• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Disney Sing-A-Long Mafia - GAME OVER, IT'S A HAPPY ENDING FOR DISNEY!

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
John take your play this game and go drown it in a pool of acid. Pretty convenient time to get emotional on us. "I'm just ready to be done with this game." Like we were even that unfair to you this game.

More of less my feelings towards John summed up in one expression.

unvote
FOS John

I'm not completing letting this go. While John's "defeatist attitude" (as J puts it) does look genuine, I'm not going to just forget that he coasted throughout the entire game. Plus it's not like I haven't seen scum play up the AtE a dozen times already right before they get lynched. At least I know I've done it before (Rusty Guillotine).

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Super hard skimmed to post 300. J's probably not scum with Soup (and thus not scum at all). There interactions were too natural looking. Also TB and Inferno are not scum together. I don't think TB would flip flop on a partner on he has if they were partners. Soup played super good this game as he hasn't really left any obvious trails back to his partners.

Vinyl's slot is looking better toDay. I've been reminded why I don't like John. Haven't really gone in depth on TB or Gheb yet, and I won't for the time being (finals Monday and Tuesday).

John2k4

The End of an Era
@Swords -I don't want to go any further into that defeatist stuff until endgame.

:phone:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Sorry, I've been V/LA but failed to announce it. Let me read up and see what happened.

:059:

Inferno3044

Smash Master
J let's talk. I want you to be town this game and possibly hardbody some scum. Obviously I know you think T-Block is scum and depending on his claim I might hammer. Who do you think is the last scummy?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Like: Swords/Vinyl/Clover/John as my strong reads
Kind of like: Macman
Remainder: Inferno/Gheb

Inferno3044

Smash Master
I'm with you on Swords, Vinyl, and Clover as town. I want John dead and I think Gheb is scum. However T-Block said he won't be back until Tuesday. I want people to give input but they are being lazy. Gheb get in here and say something useful.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Inferno, you should let John out of your view of wanting him dead (unless you're joking or something).

I know that what he's doing seems...........dumb and wisecracking or something, But if you read up what I said on #1226, it does make sense.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
I am not going to move my vote for a few reasons:

1. I want T-Block to claim before I think of hammering him.
2. I don't want to move my vote and start a new wagon because I don't want the T-Block wagon to die down.
3. If by some odd way we get a wagon back onto John by the end of today, I'm still for it.

I will hammer T-Block if I see it as a wise decision.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
That's I'm gonna tell you to do. Unvote.

Because now, the only I think John would be scum is this:

Could it be that he's voting John, and John is soup's scumbuddy?
Well, that's less likely to happen. It can still go out like that, but it's pretty rare, isn't it?
I still think it's less likely to be possible that would be it, though.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
John2k4 (1): Inferno3044
T-block (3): John2k4, J, Clover

Not Voting (5): Vinyl., Gheb_01, T-block, Sworddancer., Macman

deadline is august 7 11:59 pm est

with 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Mafia bus each other all the time. They do it to try and look more towny by saying "oh look I found a mafia and lynched him." They will also do it for distancing purposes so when a player flips scum they wont directly look their buddy.

Not to be rude Vinyl but I like my vote where it is. But as I said, T-Block's claim can easily change my view on him and I will vote him. Im willing to cooperate, but in the end I still think he needs to die. Why are you so concerned with one vote on John?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Sorry for the delay guys but here are my thoughts summarized:

1.) Strongly disagree Vinyl town read from people like J and Macman [IIRC]. Those "man these 2 or 3 posts are soooo townie"-reads are almost always complete crapshots and really not worth a damn, especially on a player whom we have zero meta-information on when it comes down to how he plays with non-newbs. Krys has also been null literally all game and those two or three posts will not change my mind so soon.

2.) Clover is not clear, guys. Not to say that he isn't a major town read but cleared is something entirely different. I might come across as nit-picky here but I feel like it may come back to haunt us if we're silly about him/her being supposedly "cleared" when that's not true at all. Let's just stick with what we *know*: Soup was scum and Rake was abductor. We can not know whether Rake actually had comparison cop abilities or if he actually had the knowledge of them being unaligned. We also have no reason to trust a confirmed scumbag so let's not assume things that we don't actually know to be true. Clover is "likely town", not "clear".

3.) I really don't see why people think T is a better play than John all of a sudden. And that's coming from the guy who wanted T-Block dead from Day 1. Soup having tried to bus John alone is just so ... obvious that I'm baffled by how many people are willing to clear him by 2 QQ posts. I'm not letting that fly, just like I won't let the Vinyl being pro-town based on two post-thingy fly.

4.) Inferno is scum. He has to be. Based on the way he's played the "I told you so card!" toDay alone I have very little doubt about this. There is absolutely no reason for town to ever make such a comment and try to gain credit from Rake's indy flip. Only mafia would have any reason to do that. There's another post from him toDay that reeks and will comment on in my next post.

Vote Inferno

Inferno / John
T-Block

^ my current lynchpool. Soup / Inferno / John team makes a lot of sense in my book, especially when I think about how hard all three "hesitated" around voting me yesterDay when most people wanted me dead. That just reeks of the old "scumbag defending townie to gain credibility upon his mislynch", something all three of them did Day 2. And inferno begging for credibility via Rake's indy flip completely confirms this idea for me.

:059:

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Allow me to explain Gheb. Everyone basically went along Rake blindly almost going with him as cleared town. However I had questioned him and challenged everything he said and everyone called me dumb or scum for it. Everything I said against him was 100% right and you guys would've let him go to endgame riding on that. I originally had him as mafia but him being an indy made me feel real good because of people who call me a sheep or inexperienced player. I got that read on my own, nobody believed me and im happy about it. I don't always get scum reads right and knowing that I can get these reads feels good. Yes I know indyRake doesn't clear me the slightest but im ready to catch all the other scum.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I have non-newb meta w.r.t. Vinyl and have probably been watching him since he first started playing legitely.

I like the point you pointed out which I was feeling as well w.r.t. Inferno with playing the "I told you so!" card a bit too much.

T-block

B2B TST
On John2k4 -

His play matches his scum meta much more than his town meta:
I compared his posts in this game with both ModMafia and Paper Mario Mafia. He is showing the same timid and scared behaviour as he did as scum, whereas as town he is generally less afraid of making posts.

His other activity suggests that he is “hiding” behind being too busy to keep up with this game:
Invites to Deadpool mafia were sent out towards the end of D1 in this game, with the invitation explicitly stating that a high activity level would be required. John accepted, despite being behind here, promising many times to catch up in this game. He also mentions in this post that he was reading TTYD, a game that had already completed, during N1. By the start of D2, he still had not put any effort into continuing his catchup here.

John is not an *******. I’d like to think that if he were town, when he expresses regret and apologizes for being unable to deliver content he is being sincere. That leads me to believe he is exaggerating how little time he has to give to this game in order to avoid giving content - this links back to his scared scum mentality.

Soup’s interactions with John suggest scum distancing:
The above two points are admittedly relatively weak. This point forms the core of my reasoning on scumJohn. Read post 393 and the one following it within the context of the events current at the time. Discussion was focused on me vs. Gheb, with a wagon on Gheb and a potential wagon building on me and he decides to quote the votecount and vote John out of the blue. It looks very much like an attempt at distancing.

Moreover, look at post 486, which occurs after Gheb begins talk of an inactive lynch. His choice is Clover, not John, despite saying that John was his giving him the strongest scum vibes in post 476 - John only gets a sideline mention here. Why Clover over John? Now jump to the end of the Day, as the Shadow Moth wagon was picking up speed. Sworddancer says he would go either John or Moth. Rake says he would go either John or Moth. RF says he prefers John. The possibility of swinging the lynch to the slot on which he had a “goddamn scum-read” (post 814) was very real, yet he votes for Moth in post 728.

T-block

B2B TST
On J -

Smaller things that bother me:
  • It’s weird how J has been asking for song claims this whole game. He plays it off as a joke (“I just like listening to the songs haha”), but he always asks with genuine desire to hear the claim.
  • Why does he say he is skeptical of Soup’s nameclaim of Under the Sea, but then says it makes sense from a flavour perspective?
  • Why does he mention he is more scared of tracker/watcher in post 783?
  • Post 795 was surprisingly defensive coming from J... overly so.
  • I feel that he dropped the Sword indy suspicion too easily.
  • In post 1160, when he supposedly has strong scum reads on me and Inferno, he calls me scum for my push on John, but calls Inferno a sheep rather than a scummate.

J has acted oddly around the wagon of John:
A quick summary of J’s stance on John D1/D2:
  • Post 715 - says John is more anti-town than scummy; wants Moth lynch before John lynch
  • Post 818 - says he is not sold on John being scum, but does not like his play

That’s it. If he thinks John is town, and that my hop onto him was opportunistic, what’s to be said about his own jump onto John, threatening to hammer? But that’s not that an important angle at this point, because they’re both actually scum.

After I call twice for J’s vote to go on John, J makes post 1139, saying he is contemplating hammering John. What? Where did a willingness to hammer come from? He says in post 1142 that he needs to admit that his reads are a little bit off and that he could be reading John wrong. However, he then goes and says that John’s posts D3 have been a “different shade of bad” (implying scummy, I’d assume). John claims VT, and J suddenly switches to refusing to lynch John in post 1154. Where did that confidence in townJohn come from? In post 1182 he states that his defeatist tone “screams town”, claiming that he would have been hammering John more as anti-town. Again, what? First of all, does he really derive that much confidence in townJohn just from his defeatist tone? I don’t buy that. Then, he has a gut town read on a player, and thinks he is more anti-town than scum, yet he is contemplating ending the Day with his lynch rather than push a slot that he supposedly finds legitimately scummy (mine)? It doesn’t make sense from a town perspective.

J’s approach to T-block and Gheb have not been from a town perspective:
J has been pushing my slot in an insincere fashion all game, and the push does not come out of town motivation. Look at post 334, where he says that even though he dislikes Gheb, he likes the fact that he is voting me. This implies that J himself dislikes my slot, but the ONLY reason he has given for disliking me at this point is in post 288 for having Inferno as town. He does not elaborate any further on why he dislikes me. He does not address where I justified my town read on Inferno. He does not dig any further into my slot, but is instead content to voice shallow discontent and simply state that he is willing to lynch me. This is not townJ’s mentality.

Then at the beginning of D2, he has another convenient TvS on the T-block vs. Gheb interaction, with a scumread on the abductee, and a townread on the slot whom people were beginning to label as town towards the end of D1. This trend had been going on since early D1 - finding Gheb more suspicious when he was the more popular choice, and finding me more suspicious when I was the more popular choice. He finally gives more reason to have me as scum in post 1232 and it’s bull****. He reiterates his TvS read (and even says my lynch would turn Gheb into a scumpick if I flip town - setting up that mislynch if Gheb is town). He calls my hop onto John opportunistic, even though I was the first one to provide the Soup-bus angle, which is reasoning more solid than anything that had been presented so far. His post 1166 is grimy in asking me to quote John suspicion from earlier - because I wasn’t around to even have the opportunity to give it.

I’ve already touched a bit on his approach to Gheb, but I want to specifically point out that he is comfortable with saying Gheb looks bad in post 334, yet in the very same post he admits that he cannot fully understand his poetry (sidenote: I don’t believe that he had so much trouble reading Gheb’s posts - the man loves theatre... he has a goddamn favourite Shakespearean play, and he is unable to extract the meaning from Gheb’s poetry? I’m an engineer - I deal with numbers all day and I haven’t read a proper novel in four years - and I had no trouble understanding him. J’s no idiot either). Would a town mindset (with a player as strong as J) cast suspicion on a player without understanding his posts? He flops into a scumGheb stance shortly after, claiming to have re-read his posts. Why wouldn’t he do that earlier? Again, not a town mentality.

The Soup connection:
Reread the exchange between Soup and J when T-block vs. Gheb starts up, starting with post 310. Why does he ask Soup what he thinks about the situation? Note how weird he is being with always bringing up that Soup says what he wants to say (345, 346). Let me be clear that I’m not trying to suggest they are scum together because they are agreeing with each other. I am suggesting that they are scum together because the interaction looks scripted. Look at post 668 as well - what is the point of that question? Post 844 reads scripted as well.

I also want to point out the episode in which Soup calls J indy. He first voices indyJ suspicion in post 848, but Sworddancer is his main indy candidate. By post post 887 he is firmly asserting that J is indy. What changed between those two posts? Soup claims it was because he did not like J’s jump onto him (post 954) and a gut feeling stemming from the fact that I was the one who was abducted (post 987). Soup’s reasoning is weak, and his sudden confidence that J is indy does not make sense. So what is his motivation? It’s not survival - casting indy suspicion on someone else when you are under mafia suspicion is never going to get you out of a lynch. His motivation is distancing. What changed between Soup having Sworddancer as a top indy pick is the fact that Rake had come out with his result. This is when he begins distancing by calling J indy, fabricating reasoning such as “your jump sucked” (a jump that was induced by what is functionally a cop guilty) and night action WIFOM.

T-block

B2B TST
Full reads on the rest of the player list:

J - scum
Inferno - his play has been pretty scummy imo, but I am okay labelling as town conditionally on his claim; however, he is solid town if J is scum because of 1160, and because of their interactions in general
Macman - null; I want to see him substantiate his reasoning for having me as scum due to Soup/Gheb’s interactions; hasn’t done enough for me to have much of a read on him otherwise
Gheb_01 - town; gonna swallow my pride here and acknowledge I was probably quite wrong about this slot, partly because I don’t really see anything scummy in his later play, and partly because I already have two scum; I still dislike his defence of Sworddancer early in the game, and I’m looking forward to having him yell at me explain it post-game, but that is insignificant when compared to the scumminess surrounding John and J
Krystedez/Vinyl. - town due to replacement; dangerous meta call maybe, but I’ve talked to Krys about mafia and I’m confident in saying he would enjoy being scum too much to replace out; Vinyl. has also not done anything to raise flags
John2k4 - scum
Clover - null leaning slightly town as an isolated read; I’m not seeing where the strong town reads are coming from; he did ask some fairly good questions (noting post 606), but he jumped on me with absolutely no reasoning, with the last mention of me being that I looked better than Gheb, and has been sheepish and lacking in activity - nothing giving me strong town vibes; scumJ flip would move Clover to strong town though, due to Rake being the NK choice
Sworddancer - town; I don’t think it makes sense for Soup to encourage the indySword suspicion in the way that he did (just giving his support, without any underlying reasoning as to why the theory made sense, only giving generic, weak reasoning when asked for it); I also have no issues with his play outside of the very awkward early posts

T-block

B2B TST
Addressing some of the things brought up against me -

First, just want to make sure everyone has their facts straight about my play this game.

I was active in the beginning of the game. I started with Sworddancer suspicion, which led to a strong push on Gheb while voicing dislike for J, stating that I would flesh out that read eventually. I then went V/LA, pre-announced at the start of the game, and came back the day before deadline, where the main point of discussion was deciding on a lynch between Shadow Moth and John. I started rereading both John and Moth, but there was not much time for me to do much, especially with a hammer ending the day much earlier than actual deadline. I was then abducted N1, and came back D3 pushing John.

There was no time for me to voice a suspicion on John, but more importantly, the John suspicion was not nearly as strong as it was at the beginning of toDay.

A couple of other things:

Yes, Soup was a strong town read of mine, and I can’t wait to read incoming attempts to spin my interaction with him as SvS. Yes, I was questioning him for his Gheb town read D1, and yes, I dropped it fairly quickly, without receiving a truly satisfying response. At that point, there had been several iterations of me asking essentially the same question. I thought I probably wouldn’t get a much better answer, so I noted it, labelling it as Soup’s poor communication abilities in expressing a read, and moved on.

When I came into D3, I was excited to be back in the game without having missed too much, when I didn’t have high hopes for returning to the game at all (I had Krys as the abductor when I was informed I had gone missing, and I did not see his death coming anywhere in the near future). I had done my analysis of John’s posts during N1, had had time to think about the game with the scumSoup flip in mind, and came in here with guns blazing. I read D2 again in more detail, and was posting my thoughts as they came to mind, at a pace I myself could barely keep up with. My unvote in 1159 is when I decided to calm down a little bit, step back, and decide whether I preferred a John or a J lynch. However, J managed to sneak in an unfortunate ninja post that made it look like I was backing down after his questioning.

Look at the time of the posts. Here’s how it went down from my perspective:
  • 1:57pm - Hmm, John claimed VT. I still want to lynch him. T-block votes John2k4 and says he can still die.
  • 1:58pm - Wait a sec, J is now refusing to lynch John.... T-block asks J about the change in attitude.
  • 1:59pm - Hmm... more things I hate about J’s play. Maybe I should calm down for a bit so I can evaluate things and see if I actually prefer a J lynch. T-block unvotes.

T-block

B2B TST
Good thing I decided to break that up into separate posts x.x

I think I’ve said all I want to say at this point. If enough people still want a claim from me, say so now, and I’ll oblige.

Where I stand right now is that I want a John or a J lynch. I'm not sure which I want more at the moment. J is more able to worm out of a lynch given time, and his lynch gives much more information, but I am slightly more confident on John being scum (confident on both though).

Probably gonna go this way, if I can get enough people to join me:

vote: J

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Wow, hello second wind. Thanks for that TB. I'm ready to actually play now/destroy your last post couple of posts.

T-block

B2B TST
i spent

four hours last night

staying up until 3:30

then another five some hours today slacking at work finalizing content and typing it up

if both john and j are town i'm seriously gonna quit mafia

hell, if either is town i'll probably quit

Top Bottom