• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
A lot went down here while I had my sleep, huh...

My problem with this assumption is that if this were the case for Dixie's final role, she would have already been shown be part of Diddy's Final Smash months ago - most likely shown in E3's Smash Ultimate Direct Showcase. That's where all the Final Smashes that feature new cameos from characters' teammates (:ultness::ultlucas::ultshulk::ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf:), had managed to be shown fully prior.

I'd find it rather cruel and strangely unprofessional of Sakurai if all he decided to do was to pointlessly hold off showing Diddy's Final Smash due having Dixie in it up to this point of time - since Dixie being in it just deconfirms her outright anyway, so there'd be nothing to hide about.
This was done with Ridley during Smash 4. Instead of de-confirming Ridley as a boss as soon as the Pyrosphere was shown off back in August 2013, Ridley was not shown as a boss (he was hinted as a boss in April 2014, but a lot of people still refused to believe) until November 2014.

We will know within two days whether Dixie Kong is going to be part of Diddy Kong's Final Smash. If she is does not get a major non-playable role, that means that she is at least a prospect for DLC.

I've been completely off of the game speculation for a month now. Not that hyped to be honest. The game looks awesome, don't get me wrong, and the developers deserve their credit.

Now if the leak is true and Dixie is not in the base game, I may not be buying a Switch just to play this game. Perhaps if Dixie is announced as DLC, but in general I feel I should move on from gaming.
I feel very similar to you. I picked up a Switch a month ago due to the E3 2018 Smash Bros. Ultimate Direct selling me on the console (Everyone is Here + Ridley). I do feel similar to you in regards to "moving on from gaming". I have been playing games less and less as this decade progressed. The only contemporary console I had for most of this decade was the Nintendo 3DS, and I skipped out on the Wii U entirely. The last gen consoles I own by comparison were the Wii, DS, and PSP.

However, for most of this decade, I found myself only looking forward to one or two contemporary titles a year (especially after 2011). Hopefully, even if Dixie Kong is de-confirmed in the upcoming direct, that the upcoming Direct will sell you on the console.

Often kind of surprises me when I hear Smash fans don't actually play the actual Nintendo franchises themselves.
There are a ton of bandwagoners out there. They just want to be part of clique and a "winning team". I never got it.
Meowth doesn't talk either in Pokémon Yellow or Pokémon Let's Go, something that directly contradicts the anime even though the games were based on the anime.

I feel that way too.

Personally I am running out of Nintendo characters I would get hyped over. Granted, there are still many third-party characters I would get hyped for but Smash is ultimately a Nintendo fighting game so I prioritize Nintendo characters over third-party characters.

Most of the Nintendo characters I ever wanted got in Melee, Brawl, SSB4, or Ultimate. I am still waiting for Toad, Meowth, and Dixie Kong.

I feel like I am in limbo, waiting for these three to finally get in Smash so I can finally move on from gaming.
I feel the same way. Dixie Kong is the last great desire I have left. Aside from that Toad is the only other character that truly feels like he needs to be in Smash Bros.

However, Ultimate is as good an exit from this series as I could hope for. Ridley getting in was a miracle. All the veterans returning a double miracle. Bringing back most of the past stages (thus allowing me to enjoy Ridley on those stages to the games I wish he was in) a triple miracle. Bringing in Castlevania (a series I barely saw any requests for inclusion), a quadruple miracle. The thing about luck is that it eventually runs out, and I think the way its going to run out in regards to my own personal desires for Ultimate is unfortunately Dixie Kong getting hit with the deconfirmation bat on Thursday (she will probably be part of Diddy Kong's new Final Smash).

Even if Dixie Kong were to get in a future installment, I would probably have little interest in that game seeing as they would likely cut many of the characters I personally care about (Roy, Lucas, Jigglypuff, Mr. Game & Watch, possibly both Belmonts), that her getting in would still feel empty.

I know how you feel about wanting to exit gaming, particularly the online gaming community. It has just gotten worse (particularly on the Smash Bros. side of things). I will still game, but not as much as I used to.

I am thankful that Ultimate even happened the way it did. I got nearly everything I hoped for an more. I am hoping Dixie Kong becomes this game's cherry on top for me (whether on the base roster or as DLC).

The Switch has been Nintendo's best console in years for me. Then again, I'm more inclined to play portable games nowadays than console ones.
I am the same. I play much more on portable consoles nowadays. I have like four portables I rotate to play. The only home consoles I still play are my Wii (I have a lot of Wii Virtual Console titles I bought for it recently with the impending Virtual Console shut down), the NES Classic Edition, and SNES Classic Edition.

Last edited:

Kulty

Smash Ace
Hi guys,

Coming from the Rayman and Shadow The Hedgehog support thread, add me as a supporter for Dixie Kong. I know I`m really late into this, but I really hope Dixie Kong is in Smash Ultimate AS AN UNIQUE FIGHTER (even though she seems unlikely to be in base roster at this point sadly :( ). I`m a huge Donkey Kong Country fan, and with my BOY :ultkrool: being announced on the August Direct, it was pretty weird not seeing Dixie Kong at all (but I guess they want to focus on mainly having K Rool as the spotlight). With that being said, it feels even more weird not seeing Dixie Kong in this huge lineup of iconic and important video game characters throughout classic and modern Nintendo. She`s an iconic Donkey Kong character and one of the main characters of the DKC trilogy. We have :ultdk:for DKC1, :ultdiddy:for DKC2 and King K Rool to represent the vilain of the trilogy, but we still don`t have Dixie to represent her being the main protagonist of DKC3. Idk, but it just feels really weird not seeing her in the biggest crossover in gaming.

Add me as a Dixie Kong supporter. She`s one of the few fighters I really want to see added in Ultimate (along with Shadow and Rayman). :)

Gobliiin

Smash Apprentice
Well in a couple of days we will know where our fate and course of action lies. I'm still pretty hyped for this direct considering the situation and I still feel very positive about Dixie's position in Smash.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
This was done with Ridley during Smash 4. Instead of de-confirming Ridley as a boss as soon as the Pyrosphere was shown off back in August 2013, Ridley was not shown as a boss (he was hinted as a boss in April 2014, but a lot of people still refused to believe) until November 2014.
Hmmh. I guess the difference here is that Dixie's not been given any particular hint so far, especially when compared to a lot of other characters shown at the moment. I guess that's why it'd reek off very fishy if Sakurai decided to give Dixie that sort of treatment... especially if they attempted to get her in before in Brawl, and K.Rool's moveset motives meant playing DKC2 and 3.

Also, I'd hate to see Dixie flinged probably into to a new "memetic loser" category on Ultimate if that were to happen - especially because her being on Diddy's FS sounds quite similar to Chrom's fate before. :ohwell:

There are a ton of bandwagoners out there. They just want to be part of clique and a "winning team". I never got it.
Smash-speculation and supporting your wanted characters ain't easy game with something as huge in magnitude and influence as this, so I'm not surprised.

It definitely stings much worse when you were genuinely supporting someone, only for them to become complete jokes after being deconfirmed, and most likely lose their appeal on many fans' eyes as a result.... than just show support to someone "safe" and like, who might be getting in.

Though these "safe" or "likely" characters can also, and a lot of the time if looking back in Sm4sh-days, get their rugs pulled under their feet. So people "bandwagoning" can also be setting themselves not only for disappointment, but also expose out the fakeness of their "support" when things come crashing down.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Hoping the long wait for Dixie pays off on Thursday. But hey, if she doesn't show up there, there's always DLC.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Yeah, barring some sort of miracle, I don't think Dixie will be revealed a playable character in the direct. Let's hope for DLC.

If she was planned but cut, it's because she didn't work as an echo, so better for her to be a real character.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
Remember, don’t expect her to be the first reveal. It would be awkward to have Isabelle in between K. Rool and Dixie on the character select screen.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I'm off on Thursday, so I'm excited for the early morning direct. It feels like getting up to Saturday morning cartoons. Sorry that you won't be able to experience the hype when it first happens.
Oh trust me I will, I watched the August one live at work and I'll be doing it again this time. Though this time I'll go on my lunch break and watch it and not mid deli slicing like last time! lol

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Oh trust me I will, I watched the August one live at work and I'll be doing it again this time. Though this time I'll go on my lunch break and watch it and not mid deli slicing like last time! lol
I'm also gonna be stuck watching the Direct during my lunch break... hoping that I can take the time to watch the entire thing without poor cell reception getting in the way... and my lunch break is only 50 minutes... Hoo boy. Spoiler-dodging is going to be quite the interesting exercise.
Here's my new prediction: The New Holy Trinity will be Skull Kid, Bandanna Waddle Dee, and Dixie
Meanwhile, I'll be in the corner hoping for Vaati (and Bomberman and Krystal, if Assist Trophy promotion ends up being a thing).
As long as Dixie is not an Assist, we are golden.
Um... Dixie could also be part of Diddy's Final Smash... {EDIT: I got :4greninja:'d on this one.}

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
It definitely stings much worse when you were genuinely supporting someone, only for them to become complete jokes after being deconfirmed, and most likely lose their appeal on many fans' eyes as a result.... than just show support to someone "safe" and like, who might be getting in.
This.

It didn't happen to Duck Hunt Dog, thankfully. I was genuinely supporting Duck Hunt Dog for 12 years... and the dog was mostly ignored by the Smash community... only for the ESRB Leak did the dog finally get so much attention and enthusiastic discussion... with people saying they always wanted the dog in Smash for a long time (Really? Then where were they before the leaks happened?) and after the game came out, the dog is ignored by the Smash community again. Oh well, at least I can now enjoy playing as Duck Hunt Dog in Smash for the rest of my life.

If, IF, Team Rocket Meowth somehow actually gets in a future Smash game as a playable fighter and there are leaks (similar to ESRB leak or Grinch leak) claiming that Team Rocket Meowth is in, I guarantee you will see many people suddenly flocking to the Meowth support thread and saying they have always wanted Meowth in Smash for years despite treating Meowth like a complete joke for years. :rolleyes:

cybersai

Smash Ace
Would love to see the last Nintendo all-star in the direct, but I've more or less accepted she won't be there. DK fans really need to push her hard for DLC.

Mariomaniac45213

Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Would love to see the last Nintendo all-star in the direct, but I've more or less accepted she won't be there. DK fans really need to push her hard for DLC.
I mean if we somehow got a 2nd ballot for DLC and every person who voted for K.Rool, voted for Dixie. Dixie would totally get in........as a mii costume BUT THEN get in Smash 6 as a full blown newcomer! :troll:

But seriously if the DK fanbase that rallied for K.Rool also rallied for Dixie as DLC. I'm sure we would get her, since K.Rool was obviously the TRUE ballot winner.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
But seriously if the DK fanbase that rallied for K.Rool also rallied for Dixie as DLC. I'm sure we would get her, since K.Rool was obviously the TRUE ballot winner.
Yeah it was strange how they picked Bayonetta so quickly before the ballot ended, even though I can almost 100% guarantee that K. Rool or Ridley was the ballot winner, maybe even Banjo, come on. In what world could Bayonetta actually beat out those three? But yeah, considering the overlap between Dixie and K. Rool fans, I’d be surprised if she didn’t win a second ballot.

Last edited:

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
Ridley probably didn't do too well since we all, the naive fans we were, believed that the ballot was meant to be for Smash 4 DLC, and he was already in the game as a stage boss. So I'd bet K Rool, Banjo, and Isaac were the top 3, in any order.

I just had a small argument with a guy from my school who thinks Dixie would have to be an echo fighter. Frustrating times we live in.

Mariomaniac45213

Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Yeah it was strange how they picked Bayonetta so quickly before the ballot ended, even though I can almost 100% guarantee that K. Rool or Ridley was the ballot winner, maybe even Banjo, come on. In what world could Bayonetta actually beat out those three? But yeah, considering the overlap between Dixie and K. Rool fans, I’d be surprised if she didn’t win a second ballot.
Because Bayonetta was already planned from the jump. Nintendo funded Bayonetta 2. The game sold like hot garbage and Nintendo needed to recoup some of their losses so they tried advertising the character through Smash to try and move all the unsold dusty copies off the shelves. Not the games fault of course. Both Bayonetta's were fantastic games and I'm stoked for Bayo 3 but that's the honest truth of the situation and no one can actually convince me she "won" the ballot because if her series sales are anything to back it up then why didn't all those supposed people who voted for Bayonetta not buy either of her games?

Mariomaniac45213

Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I'm like absolutely sure Waluigi will win if there's another ballot.
Yeah you're probably right I forgot about the Wah! But then again now that I think about it Dixie has some stiff 3rd party wannabe competition. Though I hope if Nintendo made another Ballot they would limit it in some way idk how but a way to keep off super out there 3rd/4th party characters (Kratos, Sora, Doom Guy, CJ from San Andreas, Cole Phelps, Crash Bandicoot, etc.) or meme/non-videogame characters (Goku, Shrek, Shaq, Batman, etc.) the only way I could see that happening is if Nintendo made a poll of like 50 "realizable" characters and you got to vote on any of those and like whoever the top 10 was, got the most votes got in, instead of anything goes like last time.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
Don't forget that there will very likely be a new Donkey Kong game next year, given it will be five years since the last one. Dixie could be good promotional dlc.

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
Yeah you're probably right I forgot about the Wah! But then again now that I think about it Dixie has some stiff 3rd party wannabe competition. Though I hope if Nintendo made another Ballot they would limit it in some way idk how but a way to keep off super out there 3rd/4th party characters (Kratos, Sora, Doom Guy, CJ from San Andreas, Cole Phelps, Crash Bandicoot, etc.) or meme/non-videogame characters (Goku, Shrek, Shaq, Batman, etc.) the only way I could see that happening is if Nintendo made a poll of like 50 "realizable" characters and you got to vote on any of those and like whoever the top 10 was, got the most votes got in, instead of anything goes like last time.
Define "super out there."

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
I still think Crash with all his goofiness would fit in to the roster right next to Duck Hunt and pac-man.

Gekkouga

Smash Cadet
Dixie supporter right here. She's probably the first videogame character that I enjoyed playing as, and she's one of my 3 most wanted (alongside Banjo & Kazooie and Joanna Dark). If she doesn't make it now she's a surefire DLC contender so i won't be disheartened if she's not in the NDirect.

cybersai

Smash Ace
The Grinch leak is being confirmed fake essentially. I wonder how this bodes for Dixie's chances. She might not make the game either, but at least she wasn't on that fake leak.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
The Grinch leak is being confirmed fake essentially. I wonder how this bodes for Dixie's chances. She might not make the game either, but at least she wasn't on that fake leak.
Not essentially, but if it is, I'm hoping Dixie is one of the remainings, just not as an echo.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I haven't really been keeping up with the leak, how is it confirmed fake?

cybersai

Smash Ace
Vergeben, Zhuge and Emily Rogers from ResetEra, have said the leak is fake and half the characters on it are Assists or not in the game at all.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
Vergeben, Zhuge and Emily Rogers from ResetEra, have said the leak is fake and half the characters on it are Assists or not in the game at all.
Wow. Even Vegetablehead, the ‘most credible leaker’ says it’s fake. That should confirm my idea about the ‘too good to be true’ scenario. I feel like Isaac is just an assist again, same with Shadow.

Last edited:

cybersai

Smash Ace
Better to believe known insiders and admins then...random speculation.

Either way we'll know the answers in less than 2 days now. So I guess we'll see. I just hope the final newcomers aren't just Ken and Incineroar.

*shudders*

SuperJumpmon64

Smash Cadet
That doesn't mean anything. To me, it just seems to be pure bait. Thursday can't come soon enough...
Yeah, I am hoping it is just trolling. A friend of mine and I are huge Golden Sun fans, and it would be a huge disappointment if Isaac all of a sudden becomes an AT.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Yeah, I am hoping it is just trolling. A friend of mine and I are huge Golden Sun fans, and it would be a huge disappointment if Isaac all of a sudden becomes an AT.
Yeah I hear ya. I've been a fan of Isaac since the Brawl days and only recently started playing Golden Sun. It wouldn't make sense that Isaac, one of the most requested characters right now, would be revealed as an AT again so close to release.

Personally, I lean towards the leak being real, but as the saying goes, it could go either way. I am kinda hopeful for Dixie in the base, but at the same time I believe her being DLC seems more likely at this point (if that particular rumor is true).
Happy Halloween Dk fans!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Dmk7Gmmyt4g

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=57FQ_L0lH5c

On the subject about the leak, I could have sworn that the Miis are missing, I might be wrong but I didn't see them in the banner.
I think they were moved around. It appears that they are right between Mewtwo and K. Rool in the leaked mural image.

Top Bottom