• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Palutena and the Miis were big to me dammit T_T

Base game reveals are different from DLC though. and throughout Ultimate Nintendo has gotten better with character reveal placement and the like.
I disagree. Inciniroar, Plant, Blyeth are not game enders. I like them, just not the last "one more thing"

Technomage

Smash Champion
Being able to control the type of assist trophy would be nice. Most I have no issue with but excluding a select few would improve matches for me.
Ugh, tell me about it; I really hate dealing with the likes of Nightmare and Palkia (since they mess up the screen and controls). >_<

My word, the Crash discussions have been run into the ground. Not even for saying how likely he is, at this point; Like 80% of it is just people insisting that he isn't iconic (Which just isn't true, even if how big he is has been exaggerated a little), or that he's not unique enough (Which is the single weakest argument in the history of Smash spec) or some crap, arguing against supporters who haven't even said anything yet. And we do this constantly, twice a week, it feels. And whenever we get dragged back into that loop of well-worn debates that go absolutely nowhere, my mood goes from this to this.

Maybe it's because I literally just got up and I'm still booting up all my systems, but at this point I'm just genuinely sick of all the Crash talk. I don't want to hear about how likely he is, I don't want to hear about how unlikely he is, I don't want to hear about him at all anymore, period. Let's move on and talk about someone else for once.
Okay, let's talk about other Actividion reps. Other candidates I can come up with are:

Call of Duty soldier
Pitfall Harry
Spyro the Dragon
Someone from Guitar Hero

One, Palutena at E3 defeating the idea of big E3 reveals. This has a bit of misunderstanding surrounding it. Yeah, Palu's the smallest E3 reveal we've gotten, but she was the exception, not the rule. Every other E3 has had a big reveal; Mega Man, Ridley, Banjo, Ryu. In Paluu's E3, the big reveal were the Miis; Lots of customization, splash screens for famed historical figures and celebrities, and a fight between Reggie and Iwata. It's clear the Miis were meant to get a lot of spotlight. We're more than likely getting a big reveal based on past precedent. Doesn't mean all reveals at E3 will be huge, but we're probbaly getting at least one heavy hitter.
Huh, I thought Pac-Man was the big reveal for the E3 with Palu and Miis.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
We're more than likely getting a big reveal based on past precedent. Doesn't mean all reveals at E3 will be huge, but we're probbaly getting at least one heavy hitter
Could also be "big" the way :ultridley::ultbanjokazooie: were. Remember, the hype surrounding Banjo wasn't that a new third-party series with a new copyright was added.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Same, I think the double dip fan-rule will die at E3. Master Chief just seems like such an obvious E3 character.
My current prediction is a double reveal of CP10: Swordfighter character (Adol Christan, Chosen Undead, Dovahkiin, Euden, Nightmare, Yuri Lowell, etc.) and CP11: Master Chief.

CP10 releasing June, CP11 releasing September-Ocotober.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
The common link between those 3 is that DLC was always on the Horizon from when they were announced.
Even if we looks at the past,
SSB64 - Jiggs
SSBM - Mr Game and Watch
SSBB - Wolf and Toon Link
SSB4 - Duck hunt dog
SSB4-DLC - Bayo
SSBU - Inciniroar, Plant
SSBU DLC1 - Byleth

I would say they always end on low notes.

Technomage

Smash Champion
This topic about Master Chief has got me thinking: Has Chief ever shown his real face in the canon games? If so, and if he were added to the game, should he come with his maskless state as an alternate costume?

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
This topic about Master Chief has got me thinking: Has Chief ever shown his real face in the canon games? If so, and if he were added to the game, should he come with his maskless state as an alternate costume?
I think no. He works as the faceless Marine. All his costumes need to be the different color suits from multiplayer. I want Red vs Blue smash addition.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I'll say it again, it feels like we're talking about double-dips just to talk about Master Chief specifically. Nothing for Squeenix characters like Lara Croft or 2B, just Master Chief. It feels kinda... Biased? Hyperfocused? I'm not sure what the right word is, but it just feels like MC has a monopoly on the double-dip discussion. I dunno, I just feel like it's gonna be another one of those things where we focus too much on one thing and then get blindsided because we didn't think to consider other options.

