• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Here is an unfortunate scenario to think about that could very well happen. There are only 14 veterans left for the website to give an update to that are left. Diddy Kong is one of those 14. Diddy Kong's Final Smash also is among the the few characters whose Final Smash is still unknown. There is the possibility that Dixie Kong has been incorporated into Diddy's Kong new Final Smash. If that is the case, I really wish this was known back in June. On the plus side, it will at least make me stop with speculation once the game finally releases. I would stick around for the DLC period just for Dixie Kong, but without Dixie Kong, there is nothing else to keep me around.

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
Ugh, having Dixie in a final smash would be so disheartening. I've been afraid of that as well. I hate that characters can't be promoted through DLC.

SuperJumpmon64

Smash Cadet
Here is an unfortunate scenario to think about that could very well happen. There are only 14 veterans left for the website to give an update to that are left. Diddy Kong is one of those 14. Diddy Kong's Final Smash also is among the the few characters whose Final Smash is still unknown. There is the possibility that Dixie Kong has been incorporated into Diddy's Kong new Final Smash. If that is the case, I really wish this was known back in June. On the plus side, it will at least make me stop with speculation once the game finally releases. I would stick around for the DLC period just for Dixie Kong, but without Dixie Kong, there is nothing else to keep me around.
Oh God I hope that doesn't happen....However, imo, if Dixie was gonna be part of Diddy's Final Smash, then we would've been told about this back at E3.

Gobliiin

Smash Apprentice
Chrom use to be part of a final smash and looked what happened there. I know we're talking two separate games but it's not impossible that they could change it or have her in both as a final smash and playable.

They could just have it that she's playable and then Diddy is swapped into her final smash (obviously implications if there is an enemy Diddy/Dixie but at the same time having several Ridley/Samus in game is the same really)

Had another thought and I know it wouldn't be well recieve or ever happen. What if they changed Diddy so his final smash was Dixie. They do the Kong Pow move from Tropical Freeze and it swaps them after. So essentially a transform like we had before with other characters/games where you could select which one you use at the start. Would mean she's in and the tag team mechanic finally got used.

Last edited:

Gobliiin

Smash Apprentice
Oh, that would be terrible! Dixie would be locked behind final smashes and items.
As I said I know it's a 'bad' idea but you could still pick her at the start of the match if you wanted to play as her. Unless you add in a new gimmick or button combination for them to switch. Unlikely they would change Diddy that much but you never know.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Rumor has it according to a 4Chan post from the banner leak Dixie along with Monster Hunter and Ray were cut from the game. There's still the possibility of the former two being in as DLC though. Ray though I personally can't see.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
I’m back to say that if Dixie doesn’t make it, I’ll be left with at least a month of questioning how Metroid, which has less viable characters (as well as less popular) ended up with more reps than one of the biggest series Nintendo has to offer.

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
Yeah, it's a little questionable how a series that mainly focuses on one person alone traversing the innards of planets has more characters than Donkey Kong, which has at least 10 viable candidates.

Ugh. We need Dixie Kong.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Don't start with this us vs. them stuff, especially against Samus and co. If there's one true ally the DK fanbase has, it's the Metroid fanbase.
What you say might be true with regards to Smash, but...

*remembers all the people ****ting on Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze because it wasn't Metroid Prime 4*

Gobliiin

Smash Apprentice
Actually....How would Dixie work in Diddy's FS?
The only way I can really think of it working other than what I said about 'tag team' is if Dixie joins Diddy in some sort of music/band final smash kinda like the end of DKC2/3. Which is pretty tenuous at best.

Last edited:

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
honestly the way ive been picturing it is just diddy throwing dixie really hard as she bounces around the stage like a pinball KOing enemies

its a little absurd but amusing

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
If anything I fear Dixie would be an assist trophy over a new Final Smash for Diddy. I think Diddy will still use the peanut popgun and barrel pack. I''m imagining something like this:

He flies high in the stage and just spins and shoots peanuts everywhere or something.

DeniroSerafim

Smash Apprentice
So, there may actually be some hope after all.
Artsy Omni hosted a livestream going into detail explaining why the 'leak' everyone was so sure is real is actually more than likely fake. After watching it myself, it really seems as though this was all an elaborate hoax. The discrepancies between the backgrounds are really hard to ignore, it definitely seems like someone was trying their best to recreate the background without realizing there was an official version out there. It seems to me like we're back to where we were before guys. Dixie being in the base game is a possibility again.

Gobliiin

Smash Apprentice
I'm not convinced but who knows. It won't be long till we find out anyway seeing as the game itself is only 6 weeks away!

DeniroSerafim

Smash Apprentice
The way I see it, if the leak isn't real then that just means Dixie still has a shot at being in the base roster. If it is real, then that means far less competition from popular characters for DLC. Either way, I think things may work out for us in the end. That being said, I'm definitely leaning towards it being fake.

Last edited:

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
Dixie needs to be on the game :( there's always hope for DLC if the leak turns out to be true

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Don't start with this us vs. them stuff, especially against Samus and co. If there's one true ally the DK fanbase has, it's the Metroid fanbase.
Yeah, and besides, almost all the biggest Metroid wants are in now, so that leaves lotsa legroom for DK. It's not like there will be massive begging for any bounty hunter that isn't Sylux.

What you say might be true with regards to Smash, but...

*remembers all the people ****ting on Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze because it wasn't Metroid Prime 4*
And then the latter eventually was confirmed to be in production. Not by Retro, even. Some people have no patience.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I will not be too disappointed if that leak is true. However, I will stand by my old statement that a Smash Ultimate without playable Dixie is not really ultimate.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Ugh, having Dixie in a final smash would be so disheartening. I've been afraid of that as well. I hate that characters can't be promoted through DLC.
There's no way she's going to be in a Final Smash in a universe where Ridley, King K. Rool, and Dark Samus are in the roster.

If anything I fear Dixie would be an assist trophy over a new Final Smash for Diddy. I think Diddy will still use the peanut popgun and barrel pack. I''m imagining something like this:

He flies high in the stage and just spins and shoots peanuts everywhere or something.
If Dixie was an Assist Trophy, K. Rool would have been a boss in Spirits Mode. It's not happening, no sir.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So, there may actually be some hope after all.
Artsy Omni hosted a livestream going into detail explaining why the 'leak' everyone was so sure is real is actually more than likely fake. After watching it myself, it really seems as though this was all an elaborate hoax. The discrepancies between the backgrounds are really hard to ignore, it definitely seems like someone was trying their best to recreate the background without realizing there was an official version out there. It seems to me like we're back to where we were before guys. Dixie being in the base game is a possibility again.
Elaborate would be a gross understatement considering:

-it involved an actual printing studio

-showed a blank Battlefield that we haven't seen before

-dragged in an actual employee of said studio

-actually made said studio release a public statement of fear of legal reprecussions

-involved the Grinch as a weird red herring

-involved obscure details in the characters that your typical Smash fan wouldn't consider like Isaac using Growth

So, to be totally fake, the leaker:

-had to be a professional graphic designer and have access to a private design studio

-had to have set up everything themselves in said private studio

-had to have eclectic knowledge of potential Smash candidates

-had to totally not care about the potential legal reprecussions of falsely dragging a entire company and a middle aged employee through the mud

-had to have totally not cared about throwing away their career over a fake leak

-had to create commercial grade Grinch promotions "just because"

If all true, this quickly goes from elaborate to goofy comic book villian diabolical.

DeniroSerafim

Smash Apprentice
Elaborate would be a gross understatement considering:

-it involved an actual printing studio

-showed a blank Battlefield that we haven't seen before

-dragged in an actual employee of said studio

-actually made said studio release a public statement of fear of legal reprecussions

-involved the Grinch as a weird red herring

-involved obscure details in the characters that your typical Smash fan wouldn't consider like Isaac using Growth

So, to be totally fake, the leaker:

-had to be a professional graphic designer and have access to a private design studio

-had to have set up everything themselves in said private studio

-had to have eclectic knowledge of potential Smash candidates

-had to totally not care about the potential legal reprecussions of falsely dragging a entire company and a middle aged employee through the mud

-had to have totally not cared about throwing away their career over a fake leak

-had to create commercial grade Grinch promotions "just because"

If all true, this quickly goes from elaborate to goofy comic book villian diabolical.
Just because it seems like a waste of time to us, doesn't mean other people feel the same. Yeah, this leak is very well put together, but there are clear holes here.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
That wouldn't even be all that bad, only for Ultimate's life cycle. Dixie could become the 'new Chrom', and have booming popularity because of it. :ultchrom:

I told the same to the Toad supporters about their situation of being included in Peach and Daisy's movesets... Seeing how many characters in this game got major upgrades from their last roles specifically ; :ultinkling::ultkrool::ultisabelle::ultchrom: (:ultmiifighters: costumes) :ultdarksamus::ultisabelle: (Assist Trophy) :ultridley: (stage obstacle) :ultchrom: (Final Smash of :ultrobin:) this could actually be a great thing in the end.

Certainly not ideal, but thinking of the long run, it might just be in our favor.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It's not a matter of wasted time, it's the issue of causing real world damage and potentially ruining their life for a fake leak. This paints a very specific profile of someone who is very talented but either a total moron or a nihilist. Who would go through this much effort with this much lopsided risk for a fake leak? This is the profile of someone who makes pipe bombs for specific targets in their garage, not someone who tries to trick random strangers on the internet.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

I suspect this too. Either this, or Rambi.

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
You'd think we'd have seen a new build of the game by now. We're like 42 days away... I want to see Diddy in action already!

Luigi player

Smash Master
Maybe they are planning for DLC already if characters got cut anyway. I mean.. if there isn't enough time and they had the lowest priority (echoes don't count) they won't make it into the base roster. They probably also don't want to delay the game because of some more characters (which should be a good thing if they are planning to add them as DLC since we will have the game already and will just get them when they're ready anyway).

Now they do need some popular choices for DLC anyway! Sure, they could advertise some new games (Gen 8 Pokemon rep), maybe even bring other newer characters into the game like Springman from Arms.. and of course possibly some third parties.. but there could be more Nintendo characters.
Remember Lucas, Roy, ..? They were "easy" to include because they already existed. Kinda the same for Mewtwo at the beginning of Smash Wii U.
Dixie could easily be added this way if they had already started working on and had ideas for her, unless they ran into a serious problem (because of her hair? But I really don't see it as such a problem tbh, at this time getting a few hair physics into the game shouldn't be that difficult).

Obviously Dixie would be in if she was an echo, she's popular and important enough for that, but she isn't (well, probably and hopefully; and assuming the leak is true). So let's just hope she makes it as DLC.

If the leak is fake, then I still don't really expect her to be in the base roster. Either way imo she'd need to be added as DLC and hopefully she will.. her getting considered again and cut (probably because of time constraints..) is getting my hopes up more than not knowing if she was already worked on again or not planned for the base game. So that leak would be good for her imo. Not perfect because she isn't added (of course it would still be possible she makes the base roster as unique if the leak is fake), but still pretty decent.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I kind of said already before about the implications like this, but would think it should have been shown eons back around E3 to us, much like Ness and Lucas having their party members in their FS's.

Seems like others said this already as well, hunh...

That wouldn't even be all that bad, only for Ultimate's life cycle. Dixie could become the 'new Chrom', and have booming popularity because of it. :ultchrom:

I told the same to the Toad supporters about their situation of being included in Peach and Daisy's movesets... Seeing how many characters in this game got major upgrades from their last roles specifically ; :ultinkling::ultkrool::ultisabelle::ultchrom: (:ultmiifighters: costumes) :ultdarksamus::ultisabelle: (Assist Trophy) :ultridley: (stage obstacle) :ultchrom: (Final Smash of :ultrobin:) this could actually be a great thing in the end.

Certainly not ideal, but thinking of the long run, it might just be in our favor.
To be frank, I kind of wonder how to bother with Toad anymore after noticing Geno being part of the leak. Sakurai adding Geno due better perceived appeal and moveset and leaving Toad on the NPC-roles for about 4 games now isn't really screaming "becomes playable in the future".

Unless he becomes insanely popular himself to rival the biggest wishes to Smash up to this point,, I think Toad's probably gonna be forever on Sakurai's "blacklist"- so far being constantly forced on designated NPC-roles to Peach or be in background of stages - which has allowed Sakurai move on to other Mario-characters he deems more interesting in playable potential.

On Dixie though, I kind of think it's more hopeful to her, since it looks like she was seriously considered twice so far - unless she becomes a Smash-equivalent of Mega Flygon in Pokemon-series. (Was gonna be a thing in ORAS, but never happened due a lousy artblock.)

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
On Dixie though, I kind of think it's more hopeful to her, since it looks like she was seriously considered twice so far - unless she becomes a Smash-equivalent of Mega Flygon in Pokemon-series. (Was gonna be a thing in ORAS, but never happened due a lousy artblock.)
If I had any artistic ability at all I would totally make a animated short of a thought I just had. You know how we all picture the characters being "invited" to Smash!? Well I had a funny idea for a animated short where like the first scene is Dixie getting an invite to Smash circa 2007-2008 for Brawl and she's like super excited to join. Cut to scene two, we see Dixie running towards the Smash Bus but just barely missed it and the camera slowly pans to the left of her and we see standing alongside her Roy, Dr. Mario, Mewtwo, Tetra, and Plusle & Minin who just missed the bus as well. scene 3 jumps to 2013-15 and we see Dixie sleeping but is waken up by a loud bus outside and we see Roy, Dr. Mario, and Mewtwo get on board. Final scene we jump to the year 2018 and Dixie has gotten her invite and is determined to make it to Smash this time! The bus comes early. Dixie sprints after the Smash Bus but she see's K.Rool get on board the bus, as the bus is driving away K.Rool peaks his head out the window see's Dixie chasing after it and he turns and does this in his seat:

The animation ends with "THE END!?"

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
Dixie deserves her rematch with K Rool. The first time they fought he was obviously holding back.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
If I had any artistic ability at all I would totally make a animated short of a thought I just had. You know how we all picture the characters being "invited" to Smash!? Well I had a funny idea for a animated short where like the first scene is Dixie getting an invite to Smash circa 2007-2008 for Brawl and she's like super excited to join. Cut to scene two, we see Dixie running towards the Smash Bus but just barely missed it and the camera slowly pans to the left of her and we see standing alongside her Roy, Dr. Mario, Mewtwo, Tetra, and Plusle & Minin who just missed the bus as well. scene 3 jumps to 2013-15 and we see Dixie sleeping but is waken up by a loud bus outside and we see Roy, Dr. Mario, and Mewtwo get on board. Final scene we jump to the year 2018 and Dixie has gotten her invite and is determined to make it to Smash this time! The bus comes early. Dixie sprints after the Smash Bus but she see's K.Rool get on board the bus, as the bus is driving away K.Rool peaks his head out the window see's Dixie chasing after it and he turns and does this in his seat:

The animation ends with "THE END!?"
I got to admit, I'd love to see this. It does perfectly describe what's supposedly going on with Dixie right now. Pretty bittersweet as of now, though. I really hope the end's not bad for Dixie.

Now I suppose, perhaps with other characters that'd be 1st DLC Wave on SSBU, she could probably build her way there at very hardest, and gets some help from those characters (I suspect those would be likes of Bandana Dee, Rayman, and other fellows that were highly requested, but have also missed their boat for a good while.)

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
^Good point, ha.

So are we waiting for the leak to get confirmed/debunked to start up all the social media campaigning?

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Dixie's likely on the front burner for DLC if this is true anyways. Cut from Brawl and supposedly cut from this game, giving her the honor of being the only character that's ever been cut twice. She's basically this game's Lucas as a worse case scenario.

SeashoreWar

Smash Journeyman
Since there's been some support shown from the Bandana Dee fanbase over the past couple days, it made me wanna do a sketch!

Top Bottom