon, or not there at all. That’s my two sense.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Stupid. So so stupid! If there’s trouble with the voice actors for a POKÉMON! One of the biggest Series of all time, then it would likely be English Voice Acting because the English Pokémon VA’s are American, and we’re still a year away from normalcy if it ever shows up again (thank god for those Vaccination Insensitive's are trying to help those stupid rednecks to get vaccinated). Only English Voice this Pass so far is Pyra and Mythra, and the Xenoblade VA’s are British. So, unless the character has no Japanese or other language voice, I’m going to assume the rest of the characters this Pass will not be getting English Voices. It’s either going to be reused, have no Japanese VA, a Pokémon, or not there at all. That’s my two sense.
Skye Bennet lives in the US actually, not to mention that if you're trying to argue that Pokemon's size means that the budget changes, then I have some bad news for you about Pokemon budgets. Also, Sephiroth's got a union actor last I checked as SE actually respects unions whereas NoA are cheapskates

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Skye Bennet lives in the US actually, not to mention that if you're trying to argue that Pokemon's size means that the budget changes, then I have some bad news for you about Pokemon budgets. Also, Sephiroth's got a union actor last I checked as SE actually respects unions whereas NoA are cheapskates
Yeah lol. I didn’t know that about Skye Bennet so thanks for the correction Gwen.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
No BOTW2 at this Direct would be insanity on Nintendo’s part. I wouldn’t expect MP4 until next year.
Yeah, BotW2 is going to be shown this year. Nintendo themselves said that. So I'm thinking the game is going to either appear during E3 or the Game Awards. Or both.

So what he's trying to say is:

View attachment 315371
Pretty much.
I do think we will see Bayonetta 3 info this year, but I feel that will be for september's Direct or TGA.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Yeah, BotW2 is going to be shown this year. Nintendo themselves said that. So I'm thinking the game is going to either appear during E3 or the Game Awards. Or both.

Pretty much.
I do think we will see Bayonetta 3 info this year, but I feel that will be for september's Direct or TGA.
Wait Nintendo said that? Swear to god if we get that while Bayo 3 and Prime 4 are stilp MIA I will write a formal letter

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Meanwhile, Pikmin 4 be like “first time”?

at least we finally got SMTV info... right...?

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Wait Nintendo said that? Swear to god if we get that while Bayo 3 and Prime 4 are stilp MIA I will write a formal letter
Considering Bayonetta's creator basically said to forget Bayonetta 3 was even announced, I doubt we're seeing that one for awhile...

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Maybe I misunderstood but that's what Aonuma said during the last Direct, just before he announced Skyward Sword HD. He said something like "we will share more about BotW2 this year".

PacificFun

Smash Ace
A bit off-topic but huh...
20210516_090216.jpg

(With the rumors of an FE remake being revealed at E3, I wonder if there's a possibility that the lord of the game could be CP10 or CP11).

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
View attachment 315388
(With the rumors of an FE remake being revealed at E3, I wonder if there's a possibility that the lord of the game could be CP10 or CP11).
On the one hand, another FE character getting their own spirit board while Byleth’s right there DOES give a bit of hope for Elma...

on the other hand, y’all better find the nearest nuclear shelter immediately if this is the case

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
View attachment 315388
Since we are talking patterns, all DLC extensions had at least one new Fire Emblem character.
The second pass is still missing its character from this series.
The Lloyd mii costume is definitely returning with a character wielding a sword.
And we are also missing a tournament only having sword users event.
Guess another Fire Emblem character was inevitable after all.
:mybodyisreggie:

Technomage

Smash Champion
View attachment 315388
Since Fire Emblem has skyrocketed in profits and popularity due to Awakening, I don't think it's a niche franchise anymore.

However, if the FE remake rumors are true, then I really don't want its lord to be one of the DLC fighters. I don't care about any other details about the character; I'm tired of all the milking.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Since we are talking patterns, all DLC extensions had at least one new Fire Emblem character.
The second pass is still missing its character from this series.
The Lloyd mii costume is definitely returning with a character wielding a sword.
And we are also missing a tournament only having sword users event.
Guess another Fire Emblem character was inevitable after all.
:mybodyisreggie:
WAIT A MINUTE!

Dragalia Lost's FEH crossover events are becoming permanent to the game in a day or two. People are theorising a third FEH crossover to give the devs an excuse to add Anna.

Do you know what this means? It means Euden can get in as a Fire Emblem rep!

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
On the one hand, another FE character getting their own spirit board while Byleth’s right there DOES give a bit of hope for Elma...

on the other hand, y’all better find the nearest nuclear shelter immediately if this is the case
To be fair, if we do end up getting another FE character, they would be separate from Byleth while Elma would be the second XC character in the same pass...and I don't think Nintendo is brave enough to do that.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
To be fair, if we do end up getting another FE character, they would be separate from Byleth while Elma would be the second XC character in the same pass...and I don't think Nintendo is brave enough to do that.
The overall theory is one spirit board per DLC series, that’s what I’m basing this on and hoping it breaks

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
In French, it's more apparent with "Amphinobi". Incineroar too with Félinferno.
Wonder why they decided to go with the anime voice actors instead of using the generic sounds from the games. That would have make voice acting much easier.
Or it's a GameFreak request. I recall Sakurai receiving a request to change Wii Fit Trainer's face too.
Felinferno is such a better fitting name than Incineroar honestly

I got nothing more, move along

PacificFun

Smash Ace
Since Fire Emblem has skyrocketed in profits and popularity due to Awakening, I don't think it's a niche franchise anymore.

