• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Disney Sing-A-Long Mafia - GAME OVER, IT'S A HAPPY ENDING FOR DISNEY!

Radical Fiction

Ryker|Swiss
Lack of production does not imply lack of protection. I'm essentially unlynchable.

Okay, Rake, help me out here since you seem to be sitting on free time. Can you show me who all Gheb has voted this game?

:phone:

Inferno3044

Smash Master
@Gheb - I understand your reads and I'm not against you for your opinions. I just don't know what you are alignment wise.

RF stop coming in here with half *** comments. You said you would make a case. Make it now.

Radical Fiction

Ryker|Swiss
Inferno making ultimatums aimed at the man typing on an iPod hidden under his leg.

Did Swiss promise a case? I promised a read (which I shamelessly ignored to talk to a girl and KevinM respectively).

Radical Fiction

Ryker|Swiss
That said, you're going to have to let me play or else I'll never get involved. I have a meta tell that you will give no weight, but I'm perfectly willing to lynch Gheb over. What would you have me do?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
Lack of production does not imply lack of protection. I'm essentially unlynchable.

Okay, Rake, help me out here since you seem to be sitting on free time. Can you show me who all Gheb has voted this game?

So far here stand Gheb's vote's in order of appearance:

Shadow_Moth
T-Block
Shadow-Moth

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
That's inaccurate, I have been looking at your interactions between player's, reading your responses and trying to sift through your poetry.
That's true but you're also like my strongest town read.

On first read I found Clover's reasoning to look legitimate. So maybe you can address Clover's post and we'll go from there.
They aren't legitimate because they exclude the possibility of me giving a proper response a priori. What counter-argument can I offer to such a biased and exaggerated opinion as "he's being extremely overdefensive" without explaining where I have been overdefensive, how she draws a conclusion from it that I must be scum and how much defensive is 'overdefensive'? It simply looks like she's cherry-picking the worst she could find and acts as if my #367 was the only post that is worth adressing, despite the fact that it's not only untrue but it's also not her thing to talk about in the first place considering she lacks the metaknowledge to even base on opinion on that. Just because I tried to validate my vote on something she doesn't know about doesn't mean I'm not in the right and it doesn't mean that I haven't made countless more attempts to validate my vote with other means.

If she really wants to legitimately join my wagon then she'd have to work through all the longass responses I've given to like everybody in the game. Why is it OK for her to skip that? Apparently I'm the only one who's not allowed to make a 'reaching' case but so far most of the points on me have been nothing but reaches ... much more than my points against T-Block...

:059:

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
lol @ non-prophet - i c wut u did thar

also gheb i never wanted you to claim

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Oh, that's cool. What would also be cool is if you told me what you want a RF wagon for.

Radical Fiction

Ryker|Swiss
Right now I just want you to give what you said you would give. A case or a read I want to hear it. Where's your head at?

My head is at Gheb/Sworddancer. My head's at Soup town, Inferno town, J annoying. My head is also a few days ago. Tell me where it should be.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

That's true but you're also like my strongest town read.
That's probably due to the fact that I am what the French would call a blathering idiot.
That or you actually like how I have been playing to this point and I think we all know which is the more likely scenario of the two.
:charizard:

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
@Gheb's 459, 552: You need to stop dumping AtE. I'm not even accusing you of this generic tell, and I know that feel of "If I do X then I'm scummy because of A, but if I do Y then people will find me scummy because of B." Nevertheless it's making it very hard to read you, because you're really laying it on thick with the emotion rather than simply replying to what's been given to you.

Like Rake's 460.

Gheb said:
Like I said, my reads on you have changed a couple of times in this game already. I can't hold your 'resistance' to the Sword wagon really in your favor because I hold that to be something *every* townie should have done. For a while you started playing a bit Ranmaru-esque with some early-game questions that feel like the "ask question but stay out of the spotlight stuff" that I would have expected more from everybody else than you. Only your recent play is the J that I feel I can bounce some ideas off and actually gain some insight out of - ironically, that only started after this:
I actually agree with you that J's early questions seemed to be kinda needless (I wrote this down in my notes), but I overall agree with the direction J is going.

I feel very meh at the "I need to open J up through AtE bit." Seems kinda unbelievable that someone would actually think like that.

Good point at the end of 463, and I would like to see J respond to it.

Interesting points in Gheb's 464. However I feel like it is (*sigh*) reachy.

"J didn't really actively push against my wagon."

That's true, any it does seem a little weird. However, logically thinking about it, aren't you just attacking J here for not playing optimally? If J didn't actively push against my wagon, does that really make him disingenuous? Also, look at his response to RF ("Have fun with your Swords push, mat"). Also consider what led up to J's town read on me (my reply's to his pressure). Taking in how J reads me (how aggressive/fluffy I'm being), it seems legit. I know you may not know how J reads me, but please take that into consideration.

Moth/John > Clover for an inactive lynch anyDay guys.

@Soup's 486: Clover played more or less like this in my current newbie (she's dead in that game so I can talk about it here) and was town. She was semi-inactive that game, and her posting style was to make posts that just kinda addressed several things at once and then go back into inactivity. She was also hesitant to lay out her vote in that game in that game as well, so I'm taking it as null here.

@490: I would think both Moth and Clover would be in the same boat as you Soup, so why the thumb's down?

@515: I wouldn't bother with "looking through his poetic pose" tbh. Seems like you're just be chasing shadows with that one.

Actually, eww at J's 522. You're cool with a claim but not a lynch? Why?

@J: You still need to reply to Gheb's 463 and 464. Could you do that please?

More or less agree with Soup that a lot of my reads depend on Gheb's alignment. In anycase it would certainly help to clear up RF and TB.

Also, I'm actually totally down for a RF wagon.

Vote: RF

I don't like what RF is doing either. He's not truly committing himself to any opinions. Sure, he'll state something like "Player X is scum," but he'll never let on as to why he believes that. He's being deliberately vague by doing this, as well as not answering questions. It allows the meaning of his pushes to have multiple interpretations. Note that this is a common scum Swiss tactic. This meta is kinda outdated, but I remember Katafefi use to call scum Swiss out the vaguness of meaning all the time. It's something possible that I could see going on here.

Like, earlier people were giving RF a bye on this because he ALWAYS plays like this apparently, but I kinda feel like he's trying to play to this status, if that makes sense. Recently he's admitted that his reads are outdated, but I'm not satisfied. He really needs to give us his read.

Another thing, I remember his whole "We're going to let Sworddancer slip" thing, which I HATED. At the time, I thought that it was possible that he was simply trying to pressure me. Now I know that he genuinely believes that I'm scum. I mean, what TOTAL BS. If he actually genuinely believed I was scummy back then, then they should of been able to come out with it immediately. Instead, he's set himself so he basically cannot fail with coming up with a scum read on me.

There's no reason for RF to play like this as town, except to make it so that he might live through the Night. By that same argument though, he could just as easily be scum who doesn't want people to suspect him for living through Nights.

All in all, what I'm trying to say here is that RF is trying to be null, and I don't like it.

#HBC | Dancer

1. J - Town
2. Inferno -lean town
3. Macman - null
4. Radical Fiction (Ryker/Swiss hydra) -lean scum
5. Gheb_01 - null.
6. Shadow Moth - lean scum
7. Krystedez -lean town
8. John2k4 - lean scum
9. Anomandaris_Rake - town
10. Soup - town
11. Clover - town
12. Sworddancer - me
13. T-Block - lean town

Yes my scum picks are mostly inactives. Nothing I can do about that.

Willing to see one of John/Moth die toDay. RF would be a butt load of information. So would Gheb, but Gheb does at least make some posts that I like, so I'm not too sure on him.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
My head is at Gheb/Sworddancer. My head's at Soup town, Inferno town, J annoying. My head is also a few days ago. Tell me where it should be.

Your head should be finding scum. All you have done was push for the sake of pushing. Drop Swords for the time being. I guess since this was asked to multiple people I'll ask you it. If we were to lynch an inactive who would you pick and why?

Radical Fiction

Ryker|Swiss
Wow, missed the Drop Sword sentence entirely. Why, for the love of God, would you suggest dropping the scum read everyone has been requesting elaboration on in order to discuss a lurker lynch.

Smh

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
You guys really make me wonder why I'm even playing this game anymore. I have worked my ****ing *** off to make you fools see what's going on, I've dug into every single one of your gogdamn walls and responded to like every question about three times, have backed up my stance on free-block PLENTY of times now, as well as my stance on Sword, I have not budged to your pressure in any way and have literally nullified every point of suspicion against me.
And yet Clover piles her vote on me without giving a legitimate reason, Rake doesn't react to anything related to it anymore, Krys is depending on his "gut" [which so far has failed him in dGames every single time], T-Block still pushes for my lynch even though he of all people shouldn't have any doubts about Ghebtown anymore and J / Macman - both who are against my lynch - are asking me to claim, as if this was one of the first games of mafia they're playing.

If you just don't like playing mafia with me I'd prefer you guys to just tell me and I'll replace out. That'd save me the frustration of having all of you ****ting on me on principle [and really, at this point it's the only motivation I can see for you guys to do it considering I've gone throught *everything* for you and a lot of it more than once].

Already did that in great detail.

Rake, can you please change your font color? I can't read it with my current background.

I gave you all my read and intent of playing. I didn't like your initial posts in direction toward people asking you questions and beating around the bush like you don't have to answer them.

I didn't jump up and down and scream at you and act like you are scum of the earth. But your intent crosses me as scum aligned and if you have a problem with that, then you are taking it way too personal by not trying to scum hunt as well defend your name...

Furthermore, if you're GOING to defend yourself, "Don't want to play mafia with me"?... If this isn't AtE I don't know what is. Horrible reaction in my opinion, and if anything provides me the satisfication of having pressured you (if you even want to call it pressure).

I am not the one getting angry and thinking you play horrible and should be replaced out. But if you are going to act like that further, than you are useless. I think we all speak for that.

If you end up turning town, then people on your wagon would be inspected obviously. Day 1 shenanigans aside, information out of your flip would prove tremendously useful considering how many people have been on your wagon.

I am just laughing on how people can get so upset over this. Personal attacks on me, Gheb, when you haven't played a single mafia game outside of Legend of Mana? That's rich. You're absolutely wrong that my reads were all wrong. I only read you wrong that day in LoM, and then still decided not to vote you and Mac's hydra because I felt the town vibe and yet, against all odds of your hydra's crap posts, a hint of town intent.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Also further, I've only played Dgames for three games so far; LoM, OS's All stars, and This. Tekken doesn't count. None of those you can pull anything out of your *** about me on, because in LoM I had not been on a single QL wagon, and in LyLo I basically KNEW who scum was. I can't talk about OS right now, and here it's only Day 1.

In short you're ****ing reaching, OMGUSing, AND AtEing all at once, so get your facts straight.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Anyways I'm done pressuring you, if you wanna even call it that.

I will work with you since your posts improved and I'd rather catch scum than watch your slot get more murked up. I reread some of your posts after your newer ones as well. I need some firm stances and reads out of you besides the obvious clover. What do you think of Soup's post here, because it aligns with my thoughts atm.

