• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think Dixie's in with a good shot tomorrow, especially if the same logic of Dark Samus's reveal after Ridley's holds true.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Yeah, my guess is the "big" character revealed tomorrow will be Skull Kid or possibly Incineroar.

Then if we get more, Dixie and/or Isabelle.

StormC

Smash Hero
The only thing I'm expecting is a single character trailer, and probably no appearance by Sakurai.

Dixie and the last echoes are likely going to be saved for the final Smash Direct.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Depends how long the Smash portion of a direct is. Most newcomer trailers are around 3 minutes or so, then Sakurai talks about them a little bit. If nothing else of Smash is discussed like modes or whatever, maybe he could show 2 echoes or something. Echo trailers tend to be 30 seconds each.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Anybody seen this poll yet?

Dixie's still there, but she seems rather middling in votes compared to many others. :scared:

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
I don't want to hype you guys too much but there is no way in hell that tomorrow we aren't getting at least 1 echo that HAS to be Dixie or Isabelle. Good luck guys and gals. don't go too bananas.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I don't want to hype you guys too much but there is no way in hell that tomorrow we aren't getting at least 1 echo that HAS to be Dixie or Isabelle. Good luck guys and gals. don't go too bananas.
I'm still skeptical on Echo-reveals tomorrow - depends if they have a Smash-segment within where Sakurai takes the helm for that part of the presentation. Perhaps then...

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
A direct already almost a month to the day after the last one. I'm hoping for Dixie tomorrow, but I'm going to keep my expectations low. I didn't expect us getting FIVE characters in the last one. We'll see what's in store for us tomorrow.

Would be nice to get a birthday gift a week before my birthday.

StormC

Smash Hero
Dixie's still there, but she seems rather middling in votes compared to many others. :scared:
That’s been Dixie’s lot in life as a Smash character unfortunately. I’d have hoped K. Rool’s confirmation would bump things up a bit, but...

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
I'm still skeptical on Echo-reveals tomorrow - depends if they have a Smash-segment within where Sakurai takes the helm for that part of the presentation. Perhaps then...
thats what Mr. Sakurai wants you to think hes a troll even not directly doing it... that or I'm just crazy

paperosbronzo90

Smash Cadet

She's 16th... not bad.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Realize most of those choices are third parties, most of them won't get in.

If you look at strictly Nintendo owned characters, Dixie did very well. More than half those third parties won't get in this time, probably not for DLC either.

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer

Even though we are a small minority our next question should be did everyone who supports her in this thread vote for her on that specific poll? I feel if that were a real ballot Dixie's numbers would have been way higher assuming that many people who wanted K. Rool also wanted Dixie statement holds true. We just need to encourage the entire DK fanbase not just this Dixie thread to make some noise. We are all happy that DK is finally getting the attention he deserves this time around so I'm sure the fanbase would love to keep the hype going. I think she did okay. It's a good start. I'd like to see her higher too but I really think if we want to see her make a statement on future polls we should get some type of amazingly organized campaign going like K. Rool had! Tho I feel that input in a bit useless because I wouldn't even know how to start a good one even if I wanted to ^_^"

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
The thing with the Kampaign is, as with most success stories, a lot of it came down to luck and timing.

Company politics prevented K. Rool from being in modern DKC games, and Tropical Freeze was perhaps the turning point of “we want K. Rool and we want him NOW.” Then through a stroke of luck, K. Rool has NO active role in Smash 4 (despite other old and irrelevant villains like Mother Brain and Nightmare appearing), and we got a little something called the Smash Ballot, finally giving us a direct opportunity to tell Nintendo our want. Mix in a general dissatisfaction with how the DK series was treated in Smash 4 along with wanting more villains and heavies...

If Dixie isn’t in the base game I’m not sure what more could be done, barring another ballot. Everyone will be screaming at Nintendo/Sakurai for their character. K. Rool was not in the right places (DKC games, AT role) at the right time.

Last edited:

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
I would love to see Dixie tomorrow! She needs to be in the game!

My perfec direct would be Isaac, Elma and Dixie revealed for smash! Iv got so much hope!!

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
My gut feeling is that we won't see Dixie tomorrow.

And I kind of hope we don't because if we do it would likely be as an echo.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny

If you look at strictly Nintendo owned characters, Dixie did very well. More than half those third parties won't get in this time, probably not for DLC either.
Yea, we can knock a lot of those candidates out due to likelihood, 3rd Party rights and timing, leaving Dixie in a favorable spot.

Empty Number

Smash Journeyman
I would take Dixie in a heartbeat as an echo. I know I might be in the minority here with that opinion - but it is what it is. Semi-clones as character templates ala Falco and Luigi and Ganondorf no longer seem to be options. Both in Smash 4 and so far in Smash Ultimate, Sakurai's philosophy seems to be choosing characters that fit naturally as completely unique movesets, or derivative characters that can easily be made from existing characters' movesets.

I'd rather see Dixie in the game as an echo than not at all.

Luigi player

Smash Master
I'm starting to get a little worried for non-echo Dixie.. with all these seemingly somewhat trustworthy leakers not including her in any list.

Hopefully she makes it in someway.. even if it has to be DLC. Not expecting her tomorrow either way though. Maybe in November when Sakurai shows us all the remaining chars + echos before release.

D

Deleted member

We may have gotten King K. Rool already (YAY) but I still support Dixie. I have my doubts that she'd be an Echo fighter though. Just because she has too much of her own kit to work with. Which probably means she isn't happening this time.

But I am still a supporter.

pepiux

Smash Apprentice

This. She is number 6 of Nintendo characters in this poll.

cybersai

Smash Ace
This. She is number 6 of Nintendo characters in this poll.
Indeed, and also remember Geno is also third party, and Rex/Xenoblade 2 reps wouldn't get in till DLC anyway.

If Skull Kid is confirmed tomorrow, Dixie is really only behind Isaac and Bandana Dee...and oddly Paper Mario, lol

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
So if Dixie doesn't get announced tomorrow. Should fans or anyone here who wants her worry?
No because we just got K.Rool announced I highly doubt Nintendo would follow up a DKC character with another DKC character and while I personally would love that (simply due to my love of DKC and to see all the DK haters online lose their ****) I'm definitely not expecting it. I do think if it's not a Sun/Moon rep it will be either Issac or Skull Kid. There's going to be a final Smash Ultimate direct before launch. I fully expect (if Dixie is in the game at all), for her to be announced there. We are 3 months away from launch. Sakurai has stated all characters will be revealed before launch we are running out of time to announce newcomers. So I think Dixie will be announced in the final smash direct probably as an echo.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
I really doubt about Dixie tomorrow, mostly because I see her in the echo bag and I don't see an echo happening in the direct, leaving Smash bros for the final blow. Maybe an echo in the same trailer like Richter is possible, introduced by a new brand fighter. Heihachi+Ken for example, it could be easy in the same video, something about fighting games related. But Dixie without K. Rool... I see it very difficult for tomorrow.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I really doubt about Dixie tomorrow, mostly because I see her in the echo bag and I don't see an echo happening in the direct, leaving Smash bros for the final blow. Maybe an echo in the same trailer like Richter is possible, introduced by a new brand fighter. Heihachi+Ken for example, it could be easy in the same video, something about fighting games related. But Dixie without K. Rool... I see it very difficult for tomorrow.
The only way is if they put a few echos out there. IF she's an echo in the first place. All we can really do is wait and see, so let's just get the hype train rolling out of station anyway.

cybersai

Smash Ace
The chances of Dixie would drop a grand total of zero when she is not shown tomorrow.
Well it depends if we only get 1 character reveal tomorrow. Remember it's a Nintendo direct, not a Smash direct. Maybe there's only time for one newcomer trailer and Sakurai to talk about them a bit, then move on.

Now if they show off some other echoes, I'd start to be concerned.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
New Support Buddies inbound! Say hello to:
Luxent Luxent
R RetrogamerMax
zferolie zferolie
Cap Cap
Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester

Anop Anop
Duck$mash Duck$mash
@psb123

Greetings to all of you, and thank you for joining! We now have over 300 Supporters! With a potential reveal in less than 24 hours, these are exciting times. I've also added Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom 's palette swaps to the OP. Thanks for making those!
No point being a supporter. All evidence seems to indiciate along with Geno, Isabelle, Shadow and Skull Kid that she's lock to get in.

Anyways she'd be nice addition. Another rep for DK.
Uhh...I'm not sure if you wanna be on the Support List, but I've added you anyway cuz you seem so certain.
Wow the moveset by BirthNote made my day! So good.
Thanks! I made it back in the "LOL, Diddy clone!" days for others to see her as more than "Female Diddy." I'm not expecting anything like what I drew to be in the game, but it would be nice to have a Dixie that does things Diddy simply can't. Unique or Sem-Clone is my hope, but time will reveal her fate.

Last edited:

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
So I found out Dixie and Tiny are chimps, which I always suspected. However, I also found out Chunky and Kiddy are supposed to be baboons, yet they are their cousins, and have no tails. (Reminds me of how Diddy is supposed to be Donkey's nephew.)
My brain cannon will just be that Kiddy and Chunky are gorillas, which is what I always assumed.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord

I'm finding it hard to believe that Doom Slayer, Phoenix Wright, Sans and Shadow actually outplaced her. Geno and Isaac and their legacy, Xenoblade 2 being all the rage, Paper Mario I can get, yada yada. But those four I don't understand.

Shadow is practically a lock but is he truly that popular? I always thought many people, including Sonic fans saw him as a cliche "Edge" character of little merit outside of being "cool Sonic" and being an Echo.

Doom Slayer? He's iconic but he's also a brutal character that goes even beyond Snake in terms of pushing ESRB issues, and he uses realistic guns, except the most iconic one, of which has a name that wouldn't be allowed in Smash (BFG).

Sans? For real? I know Undertale was a pretty big deal to a lot of people but we didn't even get playable Shovel Knight. And isn't Sans seen as a meme character more than a heartfelt choice to many people, like Waluigi? Not saying there aren't people who truly like them, but do many people really find them super appealing as Smash fighters, or just memes?

And Phoenix Wright is cool and all, but also nearly unworkable in Smash as a serious fighter. I know he has a fan following, but bigger than Dixie?

Not that I'm saying these characters don't have appeal that I totally respect, but outranking a character like Dixie seems like a stretch. I wonder what demographic comprised most of the votes.

But hey, its like I said before, Smashboards loves Dixie quite a bit, to the point where we may inflate her overall standing. Many people believed I was underselling her, but even with a sizable pool of voters, she still wasn't even top 10. Not that I believe this affects her chances at all.

Last edited:

Coofle DeDoofle

Smash Apprentice

I'm just gonna ignore a majority of those outlandish third-party picks and pretend that Dixie (and Decidueye and Elma) is in the top 15.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
I'm just gonna ignore a majority of those outlandish third-party picks and pretend that Dixie (and Decidueye and Elma) is in the top 15.
Yeah I imagine we will get one more 3rd party, at most two. And I'd imagine the two would be BK and Rayman OR Crash so you can realistically write off Doom Slayer, the other one of those two, and either Sora or Geno, if not both (don't kill me everyone but Geno is not an all-star, only very popular, and the way things are looking, we may not get any new SE content at all).

If we get any Indie, it will be Shantae before Sans realistically. I don't think Sakurai will ever be able to make PW work in Smash even if he deserves a spot. Rex is likely too new to make the cut. Paper Mario may be hurt by being well past his prime and his recent games being disappointing (but hey, we got Wolf back even though Zero was a letdown, and Corrin despite Fates' mixed reception so that could mean nothing).

Dixie's chances are still good, and this poll means nothing anyway. Although if she doesn't make the base game, polls like this do worry me when it comes to DLC chances. And DLC will probably be where we see many 3rd party characters show up instead.

Last edited:

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
Am I the only one who’s gonna comment about how long this thing is gonna be? The only things I really see them spending a good amount of time on are games like FE TH, Lets go Pikachu and Eevee, Super Mario Party, and Smash. Other games may get some dlc discussion or be officially revealed, but I highly doubt we’ll be seeing anything new, considering pokemon, mario party, and Smash are more than enough for Nintendo to end the year off with. (Especially when Mario Party is doing the unthinkable and making goomba AND Monty mole playable. Smash also did the unthinkable by finally putting K. Rool.) My point is that this thing is long enough to where I could see them spending 5-10 minutes on smash easily.

Top Bottom