• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

StormC

Smash Hero
Generally speaking, DKC designs in Smash skew towards the Japanese side of things, so they might go for Rare since I don't think Paon did any Rambi design of their own.
He was in Barrel Blast, with a design closer to Rare (the ears are like Retro's but everything else is like Rare).

Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
We can discuss popularity all we want, but the important decisions have already been made years ago regarding her status.

I think what's important to notice relating to Dixie's inclusion is what they aren't showing us about Diddy.
  • Why wouldn't they show his Final Smash in the E3 Direct when it's a lock to have been changed? Could it be because his new Final Smash is built to be shared between him and Dixie, and revealing it would be a giveaway?
  • Why were we shown a new Diddy jab (gentleman or otherwise) but his changes weren't mentioned in the E3 Direct?
  • Why haven't we seen Diddy's pink alt yet? It's a fairly important one.
It feels to me that Diddy has received some fair medium-level changes on par with Samus, Wario, and a few other characters. Why are we not hearing about them? Are these changes being downplayed by Sakurai? Why?

It just all seems strange.
I think people are overthinking that, they've probably just made the gentleman easier to use and just showed it in the trailer, and the final smash is probably just a cinematic version of his old one just like wario got, not much reason to change it when they could give them different final smashes as echoes

Empty Number

Smash Journeyman
I think people are overthinking that, they've probably just made the gentleman easier to use and just showed it in the trailer, and the final smash is probably just a cinematic version of his old one just like wario got, not much reason to change it when they could give them different final smashes as echoes
But why wouldn’t we see the final smash in his trailer? Is there another character in his situation? Where the final smash is definitely changed but not revealed?

Also are there any echos with different final smashes than their bases?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
But why wouldn’t we see the final smash in his trailer? Is there another character in his situation? Where the final smash is definitely changed but not revealed?

Dark Pit (presumably), also Chrom

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion

Dark Pit and Chrom have completely different final smashes, and many other characters final smashes weren't shown either

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Dark Pit and Chrom have completely different final smashes, and many other characters final smashes weren't shown either
It begs the question over why they'd be so secretive over them. Does Peach and Daisy share a FS? Or are they both different? Is Peach's a Super Princess Peach reference? Does Daisy do the Mario Run? So many questions, so few answers.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
It's funny how many "leaks" with Dixie Kong are starting to show up lately.
But that one seems pretty good, the "leaker" even brought her kneepads back :-)
https://bit.ly/2MHVXJV
That hoax is horrible, the Kongs in SSB have eyelids and this model of Dixie doesn't. The prankster missed such a basic detail that he invalidated his entire hoax.

StormC

Smash Hero
These are the unknown Final Smashes:

:ultdiddy::ultgreninja::ultlucario::ultmetaknight::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultrob::ultrobin:ultrichter::ultwiifittrainer::ultyoshi::ultyounglink::ultluigi:

Greninja getting Ash-Greninja is probably a safe bet, but I don't know if we can draw any absolute conclusions from Diddy's being absent. Robin's was an indication that something was up. I personally believe Diddy and Dixie will share a Final Smash, but we'll see soon enough.

Worth nothing that some of these have to be changed, like Diddy and Yoshi, but some can remain the same like Luigi.

Last edited:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny

I'm going through the vids now, and so far I can tell you that Wolf's, Peach's, Daisy's, and Luigi's have not been shown. I'll update you with a full list in a bit.

EDIT: Looks like StormC already answered, so nvm.

It begs the question over why they'd be so secretive over them. Does Peach and Daisy share a FS? Or are they both different? Is Peach's a Super Princess Peach reference? Does Daisy do the Mario Run? So many questions, so few answers.
It's to keep us biting our nails in utter suspense. Sakurai enjoys this kind of thing and knows we'll obsess over every minor detail.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Wolf's was shown in the very beginning of his video, where he's flying with Star Wolf.

Did forget about Luigi though.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
We can discuss popularity all we want, but the important decisions have already been made years ago regarding her status.

I think what's important to notice relating to Dixie's inclusion is what they aren't showing us about Diddy.
  • Why wouldn't they show his Final Smash in the E3 Direct when it's a lock to have been changed? Could it be because his new Final Smash is built to be shared between him and Dixie, and revealing it would be a giveaway?
  • Why were we shown a new Diddy jab (gentleman or otherwise) but his changes weren't mentioned in the E3 Direct?
  • Why haven't we seen Diddy's pink alt yet? It's a fairly important one.
It feels to me that Diddy has received some fair medium-level changes on par with Samus, Wario, and a few other characters. Why are we not hearing about them? Are these changes being downplayed by Sakurai? Why?

It just all seems strange.
Agreed, it's rather perplexing how low of information they shown of Diddy knowing that he's been altered to notable degree. I'm also wondering if the new jab combo would make his tail whip impractical since he kicks opponents away from him where's in 4 it was just a little tap to follow up with his tail whip.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Pitoo final smash was shown, there was a pic of it, it's the same. (Funny, it was a copy of Zelda/Sheik and now it's unique).
The only ones that will be changed are the ones with transformations or easy to evade (Lucario, Yoshi, Diddy are here), smash team is looking for direct and quick strikes. Greninja has no need in change it if you ask me. I hope that Peach's final Smash become something new, was pure garbage alongside the DK's one.

cybersai

Smash Ace
I really like the idea of Diddy and Dixie's final Smash being riding on Rambi and rushing across the stage KOing everyone in path. Sort of similar to Captain Falcon's Final Smash with his Blue machine, or Ganon's, etc.

It would be nice for Rambi himself to be in Smash for once outside the trophies, and seeing them ride on him would be great. Diddy's final Smash was always hard as hell to control back in the previous games, I would be glad if it was axed either way.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Dixie should get Ellie to make like 5 people happy and thousands angry.
I'm one of those 5 people who think Ellie should be for Dixie and Rambi should be for Diddy. If Dixie is to be an echo of Diddy. The final smashes would work the same just swap Rambi for Ellie. Though if I'm being real honest I'd rather have Dixie's final smash be "Animal Stampede" I posted this on a page far back but I want an animation/cinematic (kinda like Captain Falcon) of Dixie jumping on Ellie and following behind is Rambi, Winky, Expresso, Squitter, Squawks, Quawks, Tawks, Rattly, and Hoofer just catching the characters in a stampede.

Diddy's final Smash was always hard as hell to control back in the previous games, I would be glad if it was axed either way.
Hey that was just staying true to DK64! :troll:

Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I want Dixie's final smash to use her guitar, especially since DK lost his bongos. Maybe it could be similar to Diddy's guitar attack in 64, or maybe she could just shoot out lines of music in a similar fashion to mario.

GravelerChamp60

Smash Apprentice
My feeling is Diddy and Dixie are both using Rambi for their Final Smash and when Dixie is announced, the Final Smash will be as well.

Hopefully it's closer to the Rare design than the Retro one...

You vs. the rhino she tells you not to worry about.
Dude! This would be the coolest thing ever!! I wouldn't mind seeing one of them getting Rambi and the other getting Expresso or some other animal buddy, but man I really want to see this happen!!!!

Marcello691

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 0035 6389 6608
I thought Diddy and Dixie's final smash would be this:
SquawksShaft565.PNG

They just have to swap the Kong that is on the front depending on which kong uses the final smash.
But as they changed all the final smashes to be similar to the one captain falcon has, I agree it would be really cool if diddy uses rambi and Dixie Ellie!

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
My feeling is Diddy and Dixie are both using Rambi for their Final Smash and when Dixie is announced, the Final Smash will be as well.

Hopefully it's closer to the Rare design than the Retro one...

You vs. the rhino she tells you not to worry about.
Lol, yeah. His Retro design makes him look like he is straight out of Family Guy. Those eyes man!
35350731040_a48b239cd9_c.jpg

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I always found something odd about good old Rambi's Retro design. Glad to know I am not alone in that regard.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
I want Dixie's final smash to use her guitar, especially since DK lost his bongos. Maybe it could be similar to Diddy's guitar attack in 64, or maybe she could just shoot out lines of music in a similar fashion to mario.
That's another good point that raises an interesting question, DK's Final Smash being steered away from the music theme. Of course it could be:

1. DK's old Final Smash sucked and needed an improvement.
2. They decided to reference the Jungle Beat gameplay instead of modifying the bongos to be better and quicker because its just cooler and fits DK better.

But it could also be that DK's Final Smash could fit better on Dixie, albeit improved and made more efficient. The fact that Diddy's Final Smash is absent makes this double suspect. I don't necessarily think they'll share a Final Smash, and i feel like Diddy would get a modified Rocketbarrel Barrage before he'd receive DK's old FS concept, but the disappearance of a music-themed FS in Donkey Kong now is nonetheless interesting. Its definitely a stretch to say it means anything, but its interesting nonetheless.

That said, I'd be fine with there being no music Final Smash at all, but DK not having one could be seen as a boost in the chance of Dixie inheriting it. If that happens, she'll have the guitar Final Smash that some people really like. But using Rambi or Ellie would also be a cool option.

As long as shes not just part of Diddy's Final Smash right?

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I don't want Dixie to have the guitar Final Smash because it's not something she actually does in the games besides a quick victory animation.

Sharing it with Diddy would still be pointless. Giving them both Rambi would be a lot more meaningful.

Ghostwolf35

Smash Cadet
I don't want Dixie to have the guitar Final Smash because it's not something she actually does in the games besides a quick victory animation.

Sharing it with Diddy would still be pointless. Giving them both Rambi would be a lot more meaningful.
Yeah, I agree that Rambi would be a better choice. But Dixie also plays an "air guitar" in Tropical Freeze as an idle animation, so it isn't just related to her victory animation from the DKC trilogy. I don't really care too much for final smashes anyway, I'm just worried about two things. Does she get in(preferably as a unique fighter), and is she bottom tier? I'd still play as her even if she was, but it would hurt a little.

Back to the topic of guitars, I always assumed that Dixie taught Diddy how to play guitar and that's why he has it in DK 64. Dixie was playing guitar in both DKC 2 and 3 while Diddy was just using a boombox, so I think it makes sense for him to learn how to play the guitar from her before DK 64.

Last edited:

Marcello691

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 0035 6389 6608
Yeah, I agree that Rambi would be a better choice. But Dixie also plays an "air guitar" in Tropical Freeze as an idle animation, so it isn't just related to her victory animation from the DKC trilogy. I don't really care too much for final smashes anyway, I'm just worried about two things. Does she get in(preferably as a unique fighter), and is she bottom tier? I'd still play as her even if she was, but it would hurt a little.

Back to the topic of guitars, I always assumed that Dixie taught Diddy how to play guitar and that's why he has it in DK 64. Dixie was playing guitar in both DKC 2 and 3 while Diddy was just using a boombox, so I think it makes sense for him to learn how to play the guitar from her before DK 64.
I think she would be a pretty good character, no matter if she's unique or semi-clone or an echo fighter, she will probably be based on Diddy kong somehow anyway and as Diddy is a high tier character, I'm not to worried about her in that regard :-)
She might be a little slower and "floatier" but I don't think weaker as in DKC2 she and Diddy seemed to have the same strength as they were both able to carry each other with the same speed.
It is stated in the DK64 manual that Dixie taught Diddy how to play a guitar. If I remember correctly she was referenced a few times in the manual, probably because rare wanted to make clear they didn't forget about dixie just because she wasn't included in that game.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I think she would be a pretty good character, no matter if she's unique or semi-clone or an echo fighter, she will probably be based on Diddy kong somehow anyway and as Diddy is a high tier character, I'm not to worried about her in that regard :-)
She might be a little slower and "floatier" but I don't think weaker as in DKC2 she and Diddy seemed to have the same strength as they were both able to carry each other with the same speed.
It is stated in the DK64 manual that Dixie taught Diddy how to play a guitar. If I remember correctly she was referenced a few times in the manual, probably because rare wanted to make clear they didn't forget about dixie just because she wasn't included in that game.
Wait, she TAUGHT him how to use the guitar?! That makes a potential guitar final Smash completely justified! It also makes guitar soundwave attacks justified too. Thank you for that info!

Last edited:

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
I was thinking about the strength of Dixie's hair yesterday and I realized something that is very confusing.

When she holds Kiddy, she clearly has a tough time of it. However, when she picks up a barrel that has him inside she's completely fine!?

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
Well, Dixie carries barrels with her hair, but carries Kiddy on her shoulders. Clearly her hair is much stronger than she is, heh.

Speaking of Kiddy though, he's who I want to see most as Dixie's Final Smash. Now, if Dixie is an Echo, that'd be unlikely (especially since we haven't seen Diddy's yet too, as they'd probably share a similar one if that's the case, most likely anyway), but yeah, Kiddy Kong is a character unique to Dixie, and a character that also nobody would be offended by if he wasn't playable. He could just show up for the Final Smash and Dixie could either toss him into the air for him to crash down and knock everyone airborne from the impact, or perhaps Dixie could throw him forward or roll on top of him to bowl over the competition.

Last edited:

Phoebee

Smash Cadet
These are the unknown Final Smashes:

:ultdiddy::ultgreninja::ultlucario::ultmetaknight::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultrob::ultrobin:ultrichter::ultwiifittrainer::ultyoshi::ultyounglink::ultluigi:

Greninja getting Ash-Greninja is probably a safe bet, but I don't know if we can draw any absolute conclusions from Diddy's being absent. Robin's was an indication that something was up. I personally believe Diddy and Dixie will share a Final Smash, but we'll see soon enough.

Worth nothing that some of these have to be changed, like Diddy and Yoshi, but some can remain the same like Luigi.
Here's hoping Richter will use Julius' amazing Grand Cross rendition for some reason.

Marcello691

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 0035 6389 6608
Wait, she TAUGHT him how to use the guitar?! That makes a potential guitar final Smash completely justified! It also makes guitar soundwave attacks justified too. Thank you for that info!
Haha, yeah that's what's stated in the German dk64 manual, pretty sure it's identical to the other manuals as it was only translated from the original :-)

cybersai

Smash Ace
It's ridiculous we're still waiting on Dixie. She feels like a character we should never be speculating on because she should have already been in a long time ago.

It's absurd her fate is still up in the air. It's mind boggling, really.

StormC

Smash Hero
It's ridiculous we're still waiting on Dixie. She feels like a character we should never be speculating on because she should have already been in a long time ago.

It's absurd her fate is still up in the air. It's mind boggling, really.
Same thing with K. Rool and Ridley. **** happens. Better late than never.

D

Deleted member

Though I would probably never user her, Dixie is definitely a character that I feel should be there. She just belongs on the roster.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
Same thing with K. Rool and Ridley. **** happens. Better late than never.
True, three more months to go and everything will be clear but it will feel like a long time when there's so much to speculate about Ultimate.

As I mentioned before, I also find it annoying how little we know of some changes of some characters(Diddy in particular has some changes but we're not fully aware what has changed regard her chance as an echo) I can't until it's over so we can put are minds to ease but until then we just got to keep hoping for the best.

http://imgur.com/9gkyCja
Here's something to add some positivity I did at work on cardboard, it's no masterpiece but might put a smile on your face.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Well, Dixie carries barrels with her hair, but carries Kiddy on her shoulders. Clearly her hair is much stronger than she is, heh.
With that in mind, I can picture a moveset that implies Dixie's a little weak without her hair, thus she relies on her ponytail heavily to compensate.

Top Bottom