• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
You know what would be a fun 4th party people are forgetting about?

Yu-Gi-Oh

I mean, we already have 3 konami characters so what's stopping a fourth? ;)
I dunno, Yu-gi-oh didn't get a special presentation from Nintendo...

you know what did?

BAKUGAN.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
and also Min Min (probably
Oh no, see, if this happens, I can tell exactly how Min Min and Stopwatch interactions will end up, Min Min will get one arm stuck, Alucard will go in with the intent of giving Min Min the most devestating punish in any Min Min player's life time, and get hit by the second arm

Cyberfire

Smash Journeyman
Personally, the greatest disappointment I personally have is that for as many characters we have, we don't have "home"stages for every character. Leads to some weird stuff with Sheik and Ganondorf being associated with Gerudo Valley or the Fire Emblem cast being associated with a nondescript Castle.
Wish ROB would finally get a stage. Surprised the devs have never designed a stage based on Gyromite - it has similar potential for free-for-all craziness like Balloon Fight and Mario Bros. do.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Oh no, see, if this happens, I can tell exactly how Min Min and Stopwatch interactions will end up, Min Min will get one arm stuck, Alucard will go in with the intent of giving Min Min the most devestating punish in any Min Min player's life time, and get hit by the second arm
Min Min mains when you block an arm:
1617619095389.png

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
This Board is inactive at the moment so I’m just going to ask:
Do you think there will be a Bonus Fighter, and if so, who do you think they are? Also Remaining FP2 Predictions would be nice as well. Mine are Yes, with Chell, Zacian, and Ayumi Tachibana as the Bonus.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Do you think there will be a Bonus Fighter, and if so, who do you think they are? Also Remaining FP2 Predictions would be nice as well. Mine are Yes, with Chell, Zacian, and Ayumi Tachibana as the Bonus.
Who I think the bonus fighter is: Octoling (if they’re not in the pass) or Ayumi Tachibana. Or an Echo of an earlier fighter like Violet for Joker
Who I HOPE the bonus fighter is: Elma 🥺
Who I DON’T think it is: a third party unless they’re Namco; KOS-MOS could be perfect individual DLC cause she’s more low key

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
If there is a bonus fighter i hope it's someone no one sees coming (not someone like say Waluigi or the same 5 characters that are constantly talked about).
The Bonus Fighter: Hey yo what's up guys? It's ya boi Bokoblin; back at it again with the surprising character reveal!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I feel like it could just end up being a bundle of both FP1 and FP2. Call it "Fighters Pass Ultimate".

Would be nice if they also included Piranha Plant and all the Mii Fighter outfits, essentially just making it a giant bundle of all of Ultimate's purchasable DLC.
We ruled that possibility out way back

D

Deleted member

No, I don't think there will be a bonus fighter.

This was a 6 fighter pass as opposed to the previous' 5 fighters pass. The 6th is already a bonus as far as I see it. If there was one though? Probably a Nintendo character we're not considering.

As for the final 2...I've got no guesses. Ryu Hyabusa is out and basically all the icons are already in. At this point, we're down to 2nd and 3rd string characters that people are really stretching to call icons. Master Chief is probably one of the last icons, but they've already got Steve & Banjo from Microsoft, so who knows whether he's actually got a chance or not. Hard to say when some companies like Square end up getting Cloud, Hero, and Sephiroth in.

The last 2 might both be first party characters. Maybe someone from BoTW 2 to hype up both that game and us since Smash would end up acting as a 'First Look' of the character. Then maybe a Pokemon? Hard to say. All the DLC for SwSh is over and all we've got left is Diamond & Pearl remaster + SNAP. So unless its another 4th Gen (we've already got Lucario) or a Poke Photographer, I've got no idea lol.

I've been vague lol. Ok, so last two I'd guess will be First Party characters to hype up upcoming Nintendo games like BoTW 2, Metroid Prime 4, Pokemon, or something else we're not aware of yet.

Also...only 2 people active in the thread? Really? Is it Spring Break for everyone or something?

Last edited by a moderator:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Considering precedent, any character from a new series would probably come with a stage, and some music, especially if it's 3rd party. Personally, I'd say it's more likely that a hypothetical bonus fighter would be from an existing series than a new series without a stage or music.
DIXIE KONG AND IMPA, LET'S GOOOOO!!!

Seriously tho, they do make a lot of sense as a bonus character. Both have installments on the Switch, and are hugely popular in the Smash fanbase, and in the overall Nintendo fanbase. Impa is one of the favorite playable fighters in Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity, Dixie is the most usefull Kong buddy in Tropical Freeze, and both could easily use assets of existent fighters (Diddy for Dixie, Sheik for Impa). There's a Zelda game in the making too, and rumors are spread far and wide about a new DK game made by Nintendo.

I wanna belieeeeeve.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
No, I don't think there will be a bonus fighter.

This was a 6 fighter pass as opposed to the previous' 5 fighters pass. The 6th is already a bonus as far as I see it. If there was one though? Probably a Nintendo character we're not considering.

As for the final 2...I've got no guesses. Ryu Hyabusa is out and basically all the icons are already in. At this point, we're down to 2nd and 3rd string characters that people are really stretching to call icons. Master Chief is probably one of the last icons, but they've already got Steve & Banjo from Microsoft, so who knows whether he's actually got a chance or not. Hard to say when some companies like Square end up getting Cloud, Hero, and Sephiroth in.

The last 2 might both be first party characters. Maybe someone from BoTW 2 to hype up both that game and us since Smash would end up acting as a 'First Look' of the character. Then maybe a Pokemon? Hard to say. All the DLC for SwSh is over and all we've got left is Diamond & Pearl remaster + SNAP. So unless its another 4th Gen (we've already got Lucario) or a Poke Photographer, I've got no idea lol.

I've been vague lol. Ok, so last two I'd guess will be First Party characters to hype up upcoming Nintendo games like BoTW 2, Metroid Prime 4, Pokemon, or something else we're not aware of yet.

Also...only 2 people active in the thread? Really? Is it Spring Break for everyone or something?
Can I use this as an excuse to mention Euden again?

jadetheseer

Smash Cadet
I reaaally don’t think there will be a bonus fighter, but if there is then I think there are four solid options:
  1. Sadly, Waluigi. Okay I’m really not a fan of him as a Smash fighter but he has a lot of demand and would sorta be the perfect choice as the last minute bonus fighter if there is one.
  2. Geno, yeah he already has a costume and seems disconfirmed but many other characters already have one like K. Rool and Falcon so I don’t think that rules him out completely. I’m sorta neutral to him but I really thought he’d be in this game just because of how requested he is and that amount of want combined with being a more obscure character would make him a really good choice. While he’s technically SE...I really don’t think they’d care all that much to be honest but it definitely makes him the least likely out of everyone I’ve talked about.
  3. BotW Zelda, since the new game has been heavily rumored to feature her as a playable character she would really make the most sense as the promotable bonus fighter. She’s a very popular Zelda design and we have three Links so two Zeldas wouldn’t be so weird. I imagine her character as sort of a median between regular Zelda and Sheik with some moves of her own. Not really much else to say here except if she isn’t playable in the second game then she doesn’t have as much of a chance.
  4. Tabuu, yes the final boss from Brawl’s Subspace Emissary. Honestly he actually has the least amount of chance out of everyone I’ve talked about but I think it’d be really cool and would be my preferred choice out of all of the characters. Again, fitting for the last bonus character to be a Smash original and he’s the best if not the only option.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I also don't think we will get a bonus fighter (in fact I'm certain we won't), but if we're talking in hypotheticals, Urbosa might have a shot if they do decide to pick a Champion (that isn't Link).

EDIT: It would be nice to have a playable version of her that wasn't super washed out by the lighting & art style. lol

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I also don't think we will get a bonus fighter (in fact I'm certain we won't), but if we're talking in hypotheticals, Urbosa might have a shot if they do decide to pick a Champion (that isn't Link).

EDIT: It would be nice to have a playable version of her that wasn't super washed out by the lighting & art style. lol
A BotW Champion is also a very underrated, but safe choice. BotW did great, we also got characters from older (or at least, not recent) titles as Xenoblade 2 and ARMS, we've had another game set in the same exact universe with Age of Calamity, and a new game is coming. It's a pretty good bet honestly. Even if I want Impa more, I wouldn't be upset with Urbosa in the slightest.

Lyncario

Smash Ace
I don't think the URL theory is all that likely to be a bonus fighter, though if it is one, I'd say Octoling/Splatoon 3 Inkling.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I get why there's doubts about there being more characters after FP2, but we where discussing a potential FP3 not all too long ago. I kind of have a hard time believing that they'd simply quit after such financial succeses. I mean, yeah, Sakurai is probably oversaturated from all this work on Smash Bros., but is Nintendo feeling the same over the amounts of money coming in? I could easily see them continue down this road for a little while.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
While I'm not extremely confident in it being a fighter, I do think it's a good possibility. If it happens then my money is on Waluigi. I always thought he would be a good choice as a standalone character and he would be a great way to end Ultimate off with. My predictions are Crash and Arle or Ayumi.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I get why there's doubts about there being more characters after FP2, but we where discussing a potential FP3 not all too long ago. I kind of have a hard time believing that they'd simply quit after such financial succeses. I mean, yeah, Sakurai is probably oversaturated from all this work on Smash Bros., but is Nintendo feeling the same over the amounts of money coming in? I could easily see them continue down this road for a little while.
the best selling game on the switch (8 Deluxe) has no sign of either a sequel or DLC. Nintendo doesn't always do the smart thing.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I could see Dragonite being a potential fighter. While we're at it, it could include a third party character from an already represented series like Tails, Chun-Li, Metal Gear's Raiden, Tifa, etc. so they don't look out of place in the game.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Not to mention that we're getting a full-blown Splatoon 3 instead of just continuing to support Splatoon 2.

FP2 could be the best selling DLC for any game ever and it still wouldn't be enough to convince Nintendo to keep Ultimate going.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Not to mention that we're getting a full-blown Splatoon 3 instead of just continuing to support Splatoon 2.

FP2 could be the best selling DLC for any game ever and it still wouldn't be enough to convince Nintendo to keep Ultimate going.
To be fair, Splatoon 2’s Final Fest was almost two years ago and that was to decide the direction Splatoon 3 would take

Ace C.R.O.S.S.

Smash Ace
Probably a First Party Character from an already represented series. Don't know if Assist Trophies can get promoted, but i think this is the perfect opportunity to do so!

Lyncario

Smash Ace
the best selling game on the switch (8 Deluxe) has no sign of either a sequel or DLC. Nintendo doesn't always do the smart thing.
I would say that this one is more like what Harada said about making Tekken 8. Tekken 7 is still doing great, so what's the need of doing a sequel in the near future? In the same vein, MK8D is still doing great, especialy when it comes to holiday bundles, so there's not really a need to make MK9 right now.

7NATOR

Smash Master

So this is part 3 of my "Vergeben List Deconfirm" theory

I just posted it here for consistency sake, Since I know people on here are not really into this theory, (same on Gamefaqs honestly). I will say that to be honest, I'm kind of starting to believe this theory, and I think I Provided evidence that there is merit to it, but I know people wouldn't like the implications of this list if this theory was real

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

I just posted it here for consistency sake, Since I know people on here are not really into this theory, (same on Gamefaqs honestly). I will say that to be honest, I'm kind of starting to believe this theory, and I think I Provided evidence that there is merit to it, but I know people wouldn't like the implications of this list if this theory was real
So why are we talking about Vergeben again, may I ask?

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
If we do get a bonus fighter and they're given away for free, sold at a cheaper price, or added without a stage, then I'm 90% sure it'd be first-party.

Just about any third-party would be more expensive than a first-party. No way they'd add one and NOT make a big deal about it. I have a hard time seeing them treat a third-party like a Piranha Plant character.

7NATOR

Smash Master
So why are we talking about Vergeben again, may I ask?
Well...

After Ryu Hayabusa seemed to have gotten Deconfirmed by these interviews, I went back to this theory (I was supposed to post a Part 3 much sooner, but I'm glad I waited).

I decided to analyze it further, and In my Analysis, and in my personal opinion, there is much more in favor of this list actually applying to FP2 than people might realize. I was kind of on this train before previously, but Recently I'm 100% backing this theory because there is substantial evidence this list matters for FP2 (which you can see in the topic I posted)

I Know Vergeben, Nekoo (user on here who was involved in the situation), and perhaps the source itself I think Intentionally meant for this to only be for CP5, but honestly, there are some inconsistences with the history and aspects of this list if we look at it as only involving CP5, but those inconsistencies go away if you apply it to FP2

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Well...

After Ryu Hayabusa seemed to have gotten Deconfirmed by these interviews, I went back to this theory (I was supposed to post a Part 3 much sooner, but I'm glad I waited).

I decided to analyze it further, and In my Analysis, and in my personal opinion, there is much more in favor of this list actually applying to FP2 than people might realize. I was kind of on this train before previously, but Recently I'm 100% backing this theory because there is substantial evidence this list matters for FP2 (which you can see in the topic I posted)

I Know Vergeben, Nekoo (user on here who was involved in the situation), and perhaps the source itself I think Intentionally meant for this to only be for CP5, but honestly, there are some inconsistences with the history and aspects of this list if we look at it as only involving CP5, but those inconsistencies go away if you apply it to FP2
Of course, if we get one of those “definitely not in” characters next like Crash or Reimu or a Namco character this theory is dead

nevertheless I still believe Hayabusa is deconfirmed either way

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You mean you actually believe the guy who hasn't been wrong yet?
Whose only error thus far has been not knowing who every new character was to a "T"?
One of many leakers who called out the Grinch Leak as fake while everyone else here immediately accepted it as the Gospel of Smash Reveals?
The same one who knew 'something Minecraft related' would be in back when we were still speculating the first couple of DLC after Joker?

