• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkLord

Smash Hero

toonito

Smash Ace
Let us have a bit of fun. Make a tier list representing your favorite DLC fighters thus far! Not in terms of competitive viability, simply how much you like the fighters and their inclusions. Mine is seen in the spoiler above.
most to least favorite DLC

S Tier::ult_terry:
A Tier: :ulthero::ultsephiroth::ultjoker:
B Tier:
C Tier:
D Tier::ultbyleth::ultsteve::ultminmin
F Tier::ultbanjokazooie::ultpiranha:

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
本日「きょうの一枚」をはじめてから一周年です!! 毎日更新だから、365枚以上ですね。 ここで、来年の休み明けからは週5回更新にさせていただこうと考えています。

It's been one year since I started "Today's One Piece" today !! It's updated every day, so it's over 365. Here, I am thinking of updating it five times a week from the end of next year's holidays.
Oh yeah, when I first skimmed the direct translation of the tweet I thought for a split second that he was actually talking about the One Piece 1000.

one piece characters as super smash bros... - Feed me to the forest

SKX31

Smash Master
Let us have a bit of fun. Make a tier list representing your favorite DLC fighters thus far! Not in terms of competitive viability, simply how much you like the fighters and their inclusions. Mine is seen in the spoiler above.
Okay, here we go. Most people will focus on how wanted a character was, so I'll focus on how the character works:

S Tier:

:ult_terry: : My favorite DLC character in terms of implementation. His moveset allows a player to easily find his / her own voice. Whether one is content with using him casually and strings like the Jab Jab Power Dunk, or delve deeper and find crazier strings: Riddles has shown how crazy this character can be. His GO moves are also very well-thought out: powerful but a lot of recovery on them, meaning that one can't just throw them out willy nilly. My only issues with him are that A) Sakurai's decision to have the inputs able to be executed by both the A and B buttons - likely a call-back to the arcade days - worsen the mis-input problem, and B) He's can confirm Up Tilt (or Dodge Attack) into Power Geyser at a wide % range, negating my earlier point about the GO moves a bit.

:ulthero: : Best casual character don't @ me.

I kinda kid here, but Hero's explosive as all hell and I love it. Like, if you just wanna have 4 player fun, this character will often lead to hilarious results (as long as those involved are fully ready for that). Yes, this character caused a major uproar within the competitive side, but that kinda died down when people realized that he's not severely broken as many people initially thought. The character, naturally, is subject of the "Hilarious Hero Shenaningas" series. The only very real problem - a major one from a competitive standpoint where Japanese players play in American tournaments and vice versa - is the Language Barrier on the menu. Patching in icons on the Menu spells would go a long way here.

A tier:

:ultsephiroth: : I called him Swordie Pichu perviously. Not entirely accurrate (even if I unintentionally referenced a memetic relationship), but it lends a major aspects of his appeal. He can - and will - annihiliate people whether it's through projectiles or swinging his sword, but will die early himself, which lends to hectic and fun matches whether through the casual or the competitive lens. I do take issue with a couple aspects of his design, even if they're supposed to reflect his boss status. One example being that he can break shields instantly with surprising regularity. Toning down the shield damage a smidge might help.

:ultjoker:: Extremely fun character to use, and can be amazingly flashy in the right hands (or irritating, if one fights vs. a spammer). One particular highlight being that it's easy to find one's voice with the character, whether one stays at a distance often, relies more on CQC or tries to do the best (or worst) MKLeo impersonation. Arsene is a kind of interesting comeback mechanic - especially after they've nerfed Arsene so his meter drains more if Joker's damaged. Casually he can be a bit un-intuitive (since he has a Sheik / Greninja-esque design) and a little overly reliant on Arsene (and his counter especially), but perhaps that's the point.

B tier:

:ultbanjokazooie: (heh) : It's a pretty solid design honestly, since it blends CQC and projectiles pretty well... buuut IMHO Wonderwing's is over-centralized. It's everything B-K want to have; but they only get 5 uses per life, and their only other reliable KO moves are the Smash attacks. Not an issue casually, but competitively they've lacked that sauce that half the cast has. I'll stand by my opinion though they only need Quality of Life fixes to get to A tier from a design perspective, like making their normals slightly faster and thus allowing B-K more consistent strings / KO setups. Trela's made some great work with the characters.