On the E3 topic, we haven't had an E3 like this one before, where we're facing the end of DLC: both the end as a whole and the end of a pass. It's hard to say if the pattern of big reveals will continue, since the context is so different.
We're also facing two separate precedents that directly oppose each other (late Smash reveals tend to end on lower notes) so it's really anybody's game.

On a completely separate note, I've been thinking about Ayumi lately, mostly because I'm waiting for the game to release. My biggest concern with the possibility of her inclusion in Smash is that, as far as I'm aware, the remake is only getting a physical release in Japan. That doesn't look like a product Nintendo wants to push heavily elsewhere, at least not to the extent of getting a fighter in Smash.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Not fully and No.
The only different alt should be wearing Mjolnir Gen V instead of the Mjolnir Gen VI

Technomage

Smash Champion
I'll say it again, it feels like we're talking about double-dips just to talk about Master Chief specifically. Nothing for Squeenix characters like Lara Croft or 2B, just Master Chief. It feels kinda... Biased? Hyperfocused? I'm not sure what the right word is, but it just feels like MC has a monopoly on the double-dip discussion. I dunno, I just feel like it's gonna be another one of those things where we focus too much on one thing and then get blindsided because we didn't think to consider other options.
I came up with a different idea for a double dip: Marco Rossi from Metal Slug.

Sure SNK already has its other franchises properly repped in Terry's pack, but Metal Slug only has a few songs, and it doesn't have any spirits. I think it could use some more representation. Plus, Marco could be unique (especially considering that he wouldn't be another punchy-and-kicky guy like Terry).

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Aside from being extremely miffed about Crash, there's a couple other things that I feel need correcting.

One, Palutena at E3 defeating the idea of big E3 reveals. This has a bit of misunderstanding surrounding it. Yeah, Palu's the smallest E3 reveal we've gotten, but she was the exception, not the rule. Every other E3 has had a big reveal; Mega Man, Ridley, Banjo, Ryu. In Paluu's E3, the big reveal were the Miis; Lots of customization, splash screens for famed historical figures and celebrities, and a fight between Reggie and Iwata. It's clear the Miis were meant to get a lot of spotlight. We're more than likely getting a big reveal based on past precedent. Doesn't mean all reveals at E3 will be huge, but we're probbaly getting at least one heavy hitter.

Second, fighters must be unique. To be blunt, uniqueness means nothing. Nintendo's making the choices, not Sakurai. While he can say no, that actually supports simpler characters, seeing as he's actually turned down some more complex fighters; Steve because he didn't think he could make it work (Though he would cave eventually), and Rex because it was just too complex for the engine to handle, forcing him to go with Pyra and Mythra with a less complex stance swap system. Honestly, I think anyone trying to push someone as likely/unlikely is just speaking out of their personal likes and dislikes, not actual likeliness.
Imma build on those two points.

First off, I think really the only DLC newcomer that is truly unique is Steve. Maybe you can argue Min Min and Hero. But everyone else is not treading on new ground. Meters existed well before Joker and Sephiroth in Smash. Character switching and Fighting game imputs too. Heck, Byleth and Banjo basically play pretty generically at the end of the day with very few bells and whistles. To me, uniqueness is part of the pitch you can make for a character, but it is not the end all be all of a character. At the end of the day, basically ANY character can be unique. Maybe they have a gimmick to them, maybe not, who knows. But you can argue that basically any generic character can be unique. Sakurai was able to make Byleth unique. While I dislike Byleth and think that any of the lords would have been a better choice, Sakurai still managed to create a character that while feeling like another swordsman, still brings something else to the table.

