• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

cybersai

Smash Ace
I am pretty sure Sakurai made Chrom part of Robin's Final Smash in Smash 4.
He wasn't intended to be playable back then.

Dixie wouldn't suddenly be pushed into Diddy's Final Smash, it's just people freaking out with doomsday scenarios.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
He wasn't intended to be playable back then.

Dixie wouldn't suddenly be pushed into Diddy's Final Smash, it's just people freaking out with doomsday scenarios.
Sakurai considered Chrom for playable status, but then thought he was too similar to Marth and Ike, and wanted something "fresher" to represent Fire Emblem.

I do not rule out undesirable scenarios for Smash Bros., because a lot of the time they do come true.

StormC

Smash Hero
I think there is a low chance of Dixie being in Diddy's Final Smash but there is a chance. I don't see her being an AT though.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I like what I'm hearing with the whole "Dixie is the only truly missing character" mindset that you guys seem to have, because it's the same mindset I have as well. The only other characters I can think of who had their own games yet still aren't in Smash are Tingle and Captain Toad.
I feel that way with:

:ultmario: Toad, Captain Toad, Toadette
:ultpikachu: Meowth, Team Rocket

I feel Smash is missing those characters and Dixie Kong.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I feel that way with:

:ultmario: Toad, Captain Toad, Toadette
:ultpikachu: Meowth, Team Rocket

I feel Smash is missing those characters and Dixie Kong.
I feel the lack of a person from the "mushroom people" is a very conspicuous absence for representation for the Super Mario series. All three of those versions for Toad have impressive resumes at this point. Its very odd especially considering the impressive resume even Toad had going to Melee. Now in 2018, we are at the point where three different members to the "mushroom people" are notable enough to be a playable character.

Aside from Dixie Kong and Toad/Captain Toad/Toadette, the only other characters left that seem missing from Smash Bros. (if the Grinch leak does end up being true) are Bandanna Dee and Paper Mario. Bandanna Dee has flat out been Kirby's sole sidekick in titles so far (Rainbow Curse and Battle Royale), while Paper Mario has a whole sub-series dedicated to him

However, out of all of these, I feel Dixie Kong is the biggest omission. She had not one, but TWO massive sellers during the 1990's. I thought Tropical Freeze would boost her stock, but that does not appear to be so (aside from making her relevant again).

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I feel like we're transitioning into a new era for Dixie.

Before, I feel like the most attention Dixie got was in the context of K. Rool. In the fandom at large, her controversy was limited to being "not K. Rool", a rallying point for people who disliked K. Rool to stop the character in Smash. I hate to say that because I really love Dixie but it definitely felt like Dixie was most "relevant" in Smash discussions as that, the "anti K. Rool".

Now, we're starting to see controversy and fever all about Dixie and nobody else. As annoying as that echo debates can be, it's Dixie-sourced controversy. And interestingly, there is a healthy and important backlash to the idea that she should be an echo. How exciting. It's Dixie's hair reaching through the television screen, reaching out to grab our hands and shake it but accidentally poking our eye out instead. Love it!

Now that King K Rool is in and moved his phat butt off her face, the Dixie fandom can breathe more and every breath can be about HER.

There's a fighting spirit in the Dixie fandom! She will be fine.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I'll throw my two cents in: for a theoretical campaign, I feel like "Where the hair is Dixie" verges on being too aggressive sounding. I dunno, I just feel like for these sort of things (especially the sort of things Treehouse people might see), being humble and going hat in hand is the best bet, especially if Grinch is real and we are really looking at a roster of over eighty characters, including tons of fan favorites. I think there needs to be a way to show our gratitude for how much Sakurai did for the fans in this game while also asking politely for Dixie as well.

Also, Team Rocket isn't missing any more than Ash is.

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Lol. I agree. I'm just joking because I like to make hair puns. I am not joking about the Wrinkly Kong hashtag, though.

But I agree, we have to walk the line of being appreciative of an incredible game and package while still saying, "We feel Dixie Kong is missing".

StormC

Smash Hero
Also, forgot to comment,

Before, I feel like the most attention Dixie got was in the context of K. Rool. In the fandom at large, her controversy was limited to being "not K. Rool", a rallying point for people who disliked K. Rool to stop the character in Smash. I hate to say that because I really love Dixie but it definitely felt like Dixie was most "relevant" in Smash discussions as that, the "anti K. Rool".
I agree with this 100% and it's very unfortunate that it came to this. Most of the time Dixie came up in discussion (outside of this thread), she was used as a tool to bash K. Rool, and rarely by people who actually actively support Dixie, but simply as someone to downplay K. Rool. K. Rool was rarely brought up as a point of contention in this thread and the few times I did see someone go after him, people here rightfully shut it down. Why K. Rool garnered such a large anti-fanbase to the point of using another Donkey Kong character as a prop to knock him down, I couldn't tell you, other than people being petty.

My hope is once the dust settles on the base game, Dixie can get the momentum and attention she deserves - and needs.

Dan

Smash Lord
It's an indicator of what probably roughly 5% of the people want. And that's being generous, maybe it's even less people.

Don't fool yourself into thinking Smashboards represents the entirety of the people that will be buying and playing a Smash Brothers game. Or that you individually understand perfectly what the community wants or not.
All I'm saying is the people who care most are on Smashboards, and 95% of the people buying the game couldn't even name half the roster, nor care; it's common sense what characters people have wanted over the last 10 years.

You ignored the "who care most" part; I know someone's opinion isn't better if they're on Smashboards, but like I said: it's common sense who the most demanded characters have been. Don't make it so complicated.

Because Sakurai is an artist and he will do whatever fulfills his vision. Some people have this idea that a Smash roster is either "promotional picks that tie into recent games," or "all fanservice characters," or there's no in between. What if Sakurai wanted fanservice to be a component of this game but still had his own artistic decisions he wanted to inflict on it? You can't really say after adding potentially four ballot characters, he's ignoring fanservice. Dixie wasn't exactly a megastar on the ballot, let's be honest. There was a ballot for fans to make their voices heard; Sakurai is going to use those as his basis.

The fact that noise is being made now is irrelevant to a design document that was settled on almost three years ago. Quit acting so entitled.
Ridley wasn't his vision, K. Rool wasn't his vision; he just did those for the fans, because if he wanted them they would've been in in Brawl, so I guess I'll take what I can get.

Sorry for being a paying customer for a video game... the customer is always right bro; this is no charity. I'll be "entitled" all day and night over a game. It's really not that big of a deal.

And I'm coming from a selfless perspective because all I really wanted from the game was Ridley and Rool; Geno and Banjo are just icing on the cake, and if Dixie/Bandana are not DLC, then I can't help but feel bad for their supporters.

You don’t know if it was Sakurai’s personal picks that caused Dixie to be kicked to DLC. Hell, for all we know, Banjo was added to the game midway through development and that caused characters to be cut. Are you really going to say that isn’t making a decision for the sake of fanservice?
pls cut Chorus Kids instead of Dixie.

All in all, the Smash newcomer class is subjective, so I guess I'm done now... I don't think I can win a three on one either. :laugh:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Ash Ketchum is represented through Pikachu (his main Pokémon) and Pokémon Trainer (Red is his video game counterpart and he had Squirtle and Charizard).

Team Rocket is not represented in Smash. We don't have Pokémon villain organizations represented in Smash.

This is Dixie Kong support thread. Do you want to take this to the Meowth support thread?

StormC

Smash Hero
Ridley wasn't his vision, K. Rool wasn't his vision; he just did those for the fans, because if he wanted them they would've been in in Brawl, so I guess I'll take what I can get.

Sorry for being a paying customer for a video game... the customer is always right bro; this is no charity. I'll be "entitled" all day and night over a game. It's really not that big of a deal.

And I'm coming from a selfless perspective because all I really wanted from the game was Ridley and Rool; Geno and Banjo are just icing on the cake, and if Dixie/Bandana are not DLC, then I can't help but feel bad for their supporters.
You're acting entitled because your expectations are completely unrealistic. We're looking at a roster with potentially half a dozen "fan favorites," not including returning veterans that were also popular on the ballot. How the hell would Sakurai galaxy brain himseIf to know that Dixie would have a popular Smashboards thread three years after deciding on the roster? You say it's "common sense who the most demanded characters are?"

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...w5m-b4JHJ0_cGRKU15KYlTe1E/edit#gid=1483868529

Dixie didn't even make the top 20 on this cumulative spreadsheet. Even Simon Belmont is above her. Geno too. If she didn't rock the ballot hardcore and K. Rool did, then why is it seen as some spit in the face of "fanservice" if she didn't make it? It's fine to be disappointed that Dixie didn't make it, but publicly taking it out on the characters who did make it in, whether or not they were more popular, is not going to get Dixie anywhere.

I say this seeing the same things happen in the Ridley and K. Rool threads. A Rhythm Heaven character is not "stealing" a spot from a DK character. This isn't how game development works.

Do you want to take this to the Meowth support thread?
Nope.

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
You're acting entitled because your expectations are completely unrealistic. We're looking at a roster with potentially half a dozen "fan favorites," not including returning veterans that were also popular on the ballot. How the hell would Sakurai galaxy brain himseIf to know that Dixie would have a popular Smashboards thread three years after deciding on the roster? You say it's "common sense who the most demanded characters are?"

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...w5m-b4JHJ0_cGRKU15KYlTe1E/edit#gid=1483868529

Dixie didn't even make the top 20 on this cumulative spreadsheet. Even Simon Belmont is above her. Geno too. If she didn't rock the ballot hardcore and K. Rool did, then why is it seen as some spit in the face of "fanservice" if she didn't make it? It's fine to be disappointed that Dixie didn't make it, but publicly taking it out on the characters who did make it in, whether or not they were more popular, is not going to get Dixie anywhere.

I say this seeing the same things happen in the Ridley and K. Rool threads. A Rhythm Heaven character is not "stealing" a spot from a DK character. This isn't how game development works.
Because she's been a steady top 7 request for the last 10 years, and hasn't completely fallen off like someone like Krystal (who I used to be a supporter of).

They just need to open a public results, one vote per person voting poll for the world so this can be settled once and for all, and if she isn't up there, I'll gladly take the L. I am a massive propenent of them doing a public poll, and then just doing the top 10 characters (obviously they can't do Goku and ****); this should be a game for the people, from the people, and Sakurai should just be the mediator; he should be honored to have the license.

Characters steal spots from characters: time = time. If I told the team to not do Chorus Kids and do Dixie instead, then she would be in the game (and probably would take less time as a semi-clone); that's how things work.

Last edited:

cybersai

Smash Ace
The Toad's at least fight with Peach/Daisy. Also keep in mind Toadette's rising stardom (she's in like every mainline Mario game now), will probably make her and Captain Toad male/female alts of each other in either DLC or a future game. I don't think Toad needed to be playable until Captain Toad got his own game, and now with Toadette it seems it'll happen eventually. But since the Toad's are in Peach's moveset he doesn't feel like a glaring ommission.

Dixie is the biggest missing character. Paper Mario you can obviously make a case for but again he's just another third variation of Mario, and I fear he'd get the Toon Link treatment and not get all unique paper moves. Bandana Dee again is a 4th tier Kirby character just in recent games.

Dixie is the biggest ommision also because she's THE OLDEST. DKC2 came out in 1995...she has a 20+ year headstart on most of the others who didn't become relevant till long after she did.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Dixie Kong is up there with Toad with the character with the worst luck pertaining to Smash Bros.

Being a Toad supporter for Smash Bros. is being a glutton for humiliation and punishment.
The problem with Toad is that it is not a character. All of the fighters in the Smash roster are their own characters, with the exception of Pokemon Trainer, Villager, Inkling, Robin, Mii Fighters, Wii Fit Trainer, and Corrin. These are avatar characters, hence why they each have male and female variations. Toad is not an avatar, either. It is a species. One might say, "but what about Yoshi and the Pokemon?" First of all, Yoshi is the star of his own franchise. The Yoshi in Smash is directly based off the Yoshi that starred in Yoshi’s Island. As for the Pokemon, each of them are based off specific ones from the anime and movies. The Pikachu and Greninja in Smash are directly based off the ones used by Ash. The Jigglypuff in Smash is based off the same one from the anime that put people to sleep and drew on their faces. The Mewtwo in Smash is based off the antagonist from the first movie. The Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Chairzard in Smash all belong to the Pokemon Trainer who is based off of Red (Leaf for the female version). The Pichu in Smash is based off the one from the Pikachu and Pichu short. The Lucario in Smash is based off the one from the eighth Pokemon movie. Toad cannot be playable because it is not a specific entity. "What about the Toad that was playable in SMB2 (USA)?" one may ask. Could that be considered a character? The answer is no. The Toad in that game didn’t have any unique abilities. It also had blue spots, which not every Toad has. When people see Yoshi in the roster, they know it is THE Yoshi from his franchise. If a Toad were to be playable, it would need to have a moveset based off of many different kinds of Toads, so nobody would know exactly which game that particular one came from. The only Toad that can be considered his own character is Captain Toad, and that is not an all-star.
I think the healthiest character additions to a franchise is as follows: Main character (/s if they are a duo or group) > Main villain, if any > Main secondary characters who should really deserve it (hence why Fire Emblem or Pokemon for instance are tricky cases).

If we take the DK franchise we have: DK > K. Rool > Diddy and Dixie.
I feel like one could make the argument that Dixie is more important than K. Rool though. She has been playable in multiple mainline games while K. Rool wasn't playable in any. In addition, she has always managed to stay relatively active within her series, only missing out on a couple of mainline titles while K. Rool was absent from the series for over a decade, not appearing at all in either of the games that revived the DKC series.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I feel like one could make the argument that Dixie is more important than K. Rool though. She has been playable in multiple mainline games while K. Rool wasn't playable in any.
Blue Toad has been playable in more mainline games than Bowser has. Which is 0. Not sure what this comparison has to do with anything.

You can argue all day long which one is more important - both have pros and cons - but they're both in the ballpark of each other and both should be in.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
No offense to Banjo-Kazooie, but it would be kind of weird if those characters got in before Dixie, wouldn't it? As a Rare-created character, she's still far more relevant than they are. Although if she gets in anyways, that wouldn't really matter I suppose.

Blue Toad has been playable in more mainline games than Bowser has. Which is 0. Not sure what this comparison has to do with anything.
I'm not sure what Blue Toad has to do with Dixie, either. He is only a variation of a whole species with no special abilities, whereas Dixie is 100% her own character with unique attributes like being able to use her hair in many versatile ways.

Last edited:

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
I feel like one could make the argument that Dixie is more important than K. Rool though. She has been playable in multiple mainline games while K. Rool wasn't playable in any. In addition, she has always managed to stay relatively active within her series, only missing out on a couple of mainline titles while K. Rool was absent from the series for over a decade, not appearing at all in either of the games that revived the DKC series.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
The problem with Toad is that it is not a character. All of the fighters in the Smash roster are their own characters, with the exception of Pokemon Trainer, Villager, Inkling, Robin, Mii Fighters, Wii Fit Trainer, and Corrin. These are avatar characters, hence why they each have male and female variations. Toad is not an avatar, either. It is a species. One might say, "but what about Yoshi and the Pokemon?" First of all, Yoshi is the star of his own franchise. The Yoshi in Smash is directly based off the Yoshi that starred in Yoshi’s Island. As for the Pokemon, each of them are based off specific ones from the anime and movies. The Pikachu and Greninja in Smash are directly based off the ones used by Ash. The Jigglypuff in Smash is based off the same one from the anime that put people to sleep and drew on their faces. The Mewtwo in Smash is based off the antagonist from the first movie. The Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Chairzard in Smash all belong to the Pokemon Trainer who is based off of Red (Leaf for the female version). The Pichu in Smash is based off the one from the Pikachu and Pichu short. The Lucario in Smash is based off the one from the eighth Pokemon movie. Toad cannot be playable because it is not a specific entity. "What about the Toad that was playable in SMB2 (USA)?" one may ask. Could that be considered a character? The answer is no. The Toad in that game didn’t have any unique abilities. It also had blue spots, which not every Toad has. When people see Yoshi in the roster, they know it is THE Yoshi from his franchise. If a Toad were to be playable, it would need to have a moveset based off of many different kinds of Toads, so nobody would know exactly which game that particular one came from. The only Toad that can be considered his own character is Captain Toad, and that is not an all-star.
Toad is noted for his speed and superhuman strength (a quality noted in several of Toad's trophies throughout the Smash Bros. series). Also, if you want a Toad that is clearly has their unique identity (aside from Captain Toad), look no further than Toadette. Toadette has been a staple of the spinoff titles since her debut in 2003, and she has had two notable NPC roles in two Mario RPGs to date (Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door and Mario & Luigi Paper Jam). Toadette was also the co-star of Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker as well as being playable in TWO Mario platformers (Super Mario Run and New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe). Toadette has even been referred to as a rising star in the trailer to New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe.

In general, the "mushroom people" are among the most iconic faces to the Mario franchise, something that has been with the series since the very beginning to the Super Mario franchise in 1985. Toad, Captain Toad, or Toadette. Any of them could be used to represent this major part to the Mario franchise.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
Fellas, the leak still hasn't been proven yet, Dixie can still make it into base game! Remember, we have yet to see Tropical Freeze content!

cybersai

Smash Ace
The leak looks more and more real every day, especially with all the new evidence that keeps piling up. It's looking like Dixie is not in the base roster, and the 5 missing levels to bring it up to 108 correlate to the newcomers on the leak.

We can only hope Dixie was upgraded from an echo and that's why she's not in the base roster. Sakurai probably recognized like Isabelle that Dixie's animations would be too different from Diddy, so she probably became either a full newcomer or semi-clone. I'd expect her to be the Mewtwo of DLC for this game.

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
Just imagine. The final Smash Direct ends on a pan of the entire roster banner. Slowly fades to black.

"...time for a special announcement!"

I can dream.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Too much new evidence piled up today, they can see the seams where Isaac was cut now. There's evidence here, reddit, twitter, gamefaqs, 4chan, etc.

I doubted the leak for the first 2-3 days, but now there's just too much evidence in it's favor.

Inkling Man

Smash Apprentice
I want her too and hopefully she'll be a semi clone and not an echo besides she fights with her hair and she doesn't have a tail or a jet pack.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Too much new evidence piled up today, they can see the seams where Isaac was cut now. There's evidence here, reddit, twitter, gamefaqs, 4chan, etc.

I doubted the leak for the first 2-3 days, but now there's just too much evidence in it's favor.
Sakurai has given us repeated warnings about there being fewer newcomers this time than there were for Smash 4 and Brawl, and even said that in terms of character reveals he might have revealed too much too soon, and that we will be living modestly (talking about additional character reveals) until the game's release. Unless he is flat out lying, I doubt we are getting another 7-8 newcomers confirmed. He even said after Chrom and Dark Samus were confirmed that there were only a few more fighters left to confirm before the game's launch (this was before the confirmation of K. Rool and Isabelle).

If the Grinch leak is legit, I think many of those fighters might be DLC. That might not bode well for Dixie Kong's prospects.

As I said earlier today, we will probably learn within the next ten days about the remainder of the roster. I think a Nintendo Direct will probably happen next week. We just need to wait just a bit longer.

Dan

Smash Lord
Hasn't Sakurai lied before? To me, the most notable thing was him saying Ridley will never be playable, but I remember there being things beyond that.

Bodacious66

Smash Cadet
Assuming the Grinch leak is legit it's disappointing to see Dixie get cut again. To be honest I don't think she will ever appear in a smash bros game because every other character takes priority over her it seems.

Dan

Smash Lord
Assuming the Grinch leak is legit it's disappointing to see Dixie get cut again. To be honest I don't think she will ever appear in a smash bros game because every other character takes priority over her it seems.
My guess right now is the first round of DLC is Incineroar, Ray Custom Robo, Monster Hunter (not sure if this is a generic protagonist or any character from the franchise) and Dixie. I say this because the word on the street is Sakurai got permission to do Banjo at E3 and cut Incineroar to start on him (thus the mass confusion surrounding the character) and the rest were said to be cut characters by the swearing leaker/Chadganon or whatever his name is as he nailed the Grinch leak before it happened.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'll throw my two cents in: for a theoretical campaign, I feel like "Where the hair is Dixie" verges on being too aggressive sounding. I dunno, I just feel like for these sort of things (especially the sort of things Treehouse people might see), being humble and going hat in hand is the best bet, especially if Grinch is real and we are really looking at a roster of over eighty characters, including tons of fan favorites. I think there needs to be a way to show our gratitude for how much Sakurai did for the fans in this game while also asking politely for Dixie as well.

So, in that case, do you have anything to suggest as the ideal campaign phrase for her? All of our ideas have been lame, so far.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Despite the obvious white flag and the very obvious evidence that this person will not actually listen to what I'm saying, I still want to respond to this because there's a lot of assumption and flawed logic in here that is honestly nocive to this community, and I just overall have no patience for this.

All I'm saying is the people who care most are on Smashboards, and 95% of the people buying the game couldn't even name half the roster, nor care; it's common sense what characters people have wanted over the last 10 years.

You ignored the "who care most" part; I know someone's opinion isn't better if they're on Smashboards, but like I said: it's common sense who the most demanded characters have been. Don't make it so complicated.
You keep saying it's common sense what characters people have wanted, but again, how do YOU know that? You are not a reliable source, so there is no reason for anyone here to believe that what is common sense to you is exactly what makes sense for anyone else.

Also, this is inconsistent with the rest of your stance. You push out this agenda of democracy like what matters is transparency in votes and us getting who we want, but at the same time you're putting higher value on "who cares most" like you could even define that reliably. You qualify "I know someone's opinion isn't better if they're on Smashboards" but at the same time the tone of everything you're saying implies that YOU personally know better as someone on Smashboards.

Customer is always right mentality is flawed when it comes to game design, entertainment, and artistic endeavors as a whole.
Do you know why good game designers succeed? Because they know what is fun, engaging, and enjoyable to play. You hire a game designer because they have that expertise.
You know who doesn't have that expertise? The general populace.
Video games are not a democracy. You might think it's a brilliant idea if people decided what is in the game because what you want sounds to you like an awesome idea, but that's a heavily flawed assumption.
A good game designer knows what people will want and enjoy. Random people who play the game know what they themselves want and enjoy. That's why game designers are the ones you want making the games, not random people who all want something different and everything at the same time.

Also lol this just being you being super selfless. So, you're selflessly saying that characters you think are more important deserve to be in over characters you selflessly think are less important. There's nothing selfless about anything you're saying, it's all heavily based on your own beliefs and wants.

Because she's been a steady top 7 request for the last 10 years, and hasn't completely fallen off like someone like Krystal (who I used to be a supporter of).
Sources, do you have any? Has there been stable, reliable and constant polling or the last 10 years?
What is this even based on?
Can you seriously, honestly, come here and tell me that Dixie was a top seven pre-Smash 4 when the likes of Ridley, Little Mac, Palutena, Pac-Man, Mega Man, K. Rool, Mewtwo and Roy were dominating attention?

They just need to open a public results, one vote per person voting poll for the world so this can be settled once and for all, and if she isn't up there, I'll gladly take the L. I am a massive propenent of them doing a public poll, and then just doing the top 10 characters (obviously they can't do Goku and ****); this should be a game for the people, from the people, and Sakurai should just be the mediator; he should be honored to have the license.
How do you even ****ing do this.
You're asking for a global, public poll that somehow enforces one vote per person. GLOBAL. Like, not even the ****ing governments of first-world nations have figured out how to do this reliably and you're expecting Nintendo, the most infrastructural-ly stupid video game company out there with one of the most notable records of NOT listening to anyone else but themselves and succeeding regardless, to somehow magic the most transparent and reliable poll ever.
And you assume that out of this Dixie will emerge victorious?

I'm sorry, I love Dixie to death and I think she's the most deserving character out there, but bull****. That you assume this is what would happen shows just how helplessly biased you are in everything you are saying. That this is a claim that exists shows how much of an unreliable source you are when you say "common sense".

Also, again, this whole "for the people, from the people" is such a flawed assumption that games can work like a democracy.
"Sakurai should just be the mediator" THAT'S WHAT ALREADY HAPPENS. Just because Nintendo isn't sending you a personalized list of the characters they consider popular or not doesn't mean they're not gauging popularity in their own ways and then having Sakurai mediate what should go in and what shouldn't go in.

Top Bottom