• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

cybersai

Smash Ace
Yeah, everytime I look on the site, it just feels wrong that she isn't there with the other all-stars, especially since she was considered since brawl time.
She's also the last starring character. Every other request is a character from a long dormant or dead franchise, or a second or third tier character in their respective franchise. I mean Waluigi has only been in spinoff games. Bandana Dee is the 4th Kirby character but not an essential one. As much as I like Geno and Isaac, they're old or one off characters without active franchises.

Dixie is more important than half the characters already on the roster, it's ridiculous.

Last edited:

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
She's also the last starring character. Every other request is a character from a long dormant or dead franchise, or a second or third tier character in their respective franchise. I mean Waluigi has only been in spinoff games. Bandana Dee is the 4th Kirby character but not an essential one. As much as I like Geno and Isaac, they're old or one off characters without active franchises.

Dixie is more important than half the characters already on the roster, it's ridiculous.
Putting it like that makes me feel even more cheated by her not being playable yet.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Dixie should have been in Smash U at the latest. We're at least 4 years overdue, even if you don't count Brawl.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I’m not liking where a lot of discussion is going. I agree, Dixie should have been in Smash long ago, but let’s not start creating rhetoric at the expense of other characters (whether they are in or not).

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
Honestly, both Diddy and Dixie should have been in 64. (Since their games were big critical and commercial hits) Of course, Rare probably prevented them from appearing. Diddy wasn’t even a trophy in Melee.

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
As much as I love Dixie, I have to say 64 is a stretch--even Mario only had two characters in that game.

I like what I'm hearing with the whole "Dixie is the only truly missing character" mindset that you guys seem to have, because it's the same mindset I have as well. The only other characters I can think of who had their own games yet still aren't in Smash are Tingle and Captain Toad.

Nonetheless, yeah, let's keep it positive regarding the competition in here. I am not personally a fan of Skull Kid and Bandana Dee, but many people are and that's okay. I don't want the Dixie fanbase to be considered "one of THOSE fanbases".

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
It's too late for that, unfortunately. There was a crazy Dixie fan here a few weeks ago that threatened people with Beaver Bother. Scary.

But yeah, I mean, let's just have some perspective. We can still feel Dixie is missing and understand why it might happen anyway. A lot of different stars have to align for characters to appear in Smash Bros. She's actually in a great position and I think it's only a matter of time until she gets added.

StormC

Smash Hero
I think Ridley and K. Rool both benefitted greatly from a lack of competition. The 2015 design document didn’t give Sakurai much to work with at the time and most other characters that were more popular/prominent than those two were in. The lizards became elephants in the room that Sakurai addressed. If the Grinch leak is real, Dixie is in a very similar spot and we should be thankful.

Ridley should have been in since at least Brawl and K. Rool should have been in since at least Smash 4 but they’re here now. Maybe DLC could be Dixie’s time. It bothered me sometimes how certain character threads see a newcomer and go “why not my character?” Let’s stick to the course. If by some miracle we get another ballot (and Banjo is in), I’ll put all my votes to Dixie. Until then, don’t stop talking about her.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Yep if there's another ballot Dixie gets my vote, unless by chance Skull Kid doesn't make it, but even then I'd still vote more for Dixie on multiple devices.

The way I see it there's no point in voting for characters you know will get in anyway (ARMS rep, Xenoblade 2 rep, any new Pokemon, etc), and I always felt voting for a third party character feels like a waste because I feel as if third parties are chosen by Sakurai or the third party companies themselves who want Smash promotion (and before anyone asks, I don't believe Bayonetta won the ballot).

Other than that there's nobody else I'd want as much, even though I like the idea of Captain Toad, paper mario, etc. So Dixie would be #1.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
(and before anyone asks, I don't believe Bayonetta won the ballot).
Trust me, you and just about everyone else who voted in the smash ballot. I have firm reason to believe K. Rool won the ballot. Why else would Sakurai go out of his way to be the one to save K. Rool from an eternal pit of obscurity?

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but Isabelle may very well be the death of Dixie, not her savior; we still have a long way till it's all said and done, but if Dixie doesn't get in, Isabelle is the character I'm pointing my finger at right now. Characters taking slots from other characters is a real thing; obviously an Echo doesn't steal a slot from a unique, but Echo's steal slots from Echo's, uniques from uniques and semi's from semi's.

All I have to say is Dixie was actually a fighter in her games, not Isabelle; idc who's more popular atm, but Dixie has been getting shafted for way too long. I know anything is possible with DLC, but if Grinch is real, right now I'm questioning why Isabelle and Chorus Kids made the cut over Dixie and Bandana Dee in the "fanservice game"; Chorus Kids are the typical Sakurai pick that no one wanted.

Maybe my issue is that I'm stuck in the '90s.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I mean in a perfect world Diddy should've been added in Melee, K.Rool and Dixie in Brawl, Cranky in Smash 4, and Funky echo in this game. But sadly that's not the world we live in. We live in the real world where Fire Emblem goes from 2 reps to 6 in the span of 1 game, a world where Toad has yet to be playable in a Smash game, a world where Cloud and Snake (2 characters with very little Nintendo history) were added before characters like Ridley and K.Rool, a world where Bayonetta "won" the Smash Ballot, a world where Sakurai/Nintendo give us the option to vote for characters yet people waste their votes on far out 3rd party picks, lame memes (Shrek and Goku), or obvious 1st party newcomers (Inklings and Isabelle) So the moral of the story is life isn't fair or "right" and sadly we just gotta sit here and take it...

We will campaign for Dixie hard if she is not in this game for hopeful DLC I just hope if she isn't chosen again people don't complain too much and just accept it or if she is in but an echo people just accept that too. Dixie Kong should've been in Smash by now but unfortunately it is what it is.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
i mean come on guys we could totally have dixie by now if sakurai didnt insist on remaking brinstar depths

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but Isabelle may very well be the death of Dixie, not her savior; we still have a long way till it's all said and done, but if Dixie doesn't get in, Isabelle is the character I'm pointing my finger at right now. Characters taking slots from other characters is a real thing; obviously an Echo doesn't steal a slot from a unique, but Echo's steal slots from Echo's, uniques from uniques and semi's from semi's.

All I have to say is Dixie was actually a fighter in her games, not Isabelle; idc who's more popular atm, but Dixie has been getting shafted for way too long. I know anything is possible with DLC, but if Grinch is real, right now I'm questioning why Isabelle and Chorus Kids made the cut over Dixie and Bandana Dee in the "fanservice game"; Chorus Kids are the typical Sakurai pick that no one wanted.

You shouldn’t look at it that way. No specific character will be responsible for Dixie’s exclusion. The only thing to blame is limited time and the possibility that Dixie didn’t do great on the ballot because most of her supporters voted for K. Rool.

Isabelle is definitely an all-star, easily beats any other AC character in popularity. Chorus Kids face Karate Joe, but they had the advantage of Gematsu. Both could have broken out in the ballot.

To be honest, I think if anything kept Dixie out of the game, it’s probably that Sakurai meant to make her an Echo, but then realized she should probably be unique instead.

Dan

Smash Lord
I mean in a perfect world Diddy should've been added in Melee, K.Rool and Dixie in Brawl, Cranky in Smash 4, and Funky echo in this game. But sadly that's not the world we live in. We live in the real world where Fire Emblem goes from 2 reps to 6 in the span of 1 game, a world where Toad has yet to be playable in a Smash game, a world where Cloud and Snake (2 characters with very little Nintendo history) were added before characters like Ridley and K.Rool, a world where Bayonetta "won" the Smash Ballot, a world where Sakurai/Nintendo give us the option to vote for characters yet people waste their votes on far out 3rd party picks, lame memes (Shrek and Goku), or obvious 1st party newcomers (Inklings and Isabelle) So the moral of the story is life isn't fair or "right" and sadly we just gotta sit here and take it...

We will campaign for Dixie hard if she is not in this game for hopeful DLC I just hope if she isn't chosen again people don't complain too much and just accept it or if she is in but an echo people just accept that too. Dixie Kong should've been in Smash by now but unfortunately it is what it is.
Nice post; I agree with the majority of what you said, but has Cranky ever been much of a combatant? Would he just hit people with his cane, and put people to sleep? And Funky should be somewhere between an Echo and unique based on his surfing, so I'm not sure about him either.

Cranky for Jigglypuff Echo? :laugh:

Dan

Smash Lord
You shouldn’t look at it that way. No specific character will be responsible for Dixie’s exclusion. The only thing to blame is limited time and the possibility that Dixie didn’t do great on the ballot because most of her supporters voted for K. Rool.

Isabelle is definitely an all-star, easily beats any other AC character in popularity. Chorus Kids face Karate Joe, but they had the advantage of Gematsu. Both could have broken out in the ballot.

To be honest, I think if anything kept Dixie out of the game, it’s probably that Sakurai meant to make her an Echo, but then realized she should probably be unique instead.
Fair post, but this guy has had 10+ years to mull how Dixie would play in Smash.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
In terms of Dixie's support, we still gotta wait for the shoe to drop anyway: Dixie not being in the base game, which seems likely now. That will jolt more fans to her cause. I think some fans are a little sleepy since they still expect her.

But soon, soon, they will be asking.

Granted, that's a little scary. But it's Halloween you know? They should have haunted houses full of banana bird renders and pissed off Dixie.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord

Seems arbitrary to hate specific characters without real reason. There's literally no evidence suggesting any of these characters were literally chosen over Dixie, and instead you're just antagonizing fandoms of specific characters.

Tying Dixie into "man, she should have been in Smash before [character]" is exactly what gets people to hate a character. One of us being resentful towards other characters is all it could take for groups to assume our entire fandom is "trash" or "petty".

And for the record, while not a fan of Isabelle's addition myself, her impact being in this game will be similar to some kids out there as Dixie's was to me: kick-ass cute girl character being a badass and destroying bigger, stronger enemies. If you think of other characters affecting their fans in the same way Dixie affected us, it's easier to respect them.

Also, I speak as one of the people that have been very very strongly wanting Rhythm Heaven content in Smash since the second Rhythm Heaven game came out in 2010. So there ARE people that wanted Chorus Kids, even if not specifically them and just content from that game. So please, don't be that person that assumes that characters you don't care about or know are nobodies that the rest of the world also doesn't care for. We need less of that kind of attitude in gaming, not more.

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
Rhythm Heaven definitely deserved a character. I believe it's the biggest Nintendo franchise without a fighter in Smash, so it's well-earned.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
I mean in a perfect world Diddy should've been added in Melee, K.Rool and Dixie in Brawl, Cranky in Smash 4, and Funky echo in this game.
Eh. I don't know about that many. If Donkey Kong had five unique reps and an echo in Ultimate, I'm definitely sure some people would yell "Donkey Kong bias!". Let's not forget that people accused Sakurai of being biased towards Kirby and Star Fox in Brawl, and those only had three reps each.

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
Seems arbitrary to hate specific characters without real reason. There's literally no evidence suggesting any of these characters were literally chosen over Dixie, and instead you're just antagonizing fandoms of specific characters.

Tying Dixie into "man, she should have been in Smash before [character]" is exactly what gets people to hate a character. One of us being resentful towards other characters is all it could take for groups to assume our entire fandom is "trash" or "petty".

And for the record, while not a fan of Isabelle's addition myself, her impact being in this game will be similar to some kids out there as Dixie's was to me: kick-*** cute girl character being a badass and destroying bigger, stronger enemies. If you think of other characters affecting their fans in the same way Dixie affected us, it's easier to respect them.

Also, I speak as one of the people that have been very very strongly wanting Rhythm Heaven content in Smash since the second Rhythm Heaven game came out in 2010. So there ARE people that wanted Chorus Kids, even if not specifically them and just content from that game. So please, don't be that person that assumes that characters you don't care about or know are nobodies that the rest of the world also doesn't care for. We need less of that kind of attitude in gaming, not more.
I'm not hating on Isabelle; I'm hating on that fact that as a character who doesn't even fight, she was chosen over Dixie (a fighter) in a fighting game, just because of her popularity.

And in that middle part you mentioned Dixie like she was actually in the game?

I totally understand people want Rhythm Heaven characters (there's a fan for at least every character out there), but c'mon: we all know there's about 5 or so characters left on the board that people have been clamoring for for ages (Geno, Isaac, Dixie, Bandana Dee, and then Banjo/Skull Kid to a lesser degree [probably forgetting someone]); at least give me Dixie and Bandana Dee and then you can have your Rhythm Heaven rep - I already got my Ridley and Rool (and Geno and Banjo will just be icing on the cake), but I'm just going by what people have wanted over the last 10 years. Not trying to be selfish.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
I'm not hating on Isabelle; I'm hating on that fact that as a character who doesn't even fight, she was chosen over Dixie (a fighter) in a fighting game, just because of her popularity.
So what if they didn't originally fight? Wii Fit Trainer didn't fight in her game either. R.O.B. is just a toy. He can't fight. Why single out a prominent character like Isabelle? If you want to encourage people to support Dixie Kong, don't lash out at other characters while doing so.

StormC

Smash Hero
I totally understand people want Rhythm Heaven characters (there's a fan for at least every character out there), but c'mon: we all know there's about 5 or so characters left on the board that people have been clamoring for for ages (Geno, Isaac, Dixie, Bandana Dee, and then Banjo/Skull Kid to a lesser degree [probably forgetting someone]); at least give me Dixie and Bandana Dee and then you can have your Rhythm Heaven rep - I already got my Ridley and Rool (and Geno and Banjo will just be icing on the cake), but I'm just going by what people have wanted over the last 10 years. Not trying to be selfish.
Contrary to belief, Sakurai doesn't pick characters based on what Smashboards pages have the most threads.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Fair post, but this guy has had 10+ years to mull how Dixie would play in Smash.
Considering how he initially wanted to make Diddy and Dixie a tag-team in Brawl, and probably wanted to make her an Echo this time around, I’d rather he take all his time. Ganondorf shows you get stuck with whatever moveset you start with.

And in that middle part you mentioned Dixie like she was actually in the game?

You realize if the Grinch leak is true, that’s 5 out of 8 of the long-demanded characters you list? I think after giving us that Sakurai deserves to make one or two personal picks. Whoever doesn’t make it in is a shoe-in for DLC, so it does feel a little selfish of you.

Dan

Smash Lord
So what if they didn't originally fight? Wii Fit Trainer didn't fight in her game either. R.O.B. is just a toy. He can't fight. Why single out a prominent character like Isabelle? If you want to encourage people to support Dixie Kong, don't lash out at other characters while doing so.
lol, Wii Fit Trainer was a stupid pick as well, but ROB's kinda alright cause he had a bit of a return in Mario Kart (who remembers that?) and was prominent in the SSE; tbh, I wasn't too crazy about him either, but he's part of the family now. You learn to love these characters.

It's kind of a fighting game... idk; like idk why they chose Falcon over Bowser or someone in the first game, but whatever. I guess variety trumps all.

Contrary to belief, Sakurai doesn't pick characters based on what Smashboards pages have the most threads.
But it's an indicator of what the people who care most want, no?

You realize if the Grinch leak is true, that’s 5 out of 8 of the long-demanded characters you list? I think after giving us that Sakurai deserves to make one or two personal picks. Whoever doesn’t make it in is a shoe-in for DLC, so it does feel a little selfish of you.
This game is clearly fanservice; why not just go all in with it, and lock his own personal picks behind a paywall?

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
It's an indicator of what probably roughly 5% of the people want. And that's being generous, maybe it's even less people.

Don't fool yourself into thinking Smashboards represents the entirety of the people that will be buying and playing a Smash Brothers game. Or that you individually understand perfectly what the community wants or not.

Last edited:

cybersai

Smash Ace
Dixie is just part of the core cast of DK, Diddy, Dixie and K. Rool. The DK roster doesn't feel complete without her.

Sure if she was in a long time ago you'd probably see people making cases for Cranky and Funky now, but eh....they would just be extra. I'd be content if the DK lineup in Smash just stays at 4 forever.

And god knows it took us 17 years just to get K. Rool and maybe Dixie in Smash....I'm not going to bother spending the next 10 years of my life thinking about Cranky or Funky, lol

StormC

Smash Hero
This game is clearly fanservice; why not just go all in with it, and lock his own personal picks behind a paywall?
Because Sakurai is an artist and he will do whatever fulfills his vision. Some people have this idea that a Smash roster is either "promotional picks that tie into recent games," or "all fanservice characters," or there's no in between. What if Sakurai wanted fanservice to be a component of this game but still had his own artistic decisions he wanted to inflict on it? You can't really say after adding potentially four ballot characters, he's ignoring fanservice. Dixie wasn't exactly a megastar on the ballot, let's be honest. There was a ballot for fans to make their voices heard; Sakurai is going to use those as his basis.

The fact that noise is being made now is irrelevant to a design document that was settled on almost three years ago. Quit acting so entitled.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Being around in the boards for quite a while,, it's been messy how fanbases get around these parts - and sometimes it tends to cost plenty of enjoyment from people along the way. Sm4sh Speculation Era felt full of this.... like back when people claimed on about Chrom being the "shoe-in" to Sm4sh on:4robinm:-fans, had them built enough spite to unleash it all the way out after :ultchrom: got brutally deconfirmed. Someone gladly saw their errors however and apologized to me

Gladly things haven't managed to progress that point this time, probably due how Ultimate's kept to it's recurring claim of becoming the "Ultimate Smash", and brought in plenty of highly requested characters to accomodate that. This has brought the community together more than ever before, which has been highly fortunate, especially with how I like to see people of this community be in more harmony instead of hate others needlessly around.

So, trying to direct animosity on Dixie's exclusion from the base game at other characters that got currently confirmed, is bound to breed toxicity to not only the fans involved, but yourself as well. I highly suggest not practice such mindset.

It's why I hope that these all various fanbases will band together to enjoy this game and support each other to the very end with it, even if their characters hopes might differ. Kinda like, All for One, and One For All, towards the most Ultimate Super Smash Bros.

This is after all, the very best we can get up to this point...

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Eh. I don't know about that many. If Donkey Kong had five unique reps and an echo in Ultimate, I'm definitely sure some people would yell "Donkey Kong bias!". Let's not forget that people accused Sakurai of being biased towards Kirby and Star Fox in Brawl, and those only had three reps each.
I'm not a Donkey Kong fan so I can't say I understand everything about the franchise, but I've always thought Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, King K. Rool and Dixie Kong would be the ideal playable representation for the franchise.

Characters like Cranky or Funky seem more like window dressing than characters that actually feel necessary. (unless they can be added as echoes, which presumably Funky can)

That's just the input from someone outside the franchise looking in though.

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
I think the healthiest character additions to a franchise is as follows: Main character (/s if they are a duo or group) > Main villain, if any > Main secondary characters who should really deserve it (hence why Fire Emblem or Pokemon for instance are tricky cases).

I think with this formula anyone could be satisfied with representation. Consider Ridley and K. Rool's huge roster voids in previous entries (could you imagine no Bowser until Brawl or Smash 4?), or how in franchises like Kid Icarus, getting Dark Pit before someone like Medusa or Hades can be somewhat irritating.

If we take the DK franchise we have: DK > K. Rool > Diddy and Dixie

By main secondary character I mean someone who has had a huge presence in the franchise and even be the main in some entries. Dixie has appeared in both DKC2 and DKC3, her main drawback not being in 64 though... But still, she was presented as what Diddy is to DK when DK is not around.

As I read above somewhere, DLC truly means Dixie's Last Chance, if she's not in this Smash at all, she would depend on future appearances in DK games with the hope of a hypothetical Smash 6 or else she would become an anachronistic niche pick like a Gen 3 or 5 Pokemon nowadays. Kinda Captain Syrup's or Vaati's position.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
As much as I love Dixie, I have to say 64 is a stretch--even Mario only had two characters in that game.

I like what I'm hearing with the whole "Dixie is the only truly missing character" mindset that you guys seem to have, because it's the same mindset I have as well. The only other characters I can think of who had their own games yet still aren't in Smash are Tingle and Captain Toad.

Nonetheless, yeah, let's keep it positive regarding the competition in here. I am not personally a fan of Skull Kid and Bandana Dee, but many people are and that's okay. I don't want the Dixie fanbase to be considered "one of THOSE fanbases".
Yeah...bad enough that Waluigi fans are being branded demons because of a few crappy nutjobs, I wouldn't want to see Dixie or even Lanky ones seen as such.

As for Tingle, I think Sakurai consciously treats him like a joke, because it'd be severely unwise to put him in before fan-favorites like Impa and Skull Kid.

I'm not a Donkey Kong fan so I can't say I understand everything about the franchise, but I've always thought Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, King K. Rool and Dixie Kong would be the ideal playable representation for the franchise.

Characters like Cranky or Funky seem more like window dressing than characters that actually feel necessary. (unless they can be added as echoes, which presumably Funky can)

Well, consider the following: :ultmario: managed to have everyone important in (apart from Toad), and the window dressing characters started to arrive once 4 happened. Compared to that, :ultdk:went through 4 games just to have his sidekick and villain. 4. Poor lug's series has suffered from bad timing after bad timing Smash-wise, between Microsoft's Rare buyout and Retro taking increasingly long to make DKC games, despite being an undeniably huge series.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero

I would compare Cranky to characters like Rosalina and Bandana Dee, characters with a recent playable role and also significant NPC presence, but not necessarily part of the "core cast." Once Dixie gets in, he's definitely next in line, but I wouldn't be losing sleep over him getting in Smash. Funky is best suited as an echo, anything more is completely unnecessary.

If Dixie somehow misses DLC though, I'm sure she'll still be around for the franchise's future and will be in a good spot going forward.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
If that other leak about Dixie being cut a second time is true I'd be really shocked if she wasn't among the first dlc characters released.

Barring there being no dlc at all I think Dixie is a really safe bet at this point.

Last edited:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
We first need to know whether Dixie Kong has a major non-playable role or not in Ultimate. That is the biggest contingency to whether Dixie Kong even has a shot at becoming DLC for Ultimate. We have only 40 days left until the game's release, and the final pre-release Nintendo Direct will likely happen at least a week prior to the game's release. It could happen as early as next week. We might very well be around only ten days until we know for certain the remainder to this game's roster.

Regardless, for Dixie Kong, a concern is whether she could possible end up as being part of Diddy Kong's Final Smash or a new Assist Trophy. We shall find out in the weeks ahead, for better or worse.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
lol, Wii Fit Trainer was a stupid pick as well, but ROB's kinda alright cause he had a bit of a return in Mario Kart (who remembers that?) and was prominent in the SSE; tbh, I wasn't too crazy about him either, but he's part of the family now. You learn to love these characters.

It's kind of a fighting game... idk; like idk why they chose Falcon over Bowser or someone in the first game, but whatever. I guess variety trumps all.

You don’t know if it was Sakurai’s personal picks that caused Dixie to be kicked to DLC. Hell, for all we know, Banjo was added to the game midway through development and that caused characters to be cut. Are you really going to say that isn’t making a decision for the sake of fanservice?

cybersai

Smash Ace
Dixie won't be in Diddy's final Smash, relax. Sakurai never puts characters who could be playable and are requests in final Smash. Likewise Dixie was never an Assist, likely because she was always considered to be playable.

It's characters stuck in assist trophy hell like Waluigi, Ashley, Lyn, Krystal, etc. that seem doomed there unless they get huge requests or become mascots of their franchises. (granted Waluigi may very well become playable NEXT Smash, but I don't see him for DLC)

Dixie Kong never being an Assist either is a blessing in disguise.

Top Bottom