As for the E3 reveals, Palu definitely took the backseat compared to the Miis and Pac Man the next day. While she was a big fan favorite heading into 4, she was certainly not a reveal as big as the other two. But even then, we got a video of Reggie and Iwata duking it out for the Miis, it was clear they were meant to be a big announcement, probably the big announcement. Combine that with one of the most iconic characters of all time coming the next day, I think the idea that E3 tends to get a bomb holds. Brawl speculation is a lot murkier (picking up patterns for Smash speculation from there compared to 4 is a lot harder) but even then we had the huge reveals like the initial reveal at E3 06 and if you really force it, Sonic at E for All (Sonic was revealed before, but he was playable at the demo there a week after his reveal). Even then, we have had pretty big reveals historically. Ryu, Mega Man, Ridley and Everyone is Here, Hero and Banjo. The odd man out is E3 2020 for obvious reasons, but at this point most people tend to accept Steve likely would have gotten a teaser at E3 and release in October similar to how Banjo was teased at E3 the year before if the world was not on fire. I think that saying that the pass is going to end on a smaller note makes sense, but the pass almost certainly is not ending at E3. We will probably get CP10 at E3, and then wait for CP 11 sometime in August.

Yeah smash fans are hyper focused on the idea of chief because it is not impossible now. The idea that this character is so big they have to be the exception is honestly kind of dumb. I personally think that if we get Chief, it would likely be in a bonus slot as a separate challenger pack at the end. I think a double dip just does not make much sense. Why would it happen now?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

Sure SNK already has its other franchises properly repped in Terry's pack, but Metal Slug only has a few songs, and it doesn't have any spirits. I think it could use some more representation. Plus, Marco could be unique (especially considering that he wouldn't be another punchy-and-kicky guy like Terry).
While I have been bringing up Marco as a possible SNK rep still, I believe "double dipping" refers to the same pass. Hero and Sephiroth isn't double dipping, but Sephiroth and Geno would be.

SharkLord

Smash Hero

I'm still kinda hesitant on that. The announced they were making more DLC in Terry's overview, and they probably would've known if they were adding a Metal Slug rep at that point. If they were aware of the big Metal Slug pack coming down the line, why release Metal Slug songs with a second pack? The fact that Terry came with Metal Slug content, minor as it may be, makes me think they just didn't plan for a Metal Slug fighter in the first place.

Clumsyzephyr

Smash Journeyman
While I do think they'd avoid showing off very niche characters at E3, I think people go overboard on "big" characters. And even then, the only characters I see discussed as groundbreaking here are just big western picks like Master Chief. I feel like if Hero was the only one revealed at E3, it would be compared more to Palutena.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
While I do think they'd avoid showing off very niche characters at E3, I think people go overboard on "big" characters. And even then, the only characters I see discussed as groundbreaking here are just big western picks like Master Chief. I feel like if Hero was the only one revealed at E3, it would be compared more to Palutena.
Except that DQ is one of the biggest RPGs of all time and that Palutena was revealed alongside two other characters, one of which is one of the biggest video game characters of all time.

Pac-Man was given a very low key reveal, we knew he was in from random twitter posts before the trailer was put up.
While true, Pac Man was still revealed at E3 to the media and developers there and then revealed to the public. It happened at E3, in my opinion it counts.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Imma build on those two points.

First off, I think really the only DLC newcomer that is truly unique is Steve. Maybe you can argue Min Min and Hero. But everyone else is not treading on new ground. Meters existed well before Joker and Sephiroth in Smash. Character switching and Fighting game imputs too. Heck, Byleth and Banjo basically play pretty generically at the end of the day with very few bells and whistles. To me, uniqueness is part of the pitch you can make for a character, but it is not the end all be all of a character. At the end of the day, basically ANY character can be unique. Maybe they have a gimmick to them, maybe not, who knows. But you can argue that basically any generic character can be unique. Sakurai was able to make Byleth unique. While I dislike Byleth and think that any of the lords would have been a better choice, Sakurai still managed to create a character that while feeling like another swordsman, still brings something else to the table.
And adding onto that point, most of the time when people say uniqueness, they mean big, crazy gimmicks. Byleth throws a wrench in that, because their moveset doesn't have any abnormal attributes, meters, or control schemes, just different weapons for different directions. It's consistent, at least, but it's not really a moveset-defining gimmick. To a lesser extent, Banjo does the same, as he only has a limited-use mechanic for a single special. The main punching bag for "Too simple" seems to be Crash, but going off of Banjo and Byleth, if he needs a gimmick that badly we can just slap Aku Aku on him and call it a day. There, problem solved.