You believe that guy of all people? How pathetic.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
If this is true, then there are a number of points to make.

1. Sega will not get a new rep unless it's another Sonic character, as Arle and Sakura are on the list, and Kiryu was deconfirmed earlier.
2. There will be no characters from new companies unless the character is someone who is not brought up a lot in Smash speculation or not at all.
3. It is possible that a third party company double dips and gets 2 fighters in a single pass.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Of course, if we get one of those “definitely not in” characters next like Crash or Reimu or a Namco character this theory is dead
Of course, and on the mention of those characters, I Imagine this is one of the bigger reasons people don't buy into the theory

If true, it would pretty much kill, or has killed of alot of the Speculated characters, not just "Frontrunner characters", but even the darkhorses like Falcom and Reimu (even If I argue Reimu isn't really much of a Darkhorse anymore) get killed here. In particular, Japanese based companies are very impacted here.

Of course, if we're trying to speculate Who will actually get in, than I personally think you should give this a look, because there is evidence here to suggest that this List has creditability in Deciding the FP2 contents.

You mean you actually believe the guy who hasn't been wrong yet?
Whose only error thus far has been not knowing who every new character was to a "T"?
One of many leakers who called out the Grinch Leak as fake while everyone else here immediately accepted it as the Gospel of Smash Reveals?
The same one who knew 'something Minecraft related' would be back when we were still speculating the final base roster?

You believe that guy of all people? How pathetic.
Well the thing is by me subscribing to this theory, I'm kind of am actually not believing in Vergeben in some aspects

He has said that this list was focused only on CP5, at least intentionally.

My argument is that while he intentionally might have been focused on CP5, there is evidence to suggest that info about FP2 got mixed up here, because if this was just for CP5, than there are holes in some of the things that happened surrounding this list.

Papagenos actually did talk about this theory in his video, but he said even if none of the FP2 characters were on the list, it just be coincidental, but honestly it goes even beyond the Fighters themselves. Even the Mii Costumes and Spirits seem impacted by this. at this point, I can't just believe it's coincidental, I do believe there's actual Cred here

D

Deleted member

Of course, and on the mention of those characters, I Imagine this is one of the bigger reasons people don't buy into the theory

If true, it would pretty much kill, or has killed of alot of the Speculated characters, not just "Frontrunner characters", but even the darkhorses like Falcom and Reimu (even If I argue Reimu isn't really much of a Darkhorse anymore) get killed here. In particular, Japanese based companies are very impacted here.

Of course, if we're trying to speculate Who will actually get in, than I personally think you should give this a look, because there is evidence here to suggest that this List has creditability in Deciding the FP2 contents.

Well the thing is by me subscribing to this theory, I'm kind of am actually not believing in Vergeben in some aspects

He has said that this list was focused only on CP5, at least intentionally.

My argument is that while he intentionally might have been focused on CP5, there is evidence to suggest that info about FP2 got mixed up here, because if this was just for CP5, than there are holes in some of the things that happened surrounding this list.

Papagenos actually did talk about this theory in his video, but he said even if none of the FP2 characters were on the list, it just be coincidental, but honestly it goes even beyond the Fighters themselves. Even the Mii Costumes and Spirits seem impacted by this. at this point, I can't just believe it's coincidental, I do believe there's actual Cred here
Fair enough. Its worth keeping an eye on at least. And hey, true to my guess earlier, Master Chief is one of the last icons left in my opinion and isn't on that list, so maybe he's got a better chance than I realized. The "OG List" he posted had 'another Square character' as being deconfirmed, but that list was labeled as 'more inaccurate' (guess he just typed it up to keep track) and it turns out it was indeed wrong since Square got another character in Sephiroth (one for each pass).

Possible explanation: Each 3rd Party in Fighter's Pass 1 (Sega, Square, SNK, and Microsoft) each get another for Pass 2?
So far, Square & Microsoft got their second with Sephiroth & Steve. That would leave just Sega and SNK as the last two to get another rep for this pass.

Of course, this is just a low-correlation, off-the-cuff theory I made just now, so its chances are ridiculous low, but its something to theorize on at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom