• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

cybersai

Smash Ace
The leak is probably real, the fact that it's been 5+ days since it's been out there and no artist has come out to admit they made it either says a lot. If you've been following all the other evidence people keep posting online, it all points to legit.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
The leak is probably real, the fact that it's been 5+ days since it's been out there and no artist has come out to admit they made it either says a lot. If you've been following all the other evidence people keep posting online, it all points to legit.
You’d be surprised how far some people are willing to go to mess with others.

Dan

Smash Lord
You keep saying it's common sense what characters people have wanted, but again, how do YOU know that? You are not a reliable source, so there is no reason for anyone here to believe that what is common sense to you is exactly what makes sense for anyone else.

Also, this is inconsistent with the rest of your stance. You push out this agenda of democracy like what matters is transparency in votes and us getting who we want, but at the same time you're putting higher value on "who cares most" like you could even define that reliably. You qualify "I know someone's opinion isn't better if they're on Smashboards" but at the same time the tone of everything you're saying implies that YOU personally know better as someone on Smashboards.
I have read the internet for the last 10 years in regards to gauging interest; apparently I'm not a very good reader. Me being a member of Smashboards has nothing to do with that. I did not at all say she was top 7 pre-Smash 4 either, but she's definitely top 5 currently in terms of characters people have been clamoring for for the longest time; I'd say the only ones who have her beat in terms of combined popularity and seniority are Geno and Isaac.

Smash is a rare exception where I think the people should be able to decide on what characters are in the game since so little of it is actually original. The poll thing was just a metaphor for me saying that I want the people to get what they want at the end of the day; I'm just sick of seeing things like Wii Fit Trainer and a walking advertisement be revealed in the final Direct when there was a line of fan favorites waiting to get in, granted some of them already have with Ultimate.

cybersai

Smash Ace
As said, if the leak is real almost every major request that ranked highly on the ballot would be in, so Dixie would be the #1 character left not counting new franchises like ARMS, Xenoblade 2 reps, new Gen 8 Pokemon, or third parties.

Dixie's only competition would be new franchises, and if Dixie was partially worked on she can be the Mewtwo of the DLC and come out early.

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
Dixie looks like a Muppet sometimes and I love that.

As said, if the leak is real almost every major request that ranked highly on the ballot would be in, so Dixie would be the #1 character left not counting new franchises like ARMS, Xenoblade 2 reps, new Gen 8 Pokemon, or third parties.
Nah, you're forgetting Skull Kee and Bandana Did. Skull Kid might be a boss, but that still leaves Bandana. Dixie is...somewhere in the top 10 I'd guess, but definitely not the #1 most wanted Nintendo newcomers post-leak. Let us not be complacent.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I'll hold you to that.
This is childish. Would you liked it if people laughed at you if the Grinch "leak" does not end up coming to pass?

Also, another veteran was posted today. Zero Suit Samus. Only four Brawl veterans remain. Lucas, Olimar, Meta Knight, and of course, Diddy Kong.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Dixie's a lot more mainstream than Bandana Dee, the lack of a core Donkey Kong character is huge worldwide If Skull Kid doesn't make it he'll be up there too.

If I had to make a new top 5 not counting new franchises or third parties, it'd probably be:

1. Dixie
2. Skull Kid
3. Bandana Dee
4. Captain Toad
5. Waluigi/Paper Mario/Ashley, etc.

Dan

Smash Lord
Nah, you're forgetting Skull Kee and Bandana Did. Skull Kid might be a boss, but that still leaves Bandana. Dixie is...somewhere in the top 10 I'd guess, but definitely not the #1 most wanted Nintendo newcomers post-leak. Let us not be complacent.
Skull Kid is the Chorus Kids of this era, but not as bad since he had at least some sect of a fan base. What I mean by that is he wasn't really a bonafide top-tier character until the chairs, kind of like how no one gave a single **** about Chorus Kids (or even considered them) until Gematsu.

StormC

Smash Hero
This is childish. Would you liked it if people laughed at you if the Grinch "leak" does not end up coming to pass?
"I'll hold you to that" just means "we'll see." I've said multiple times I'm not 100% convinced of it. I think being 100% convinced either way is impossible based on the little we have to work with at the moment.

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
C cybersai I want to agree with you, but I just...don't see Dixie's name pop up nearly as often as those other two. I don't understand why (and I don't have to), but Bandana Dee is a lot more requested than her. It could be an issue of series representation (Kirby fans wanting a newcomer whereas DK fans just got one) but otherwise it's an ineffable truth.

And Skull Kid as well, but in that case it's also partly because Zelda fans haven't gotten an actual "new" character since Melee.

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Waluigi shouldn't be underestimated, imo. After the first direct the memes about him were all over, and even non-Smash people seem to be aware of the joke of Waluigi not having made it in this game.
This means that with the possibility of more characters I can see a lot of push behind him, even if in this game that's complicated by him already being an assist trophy.

There's two other characters people are sleeping on that, if the leak is true, also exist in the same realm as Dixie for me: Tails/Robotnik.
Mostly because for me Shadow being in this game leads to the uncanny question of "where is Tails and Robotnik?", since those two have been significantly more consistent in the sonic series, and both are characters that the general public is fairly familiar with.

Dan

Smash Lord
Take Shadow or leave him, but he's in the game cause he was easier to make than Robotnik/Tails.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I mean at first I was on 100% team fake but now I just don't know. If it was real I'm sure Nintendo would be trying to remove the image from websites or copyright claim youtube videos, not to mention no one has come forward and was like "LUL NAW DAWGS I GOT YU!" So now I'm on 75% Real and 25% fake. The only thing keeping me away from being 100% real is Banjo. Just because it's 2 MAJOR console competitors coming to an agreement for a character. Not to mention I wonder how much money Nintendo had to shell out to Microsoft/Rare for the rights. Yes I know Phil Spencer said he had his blessing but that's just PR talk. At the end of the day these are major business's and corporations we're talking about and it all comes down to $$$ and I have to wonder would the potential massive investment to get Banjo actually be worth it in the end? It's not like Ultimate wasn't gonna sell millions of copies without Banjo and let's be honest here a character/series that hasn't been "relevant" in years so only a handful of potential customers will actually care . So I question what exactly does Nintendo benefit by adding Banjo? If anything it would seem Banjo should be DLC that way both parties make a little bit of extra money.

Not to mention a part of me just doesn't want Banjo in simply due to the floodgates opening up even further when it comes to 3rd/4th party requests. I can see it now.. "MASTER CHIEF for Smash", "Marcus Fenix for Smash!", "Forza Car Driver for Smash!", "Cuphead for Smash", etc. AND the fact that if Banjo gets in it's gonna open up that can of worms of people assuming K.Rool is still owned by Rare and that the only reason K.Rool got in was because of Banjo bullcrap.

Anyway I got off-topic: But if Dixie is added I can't wait to see her Ultimate render. DK, Diddy, and Rool all have the best renders ever! Not to mention I NEED a Dixie amiibo asap!

StormC

Smash Hero
Waluigi shouldn't be underestimated, imo. After the first direct the memes about him were all over, and even non-Smash people seem to be aware of the joke of Waluigi not having made it in this game.
This means that with the possibility of more characters I can see a lot of push behind him, even if in this game that's complicated by him already being an assist trophy.

There's two other characters people are sleeping on that, if the leak is true, also exist in the same realm as Dixie for me: Tails/Robotnik.
Mostly because for me Shadow being in this game leads to the uncanny question of "where is Tails and Robotnik?", since those two have been significantly more consistent in the sonic series, and both are characters that the general public is fairly familiar with.
I think Tails/Eggman will take off if we start getting non-echo extra characters from third parties. That barrier still hasn't been broken.

Dan

Smash Lord
I mean at first I was on 100% team fake but now I just don't know. If it was real I'm sure Nintendo would be trying to remove the image from websites or copyright claim youtube videos, not to mention no one has come forward and was like "LUL NAW DAWGS I GOT YU!" So now I'm on 75% Real and 25% fake. The only thing keeping me away from being 100% real is Banjo. Just because it's 2 MAJOR console competitors coming to an agreement for a character. Not to mention I wonder how much money Nintendo had to shell out to Microsoft/Rare for the rights. Yes I know Phil Spencer said he had his blessing but that's just PR talk. At the end of the day these are major business's and corporations we're talking about and it all comes down to $$$ and I have to wonder would the potential massive investment to get Banjo actually be worth it in the end? It's not like Ultimate wasn't gonna sell millions of copies without Banjo and let's be honest here a character/series that hasn't been "relevant" in years so only a handful of potential customers will actually care . So I question what exactly does Nintendo benefit by adding Banjo? If anything it would seem Banjo should be DLC that way both parties make a little bit of extra money.

Not to mention a part of me just doesn't want Banjo in simply due to the floodgates opening up even further when it comes to 3rd/4th party requests. I can see it now.. "MASTER CHIEF for Smash", "Marcus Fenix for Smash!", "Forza Car Driver for Smash!", "Cuphead for Smash", etc. AND the fact that if Banjo gets in it's gonna open up that can of worms of people assuming K.Rool is still owned by Rare and that the only reason K.Rool got in was because of Banjo bullcrap.

Anyway I got off-topic: But if Dixie is added I can't wait to see her Ultimate render. DK, Diddy, and Rool all have the best renders ever! Not to mention I NEED a Dixie amiibo asap!
If Nintendo tried damage control that would make things worse by 100% certifying its legitimacy.

Microsoft and Nintendo already got in bed with each other over Minecraft (and are in good standing otherwise), and Banjo probably did decent-to-well on the ballot, but I agree with everything you said about that.

Lowkey Cuphead would be an amazing fit in Smash, and it's kind of common knowledge that K. Rool stayed a Nintendo character.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
I mean at first I was on 100% team fake but now I just don't know. If it was real I'm sure Nintendo would be trying to remove the image from websites or copyright claim youtube videos, not to mention no one has come forward and was like "LUL NAW DAWGS I GOT YU!" So now I'm on 75% Real and 25% fake. The only thing keeping me away from being 100% real is Banjo. Just because it's 2 MAJOR console competitors coming to an agreement for a character.
How do you go from 100% fake to 75% real that quickly? Of course no ones come out and been like “GOT’EEM” yet, the direct hasn’t happened, and this is (most likely) just another internet asshat like Vergeben trying to grab attention. Also, how would Nintendo not trying to remove it make you think it’s real? If I have learned anything from past situations, it’s that they will take down anything that gives real info within a day or two of its existence.

Dan

Smash Lord
How do you go from 100% fake to 75% real that quickly? Of course no ones come out and been like “GOT’EEM” yet, the direct hasn’t happened, and this is (most likely) just another internet ****** like Vergeben trying to grab attention. Also, how would Nintendo not trying to remove it make you think it’s real? If I have learned anything from past situations, it’s that they will take down anything that gives real info within a day or two of its existence.
That's true, but they didn't try to remove the ESRB images, right? It wasn't until gameplay hit.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
really like how tense we're all getting about funney monkey girl being in a video game

cybersai

Smash Ace
really like how tense we're all getting about funney monkey girl being in a video game
She's just more important than half the characters on the roster already.

It's not like we're all sitting here begging for Funky Kong or Kiddie Kong or Swanky Kong to join the roster.

Last edited:

cybersai

Smash Ace
Every other franchise has their core cast in, to the point where they're asking for third or fourth tier characters.

Dixie is the only one of the main cast of her franchise not in. That's the difference.

Dan

Smash Lord
Every other franchise has their core cast in, to the point where they're asking for third or fourth tier characters.

Dixie is the only one of the main cast of her franchise not in. That's the difference.
Truth; people are already starting to consider Tails/Robotnik but Dixie still hasn't gotten her due.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Yeah, it's the same for Mario. Would it be nice to have Captain Toad, Paper Mario, Waluigi? Of course, I'd like them, but the core Mario cast has been there for awhile. Nobody feels missing, they even have the Toads fight in their grabs now instead of shields.

If Dixie was in you'd see people making a case for Cranky Kong, etc. now...but he isn't essential. We still don't have our core cast.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Dixie won't be in Diddy's final Smash, relax. Sakurai never puts characters who could be playable and are requests in final Smash. Likewise Dixie was never an Assist, likely because she was always considered to be playable.

It's characters stuck in assist trophy hell like Waluigi, Ashley, Lyn, Krystal, etc. that seem doomed there unless they get huge requests or become mascots of their franchises. (granted Waluigi may very well become playable NEXT Smash, but I don't see him for DLC)

Dixie Kong never being an Assist either is a blessing in disguise.
Dixie Kong not being in the base roster could be a blessing in disguise as well because if she's DLC, they would have more time to work on her to make her a unique fighter instead of a Echo Fighter.

Dixie's a lot more mainstream than Bandana Dee, the lack of a core Donkey Kong character is huge worldwide If Skull Kid doesn't make it he'll be up there too.

If I had to make a new top 5 not counting new franchises or third parties, it'd probably be:

1. Dixie
2. Skull Kid
3. Bandana Dee
4. Captain Toad
5. Waluigi/Paper Mario/Ashley, etc.
My list of first party characters would be the same except, I would have Pig Ganon and Porky instead of Captain Toad and Bandana Dee.

Here's how I would rank them:

1. Dixie Kong
2. Pig Ganon
3. Porky
4. Skull Kid
5. Paper Mario

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
Paper Mario is an okay choice, but not really all that exciting I think? I mean he'd be neat to have but at the end of the day it's not a NEW CHARACTER joining Smash, it's just another way to play as Mario. That's pretty cool but not exactly similar to uniting the core cast of a beloved franchise or bringing in an old long-lost friend like Banjo or Geno.

Plus, you know, the Paper Mario series kind of sucks now. It's a bit optimistic to assume Sakurai would take all of his moves from TTYD and not Color Splash. So yeah, not a bad idea for a character overall, but he seems incredibly extraneous.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Paper Mario is an okay choice, but not really all that exciting I think? I mean he'd be neat to have but at the end of the day it's not a NEW CHARACTER joining Smash, it's just another way to play as Mario. That's pretty cool but not exactly similar to uniting the core cast of a beloved franchise or bringing in an old long-lost friend like Banjo or Geno.

Plus, you know, the Paper Mario series kind of sucks now. It's a bit optimistic to assume Sakurai would take all of his moves from TTYD and not Color Splash. So yeah, not a bad idea for a character overall, but he seems incredibly extraneous.
I love the first two Paper Mario games and that's why I would want him. But him being another Mario is the reason he's at the bottom of my list.

Dan

Smash Lord

I think they could do enough interesting things with Paper Mario just based on his N64 appearance alone to warrant his own interesting character, between the party members, hammer, etc.

Tbh he could lowkey be a G&W semi if they could smooth the animations out.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Because she's been a steady top 7 request for the last 10 years, and hasn't completely fallen off like someone like Krystal (who I used to be a supporter of).

They just need to open a public results, one vote per person voting poll for the world so this can be settled once and for all, and if she isn't up there, I'll gladly take the L. I am a massive propenent of them doing a public poll, and then just doing the top 10 characters (obviously they can't do Goku and ****); this should be a game for the people, from the people, and Sakurai should just be the mediator; he should be honored to have the license.

Characters steal spots from characters: time = time. If I told the team to not do Chorus Kids and do Dixie instead, then she would be in the game (and probably would take less time as a semi-clone); that's how things work.
Why would Chorus Kids in particular get cut for Dixie? It seems like you have something specific against them.

First of all, Yoshi is the star of his own franchise.
Toad stars in Wario’s Woods and Captain Toad.

The Yoshi in Smash is directly based off the Yoshi that starred in Yoshi’s Island.
And the multiple Yoshi that have appeared in Yoshi’s Story and Super Mario World 1.

As for the Pokemon, each of them are based off specific ones from the anime and movies. The Pikachu and Greninja in Smash are directly based off the ones used by Ash. The Jigglypuff in Smash is based off the same one from the anime that put people to sleep and drew on their faces. The Mewtwo in Smash is based off the antagonist from the first movie. The Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Chairzard in Smash all belong to the Pokemon Trainer who is based off of Red (Leaf for the female version). The Pichu in Smash is based off the one from the Pikachu and Pichu short. The Lucario in Smash is based off the one from the eighth Pokemon movie.
Very few things specifically point towards the anime for inspiration. Many are just, you know, from the games. Meowth doesn’t talk, for example, something that directly contradicts the anime.

Toad cannot be playable because it is not a specific entity. "What about the Toad that was playable in SMB2 (USA)?" one may ask. Could that be considered a character? The answer is no. The Toad in that game didn’t have any unique abilities.
Every character in SMB2 had unique abilities.

It also had blue spots, which not every Toad has.
If he has unique traits that not every Toad has, then it follows that he’s a distinct individual.

When people see Yoshi in the roster, they know it is THE Yoshi from his franchise.
Untrue, see above.

If a Toad were to be playable, it would need to have a moveset based off of many different kinds of Toads, so nobody would know exactly which game that particular one came from.
Nobody cares about making movesets based on many characters/games. See: Ness, the Belmonts, Mr. Game & Watch, Duck Hunt, Daisy, Wolf, Zelda... need I go on?

I feel like one could make the argument that Dixie is more important than K. Rool though. She has been playable in multiple mainline games while K. Rool wasn't playable in any.
K. Rool is, like, the villain. You don’t usually play as the villain.

The statement that generic characters aren’t in Smash are patently untrue. Inkling isn’t called Agent 3 or Agent 4 (the canon names of the protagonists of Splatoon 1 and 2), and Yoshi isn’t called T. Yoshisaur Munchakoopas. For what it’s worth, three of the two characters that compose Duck Hunt are also generic, and so is R.O.B. technically.

It kind of sucks to see people bashing other characters every time I come here. For what we claim is the number one most important Nintendo character left, some people sure seem too insecure.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
I think Dixie will be dlc as she'll be an easy character to make using some assets from Diddy

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
A lot went down here while I had my sleep, huh...

I think there is a low chance of Dixie being in Diddy's Final Smash but there is a chance. I don't see her being an AT though.
We first need to know whether Dixie Kong has a major non-playable role or not in Ultimate. That is the biggest contingency to whether Dixie Kong even has a shot at becoming DLC for Ultimate. We have only 40 days left until the game's release, and the final pre-release Nintendo Direct will likely happen at least a week prior to the game's release. It could happen as early as next week. We might very well be around only ten days until we know for certain the remainder to this game's roster.

Regardless, for Dixie Kong, a concern is whether she could possible end up as being part of Diddy Kong's Final Smash or a new Assist Trophy. We shall find out in the weeks ahead, for better or worse.

Sakurai considered Chrom for playable status, but then thought he was too similar to Marth and Ike, and wanted something "fresher" to represent Fire Emblem.

I do not rule out undesirable scenarios for Smash Bros., because a lot of the time they do come true.
My problem with this assumption is that if this were the case for Dixie's final role, she would have already been shown be part of Diddy's Final Smash months ago - most likely shown in E3's Smash Ultimate Direct Showcase. That's where all the Final Smashes that feature new cameos from characters' teammates (:ultness::ultlucas::ultshulk::ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf:), had managed to be shown fully prior.

I'd find it rather cruel and strangely unprofessional of Sakurai if all he decided to do was to pointlessly hold off showing Diddy's Final Smash due having Dixie in it up to this point of time - since Dixie being in it just deconfirms her outright anyway, so there'd be nothing to hide about.

Otherwise that'd be leaving Dixie-fans hanging for months upon end with Smash-speculation, only to just drop the ball on them while Fiora-fans and like get to process their wanted character's deconfirmation more safely. Like I said, that'd be unprofessional, and strange to target one particula fanbase of a demanded character with (Toad at least seemed to be shown to probably not be playable way back in E3 again, since he was shown to be more involved and active in Peach's moveset now.)

Also, if Diddy's Final Smash was kept in the wraps because Dixie was suddenly being corporate to it, it'd imply she'd been pretty long while in development. since up to E3, the game's been halfway done with and had a full demo build done for it.

The best conclusion I'd think why she'd be dropped her to a Final Smash, instead of just keeping on working on her as DLC, would be that she somehow couldn't work, or Sakurai deemed her "not interesting" or "potent" enough for a compelling moveset, much like what happened to Chrom.

But again, I think comparing Dixie to Chrom here is little bit comparing apples to oranges. Chrom certainly was very similar to his predecessors, hence why he was dropped in favor of more unique newcomer in Robin, and got luckily reworked as Roy's Echo instead in Ultimate.
Dixie however, I think we've seen more than enough proof that Sakurai doesn't see her as a mere "Girl Diddy" - and even then, to deem her beyond merit or time to be put on just drop her to a Final Smash, would go against all of that.

It could probably happen, but I bet it'd come off to many as frankly illogical choice in the very end, given how Sakurai currently has a full-blown options to ensure return of veterans that he had back in Sm4sh, or even introduce more 3rd Parties, thanks to the great age of DLC and free add-on content. So it would have made ton of sense to people to just let her get finished after game's release, and bring her in as DLC.

So the end line would be that if Dixie was in Diddy's Final Smash, then Sakurai and his team just didn't her workable - even if it'd be hard to believe with the insane amount of characters in Ultimate, and some of them being even semi-clones themselves. A lot would probably call bias ("Sakurai liked Isabelle more") due lack of understandable reasoning on her exclusion - at least it wasn't rocket science to see why Chrom didn't make it over Robin, and Echoes being around would make Sakurai's reasoning on Dixie's exlusions worse.

Maybe it'd be the Ridley-situation where Sakurai felt trying to bring Dixie in without making her feel like she's not herself at all was difficult - but I'd be hard-pressed to wonder what it is about her most iconic trait and attributes that'd make her so hard to work with.

So yeah, I think if Dixie was made into Diddy's FS, I think it wouldn't feel "logical" or "good" choice like Chrom was done with - it'd just be a straight-up cop-out move from Sakurai's end, especially after trying to make playable Dixie a reality for a 2nd time.

(I just realized that I'm now wondering what in earth could be Diddy's new FS be about, if it'd have Dixie incorporated to it now. Some have suggested him using Animal Buddies like Rambi while Dixie trails along - or maybe it'd be Kong Pow from Tropical Freeze? )

Snorkel the dolphin

Cetacean Gamer
Switch FC
SW 6666 6666 6666
I think just the fact that Dixie was previously considered/planned at all gives her a pretty big chance at making it into the game eventually. We've seen stuff like final smashes being planned since the N64 game and then later being implemented using the same soundfiles as the ones that were found in the 64 game, and stuff like Ditto being planned for Melee and not being re-implemented until Ultimate. It's clear that at some point, work was done on Dixie Kong and I don't think they're just going to throw it away.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I wholeheartedly believe the banner leak, so it seems Dixie won't be in the base roster.
But I fully support her as DLC, and if foul-mouthed leaker was right, she was considered during development, so it might work in our favor that Dixie has less chance of being an Echo.
Not that I have anything againsts Echos that make sense. But Dixie is much more of a Luigi to Diddy's Mario than she is a Richter to Diddy's Simon.

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
Maybe they tried to make Dixie an echo of Diddy but it didn't work out. There's so many elements that differentiate her from Diddy. I really hope that they holding her for DLC

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Been sick all weekend so I'm behind the curve on some things. I'll be re-reading the last 9 pages to catch up completely, but I gotta reiterate that we don't need to dismantle other characters in favor of Dixie. There's some uncomfortable parallels to the "Dixie v K. Rool" venom from the old days, and I don't want that reincarnated. We've done very well to avoid being a toxic fanbase, even with the Echo Plague a few months ago, so it'd be a shame if we become venomous over something so simple.

I encourage discussion, and if we can find a way to constructively talk about Dixie's merits in relation to others without getting negative/snobby/hostile, so be it. That however is a challenge in and of itself, so we're better off hyping up Dixie without throwing others under the bus.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Been sick all weekend so I'm behind the curve on some things. I'll be re-reading the last 9 pages to catch up completely, but I gotta reiterate that we don't need to dismantle other characters in favor of Dixie. There's some uncomfortable parallels to the "Dixie v K. Rool" venom from the old days, and I don't want that reincarnated. We've done very well to avoid being a toxic fanbase, even with the Echo Plague a few months ago, so it'd be a shame if we become venomous over something so simple.

I encourage discussion, and if we can find a way to constructively talk about Dixie's merits in relation to others without getting negative/snobby/hostile, so be it. That however is a challenge in and of itself, so we're better off hyping up Dixie without throwing others under the bus.
Yeah, preventing to humor the possibility of other DK characters, let alone ones from other series, is just as bad as not being acknowledged. Imagine if people here acted that way towards the Lanky fans, for example, that would not be funky at all. Also, keeping in mind that some series fanbases have it even worse when it comes to trying to keep up hope.

Machete

Smash Ace
Honestly, even if it kinda sucks Dixie isn't in the game, isn't it a good thing that Chadondorf specifically pointed her out as being cut? Chorus Kids and Chrom would show an active interest in cut characters, Dixie has now been planned twice, and the pool of big Nintendo characters isn't that big. Like, I'd assume Octolings have an obvious spot, with Rex&Pyra and Spring-Man not too far behind, but after that you have a Gen 8 Pokemon and some sort of new Fire Emblem representation (either Three Houses or Heroes). Those are the only characters I can see having priority over Dixie, and even then she might make it depending on how far along she was in development.

Like, I don't know, but that Dixie was specifically cut rather than re-purposed into an echo means Sakurai certainly looks at her as full character material, and it was gonna be hard getting two full DK newcomers in the base roster. But now that K.Rool is in, the whole DK fanbase only really has one character to rally behind. Dixie not being base sucks, but her situation is certainly better than one-hit wonders or characters who got YEP THAT'S HIM'd.

pepiux

Smash Apprentice
I've been completely off of the game speculation for a month now. Not that hyped to be honest. The game looks awesome, don't get me wrong, and the developers deserve their credit.

Now if the leak is true and Dixie is not in the base game, I may not be buying a Switch just to play this game. Perhaps if Dixie is announced as DLC, but in general I feel I should move on from gaming.

Top Bottom