:ultsteve:: Creative freedom! But a steep learning curve whether casually or competitively. Which is a bit of a mixed bag: casually it might hinder interest since one has to multi-task, competitively it might create a weird ebb and flow to the battle. Either way, it is easy to find one's voice with the character, which is a major plus. Also, love jank like Down Smash + TNT and the Anvil Grab. Another issue I have with the character's design is that Minecart's seems a bit overtuned - one can just throw a command grab out with very little committal. Slight changes there with its endlag could help.

C Tier:

:ultminmin : Okay, I agree that ARMS is a worthwhile inclusion, and I presume that balancing her was a main reason why they extended the development time (Sakurai made the right call here). But the ARMS attacks still wound up over-centralized, and they are good enough to create some very repetitive and lopsided matchups (whether she owns or she gets wrecked). That's one reason I'd imagine why the Japanese competitive scene are in an uproar at the moment. Casually, it helps that Min Min players aren't as proficient and items can wreck her, so it might not be much of an issue there. Still, there are positive aspects of her design: I do like that she's designed to be proficient both at long ranges and CQC, as a sort of versatility and finding one's voice. I wouldn't be surprised if she recieves a small but meaningful nerf down the line; they nerfed Joker's Gun so it no longer shoots diagonally down, just straight down - limiting his incredible gimping game a bit. Reducing her ARMS' shield damage or increasing her endlag a tad might help; so her attacks still are potent, but a bit more commital.

:ultbyleth: : If you're gonna design a FE character... well, this is not a bad place to start. They actually use different weapons and have a lot of oomph to them! I have some issues with the design though, where it seems like BIG moves are everywhere. Might be the point - and it does help casually where BIG moves are more often thrown out - but a lot of Byleth play reverts to the "safer" options, which looks repetitive. That's not to say this character can't bring hype -oh they absolutely can, especially off of the right read with either Down Air or even Aymr. Some adjustments to their Smash attacks, to make them slightly less powerful but a tiny bit faster perhaps, might spice them up. They don't lack kill power, they just lack consistency IMHO.

:ultpiranha: : It's a crazy addition in concept, but in execution... yeah I'm not as much of a fan. The specials are meant to be special, and they certainly are: Ptooie is a legit interesting projectile and Poison Cloud's an interesting stage control tool. But the normals are where the Plant sadly does not have a lot of sauce. I don't blame Sakurai, there's not a whole lot one can do with just a pot. Perhaps give the tilts some more KO power, to spice it up a bit. Oh, perhaps give Down B that weird Anti-Footstool mechanic, so it isn't woefully underused. Because it is an interesting mechanic in concept.

Oh yeah, when I first skimmed the direct translation of the tweet I thought for a split second that he was actually talking about the One Piece 1000.
Now I demand a Zelda game where Link does his best Zoro impersonation and wields loads of swords - including the Master Sword in his mouth. I want to see what kind of insanity that would ensue.

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Okay, here we go. Most people will focus on how wanted a character was, so I'll focus on how the character works:

S Tier:

:ult_terry: : My favorite DLC character in terms of implementation. His moveset allows a player to easily find his / her own voice. Whether one is content with using him casually and strings like the Jab Jab Power Dunk, or delve deeper and find crazier strings: Riddles has shown how crazy this character can be. His GO moves are also very well-thought out: powerful but a lot of recovery on them, meaning that one can't just throw them out willy nilly. My only issues with him are that A) Sakurai's decision to have the inputs able to be executed by both the A and B buttons - likely a call-back to the arcade days - worsen the mis-input problem, and B) He's can confirm Up Tilt (or Dodge Attack) into Power Geyser at a wide % range, negating my earlier point about the GO moves a bit.

:ulthero: : Best casual character don't @ me.

I kinda kid here, but Hero's explosive as all hell and I love it. Like, if you just wanna have 4 player fun, this character will often lead to hilarious results (as long as those involved are fully ready for that). Yes, this character caused a major uproar within the competitive side, but that kinda died down when people realized that he's not severely broken as many people initially thought. The character, naturally, is subject of the "Hilarious Hero Shenaningas" series. The only very real problem - a major one from a competitive standpoint where Japanese players play in American tournaments and vice versa - is the Language Barrier on the menu. Patching in icons on the Menu spells would go a long way here.

A tier:

:ultsephiroth: : I called him Swordie Pichu perviously. Not entirely accurrate (even if I unintentionally referenced a memetic relationship), but it lends a major aspects of his appeal. He can - and will - annihiliate people whether it's through projectiles or swinging his sword, but will die early himself, which lends to hectic and fun matches whether through the casual or the competitive lens. I do take issue with a couple aspects of his design, even if they're supposed to reflect his boss status. One example being that he can break shields instantly with surprising regularity. Toning down the shield damage a smidge might help.

:ultjoker:: Extremely fun character to use, and can be amazingly flashy in the right hands (or irritating, if one fights vs. a spammer). One particular highlight being that it's easy to find one's voice with the character, whether one stays at a distance often, relies more on CQC or tries to do the best (or worst) MKLeo impersonation. Arsene is a kind of interesting comeback mechanic - especially after they've nerfed Arsene so his meter drains more if Joker's damaged. Casually he can be a bit un-intuitive (since he has a Sheik / Greninja-esque design) and a little overly reliant on Arsene (and his counter especially), but perhaps that's the point.

B tier:

:ultbanjokazooie: (heh) : It's a pretty solid design honestly, since it blends CQC and projectiles pretty well... buuut IMHO Wonderwing's is over-centralized. It's everything B-K want to have; but they only get 5 uses per life, and their only other reliable KO moves are the Smash attacks. Not an issue casually, but competitively they've lacked that sauce that half the cast has. I'll stand by my opinion though they only need Quality of Life fixes to get to A tier from a design perspective, like making their normals slightly faster and thus allowing B-K more consistent strings / KO setups. Trela's made some great work with the characters.

:ultsteve:: Creative freedom! But a steep learning curve whether casually or competitively. Which is a bit of a mixed bag: casually it might hinder interest since one has to multi-task, competitively it might create a weird ebb and flow to the battle. Either way, it is easy to find one's voice with the character, which is a major plus. Also, love jank like Down Smash + TNT and the Anvil Grab. Another issue I have with the character's design is that Minecart's seems a bit overtuned - one can just throw a command grab out with very little committal. Slight changes there with its endlag could help.

C Tier:

:ultminmin : Okay, I agree that ARMS is a worthwhile inclusion, and I presume that balancing her was a main reason why they extended the development time (Sakurai made the right call here). But the ARMS attacks still wound up over-centralized, and they are good enough to create some very repetitive and lopsided matchups (whether she owns or she gets wrecked). That's one reason I'd imagine why the Japanese competitive scene are in an uproar at the moment. Casually, it helps that Min Min players aren't as proficient and items can wreck her, so it might not be much of an issue there. Still, there are positive aspects of her design: I do like that she's designed to be proficient both at long ranges and CQC, as a sort of versatility and finding one's voice. I wouldn't be surprised if she recieves a small but meaningful nerf down the line; they nerfed Joker's Gun so it no longer shoots diagonally down, just straight down - limiting his incredible gimping game a bit. Reducing her ARMS' shield damage or increasing her endlag a tad might help; so her attacks still are potent, but a bit more commital.

:ultbyleth: : If you're gonna design a FE character... well, this is not a bad place to start. They actually use different weapons and have a lot of oomph to them! I have some issues with the design though, where it seems like BIG moves are everywhere. Might be the point - and it does help casually where BIG moves are more often thrown out - but a lot of Byleth play reverts to the "safer" options, which looks repetitive. That's not to say this character can't bring hype -oh they absolutely can, especially off of the right read with either Down Air or even Aymr. Some adjustments to their Smash attacks, to make them slightly less powerful but a tiny bit faster perhaps, might spice them up. They don't lack kill power, they just lack consistency IMHO.