I want to lean that T-block/Gheb aren't partners in this association, his push on T-block was completely made out of nothing and only used to justify his original reasoning on swords, I don't see reason for Gheb to put his partner on the line like that only he was feeling really confident. I have my gut telling me Gheb is scum also and I really want to nip this in the bud. I honestly can't believe John's play as genuine this game, his lack of doing anything doesn't sit right with me and I would expect for him to at least vote someone. He hasn't even done that, he's idly coasting on nothing. If i can't have Gheb i want to get rid of John as it's my best shot as far as inactive goes.

As far as town-reads go, I've got Rake, Clover and J as strong town-reads, and T-block very dependent on what Gheb flips. Rake dumbtold earlier on, I don't really need specifics on it. J has basically been right with me this whole game and I would be sorely dissapointed if he was scum here, I find his intention genuine and not filled with huge walls that explain nothing and try to get a small point across. Clover really impressed me with her last post and I'm safe to call her town.

Everyone else has basically been dropped down to null besides Swords, because mostly I like swords responses and he's getting pushed on nothing at this point, the only thing I'd look at here is SMoth's push, but this really ties into Gheb just gunning for SMoth right now also.

Personally i'd say there is inactive scum out there, but not all of it is inactive scum, it's going to be a pain reading RadFic and the alike because of this.
The only one I don't agree with is how Soup has a strong town read on Clover exactly.

I want Smoth to post a bit more as well as far as reads go.

I'm reading Soup and Rake as town for the moment if I haven't already said it... T-block and Gheb are opposites for sure. Not sure about how I feel on an RF lynch myself yet.

I'm unvoting for now.

Unvote

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
Sorry about my inactivity. I'm still getting used to playing mafia again and I totally forgot about this game until today.

But whatever. I originally voted Swords because I was using RF's Swords vote to further pressure Swords into reacting in a telling way. Yes I had suspicious that he wasn't town, for just about the same reasons everyone else did, but I didn't think they were enough to start a wagon. Then Gheb started talking in his defense. Not gonna lie, I was ignoring Gheb's posts until he stopped speaking in poetry and I probably should have just kept ignoring them after. I feel like overall Gheb overreacted. Stating your read on someone is fine, defending someone you think is town is fine, but Gheb just produced so much all at once it feels like something hit a nerve.

And then Swords starts agreeing with Gheb. I know buddying isn't a 100% scum read. I know townies can buddy too. But as soon as you say "scum would never buddy because it looks scummy" or anything like that it becomes wifom and you might as well have said "these two people just said 'I'm scum.'"

I am personally fine and set with the idea of Swords/Gheb scumteam and I think Gheb needs to go first.

Vote: Gheb

Also just out of curiosity, Gheb, what is your "case" on me? You mentioned you had/could make one.

#HBC | Dancer

Getting on Gheb's *** because of his AtE is meh. I'm pretty sure he does this as either alignment (I think, someone correct me if I'm wrong) so it's a null tell either way. It just makes him hard to read, because he could very well be genuine emotional and still be scum.

Krys if you still don't know what to think of RF, then what do you think of my case on him?

Moth I have an idea. Try doing something that isn't justifying jumping on the popular wagon of the day. Kthx.

Also I have no idea what you're reading, but where did I buddy Gheb? Are you talking about earlier when I defending him slightly? Otherwise I have no idea what you're talking about. A lot of what I have said about Gheb wouldn't really be qualified as buddying, lol.

HOS: Moth

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
That's pretty funny, Sword. Thought Considering I've only really voted twice I guess it IS hard to believe I would actually agree with the people on those wagons. I mean, it's not like people vote for a reason or anything.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Sorry about my inactivity. I'm still getting used to playing mafia again and I totally forgot about this game until today.

But whatever. I originally voted Swords because I was using RF's Swords vote to further pressure Swords into reacting in a telling way. Yes I had suspicious that he wasn't town, for just about the same reasons everyone else did, but I didn't think they were enough to start a wagon. Then Gheb started talking in his defense. Not gonna lie, I was ignoring Gheb's posts until he stopped speaking in poetry and I probably should have just kept ignoring them after. I feel like overall Gheb overreacted. Stating your read on someone is fine, defending someone you think is town is fine, but Gheb just produced so much all at once it feels like something hit a nerve.

And then Swords starts agreeing with Gheb. I know buddying isn't a 100% scum read. I know townies can buddy too. But as soon as you say "scum would never buddy because it looks scummy" or anything like that it becomes wifom and you might as well have said "these two people just said 'I'm scum.'"

I am personally fine and set with the idea of Swords/Gheb scumteam and I think Gheb needs to go first.

Vote: Gheb

Also just out of curiosity, Gheb, what is your "case" on me? You mentioned you had/could make one.
This post reads all sorts of non-committal, I don't understand how you're trying to string together gheb/swords like this, but make excuses as to why you were on Swords in the first place (see what I bolded.) It doesn't look very good at all. What about Gheb's overreaction makes them a team? That basically sounds like the basis of your read, and it's all about Gheb reacted, but go into further detail why you think a Swords/Gheb team works based on how they've interacted and what really set it off for you.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
The only thing I agree with in recent posts is Gheb's spew of AtE here and there and Krys' underlining of Gheb's post, I really think Gheb is stretching this.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

This post reads all sorts of non-committal, I don't understand how you're trying to string together gheb/swords like this, but make excuses as to why you were on Swords in the first place (see what I bolded.) It doesn't look very good at all. What about Gheb's overreaction makes them a team? That basically sounds like the basis of your read, and it's all about Gheb reacted, but go into further detail why you think a Swords/Gheb team works based on how they've interacted and what really set it off for you.
I have a hard time seeing GhebScum go into the spotlight purposely in order to hard buddy / defend his own scum partner like that, especially because by defending Swords, the most popular wagon at that time, he throws himself right into the meat of the matter.

Unless GhebScum is so cocky and confident in his ability to hard defend his buddy AND create a whole new possible wagon by picking out a member of the wagon to pressure / go after, that he figured "Aww ****, I got this Swords, I'mma rescue you!! "

@Soup and Clover : Do you agree with what I said above more or less ? What are your thoughts on a possible team of Swords and Gheb ?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Sorry Krys, I don't try to be offensive. Just imagine yourself in my situation where people start to wagon you and when you wanna know why they tell you that they have "a gut feeling" and that you "just come across as scummy". I'd really like to know how you'd act if you're talking big now.

And Sword, even if it sounds funny to you ... I've experienced about 5 games or so where J would not listen to me up until the point I started to bust out some big AtE posts and this game is no exception.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Really don't see why we shouldn't lynch Moth toDay btw ...

Request votecount

Pretty sure there's more people voting RF right now than Moth. Despite how much I've complained this game I can't see I don't like why the game's going right now. Moth / RF wagons look a lot more solid than Sword / Gheb wagons from early game.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Sworddancer. (1) - Inferno3044
Gheb_01 (5) - T-Block, Radical Fiction, Anomandaris_Rake, Clover, Shadow Moth
John2k4 (1) - Яagnarock
Shadow Moth (1) - Gheb_01
Radical Fiction (3) - Macman, J, Sworddancer.

Not Voting (2): John2k4, Krystedz

deadline is july 18th 11:59 pm est

with 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch

#HBC | Dancer

That's pretty funny, Sword. Thought Considering I've only really voted twice I guess it IS hard to believe I would actually agree with the people on those wagons. I mean, it's not like people vote for a reason or anything.
Which is precisely my point? You've only voted twice so far this entire game, and the only thing you've done otherwise is justify those votes, which both conveniently happen to of been very popular wagons so far this game.

Hence my whole "Try doing something else" point.

V/la today due to smash tourny.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
vote: Smoth

I currently see nothing wrong with this slot going. All I have seen from him is wagon hopping, noncommitment and lack of doing anything to make firm stances. Of course this is outside the lack of content and activity this slot has.

Top Bottom