• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Disney Sing-A-Long Mafia - GAME OVER, IT'S A HAPPY ENDING FOR DISNEY!

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
I seriously don't get you. How can you not "have faith" in Rake after his play this game and him dropping that CC crumb D1? Do you think Rake is scum bluffing? Do you think this a gambit/lie with a read on Soup?
Just going to drop in and say : When have I ever performed a gambit as scum ?
The closest thing to that is me smokescreening my scumMate Badwulf in a newbie where I use Zen's hard reads process to look like i was bussing HipsterSister when i was really throwing up a smokescreen.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oh also: WRT Inferno thing : Could tell his partner he is neighbours with someone who's alignment is uncertain. Tells partner to claim neighbour trying to save his town bro. Stretchy ? Yes.
Implausible ? No.

Kill RF who regardless of alignment , would be a threat.
Profit ?

This is of course my thoughts now, I'm going to be re-reading this entire thread now.
really helps I'll be V/LA starting Tuesday till Saturday. Phone posting will be hella fun. *sarcasm

If i'm not dead.

BTW : Case you dont remember Ryu i announced a while ago in the social i'd be V/LA from the 24th to 28th , will probably post from phone.

Clover

Smash Rookie
@John2k4 -
Does that translate to a read?
The inactivity in itself has been noticeably anti-town, but it's not necessarily scummy. At the moment, basically null with a sliiiiight town lean based on the recent content you have posted. For example, I find myself agreeing with the points on Mac. I hope that you're able to catch up soon, as I would like to see an up-to-date list of reads.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
The thing was that I think he approached in the weirdest way possible. He literally came in saying "You fools scum! I'm going to wreck your team entirely so you might as well surrender!" Like seriously? Why would he go in like this? He literally just boasted about a one-shot ability being able to nab the entire scum team. Yeah maybe his power is plausible but how he approached it just rubs me the wrong way. He has one scummy between two people and claims to know the entire scum team. How does that sound right? Even more it's on a person people didn't expect or even consider being scum.

Can someone give me a game that a player was given information along the lines of there are neighbors of opposing alignments?

John2k4

The End of an Era
Are both neighbors guaranteed to know of the others presence?

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
wrote up a hige ****ing phone post just for it to get eaten. im not scum, youre gambiting on that neighbor thing hoping that i spontaneously become scum ans scumslip, that neighbor confirmation is a bunch of bull**** and you pulled it out of your *** once radifc flipped and i claimed neighbor, your report is real, but the neighbor part isnt, im getting kind of pissed that you take me as an idiot, i refuse to believe you are both one shot and you have crumbed d1 information about neighbors not being aligned.

quit the act.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

The thing was that I think he approached in the weirdest way possible. He literally came in saying "You fools scum! I'm going to wreck your team entirely so you might as well surrender!" Like seriously? Why would he go in like this? He literally just boasted about a one-shot ability being able to nab the entire scum team. Yeah maybe his power is plausible but how he approached it just rubs me the wrong way. He has one scummy between two people and claims to know the entire scum team. How does that sound right? Even more it's on a person people didn't expect or even consider being scum.

Can someone give me a game that a player was given information along the lines of there are neighbors of opposing alignments?
Yep. I boasted bout a one-shot.

And why not go in guns blazing ? I fail to see how me being completely timid and soft crumbing the heck out of D1 would be any better. Probably would have ended D1 with me dying, at least guns blazing i make it darn obvious where my alignment is and how i'm going to approach the game.

I already explained the choice was WIFOM and trying to semi-clear Soup.

And think about this : what if i had used it on soup and his partner / one of his partners (assuming three man) ?

That would be what the french would call a double down, the initial crumb gets Soup , aligned status gets his partner post SoupScum flip. So that would destroy the team basically(even with 3) because now there is possibly one left with an abductor running around. I'd call that pretty close to checkmate, hence my little speil to Soup about using the possible third member as a hired gun to kill off possible indies.

And I said I believed I was going to wreck his entire team, because now Soup is just going to bus / WIFOM the heck out of them and me most likely.

And yeah , I think I have the scum team off connections, so sue me for being a little arrogant but realistically Soup now has to try to bus and WIFOM his way out of this, it'll come off looking that way and after Soup flips scum we'll all go "oh gee, looks like Rake wasn't BSing us. " Then we'll get the rest of them, it'll be a heck of a time.

This previous game stuff is WIFOM IMO and that's as far as it goes.

Oh and did anyone notice he claimed the same thing as the sample role PM?
Did anyone notice yet more WIFOM ?

Clover

Smash Rookie
@Rake - Yep, I'm town. Why do you ask? Your #896 called me "town all day."

At this point, Inferno does seem most likely. I was just curious towards J's specific reasoning. Looking back on Soup as scum, he's doing a good amount of pushing early on for Inferno and then simply unvotes with, "I'm not getting what I want wrt Inferno and I'm not going to push the issue further." (391) Along with Inferno's style of play so far, that could be an attempt at bussing. Also, you say that RF wouldn't have brought up an "Inferno neighborhood" for no reason.

@Inferno -
Oh and I have no reason why he claimed neighborhood with me. I honestly just ignored it because I'm not neighbors with him.
I'm not sure how to read this. The way the latter part of it is worded sounds as if you are a neighbor, just with someone else. Could you clarify?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia

You didn't answer the question, Inferno. What do you make of Rake? Do you believe him or not?

Inferno3044

Smash Master
On D1 I read Rake as dumb town. He seemed to be asking a lot of questions and that was mostly it but still trying to hunt for scum. Now he comes in planning to "butt decimate all scum" and claims to know the entire scum team. All of this came from a power knowing that Clover and Soup are unaligned with each other and him knowing there are unaligned neighbors (which still doesn't make sense to me).

However I find his posts today a lot less genuine. He literally told scum "do as we say and kill who we want you to kill we'll kill you. First off, one of you guys hardbody one of your scummates because I said so. We will keep you alive until we decide we want to kill you." First of all we should always be looking for scum regardless of if they are mafia or independent. Second I still fail to see how this one result somehow reveals the entire scum team. Third why does he even think this idea will work? There is no evidence. I am not saying Soup isn't scum but I don't like the way Rake carried this situation out.

@Rake - So Soup is confirmed scum. Who are his partners? Give reasons.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
D1 = Dumb-town
D2 = Lean-scum?

Clarify the second one for me because you keep losing me the way you keep talking around the issue. I just want a concrete answer from you. You honestly seem to think Rake is scummy and Soup not actually being scum but you are saying Soup is scum at the same time, at least that is how I am reading what you are saying and questioning Rake.

I don't care whether how you feel Rake carried it out. Do you believe him, yes or no?

John2k4

The End of an Era
Inferno I had no problem with Rakes posts. I like them. They make him town to me.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Soup was a null read for me, but honestly I don't see this day ending in a not Soup lynch because of what Rake has said. If he flips town, I'm gunning right for Rake because he specifically knew there were unaligned neighbors. If he flips scum I would probably give him a little space but still have an eye on him.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I think that's the best answer I am going to get out of you. =P

Going to go re-read the game sometime later.

John2k4

The End of an Era
With what I have read from toDay and D1 I am confident in saying that Rake is town. Dumbtown D1, but really reinforced things D2.

John2k4

The End of an Era
If Soup somehow flipped town, then I'd have a lot to reconsider wrt. Rake.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I just feel Inferno is putting the Cart before the Horse if you get the expression. He seems to be trying to call Rake scum, before even getting a flip from Soup and giving Soup more than the simple "benefit of the doubt" and seems more willing to throw some suspicion on Rake's claim due to the unorthodox nature of it all.

I honestly don't get how you can get scummy from anything Rake has been doing this game.

#HBC | ѕoup

oh please j sorry i forgot to vote thatbwill make things better. im not conncerned about that at the moment, it should be clear that im testifying

#HBC | ѕoup

rake isnt scum, i was the one to see his crumb d1. in fact i even pointed it out, ib really doubt rake would do that without reason, i think it was particularly stupid of him, but town in the end.

if thats what it has to be and rake is telling the turth, then yes.

reads are basically the same.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Then if it "what is has to be" then try and convince us of Clover>You.

Also reads are the same my foot, you said Swords was likely indy till I voted you and then you said "Oh J's indy now guys." =P

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
J / Rake / Sworddancer = Town or not scum
If Soup flips scum then Clover can join our town alliance.

Until the assumed abductor dies and abducted people return to the game the play is between Macman, John2k, Inferno and Krys upon Soup's flip.

Vote Soup

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Also reads are the same my foot, you said Swords was likely indy till I voted you and then you said "Oh J's indy now guys." =P
Yeah, it really looks like Soup is trying to deflect the case away from him by bringing an indy-suspicion into the discussion. I'm more inclined to think that one of the 4 people I mentioned is indy though and that lynching mafia > lynching indy toDay for sure.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Also gonna throw out here that I'm agreeing with whoever accused Macman of being fluffy. Could easily see their interaction as S v S or S v I considering how lame their accusations against each other are and how very little they actually commit to any of their cases.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Could easily see their interaction as S v S or S v I considering how lame their accusations against each other are and how very little they actually commit to any of their cases.
EBWOP: 'their interaction' = interaction between Macman and John. At least one of them is scum.

#HBC | ѕoup

Then if it "what is has to be" then try and convince us of Clover>You.

Your jump sucked, you had no reason to just jump on me, you literally get a report and say "Oh, another day I get to survive!"

I am, read what i'm saying.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Read above mate, just said this.

This is not a gambit Swords, I got a initial crumb stating that there were unaligned neighbours in this game, Soup is claiming neighbour and he and Clover popped unaligned. And between the 2 , Soups overall play to this point has been good but his reaction to this is slimey and scummy. Clover has been a town read for i can't even remember how many people at this point, including Soup.)

RF was the town neighbour , so the other neighbour is scum. (Never heard of Indy neighbour but i guess it could be possible, but after seeing and abduction I doubt it )

Copping Soup was pure WIFOM. I was deciding between him, J, Clover and RF.

I was going to choose to compare RF and J, because there end of day butting of heads looked very weird , but I choose Clover due to being as you and J put it "the easiest slot to read " and Soup because of pure WIFOM. Pretty much, after seeing J and Swords both say Clover was going to be hella easy to read and my town read on Clover (and alot of other peoples town read on clover after she posted ) i was looking for them to pop alinged so i could semi clear them both(in my reads) (kinda, Soup and Clover scum team possible , so i'd have to use connections and what not on that later, should we end up getting one or the other as scum). Soups bad luck that he popped unaligned with Clover.

So to sum up :
> Clover has been townie (Soup was a town lean of mine IIRC somewhere)
> Soups reaction = Slimey

So I'm seeing Soup scum and to account for Clover one of the other PR's can be all over that. (Assuming there is a cop / tracker / w/e , which really isnt so out of the question considering a entire scum team to deal with plus an abductor).
Okay Rake, I'm trusting you on this. It's just that your 885 looked like you were setting up for a gambit, and it's still hard to believe any mod would give a townie information like that.

I won't be voting though, because that would put Soup at L_1.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
What actually keeps us from lynching Soup right now though? It's pretty clear how we're going to proceed from here on [at least for toMorrow] and I don't want the game to become mucked up with other stuff to potentially distract us ... there are times where additional information just becomes too much to handle at once. Sometimes less is more.

#HBC | Dancer

What actually keeps us from lynching Soup right now though? It's pretty clear how we're going to proceed from here on [at least for toMorrow] and I don't want the game to become mucked up with other stuff to potentially distract us ... there are times where additional information just becomes too much to handle at once. Sometimes less is more.

I want to reread with scum soup in mind, and I want to talk about who could be his scum buddies toDay. If town doesn't lynch Soup toDay because we end up WIFOMing ourself than quite frankly town deserves to lose this game.

In other words that won't happen so don't worry about it.

#HBC | Dancer

This game has way too many scum in it.

Gheb I'm glad that you decided to stay but stop playing that advice dog. It's seriously like your most stereotypical scum tell. Your 843 is about 70% advice dog and 30% making general observations. Elaborating on how much town is in a tough spot, while true, doesn't really come off as you trying to be genuinely helpful.

Also 874 is somewhat like this. I wouldn't have a problem with this type of post Gheb if it wasn't for the fact that all of your post so far toDay seemed like this.

881 to. "Lynching Soup scum toDay would mean a lot though . . . " gee thanks for informing us of that.

950-953 are slightly better but still ring somewhat like your playing the "observer."

@848: Because I was being attacked? Generally people defend themselves after being attack.

Soup, idk if you're accusing my of this because you're scum, but if this is seriously something that you would of used as town, don't. Something I've learned is that someone becoming "overly defensive" is not really a scumtell. People will OBVIOUSLY become defensive after being accused of something, it's the people who would act calm under pressure that I would be a little bit more worried about.

@850: Krys I'm not impressed by your play this game. You started off alright, but the more that we have gone down the road, the more your posts have started to look like Shadow Moth version 1.2. Your 850 is a prime example of this. You literally just realigned your reads with what's popular. "I don't think Gheb is scum anymore (after people started being okay with Gheb living)," "Indy Swords looks interesting to me (non-committal approach to something two others have subscribed to [plus what's interesting about it? Soup had only said one thing towards the subject at this point]),"I'll be okay with John if nothing else comes up (I agree with you on John, however he's still super easy at this point and even this is non-committal)."

Actually Krys I would argue that your 850 is worse than Moth's play in general, because at least Moth was antagonistic (something that's not safe for scum to be).

Btw @J's 852: The whole "case or gtfo" thing was not only because I wanted to see your case on me, but was also a take on the "**** or gtfo" thing. Not sure if you got that or not.

@856: Ugh, no Inferno. Not everyone this game can be scum. You will come with me if you want to live (yes this is a dated reference, deal with it yo).

Macman you're being somewhat hypocritical, but you're right about John's 870. So why did you take your vote off of him in your 873?

@880: Yeah but it's quite clear that you were implying that you thought that Macman was scum. Why call him out on fluff otherwise?

Lol Soup, I'm feel slightly douchy for saying this but you look like you typed your 886 with your nose.

@931: An Inferno/Soup team seems possible with the way Soup attacked Inferno, but I'm not quite sure that it makes sense from Inferno's PoV.

Like I'm reading Inferno toDay and I'm not sure if things could really be this obvious. Seems much more dumb townie if you ask me.

@945: While this post is true J, I feel like it's a shallow observation overall. Why isn't Inferno just dumb town to you? Do you really feel like Inferno would just try to blatantly discredit Rake's claim for his scum buddy?

Soup I honestly don't think that you've started to try to get Clover lynched at this point, but good luck with that.

Funny thing is is that I actually agree with Soup's 954 that J's jump sucked. It does strike me as a bit odd that J didn't question the claim more, since it's inherently just a questionable and weird claim.

That's all for now. I will try to reread sometime this week but I have finals coming up so no promises.

#HBC | ѕoup

Soup I honestly don't think that you've started to try to get Clover lynched at this point, but good luck with that.
Rake is only on me because of his crumbed neighbor report, He did not have me as scum at all, he is trying to make things easier for himself by faking something stupid like that.

Top Bottom