:ultpiranha: : It's a crazy addition in concept, but in execution... yeah I'm not as much of a fan. The specials are meant to be special, and they certainly are: Ptooie is a legit interesting projectile and Poison Cloud's an interesting stage control tool. But the normals are where the Plant sadly does not have a lot of sauce. I don't blame Sakurai, there's not a whole lot one can do with just a pot. Perhaps give the tilts some more KO power, to spice it up a bit. Oh, perhaps give Down B that weird Anti-Footstool mechanic, so it isn't woefully underused. Because it is an interesting mechanic in concept.

Now I demand a Zelda game where Link does his best Zoro impersonation and wields loads of swords - including the Master Sword in his mouth. I want to see what kind of insanity that would ensue.
Even though I don’t care about terry from a fan perspective he’s my fav dlc gameplay wise, he is way too fun/hype (and difficult ;( ).

Are you okey?

Last edited:

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
S:
:ultbanjokazooie: :ultjoker:
A:
:ultsteve::ultsephiroth::ult_terry:
B:
:ulthero:
C:
:ultminmin:ultbylethf:
D:
:ultpiranha:

I’ve been eating pretty good with the DLC so far. The Nintendo characters have been the low points for me, though I still think :ultminmin:ultbylethf: are decent choices. :ultkrool::ultridley: were the last Nintendo characters I really wanted anyway. However, Impa, Mipha, Urbosa, Revali, Daruk or surprise Waluigi would be cool Nintendo choices.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

cashregister9

Smash Hero
So I saw this interesting "Leak" on 4Chan

/v/ - Fighters Pass 2 Leak: Challenger Packs 9, 10, and 11 - Video Games - 4chan (4channel.org)

Even though there is no credibility to it, I can't stop and think that perhaps there is some sense into this, not the leak itself but perhaps the choices in the leak. How would you feel if this was the roster?
This is a leak I want to believe but it does not have much going for it

All 3 of these character I would like and Frisk is still slept on but this particular leak is fake.

EDIT: The More I think about Shadow the more confusing of a pick he would be

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
Didn't Toby Fox once state that Frisk wouldn't work considering they are a pacifist character which is why Sans was added as a costume? Also i don't buy how Shadow gets upgraded but not Waluigi.

And i really REALLY doubt Nintendo would choose Shadow over Eggman but weirder has happened

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

/v/ - Fighters Pass 2 Leak: Challenger Packs 9, 10, and 11 - Video Games - 4chan (4channel.org)

Even though there is no credibility to it, I can't stop and think that perhaps there is some sense into this, not the leak itself but perhaps the choices in the leak. How would you feel if this was the roster?
Shadow would be neat.

Not a fan of Frisk, due to the whole point of him being "non-violent"(whereas Chara represent the violent side), but Sakurai has ignored canon multiple times, so. Well, Undertale's core message is "don't attack, but understand", but yeah. I'd say that went out the window by making Sans a costume anyway. Definitely has potential for a cool moveset, though~

Sol Badguy I'm neutral on, as I don't know much about the series.

So "just okay", imo.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Didn't Toby Fox once state that Frisk wouldn't work considering they are a pacifist character which is why Sans was added as a costume? Also i don't buy how Shadow gets upgraded but not Waluigi.

And i really REALLY doubt Nintendo would choose Shadow over Eggman but weirder has happened
I think the point was more "discuss the characters" than "believe this leak's plausibility".

...I actually want to see that citing. I remember reading Toby Fox mention the pacifist factor, but I never could find it. So I felt like it's just a headcanon I misremembered. I get it's the core message behind the game, but that doesn't mean he'd automatically be adverse to a crossover ignoring canon.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
S Tier: -
A Tier: :ultbanjokazooie:
B Tier: -
C Tier: :ulthero3:
(would be B tier if not for menu special move), :ultminmin, :ultsteve:, :ultjoker:(would be D tier if not for cool stage, etc.)
D Tier: :ult_terry:(I don't hate Terry, and I knew who he was before speculation, but he's relatively boring), :ultsephiroth:, :ultbyleth:(would be S tier if their moveset were focused on the whip sword 😢)
F Tier: :ultpiranha:

7NATOR

Smash Master

I'm working on the "Case for Shadow Document" and I will explain the Merits for Shadow to get in over Eggman and Waluigi

I wonder why you'd be interested in it...
It's more to it than that

Unironically, it would fit some of the theorycraft I was thinking of, like how Frisk is a character that originated in the 2010's, and perhaps Why Sephiroth did not come with a Sword based Tournament since Sol is in this leak.

I do get interested when I see a Leak with Shadow as a character, even if fake, but I don't pay much attention to it. this one piqued my Interest a bunch because I could see as a Plausible outcome.

I mentioned how I'd be more open minded about Sol because River City was the franchise that got Spirited, not Guilty Gear, but something I also did not realize was that atlus actually had a spirit in the game before Joker was playable, as one of the Characters from that Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensi Crossover was a Spirit, so I think I'm really open minded

and with Frisk, It could explain that theory that the 6th character was some type of Bonus. Sans Costume came out in September and Byleth's Presentation was flimed in November, and it's possible that maybe because Sans sold so well and Toby was very easy to talk too, might be the reason we have 6 Characters instead of 5, but that is heavy Theory crafting. The Undertale Spirits being missing could go along with this

However I am talking like I just accepted these are the charcters, but I don't want to sound like that. I'll keep it in mind these choices, and this leak did help me look into Sol and Frisk with more seriousness than I usually would, but I'm not going to go ahead and predict these characters automatically, except Shadow

this is bs... but frisk though
View attachment 297287
Does this imply Frisk is Good or Bad, or Shocking? I'm confused on what emotion this is displaying

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I'm working on the "Case for Shadow Document" and I will explain the Merits for Shadow to get in over Eggman and Waluigi

It's more to it than that

Unironically, it would fit some of the theorycraft I was thinking of, like how Frisk is a character that originated in the 2010's, and perhaps Why Sephiroth did not come with a Sword based Tournament since Sol is in this leak.

I do get interested when I see a Leak with Shadow as a character, even if fake, but I don't pay much attention to it. this one piqued my Interest a bunch because I could see as a Plausible outcome.

I mentioned how I'd be more open minded about Sol because River City was the franchise that got Spirited, not Guilty Gear, but something I also did not realize was that atlus actually had a spirit in the game before Joker was playable, as one of the Characters from that Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensi Crossover was a Spirit, so I think I'm really open minded

and with Frisk, It could explain that theory that the 6th character was some type of Bonus. Sans Costume came out in September and Byleth's Presentation was flimed in November, and it's possible that maybe because Sans sold so well and Toby was very easy to talk too, might be the reason we have 6 Characters instead of 5, but that is heavy Theory crafting. The Undertale Spirits being missing could go along with this

However I am talking like I just accepted these are the charcters, but I don't want to sound like that. I'll keep it in mind these choices, and this leak did help me look into Sol and Frisk with more seriousness than I usually would, but I'm not going to go ahead and predict these characters automatically, except Shadow

Does this imply Frisk is Good or Bad, or Shocking? I'm confused on what emotion this is displaying
frisk is in my top 5 i'd be hype

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
As for Tier lists of DLC;

S-Tier: Steve(the only one I actually asked for outright) and Sephiroth(One of my favorite characters of all time)
A-Tier: Terry(easily one of my favorites)
B-Tier: Piranha Plant and Hero(I didn't ask for them, but I love the hell out of them being in here)
C-Tier: Byleth and Joker(Cool characters, wasn't asking for them either way)
D-Tier: Banjo & Kazooie(No issue with them, but I much more wanted Fulgore for a Rareware character, so)
F-Tier: Min Min(Frankly wasn't interested in her at all. The ones I wanted was Dr. Coyle or Spring Man, so. I also find her moveset impossible to work with, which is what cements her in this spot).

None of these are bad choices, mind you, of course.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

Don't care too much for Sol Badguy and Shadow, but Frisk would be absolutely hype. If anyone can make the Pacifist/Genocide mechanic work in a moveset, it's Sakurai. I'm thinking something like Pacfist is focused on dodging and knockback, whereas Genocide is focused on damage and tanking. Just working with Pacifist, however, could be really interesting.

Unfortunately like all 4chan leaks, this is assuredly fake, but it's nice to dream sometimes...
Imagine getting so bored you decide to talk about Blocked Content tier leaks
Welcome to Smash Speculation. This is par for the course here.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Could you stop giving fake leaks the time of day just because they have Shadow in them? You do this every time I see you post a leak.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

Sol is fine but I don't really care about Undertale getting a fighter, and Shadow is one of my least favorite characters in the Sonic series so no thanks.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I also don't know how Shadow would get in over Dr. Eggman, except as an Echo Fighter.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

afaik only fans made up that pacifist thing, Smash is more like a sport/friendly competition (outside of the story modes except for Mario vs. Kirby) anyway and Frisk isn’t even exclusively pacifist (although I guess Pacifist is the canon route despite Toby saying the Undertale characters are however you left them when talking about Deltarune and explaining how it’s a different world). I definitely heard nothing about Toby mentioning this after Sans’s inclusion (and he said nothing like that on Twitter when talking about Sans in Smash or Smash at all), and not before then either, just people arguing against Sans as a fighter with reasons that really wouldn’t keep him from being playable (they were about him being lazy/only fighting when you’ve killed just about everyone).

Last edited:

TerminatorLOL

Smash Journeyman
FighterZ's roster is great. I don't know what that guy is on. I hope we get season 4 so we can get Omega Shenron in there. And maybe Uub too. Oh, and Arale!
A season 4 would more likey includ a Super Saiyan God Goku, Xeno Goku, Super Saiyan 3 Goku, Majin Vegeta, and Xeno SSJ4 Vegito

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
People who still include an Undertale character in their leaks perplex me, as if we hadn't already gotten a deluxe costume with music from that series.

If we were going to get a character, even if the costume wasn't saved for then (which it would be), the music certainly would.

That leak strikes me as created by someone who just wants those characters.

But well played because oh look at this we're talking about Shadow again.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Oh and before you guys assume, I did not make the Leak. I just saw it posted on Gamefaqs first, before seeing it on 4Chan.

And I swear this wasn't just an excuse to talk about Shadow, I just thought the lineup would be interesting to talk about. Not everything I do has to do with Shadow after all

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
People who still include an Undertale character in their leaks perplex me, as if we hadn't already gotten a deluxe costume with music from that series.

If we were going to get a character, even if the costume wasn't saved for then (which it would be), the music certainly would.

That leak strikes me as created by someone who just wants those characters.

But well played because oh look at this we're talking about Shadow again.
I think it's possible if they added the costume, it preformed beyond expectations, and they went back and did a full Undertale pass.

Sans was the center of discussion for almost a month, and that was with Banjo's release, Terry's reveal, and the confirmation of more DLC.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Oh and before you guys assume, I did not make the Leak. I just saw it posted on Gamefaqs first, before seeing it on 4Chan.
I don't think you made it, so apologies if the post came off that way.

But some quality control might be in order, regardless.

And I swear this wasn't just an excuse to talk about Shadow, I just thought the lineup would be interesting to talk about. Not everything I do has to do with Shadow after all
Yeah but this does

I think it's possible if they added the costume, it preformed beyond expectations, and they went back and did a full Undertale pass.

Sans was the center of discussion for almost a month, and that was with Banjo's release, Terry's reveal, and the confirmation of more DLC.
I think something being possible is not good enough reason to buy in.

By the time the costume released the characters were almost certainly decided, and we were already in the stretch of constant spirit events that likely came after having finalized the pass. It was like three months after filming the announcement of more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom