• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Disney Sing-A-Long Mafia - GAME OVER, IT'S A HAPPY ENDING FOR DISNEY!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Ehhh, gonna agree with Soup that John can die too. Makes Moth / John / T my prefered lynches toDay.

:059:

Inferno3044

Smash Master
John does the typical side comment and leave which I don't know if he does as scum. If there's a vig I'm all for him killing John. However I think Smoth is a better lynch. All he has done is jump on a wagon and then leave. I don't like it one bit. If we turn towards a direction to lynch John, I will vote him.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Gheb_01 (5) - T-Block, Radical Fiction, Anomandaris_Rake, Clover, Shadow Moth
John2k4 (1) - Яagnarock
Shadow Moth (2) - Gheb_01, Inferno3044
Radical Fiction (3) - Macman, J, Sworddancer.

Not Voting (2): John2k4, Krystedz

deadline is july 18th 11:59 pm est

with 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch

:phone:

Clover

Smash Rookie
Retract all dislike for clover for that last post, but I'm curious as to why you jumped on Gheb as your very post in, did something just click to you as you were reading or something?
This happens to be my second game online, my first non-newbie. Honestly, I was feeling a bit intimidated by being around some of these veteran players, at first, so, I figured I'd let the game progress a bit and see some of the interactions before getting significantly involved. After getting some familiarity with these playstyles and developing my reads, I'm ready to go now.

@J - Your 430:
My gut really wants me to go with RadFic for toDay but something also tells me that I am wrong in that case.
After seeing your RF vote, I'm a bit curious about the latter half of that statement now. Could you clarify why you're still most comfortable voting RF toDay if something tells you that you're wrong?

@Gheb - Your #568:
If she really wants to legitimately join my wagon then she'd have to work through all the longass responses I've given to like everybody in the game. Why is it OK for her to skip that?
I have read through all of it, and I feel that in terms of content, discussion was already thorough. However, my vote was more based on the style of responses I've seen. For example, there's a good amount of unnecessary discrediting of the authority of others.

So apparently the people in this game lack the brains to successfully read what I'm saying.
How likely is it that I as his assumed scumbuddy would jump into his defense so doltishly to let everybody know "I'm his scummate!" that even Krystedez or T - by all means, not the brightest lights in a mafia game, no offense - would draw such an obvious connection? How dumb do you actually think I am?
No Swiss you are not cool and you don't have any advanced skills at reading people.
You're still not cool or impressive, Swiss.
Also, you're dumb if you think Swords or I are plays.
Don't do the same crap that Zen / Ryu / [insert bad player here] does in every game where they just pretend to know stuff or magically figured out something amazing and then screw whole games with it because it's not actually anything worthwhile and just derails everything we've been doing so far.
I have worked my ****ing *** off to make you fools see what's going on
I mean if this kind of bullsht is why you guys are still down to lynch me then you can shove your claim in your deluded *******s
A lot of this aggression has no sort of beneficial purpose. In my opinion, there's more of playing personally than playing logically, here. What I see overall is an attempt to establish some sort of authority to justify your actions.

In terms of what I saw as "overdefensiveness," Soup basically covered that in #399.

I mentioned three of your posts specifically, not one. Also, yes, I don't have the experience you do, but does that make my thoughts less valid?

@John2k4 - Who exactly do you consider "better fish," at this point, and, why?

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Gheb_01 (5) - T-Block, Radical Fiction, Anomandaris_Rake, Clover, Shadow Moth
John2k4 (1) - Яagnarock
Shadow Moth (2) - Gheb_01, Inferno3044
Radical Fiction (3) - Macman, J, Sworddancer.

Not Voting (2): John2k4, Krystedz

deadline is july 18th 11:59 pm est

with 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch

:phone:
*looks at votecount*

unvote

Are we good with just going Gheb today or are we really going to be trying to push RadFic? Clover doesn't seem open to the idea and SMoth doesn't really either, Rake might change but everyone else doesn't seem likely.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
inferno what do you think of me?
I don't recall too much activity from you, but with your scum reads on both RF and myself I at least have an idea of where your head is. In time I will eventually determine your alignment. Jw, who would you consider your 2 strongest town reads (obviously yourself doesn't count)?

*looks at votecount*

unvote

Are we good with just going Gheb today or are we really going to be trying to push RadFic? Clover doesn't seem open to the idea and SMoth doesn't really either, Rake might change but everyone else doesn't seem likely.
I think SMoth is a better choice to lynch because I feel there is the smallest loss from lynching him. It's a slot I find fairly scummy coupled with a lack of activity and commitment. I like where my vote is. Gheb is still a slot I have yet to decipher though.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
ok so, rake, soup, J, obv town.
lynch pool is rf, moth, john. but i could atleast get behind 2 others. Moth and John have been useless, and moth is either really bad or scum. I'm kinda leaning both. inferno has been looking better to me as of late.

soup, we should let gheb live.

rf still hasn't given us anything. guys the dude is scum

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
*looks at votecount*

unvote

I'd be willing to see SMoth / Gheb go toDay.

I will help push RF , but I want more than a gut read. yes the pushes and lack of follow-up are a point, but I'm going to need someone to solidify and show me the scum intent behind what RF is doing.

Plus not to ask a obvious question , but are we really assuming that an RF under pressure will do more than a RF not under any pressure ?

And for how long do we intend to push RF ?

I agree with Inferno wrt :

I think SMoth is a better choice to lynch because I feel there is the smallest loss from lynching him. It's a slot I find fairly scummy coupled with a lack of activity and commitment. I like where my vote is. Gheb is still a slot I have yet to decipher though.
But i think this should be more of a "if nothing scummy comes up and we can't nail a scummer to the wall" type deal.

My vote is still on Gheb mainly because of his recent bout of A.t.E and find myself agreeing with what Krys and Clover said about it and with my own response which was my confusion at how it was town beneficial at all.

However, if someone does as I stated as above and shows me the scum intent behind RF's posts and such, I will move. I'll re-read RF myself as well in the mean time.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

I also want to hear from John about who these " better fish " are.

I am finding it hard to like that slot when it just drops in , leaves a small comment with no elaboration then bounces.

But i have no idea if that's just laziness or w/e.

BTW in case anyone cares, John is a strong null for me at this point.

Radical Fiction

Ryker|Swiss
John is the one player I would agree with Mac/J on given what I've seen of their stances.

I make no apologies. I have not read all of this game. I've skimmed it and have a vague idea from everyone for the past two days. There's a blank from prior to the 12 after wherever I started reading.

I'm not going to be reading the rest of the game without Swiss catching me online and reading everything with me.

Gheb can die for one post, literally one post. He tells Swiss to shut up and to let me do the posting. I have LITERALLY never seen that from him aside from where he did it to us in Dissidia. That threw up a red flag where he was scum then and it certainly does here. NOTHING he's done since then has made me feel better about him.

Sworddancer had such an ungodly terrible reaction to pressure in the beginning of the game. We started on him after started asking after the tonality of a post. The way Sworddancer approached this game at the start accomplished nothing except looking like he was doing something. Then, votes started coming out. He cared for nothing but numero uno. After that, he disappeared until he wasn't a huge conversation topic and could try and better his reputation.

Shoot him in the face.

Moth doesn't need to die if no one has something damn solid on him. If he's scum, he'll **** up badly and we can shoot him there. I see people wanting to vig him for "just wagoning." You're a moron if you take that shot. Shoot John everytime.

Radical Fiction

Ryker|Swiss
I don't like Macman. I don't like J.

I do like Soup. I do like Rake.

I do not like Inferno anymore. I do not dislike Inferno.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Yeah , so RF, welcome to null leaning town-ville.

Also, your point on Swords is very accurate and I'd like to see Swords reaction to it.

Also, if that is true of SMoth, then I will move John into SMoth's place for "needs to die if we don't get anything" place on the chopping block as it were.

Also maybe Swiss is just hungover ?

Radical Fiction

Ryker|Swiss
I have no idea about what Moth has done this game. He's voting Gheb. Fine by me.

Tell me something other than "he joined a wagon" and I'll give you something more than "shoot John."

I'm going to play this game, but I'm going to be V/LA for a smash tourney in Louisianna tomorrow and I am going to shamelessly ignore reading about ten pages in depth.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

SMoth has essentially only done just that.

SMoth was on board for Swords with little reasoning out-right provided by SMoth and when things swung towards Gheb , SMoth moved their as well.

Soup pointed out one of SMoth's posts which presented what amounted to blegh reasoning and came of as SMoth being not trustable, I'll dig up SMoth's post and Soup's response to it for you

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Sorry about my inactivity. I'm still getting used to playing mafia again and I totally forgot about this game until today.

But whatever. I originally voted Swords because I was using RF's Swords vote to further pressure Swords into reacting in a telling way. Yes I had suspicious that he wasn't town, for just about the same reasons everyone else did, but I didn't think they were enough to start a wagon. Then Gheb started talking in his defense. Not gonna lie, I was ignoring Gheb's posts until he stopped speaking in poetry and I probably should have just kept ignoring them after. I feel like overall Gheb overreacted. Stating your read on someone is fine, defending someone you think is town is fine, but Gheb just produced so much all at once it feels like something hit a nerve.

And then Swords starts agreeing with Gheb. I know buddying isn't a 100% scum read. I know townies can buddy too. But as soon as you say "scum would never buddy because it looks scummy" or anything like that it becomes wifom and you might as well have said "these two people just said 'I'm scum.'"

I am personally fine and set with the idea of Swords/Gheb scumteam and I think Gheb needs to go first.

Vote: Gheb

Also just out of curiosity, Gheb, what is your "case" on me? You mentioned you had/could make one.
This post reads all sorts of non-committal, I don't understand how you're trying to string together gheb/swords like this, but make excuses as to why you were on Swords in the first place (see what I bolded.) It doesn't look very good at all. What about Gheb's overreaction makes them a team? That basically sounds like the basis of your read, and it's all about Gheb reacted, but go into further detail why you think a Swords/Gheb team works based on how they've interacted and what really set it off for you.

Here is why people (Soup mainly IIRC, although I believe I commented on this too) are looking at SMoth closer / again.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

EBWOP :Soup bolded the:

I originally voted Swords because I was using RF's Swords vote to further pressure Swords into reacting in a telling way. Yes I had suspicious that he wasn't town, for just about the same reasons everyone else did, but I didn't think they were enough to start a wagon

portion of SMoth's post.

Radical Fiction

Ryker|Swiss
Shoot John. Shoot him after if Clover and Krys aren't ********.

As long as strong players are alive and Moth isn't paying much attention to this game, he'll never be a leader. He'll follow around whatever he thinks looks solid, regardless of alignment.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Are you guys done pushing me on non-tells yet? AtE is a scumtell since when @Rake? Once again, you make all kind of accusations against me but fail to show how said accusation relates to me being scum in any way. There is nothing inherently scummy, nor pro-town about AtE so you better explain why it's supposedly so scummy of me to do.
Also, you're like the only reason why the wagon against me has any sort of credibility left. Clover is still pushing me mainly on AtE / emotional stuff [non-tells], RF can't be trusted, T is still suspect and hasn't posted in a while [as well as him having no reason to suspect me anymore] and Moth is very likely the play toDay. That means 3 of the 5 votes on me are coming from the people we should get rid of and Clover's / your vote are there despit being able to point out any relationship between the way I'm playing and scuminess.

You're also extremely stubborn with the way you keep sitting on my wagon and are very counter-productive to other wagons with that. If you actually bothered to switch to Moth / RF this game may actually move forward rather than be all about me for 5th time and you guys still learning nothing you haven't learnt from me already anyway.

RF:

"Gheb can die for one post, literally one post. He tells Swiss to shut up and to let me do the posting. I have LITERALLY never seen that from him aside from where he did it to us in Dissidia. That threw up a red flag where he was scum then and it certainly does here."

What crap. You were scum in Dissidia and the only reason I said that was because I initially found Swiss' comic-responses unfunny, which has literally nothing to do with anything that's happening here.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Hey. Off that Gheb wagon. There's better fish.
Like?

John does the typical side comment and leave which I don't know if he does as scum. If there's a vig I'm all for him killing John. However I think Smoth is a better lynch. All he has done is jump on a wagon and then leave. I don't like it one bit. If we turn towards a direction to lynch John, I will vote him.
John hasn't even done side commentary. He's simply occasionally posted one liners as to justify not posting side commentary.

*looks at votecount*

unvote

We should pressure others right now. I don't see the point in pulling a Marshy and ending the Day short when they're are still a couple who need to provide their opinions toDay.

RF said:
Sworddancer had such an ungodly terrible reaction to pressure in the beginning of the game. We started on him after started asking after the tonality of a post. The way Sworddancer approached this game at the start accomplished nothing except looking like he was doing something. Then, votes started coming out. He cared for nothing but numero uno. After that, he disappeared until he wasn't a huge conversation topic and could try and better his reputation.
1. "An ungodly terrible reaction to pressure?" How so? I can't respond to something that isn't actually backed up.
2. Do you not believe me when I said that I was simply trying to stimulate discussion? Me asking about the tonality of a post was just that. You've seen the SAME exact approach to early game done by others before. What makes this so different? What makes this me simply trying to seem like I'm doing something rather than me actually trying to move the game forward?
3. You haven't read for awhile, right? Have you seen my play lately? If so, then how can you still be judging me off of something that happened in early game? I KNOW Ryker the method that you use to read me as town (how open that I'm being), and I KNOW that you shouldn't be seeing me as scum from what has happened as of late.
4. I only cared about "numero uno?" Why? Again you need to back this up.
5. "I disappeared after I wasn't a huge conversation topic?" I was busy with school and friends. Besides I was only gone for like, 2-3 days. Being preoccupied is something that you should understand
6. "I'm trying to better my reputation?" That's an empty accusation that you can't prove one way or the other.

@Macman: Why do you want Gheb to live toDay?

@Gheb: I'm pretty sure TB is v/la right now. '

@J: I need you to answer those questions aimed at you please.

#HBC | Dancer

I'd be willing to see SMoth / Gheb go toDay.

I will help push RF , but I want more than a gut read. yes the pushes and lack of follow-up are a point, but I'm going to need someone to solidify and show me the scum intent behind what RF is doing.

Plus not to ask a obvious question , but are we really assuming that an RF under pressure will do more than a RF not under any pressure ?

And for how long do we intend to push RF ?
What bugs me about RF is the fact that they played in just a way that could only be interpreted as null earlier. I don't really that accusation can hold up now, but obviously I don't think someone is going to play in a certain way after being called out on it.

Like, it's a safe position for RF to be in, because it keeps them away from WIFOM of "why didn't they die during the Night," and it allows him to make pushes while keeping his cards close to his chest just because "that's the way they ALWAYS play."

Lol yes RF will do more under pressure. Trust me on that. They might say that "we need to let them play the game," but faced with the threat of dying, Ryker/Swiss will definitely do more, unless they are legit busy.

Besides, couldn't you really brush aside any push by simply questioning rather or not it will be useful? That's a counter-productive mindset if you ask me.

"How long do we intend to push RF?" As long as it takes. There is no "set" amount of time that's needed to push anyone, it just plays out naturally.

#HBC | Dancer

RF make catching up in the game your first priority if you're really that pushed for time.

Also I'm going to need you to expend on those other reads that aren't me or Gheb.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
J on a weirdness scale, would this be normal Swiss / Ryker weird or "watch out he's planning to kill us all with fire" weird ?
Well they are never truly "weird" but moreso just...odd but that is just semantics talking there. Basically they are always "watch out their planning to kill us all with fire" because they will always look out for numero uno(themselves) when push comes to shove and to be honest, they have every right to in terms of logic because why should they stick their neck out for someone else? They are a weird slot to delve into because they like to semi-act the same regardless of alignment and it is very little things that they will slip up on and drop in terms of letting their alignment slip through.

J, I still find you weird ... why aren't you behind the RF push more? You only seem to half-push players so far.

You find me weird because I still have you open as an option to lynch.

I wasn't more behind the RF push because I have been extremely busy as of late. Only seem to half-push? Eh, I'll take that hit a bit but it's due to my lack of time for this game. However, when I have pushed, I have been behind them. Like my push on you for example, I provided reasoning for it and pushed it, then I got slammed with AtE. I also voted Rake which caused the dude to drop a lot of points to get me off him so that push was short-lived but more good reason. Now RF push came during the time where I had like no time to play.

Speaking of, there really isn't anything to respond to in your last wall to me.

I still got my eye on you, Gheb.

Good point at the end of 463, and I would like to see J respond to it.

Actually, eww at J's 522. You're cool with a claim but not a lynch? Why?

@J: You still need to reply to Gheb's 463 and 464. Could you do that please?
Can I ask you to tell me what exactly you want me to respond to w.r.t. Gheb? I don't really see what you are talking about needing to respond or wanting me to get to something in them.

Yes, I am cool with a Gheb claim. Here's the thing I am coming to realize with Gheb. He is a variable. He has become way too much of a detriment in terms of determining his alignment and also scum will leave him in terms of NK'ing him and also he will always be up for a lynch unless his play takes a dramatic turn for the better. I want a claim so I can see his mentality more and also get more insight into a slot which I see as a slot that will most likely either need to be lynched or most likely will be hit with an investigative by the time end-game rolls around. I, at the moment, would probably prefer RF or Moth or even John right now but a claim from Gheb does not strike a bad chord with me. In fact, I am pretty much okay with letting go of Gheb toDay and will vote him if need be. Fact is, not now.

I hope that answers your question more.

@J - Your 430:

After seeing your RF vote, I'm a bit curious about the latter half of that statement now. Could you clarify why you're still most comfortable voting RF toDay if something tells you that you're wrong?
Gut vs. Logic. Usually how I play this game, logically, RF is playing scummy. Gut, it's not much of anything but a null-tell within some of their posts. Reason that made me switch to them was their bandwagon hop onto Gheb. A point Swords made that I insanely agree to is the point where they are setting themselves up to have a scum-read on slots regardless of what happens to them:

Gheb can die for one post, literally one post. He tells Swiss to shut up and to let me do the posting. I have LITERALLY never seen that from him aside from where he did it to us in Dissidia. That threw up a red flag where he was scum then and it certainly does here. NOTHING he's done since then has made me feel better about him.

Shoot him in the face.

Moth doesn't need to die if no one has something damn solid on him. If he's scum, he'll **** up badly and we can shoot him there. I see people wanting to vig him for "just wagoning." You're a moron if you take that shot. Shoot John everytime.
I like this post from RF to be completely honest but the points aren't substntial and as said by Ryker, they are weak due to not being full read-up. I mean the points in specific I am referring to is Ryker's points on Gheb due to Dissidia and it being a meta tell and then the Swords one is just one I don't agree to nor do I see his point. Points may seem flimsy, but something about this post makes me like him.

However:

I don't like Macman. I don't like J.

I do like Soup. I do like Rake.

I do not like Inferno anymore. I do not dislike Inferno.

Haha all joking aside, but what are the Macman and J reads besides blatant OMGUS from being a detriment to your survival this game? You've said you would swing a Macman lynch and that my slot is annoying but you are just leaving options open and not really backing it up, why?

Rest of the reads are cookie cutter and this post makes me take away the points I liked from the previous post.

What bugs me about RF is the fact that they played in just a way that could only be interpreted as null earlier. I don't really that accusation can hold up now, but obviously I don't think someone is going to play in a certain way after being called out on it.

Like, it's a safe position for RF to be in, because it keeps them away from WIFOM of "why didn't they die during the Night," and it allows him to make pushes while keeping his cards close to his chest just because "that's the way they ALWAYS play."
This, as explained above, is nothing really indicative of alignment.

Swords said:
Lol yes RF will do more under pressure. Trust me on that. They might say that "we need to let them play the game," but faced with the threat of dying, Ryker/Swiss will definitely do more, unless they are legit busy.

Besides, couldn't you really brush aside any push by simply questioning rather or not it will be useful? That's a counter-productive mindset if you ask me.

"How long do we intend to push RF?" As long as it takes. There is no "set" amount of time that's needed to push anyone, it just plays out naturally.
This, however, is legit. I keep finding myself playing hot N cold with your logic Swords but when you do make the points that are on fire, they are smoking good.

Conclusion:

Still fine with my RF vote, they really haven't done anything in terms of making me see them as town. I'm also fine with Gheb going especially in terms of deadline getting closer and the fact of having a lynch and lynching him would be a lot better in terms of info over lynching someone like Moth/John. I'd settle for them if push came to shove.

Join the RF wagon, it's the cool thing to do. Scummy, info, threat? What more could you ask for?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
RF, sell me on Gheb. That's pretty much the only other way I am looking at how this day should end for optimal gain.

Sorry if it's putting you in a rock and a hard place but it's all I am really seeing toDay.

Radical Fiction

Ryker|Swiss
Swissaiii back.

Rake, Swords - synopsis please.

>mfw Ryker has pretending to be me and I wreck a gambit.

Haven't read, but didn't get arrested this time so GG.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
No J, I don't find you 'weird because you have me open as a lynch option'. I find you weird that you have me open for a lynch option but need RF to sell you on it. RF himself is also a lynch option for you but you're not pushing him and you're not pushing him either. Just take a firm stance on somebody already or at least vote Moth instead of clogging up the game by just switching between the two most popular targets.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Of course you're not actually "switching" between us but you're pretty much saying 'I'm voting RF now but I might as well vote Gheb anyway."

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
RF needs to sell me on you because that's the only other route I am comfortable with losing toDay. Sure, we can cop-out to the inactive/could be scum lynch but when does that ever turn out positive for town? Not that much.

I'm taking a firm stance, Gheb, it's just not one you like. Both you and RF can die toDay.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
The votes say otherwise. You could say it all you want, but I could just switch my vote to you and that's L-1

Your play says otherwise.

Even then, you're a bad-loose ended variable that provides a load of info.

I hate to haggle with you but the odds aren't in your favour this time and I can't see much good reason to keep you around. The best you have done for me to try and convince me as another option for you to not be lynched is an inactive lynch which just not satiate your earlier play.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I'm not even on your wagon and it's like you are asking me to vote you/lynch you. What is your game-plan Gheb?

It's just so self-destructive this game and I am not getting what you are ultimately trying to accomplish.

Top Bottom