• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DJ Mirror & Azn Lep Presents: Arcadian II *Date Set: Oct. 2nd*

San Diego Reaper

Smash Journeyman
kira said:
Not all of us are elitists and blindly saying "step it up" to everything. If they're only coming because they think they have a shot, the community is not going to grow at all after this tournament. It will be exactly the same as the last one, where 100 people show up and then none of them ever show again.
But I was under the impression that this tourny was for the 100 people that show up and then never show up again. That's why its the arcadian tourny, not a regular tourny.

kira said:
Why not allow some of the few people who ACTUALLY like playing this game and are a part of the community and are the only reason why it hasn't completely burned out yet enter a cool tournament? Is that not fair?
I, personally, am greatful to all the regulars and ranked players to who held tournaments constantly and kept the melee community alive. There's no question. But that is what every single other tournament is all about. Just once a year, I think the ranked players should say to themselves, this one is not about me or winning, its about the noobies. (the 100 plus people who come and never come back). Or is that not the intention of the tournament?

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
i dont really think noobs should place in the money without earning it.

like, noobs arent some charity. 'ranked players shouldnt enter, think of the poor noobs who need tourney experience just as much!'

idk. i think its great and cool that the theme of the event is 'a melee tourney for the common man' but everyone who got good had to earn it. ideally, people show up, do better than 0-2, and say this is a lot of fun i should play more

not

oh sick another arcadian tournament, ill go **** some noobs, make bank, and **** off till the next time i can profit off of worse players

but i dont really care and my **** is huge

DJMirror

Smash Master
btw

i think Westballz and down should still be allowed to use any character without restrictions for this arcadian if they choose to go
That's what I was thinking since the 16th to 20th are beatable.

No offense to you guys.

i dont really think noobs should place in the money without earning it.

like, noobs arent some charity. 'ranked players shouldnt enter, think of the poor noobs who need tourney experience just as much!'

idk. i think its great and cool that the theme of the event is 'a melee tourney for the common man' but everyone who got good had to earn it. ideally, people show up, do better than 0-2, and say this is a lot of fun i should play more

not

oh sick another arcadian tournament, ill go **** some noobs, make bank, and **** off till the next time i can profit off of worse players

but i dont really care and my **** is huge
Mother****ing truth right there.

except about your **** I don't know if it's huge. No homo.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
I'm with Jkun on this one.

Limitations will NOT apply to newly ranked players, regardless of position on the new rankings.

Kendrick, the tournament isn't for the 100s of people that never come to any other tournament and plan to disappear after this tournament because... that would be really silly. This tournament exists for the community, specifically for the players that want to prove something and all the players who're interested in becoming a part of the community, but need a nonthreatening way into the door. Why would we host a tournament for people that have no interest in ever coming back? That's not to say new players aren't welcome. Of course we're more than welcoming of new players, but we're looking to foster the community and encourage players to come to more tournaments and/or play with people who are involved in the community. In addition by nerfing ranked players, it gives all the up and coming players a more level playing field to prove that they're a step above the rest of the crowd.

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
i opened pandora's box lol. told u there was talk about this! and now people are talking. this tourney isnt about noobs to show up and never show up again. pat and jason are right. it's about who's legit outside of the rankings (potential ranked players). i'm simply curious to see the outcome of who wins this tourney. tournament will be super fun regardless :)

Thundercloud

Smash Journeyman
So my laptop is ****ed up and I dont have access to it so if someone need to contact me about rides, rules and such. Please text me:

408 507 2931

-DJ Mirror

San Diego Reaper

Smash Journeyman
I'm with Jkun on this one.

Limitations will NOT apply to newly ranked players, regardless of position on the new rankings.

Kendrick, the tournament isn't for the 100s of people that never come to any other tournament and plan to disappear after this tournament because... that would be really silly. This tournament exists for the community, specifically for the players that want to prove something and all the players who're interested in becoming a part of the community, but need a nonthreatening way into the door. Why would we host a tournament for people that have no interest in ever coming back? That's not to say new players aren't welcome. Of course we're more than welcoming of new players, but we're looking to foster the community and encourage players to come to more tournaments and/or play with people who are involved in the community. In addition by nerfing ranked players, it gives all the up and coming players a more level playing field to prove that they're a step above the rest of the crowd.
Pat, I'm glad you clarified things the way you did. I think the only difference in opinion between you and I, is the target audience. It is your tourny, and you have always hosted amazing ones either way, so I'm glad to participate under any ruleset you have because I know it will be legit. Although, I personally feel that the winner should and must be an arcadian.

Kira-

Smash Champion
This tournament exists for the community
Exactly. Pat and Jason have made the tourney the most fair they could have possibly made it, including the most recent rule.

P won the last one, and it didn't make the tourney any worse. Also there were a lot of upsets.. and we'll definitely see some awesome upsets at this tournament.

Imo it's gonna be sick. Can't wait to see everyone there

LooksLikePit

Smash Ace
dammit I reeaalllyyy want to go

is anyone taking the 15 freeway to get to the tourney? I also might be able to get a ride to you then to the tourney if you're kind of close to me.

hugQ Cortex

Master
Hey peligro, this is "cortez"...do you have an extra seat in your car? Cuz i'd be willing to drive to you and then just go with you guys or whatever works best...get at me on aim - whydonthugofirst

!Peligro!

Smash Journeyman
Should be alright, I have 2 spots right now. Trying to see if any UCLA peeps will host a Smashfest on Friday and then drive out Saturday morning. Manatee (Martin) will be coming from the 626 and riding with me.

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
as u posted "hate to tell you..." i seriously thought u were gonna say this was canceled again lol

baka4moé

Smash Champion
Hi, I'm a noob looking to go to this tourney to improve my game and meet the community. I don't know if this was implied or I didn't see it, but what time is registration? Is it just anytime before 1? Oh, and is there an earliest time to show up? Just wondering, thanks!

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
usually ucsd peeps open up the lodge around like..10 but nobody really goes around that time.my guess is people are gonna come around maybe 11:30ish to warm up/register and from there the rest of the info should be on the first post

DJMirror

Smash Master
So, tomorrow is the day... I don't wanna remind people, but I'll start saying it (even tho it's kinda late).

Please, please, please bring set ups! The more set ups we have, the faster the tournament is going to be.

You'll have more time to play friendlies!

so i am blind and possibly stupid

thanks pat
No, good sir, it's not your fault. It's my fault for making a mess of the first post because there's so much information to acquire.

JDM

Smash Champion
I'll help you run the tournament Jason.

I'll bring your stick if you let me borrow your DS tomorrow.

COMBOFEST VS JACK OF BLADES REMATCH!!!!!!

DJMirror

Smash Master

I do declare that that is ****, and sure, I'll let you borrow my DS.

Ahhh, Paul sucks against sheik though, and Jack play sheik =[

Get 'em Paul! You too Derek! (Is that correct?).

(Yes, yes it is.)

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
If I am able to find a controller to use and don't go to universal studios tomorrow night, I might drive down

ComboFest

Smash Lord

****'s going down. I hate shiek though. (Johns.)

And Jason are you picking me up at my house?

Rickety

Peace and Love
MacD!

TheBOSS!

Maple!

Goodness gracious, how can I not go? <3

Does somebody want to give me last minute training? Please, please, pretty please?
<3 <3

Top Bottom