• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK Frame Data *Throws Added*

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
Ah, that's the recovery lag thing (don't know the exact name >.<). It happens if you grab the ledge with their upBs.

A few characters have this.

Luigi, Mario, Falcon, Ganondorf, Squirtle, Charizard, Marth, ... (not sure if those are all) there is a list of them in the tactical discussion forum.

Don't know if this is for all of them, but if Mario get's hit out of his upB and lands he will also have those few frames of landing lag... but you can "cancel" this by landing with an aerial (this is what those characters should do because it's safer).
Its not always limited to recovery though. Kirby's hammer and stone give it to him every time he uses them, and Falco gets it from illusion if he doesn't hit the ground from an aerial version.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Its not always limited to recovery though. Kirby's hammer and stone give it to him every time he uses them, and Falco gets it from illusion if he doesn't hit the ground from an aerial version.
That's something different though.

I'm talking about the recovery carryover lag (I remembered the name ^^).

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
It's called the triple jump glitch and what thrilla was talking about is the same thing.

Luigi player

Smash Master
It's called the triple jump glitch and what thrilla was talking about is the same thing.
Well, there are more names for it then. ^^

Good to know this. Falco also gets it if he illusions on the ground.

At least DK has the range to actually punish this with his attacks (because everyone just uses an aerial to protect them).

minford10

Smash Cadet
In the OP it says:

"Uair ...6-9/37...(Has 22 frames of landing lag and auto cancels after landing on frames 1-5 and 26-37. Hits on frame 6 behind and above DK. Catches items on frames 1-5)

Bair ...7-16/31...(Has 15 frames of landing lag and only auto cancels after landing on frames 1-6. Does a weak hit on frames 9-16. Catches items on frames 1-5)"

Isn't that saying the Uair comes out 1 frame quicker than the Bair? If that is correct then shouldn't I use the Uair to momentum cancel (or whatever it is that I do when I get hit away from the stage). I thought I read that you use your quickest aerial as so why wouldn't that be the Uair?

Am I missing something?

daisho

Smash Lord
U air ends on frame 37 bair on frame 31... gives you 6 more to up b break. But if they back throw you or something it sometimes gets confusing so u air isn't useless.

Also... D air is best for vertical launches.

Ya **** ninjas...

minford10

Smash Cadet
And when I'm doing that, I've been pointing the control stick towards the stage and flicking the c-stick away from the stage. Is that the best way to do it or is just whatever is comfortable?

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
You can SA through some infinite jabs before they start OoS but most of the time I'd rather grab since it is faster. Grabs come out faster and some moves hit too rapidly to SA through them since it ends a little before the hitbox comes out.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Ripple SA'd link's usmash in his combo video and I've done it to fox's up tilt after a drill before. Are there any other situations like that where it works.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
I'm sure there are some more like that. You probably could have grabbed the fox and Ripple probably could have grabbed link. I think this would work on Snake's Ftilt and Marth's DB fourth hit (maybe not the multihit) though. I'll look into it some more.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
you can SA punch a toon link out of his F-smash. that's always fun.

we should make a list

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
WTF! WOW! Ill have to keep this in mind.

This will help me with the TL matchup soooooooo much now.

Luigi player

Smash Master
You can punch toon link after his first hit from fsmash if you shield it and you'll have SA if he does the 2nd hit?

Can you maybe also just punch him after his second hit (if you shield the 2nd one too)? It has much endling lag...

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
Can any1 confirm that cargo release>tipper jab>dsmash is guaranteed on ness and lucas? I heard that tipper jab>dsmash is guaranteed at high percents, so it seems only reasonable to me.

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
No experience with fighting ness/lucas from me, but from what I understand you can cargo release -> dsmash them without the jab. Although I remember reading somewhere that the tipper jab->dsmash works.

Once again, I haven't a clue from personal experience =)

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Can any1 confirm that cargo release>tipper jab>dsmash is guaranteed on ness and lucas? I heard that tipper jab>dsmash is guaranteed at high percents, so it seems only reasonable to me.
It works but you might as well grab release Dsmash. Less likely to mess up but not as impressive if that's what you're going for.

Top Bottom