We've just got it in reverse. "Moveset potential" isn't needed to get into Smash; Gimmicks and unusual fighters are just what Sakurai likes making.

Clumsyzephyr

Smash Journeyman
Except that DQ is one of the biggest RPGs of all time and that Palutena was revealed alongside two other characters, one of which is one of the biggest video game characters of all time.

While true, Pac Man was still revealed at E3 to the media and developers there and then revealed to the public. It happened at E3, in my opinion it counts.
Yeah, but you wouldn't think that looking at most reactions. Even here there was tons of disappointment until Banjo. I recall people on this site even arguing about DQ's popularity, all cause it isn't very popular in the west. Imagine Master Chief being speculated in Japan where Halo doesn't sell nearly as well as here, I'm not saying neither is big I'm just saying there's a clear bias in speculation.

7NATOR

Smash Master
On the E3 topic, we haven't had an E3 like this one before, where we're facing the end of DLC: both the end as a whole and the end of a pass. It's hard to say if the pattern of big reveals will continue, since the context is so different.
We're also facing two separate precedents that directly oppose each other (late Smash reveals tend to end on lower notes) so it's really anybody's game.

On a completely separate note, I've been thinking about Ayumi lately, mostly because I'm waiting for the game to release. My biggest concern with the possibility of her inclusion in Smash is that, as far as I'm aware, the remake is only getting a physical release in Japan. That doesn't look like a product Nintendo wants to push heavily elsewhere, at least not to the extent of getting a fighter in Smash.
The Precedents could still exist at the same time though

The character reveals could be big enough to be used for E3, but not big enough to surpass Steve and Sephiroth for example. Keep in mind that Bayonetta was the last reveal of Smash 4. Ignoring the ballot since there's evidence the ballot was not why she was chosen, I would still say she was an exciting addition, and really carried the last direct since people really weren't feeling Corrin on average, but she doesn't compare to Cloud, Ryu, and even Mewtwo

I Will say that at least one of the last 2 will be somewhat exciting. 2020 can't just have all the Big character additions. Since Nintendo knew this pass would go into 2021, I Imagine they scheduled it so that there be some type of big character for this year as well.

For Ayumi, even discounting the Remake only getting a physical release in Japan, It's hard to justify Ayumi in DLC as of right now since she's really niche character, from a sort of niche genre, that hasn't established itself yet on Nintendo Switch since the remakes haven't come out yet

If you notice, All the DLC Newcomers, more looking into the 1st party DLC, either come from established games or established franchises. The reason they choose Fire Emblem to be the Promotion character of DLC is because Fire Emblem has already established itself to Nintendo audiences. Falcom detective Club hasn't done that at all yet, and especially since Ayumi isn't really popular of a request, it's hard to justify. that's something I could even give Isaac, even if he falls into the same pitfalls

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I still think Sega, Capcom, and even Konami are still in play as far as repeat companies go.
I personally think the Mii costumes being revealed this pass kind of weaken Konami and Capcom. I know some people are going to say that Capcom could get a character later, but then why did the capcom character not get revealed in place of Pyra and Mythra. The pass was fully decided in November of 2019. If we go with the general assumption that 3 characters are being worked on at any given time, that means that at most, Byleth, Min Min, and Steve were in their varying phases of development. I doubt that Pyra and Mythra were going to be in development since November of 2019. If a Capcom character was coming, why did they not just push them at that point instead? Mii costumes as we know are negotiated much quicker, given the info we got about the process from the Cuphead interviews. Konami is the same due to Bomberman as well. I think us getting Miis is a bad sign for a character from that company. While it is not a complete death knell, I doubt anyone is going to say it is a good sign. Heck, if we go with the negotiation timeline we got from the Cuphead devs, I would say that hurts Ubisoft and Bethesda characters as well.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Yeah, but you wouldn't think that looking at most reactions. Even here there was tons of disappointment until Banjo. I recall people on this site even arguing about DQ's popularity, all cause it isn't very popular in the west. Imagine Master Chief being speculated in Japan where Halo doesn't sell nearly as well as here, I'm not saying neither is big I'm just saying there's a clear bias in speculation.
Honestly, if DQ was discussed in the current environment, I think a lot of people would dismiss it for its lopsided popularity and it would be brushed off like with Touhou, Sakura Wars, and to a lesser extent Famicom Detective Club. Even if it's a juggernaut in its home country, it doesn't have that status overseas, and I think people wouldn't even give it a chance because of that, citing the oft-used Takamaru interview. I wasn't really around for that period of speculation, but if it weren't for the "Brave" codename, I don't think nearly as many people would even think about Dragon Quest, especially for a Western-oriented event like E3.

Technomage

Smash Champion
While I have been bringing up Marco as a possible SNK rep still, I believe "double dipping" refers to the same pass. Hero and Sephiroth isn't double dipping, but Sephiroth and Geno would be.
Oh, I see. Well, what if the next two characters would be from the same company (and not Nintendo)? Assuming that would count as double dipping, what same-company duos would be good reveals? Here are my ideas:

Nightmare and Yuri Lowell as a Namco duo
Arle and Sakura Shinguji as a SEGA duo
Eggman and Tails as a Sonic duo
Morrigan Aensland and Dante as a Capcom duo
Crazy Dave (from Plants vs. Zombie) and Bob Newbie (from The Sims) as an EA duo
Kratos and Ratchet & Clank as a Sony duo
Scorpion and Sub-Zero as a Mortal Kombat duo
Sol Badguy and Ragna the Bloodedge as an ArcSys duo

There's also a duo I came up with for Activision, but... I don't think anymore words are needed to be spoken.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Reactions in the west. Take a look at Japanese reactions, the market where smash is from. Hero's trailer got a ton of positive buzz there. Tons of the reactions you would see for stuff like Banjo in the west. Was your average Smash fan in the United States excited? No, not really. But you are discounting an entire region's reaction there.

Honestly, if DQ was discussed in the current environment, I think a lot of people would dismiss it for its lopsided popularity and it would be brushed off like with Touhou, Sakura Wars, and to a lesser extent Famicom Detective Club. Even if it's a juggernaut in its home country, it doesn't have that status overseas, and I think people wouldn't even give it a chance because of that, citing the oft-used Takamaru interview. I wasn't really around for that period of speculation, but if it weren't for the "Brave" codename, I don't think nearly as many people would even think about Dragon Quest, especially for a Western-oriented event like E3.
I feel like even then, DQ is still in a different situation compared to Touhou and Sakura Wars. DQ still got plenty of releases and ports in the west, even if it was never as big as it was in Japan. It was not exactly mainstream or popular in the same way, but it is nowhere near as Japan centric as Touhou and Sakura Wars are. I can only play Sakura Wars 5 and the new Sakura Wars in English. Touhou is infamous for putting you through hoops to play some of the official games. At the end of the day, while Hero was still a pick obviously preferred in Japan, I think putting it in the same category as the rest of those is a bit of a jump.

Even then though without the Brave leak most Smash fans would have still looked at a certain puppet as a golden cow and say that he had to come. While I was personally saying DQ makes a ton of sense for Square's next rep for a while, a lot of people would have still ignored Hero.
Sometimes nice things do happen.

Today is a good day.

Clumsyzephyr

Smash Journeyman
Reactions in the west. Take a look at Japanese reactions, the market where smash is from. Hero's trailer got a ton of positive buzz there. Tons of the reactions you would see for stuff like Banjo in the west. Was your average Smash fan in the United States excited? No, not really. But you are discounting an entire region's reaction there.

I feel like even then, DQ is still in a different situation compared to Touhou and Sakura Wars. DQ still got plenty of releases and ports in the west, even if it was never as big as it was in Japan. It was not exactly mainstream or popular in the same way, but it is nowhere near as Japan centric as Touhou and Sakura Wars are. I can only play Sakura Wars 5 and the new Sakura Wars in English. Touhou is infamous for putting you through hoops to play some of the official games. At the end of the day, while Hero was still a pick obviously preferred in Japan, I think putting it in the same category as the rest of those is a bit of a jump.

Even then though without the Brave leak most Smash fans would have still looked at a certain puppet as a golden cow and say that he had to come. While I was personally saying DQ makes a ton of sense for Square's next rep for a while, a lot of people would have still ignored Hero.

Today is a good day.
But that was my point, regional biases are a thing and it's why I'm saying that discussions of "big" characters here revolve around massive western icons.

SharkLord

Smash Hero

There's a bit of a gap between them, yeah, but I'd imagine speculation would stay the same. Big in Japan, not so much elsewhere. It's not popular worldwide like Sonic, Street Fighter, Final Fantasy, and the rest of the previous DLC characters, therefore it's not happening. I've been on the 'Boards for a while, and I can safely say it's pretty hard on Japan-centric characters. Western-centric characters too, for that matter, unless your name is Master Chief.

Regarding Touhou and Sakura Wars, I could bring up the non-game stuff that uses the brand's name (i.e. Music, anime, fangames, etc.), but that's another can of worms entirely and I don't think I have the energy to wade through those arguments at the moment, so let's just keep that lid shut for now.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
My word, the Crash discussions have been run into the ground. Not even for saying how likely he is, at this point; Like 80% of it is just people insisting that he isn't iconic (Which just isn't true, even if how big he is has been exaggerated a little), or that he's not unique enough (Which is the single weakest argument in the history of Smash spec) or some crap, arguing against supporters who haven't even said anything yet. And we do this constantly, twice a week, it feels. And whenever we get dragged back into that loop of well-worn debates that go absolutely nowhere, my mood goes from this to this.

Maybe it's because I literally just got up and I'm still booting up all my systems, but at this point I'm just genuinely sick of all the Crash talk. I don't want to hear about how likely he is, I don't want to hear about how unlikely he is, I don't want to hear about him at all anymore, period. Let's move on and talk about someone else for once.
I apologize for my posts about Crash. Really I'm just jealous that characters I want always get a "nope, can never happen because such and such, be grateful that they're in in some form even though Ridley fans weren't" but reasons why Crash might not make in in seem to be verboten. And no, "he's not iconic" is not a reason why because that's just wrong.

Last edited:

cothero

Smash Lord
So... An absence of Spirits is suspicious by the same standards of speculation that you agree don't make much sense?

Quite the convincing case you're making there.
Did i said that or you're making an assumption of what i said on your own words?
The real Master Chief is the friends we made along the way.

Ivander

Smash Legend
My main issue with "proper Virtual Console" is having to pay for the same game 3 times in a row, all because the next one has extra benefits. I don't deny that Nintendo Online really needs to step up their game with more games for the service(and N64/Gameboy/GBA with Online Play would be a dream come true), but the idea of having to pay 3 times for the same game for each new system just for newer benefits, and possibly for the same price, is just.....ugh.

But that's also me as a Canadian due to our frickin' inflated prices.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
My main issue with "proper Virtual Console" is having to pay for the same game 3 times in a row, all because the next one has extra benefits. I don't deny that Nintendo Online really needs to step up their game with more games for the service(and N64/Gameboy/GBA with Online Play would be a dream come true), but the idea of having to pay 3 times for the same game for each new system just for newer benefits, and possibly for the same price, is just.....ugh.

But that's also me as a Canadian due to our frickin' inflated prices.
I was just saying proper replacement for the virtual console in terms of being able to play the majority of Nintendo's library outside of NES/SNES, NSO could easily become this if it expanded to more systems.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I was just saying proper replacement for the virtual console in terms of being able to play the majority of Nintendo's library outside of NES/SNES, NSO could easily become this if it expanded to more systems.
They'll have to change how it works if they get to Gamecube though. When you download NES/SNES Online, you're downloading all the games it has at once, and that's fine because NES/SNES games have small file sizes. Gamecube games on the other hand can be up to 1.4 GB or even more if it's on multiple discs. Maybe that's why they haven't gotten that far yet, because their system isn't built for games with Gamecube filesizes. Still doesn't excuse N64/GB/GBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom