• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
imo: if dixie doesn't show up in any way (assist, diddys final smash, stage-element, ..) she's planned as dlc and probably just didn't have enough time/importance to make the base game.

there is NO way she wouldn't get anything at all (trophy or something doesn't count).

vergeben and others talking about the grinch leak being fake gives me more hope again for her to get into the base game. we'll see!
Honestly, I hope she's DLC because they would have more time to work on her and make her a unique fighter instead of a Echo Fighter. If she's in base, there is a higher chance she will be a Echo Fighter which, would kind of suck. As long as she isn't confirmed as an Assist Trophy or part of Diddy's Final Smash, we are in the clear for base or DLC.

Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
If the Grinch leak is true and I really think it is, Dixie is an harsh spot.
Sakurai tried to bring her into Brawl, scrapped the idea.
Tried to bring her into Ultimate, scrapped the idea.
I think he just have a problem seeing her in the game, the same way he had a problem seeing Ridley before.
Maybe something about implementing Dixie is too hard, they can't find the perfect moveset, I don't know.

Now, why should they make her as a DLC, if she was already considered and trashed ?
We must show our support for this character. It's like...DLC is a different world, you need to bring money somehow to be considered.
I would pay for Dixie as I know you would, but we need to make this very clear.
Nintendo characters (like Dixie and Bandana Dee) probably aren't their focus with DLC.
I would bet they prefer third-parties like Sora, Rayman, Crash. But let's make it happen.
This is Smash Ultimate, it won't be that Ultimate without her.
I think if she isn't in it's less that they don't know how to implement her, and moreso that other characters took higher priority instead which is pretty sad

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Speaking of Klaptrap, it's tonight's blog post:

10/31/2018

Today's Item
Klaptrap Assist Trophy
Moving back and forth on the stage, Klaptrap jumps at the nearest fighter and repeatedly bites down. It may be small, but attacks from its strong jaws are dangerous!

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Klaptrap is eating a FE character to make room for Dixie.

Yes! Taking the fight from the inside.

I'm just kidding. Relax.

SuperJumpmon64

Smash Cadet

10/31/2018

Today's Item
Klaptrap Assist Trophy
Moving back and forth on the stage, Klaptrap jumps at the nearest fighter and repeatedly bites down. It may be small, but attacks from its strong jaws are dangerous!

HOLY!!!! Klaptrap looks pretty scary right there! He looks like he's gonna eat Roy whole with that face!

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
Here's to hopefully seeing Dixie tomorrow. If not, we can always keep our spirits high for DLC.

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
Hoping for the best tomorrow. I'm about to head to to bed. The faster I go to sleep the faster I can time skip to tomorrow and watch the direct. If Dixie is in I'm ready to celebrate if not I'm equally ready to get this campaign rolling and fight to have our voices heard! Later lovely peoples <3

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Guess it's time to see who was right and who was wrong in the dusk of all this madness that's been flying down Rumour Lane.

I'm still hopeful that we could very well see Dixie tomorrow! As for me; time to head to bed and see what's in store for the morning - 40 flipping minutes of content!

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
We have a new batch of Support Buddies! Please welcome:
WaddleMatt WaddleMatt
UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin
Inkling Man Inkling Man
Ben Holt Ben Holt
Gekkouga Gekkouga

Also, SeashoreWar SeashoreWar 's fanart has finally been added. Thanks again for sharing!

I'm very, VERY excited for tomorrow; I've updated the OP and title in regards to the info dump we're getting, but I wanna stress that we all hype responsibly. Don't let our expectations bring us to levels that Sakurai and co. can't realistically reach, but don't let pessimism bring us down. Let's find and maintain the right balance. My job doesn't start til 20 mins after the Direct, so I'm in a good spot where I can watch it then head straight to work, so I'll be glued to the screen until it's done. In the meantime, good luck my fellow Support Buddies. You have all really kept this thread going even during dark times, and I'm honestly happy to have had so many good times with you all. I'll be back tomorrow. See y'all soon!

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
I'm waking up early to watch this, I don't have to drive to college until 2 hours later (and I only have one class tomorrow, during which I'll be too busy thinking about the Direct to pay attention lol) so I'm very lucky.

I'm hoping for the best, but as VeemonTamer VeemonTamer said we'll be ready to organize if she's not in the base game! Hoping it won't have to come to that, of course~

#NominateThePrimate
Whoa this one's GOOD

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord

10/31/2018

Today's Item
Klaptrap Assist Trophy

A DK blog post?! The conspiracies for tomorrow’s direct are going to explode now!

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Good luck to all of us. And to all of you for any other characters you might want.

#SheKilledWrinklyIKnowSheDid

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Hey everyone! Stopping by from the Shantae thread to show my support for our favorite simian sister! Dixie was my vote back when the Ballot was happening and even tho i want Shantae in the game just a little more, I do think Dixie deserves to be in more than anyone.

She really is the last of the Nintendo big shots who still somehow isn't in Smash. Here is hoping tomorrow fixes that.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Can anyone here by chance throw me the link where I can watch the Direct after it’s showcased? Cause I’ll be at work man hour later than the Direct ends, and I don’t wanna be spoiled of course. If so, I promise to let DK give you a part of the Banana Hoard :D

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
I wish the best of luck for Dixie and all the wonderful supporters here and elsewhere for today, I've really enjoyed spending time in this thread.

Thank you all for the positivity and hope, I like to share my positive vibes before the final direct. May the best of luck be with you all.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Well, I must admit, Dixie would be really cool. I'm hoping for you guys! ;)

You can add me to a support list too, if you have one. :)
Hey everyone! Stopping by from the Shantae thread to show my support for our favorite simian sister! Dixie was my vote back when the Ballot was happening and even tho i want Shantae in the game just a little more, I do think Dixie deserves to be in more than anyone.

She really is the last of the Nintendo big shots who still somehow isn't in Smash. Here is hoping tomorrow fixes that.
Hi, bud. :D

I came here, mostly because of you, so thanks for that. I actually felt, slightly left out, knowing that you were here...

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Well, I must admit, Dixie would be really cool. I'm hoping for you guys! ;)

You can add me to a support list too, if you have one. :)

Hi, bud. :D

I came here, mostly because of you, so thanks for that. I actually felt, slightly left out, knowing that you were here...
Thanks Dyl. It's sweet of you to support characters that are important to your friends.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

10/31/2018

Today's Item
Klaptrap Assist Trophy

Noo! My boy... :(

I really pray this update is a lil' hint of sorts...

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
It feels good when both Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong liked your post back to back.

Whatever happens, I want you guys to know that this was easily my most favorite support thread, and community altogheter! I am still 100% hoping for Dixie to make it tomorrow, or in a little more than half a day's time (wherever you come from). It's been a long and draining road, but I think we're gonna make it. There's little reason for Dixie not to be included, given they can easily borrow a lot of mechanics from excistant characters and make a very unique character out of it.
My personal hope months ago (when Sakurai said Ultimate would only have a few newcomers) was that Dixie Kong would be Ultimate's Wolf (a last minute newcomer that was made by using assets from other fighters, namely DK and Diddy Kong). I am no longer optimistic on that happening, but I would be thrilled if that was the case. I really wish Dixie Kong had been retooled as a separate fighter for Brawl.

There is only about three hours left. Today the dreams of some will be realized, and for others they will be broken. It is interesting to think we have learned the entire base roster only seven months after the game's initial announcement, and only four months after its formal unveil.

It is going to be very interesting to see what gets shown later today.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Still hoping for Dixie. I have said multiple times and I will say it again: A Smash Ultimate without playable Dixie is not really ultimate.

conTAgi0n

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1668 7817 3192
Here from the Shantae thread to wish you guys luck today. Dixie is such an obvious choice for Smash that I'm kind of surprised she's not in already. Hard to imagine her not being a top contender for DLC if it comes to that.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Hey Dix!
I know that you wanna
Use your big 'nana-
shaped hair in SmashBros.
Hey Dix!
You got a tonn'a
support on account'a
we wanna, we wanna
play Dix in SmashBros.

Circular reasoning is OK in song/poem form.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
10 more minutes or so! Could get home earlier from work, all hyped up now!! Am so ready for this, unless they give me **** I don’t care for of course... Even IF she’d be a Echo, am fine with it at this given point.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
10 more minutes or so! Could get home earlier from work, all hyped up now!! Am so ready for this, unless they give me **** I don’t care for of course... Even IF she’d be a Echo, am fine with it at this given point.
You told Sakurai to cut me, didn't you?!!!!! So I wouldn't find out you've been cheating with Chunky Kong!!!!!!!!

Ghostwolf35

Smash Cadet
Let's just hope that our favorite feminine simian is either announced today or not dekongfirmed.

Last edited:

Marcello691

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 0035 6389 6608
I think the banjo leak is real, there is another rumor saying that n64 classic mini is revealed today with rare games included...

Top Bottom