However, if the FE remake rumors are true, then I really don't want its lord to be one of the DLC fighters. I don't care about any other details about the character; I'm tired of all the milking.
I really feel like it depends on the context of the word "niche"

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
The overall theory is one spirit board per DLC series, that’s what I’m basing this on and hoping it breaks
As painful as it is to see you in the bargaining stage of grief, you don't even need to stretch **** out like this to pretend Elma still has a chance.

Sidenote, if Elma somehow miraculously got in despite Monolith hating X, Xenoblade would have quadrupled it's amount of characters as DLC, causing it to become the new Fire Emblem Bad

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I would absolutely LOVE a new Fire Emblem game, especially with the awesome engine of Three Houses. 😍 I do also hope it will be a remake of either FE4 and FE5, or the Tellius games FE9 and FE10.

Also if it's a remake the chances drop significantly for the main Lord to be included, either he's already there, as with Roy or Ike, or it'll be another Marth like Lord as Seliph. Who likely will be skipped over like Alm was.

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I would absolutely LOVE a new Fire Emblem game, especially with the awesome engine of Three Houses. 😍 I do also hope it will be a remake of either FE4 and FE5, or the Tellius games FE9 and FE10.
I really want a remake of Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn using the Three Houses engine. I loved Ike’s games and they are what got me into the series. It would be a lot of fun to replay them with modern Fire Emblem design.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
It's not that, it's the absolutism that really grinds my gears, people act like everything is either certain or impossible rather than more or less likely considering information that comes to light. It feels like they believe if they say something is impossible or certain because of some flimsy and often flawed logic, that they have made that character get in/ not get in personally, which isn't a particularly healthy mindset.
While I agree with your point about people taking fan theories as absolutes, the logic behind the Spanish voice theory is quite simple and consistent:
  • P1: If a Smash DLC wave contains a character with unique names in French and Spanish, unique French and Spanish cheers are likely recorded for the entire wave of characters.
  • P2: No one in the second Fighter's Pass had unique French and Spanish cheers.
  • P3: Virtually all Gen 8 Pokemon have a unique name in French and Spanish.
  • C: It's unlikely that a Gen 8 Pokemon is in the second Fighter's Pass.
You don't have to agree with these premises, but it's a perfectly sound argument.

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
FE is getting a 2 year cycle with a pattern of main game -> remake -> main game.

2015: Fates
2017: Shadows of Valentia (Remake)
2019 Three Houses
2021: Genealogy of the Holy War (Remake)
2023: 14th main installment
2025: Thracia 776 (Remake)

btw, less than a month for a potential new smash fighter reveal, how many of you are a bit nervous??

Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I'm really, really certain that we won't be getting another FE rep this pass. I am similarly confident in regards to a new Pokemon. I don't know who it will be, but my gut says it'll be characters that - whether I wanted them beforehand or not, will actually be interesting. It's one thing that last pass ended how it did, I don't think they'd do that again the very next one down.

This comes off as scaremongering, to be honest.

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
As much as I'd like Sigurd, the biggest chad in the history of JRPGs, to get into Smash, I'm skeptical even if an FE4 remake is announced. Smash very rarely gives rereleases and remakes major content. The most I can think of is Pokemon Trainer using their FireRed/LeafGreen design and Gerudo Valley being put in to represent OoT3D.

So, Fire Emblem is likely taking a seat on the backburner this time.

Last edited:

PacificFun

Smash Ace
I'm really, really certain that we won't be getting another FE rep this pass. I am similarly confident in regards to a new Pokemon. I don't know who it will be, but my gut says it'll be characters that - whether I wanted them beforehand or not, will actually be interesting. It's one thing that last pass ended how it did, I don't think they'd do that again the very next one down.
This is Nintendo

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
FE is getting a 2 year cycle with a pattern of main game -> remake -> main game.

2015: Fates
2017: Shadows of Valentia (Remake)
2019 Three Houses
2021: Genealogy of the Holy War (Remake)
2023: 14th main installment
2025: Thracia 776 (Remake)

btw, less than a month for a potential new smash fighter reveal, how many of you are a bit nervous??
We can't call it a cycle when it's only a by-product of three games so far and it entails the latest release having been delayed from its original release year.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
That said... Black Knight would be kind of cool, I was kind of hoping he'd be an Ike echo in the base-game speculation days. But alas, I was being silly. He would be an interesting FE rep, and we can't be having that! I don't think we'll get an echo pass, but if we did... fingers crossed...? I guess?

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
That said... Black Knight would be kind of cool, I was kind of hoping he'd be an Ike echo in the base-game speculation days. But alas, I was being silly. He would be an interesting FE rep, and we can't be having that! I don't think we'll get an echo pass, but if we did... fingers crossed...? I guess?
Alright, Black Knight's on the list for the next batch of videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom