• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Disney Presents: Kingdom of Combat (a Disney-themed platform fighting game)

Which version of Mickey Mouse should we use?

• Classic Mickey Mouse

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Fantasia Mickey Mouse

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1: Mary Poppins - I still stand by how much moveset potential Mary Poppins has. And now that alternate costumes are on the table, we already have enough to fill that quota of skins for her character.
2: Tinker Bell - She's been a Disney mascot since the 50s, which was only possible because not even Walt was so sure his TV show would succeed, so he put Tink on it just in case. Well, it looks like a textbook case of "task failed successfully", because when the TV show was a hit, so was Tinker Bell. Plus, she's a fairy who could invent things. She's practically a combination of Gadget Hackwrench and Crysta from Ferngully decades before both of them were first drawn.
3: Luz Noceda - Not only is Luz a female fighter, not only does she literally have endless potential courtesy of the three seasons her show has, but she's also our first LGBTQ+ fighter and our first non-Caucasian fighter. If we're going for underutilized demographics, look no further.

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
Time's up for Job #40, let's review the results:
Kevin: 3 points
Mulan: 13 points
Ariel: 4 points
Tinker Bell: 7 points
Mary Poppins: 12 points
Luz Noceda: 3 points

Mulan is our next fighter!
#15_Mulan.png

Congratulations to DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 for submitting this admittedly awesome addition. I really liked Mulan (the animated movie, I haven't seen the live action one and I don't think I will), so seeing her in makes me very happy. Plus, we were running a bit short of actual Disney Princesses (as we had none, in fact), so this addition really is like killing two birds with one stone. And, as I said when I voted for her, I think that Mulan has the possibility for a sick moveset!

----
Job #41: Submit Mickey's costumes
The format for this job is 3 recolors + 2 alternate costumes.

While I am at it, I'd like to thank everyone because with Mulan we officially added our 10th character, meaning that we reached 1/5 of our base roster! For this purpose, I want to add a Job that is a bit more unique:
Job #42: Submit a prompt for Job #43
Just submit a Job you'd like to see. If you can, try to be quirky here: I am trying to involve other users just to break the monotony we are starting to experience.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Mickey Mouse alts:
  1. Default
  2. Rubberhose Black & White (only changes colour and eyes, nothing else)
  3. Light grey fur, green clothes (based on Lester from A Goofy Movie)
  4. Blue fur, orange clothes (based on The Simpsons' Itchy - if this isn't eligible, swap it out for blue clothes with reddish fur, based on Minnie)
  5. Fantasia Wizard
  6. Evil Mickey (from Runaway Brain)

Honourable mention to Mickey's Disneyland tuxedo, which I really like but think would be hard to distinguish from default.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
I like Wa3’s list of Mickey costumes so I’ll go with that. But…I do have a job idea:

Job Prompt Idea:

Submit a stage based on a Disney Park attraction.

I feel the theme parks should get some more content so why not a stage based on the fun rides there?

Job #41: Mickey's Laundromat
  1. Default clothes (Red shorts, yellow shoes, black fur)
  2. Plane Crazy (Monochrome look, separated eyes, striped shorts)
  3. Rescue Aid Mickey (White fur, purple shorts, maroon shoes)
  4. Greater Mouse Detective (Brown fur, plaid shorts and shoes)
  5. Sorcerer Mickey (We all know what that looks like by now.)
  6. Oswald the Lucky Rabbit (different ears, blue shorts, conjoined eyes, bare feet)
If stuff like Lester's Possum Park and The Itchy & Scratchy Show could be pitched, then I say let Mickey dress like other WDAS mice. As for the Plane Crazy look, I based that off the title card:
Plane Crazy (1928) - The Internet Animation Database

And while Donald and Goofy would be deserving of their own movesets, I fear Oswald would have missed the boat otherwise.

Job #42: Job Prompt
I think I will go with a quirky prompt on this one, thank you very much.

Job #43: Submit a Playhouse Disney/Disney Junior Character

I mean, certainly the preschool label of Disney Channel could qualify for this game, right?

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
Job #41: Mickey's costumes
  1. Default: Mickey dons red shorts, I think you might have seen him wearing them somewhere.
  2. Green shorts. This color scheme references Goofy, who is usually associated with the color green.
  3. Blue shorts. This color scheme references Donald who is associated with the color blue.
  4. Grey shorts and white face. This color scheme references Mickey's monochromatic appearances in his first cartoons.
  5. Parade Maestro: Mickey wears green shorts, a tall, fluffy yellow hat, and a red tailcoat made for a parade. It references the cartoon Parade of the Award Nominees, which is notable because it is Mickey's first appearance in colors.
  6. House of Mouse: Mickey wears his black jacket, black trousers, and white shirt from the cartoon series. He even ditches his classic yellow shoes in favor of purple ones!
If you are wondering how exactly does Mickey look while wearing the Parade Maestro costume:
Job#041_ParadeMickey.jpeg

The hat will of course be shrunk down a bit, but that's basically it

I wanted to reference Donald and Goofy in Mickey's costumes (and I think that the trio RGB always works), and the monochromatic costume was just too good to pass. As for his alternate costumes, I went with an iconic one (House of Mouse) and a more obscure, though recognizable one (Parade Maestro).
Parade Maestro holds the distinction of being similar to the parade attire Mickey wore on the cover of very first number of the "Topolino" comic book in Italy (Topolino being Mickey's Italian name and literally meaning "Tiny Mouse"), so there is also that I suppose. For those of you who aren't Italian and in case you didn't know, the "Topolino" comic book is a sort of institution and mostly everyone here learned to read or at least has read a handful of them in his life, and as such I felt that paying a homage to this admittedly more niche but still important aspect of Mickey Mouse would be a cute reference.

You might be wondering why I kept Sorcerer's Apprentice Mickey out. That's because I believe he might end up getting his own semi-clone character, sooner or later...

Last edited:
  1. Default: Mickey dons red shorts, I think you might have seen him wearing them somewhere.
  2. Green shorts. This color scheme references Goofy, who is usually associated with the color green.
  3. Blue shorts. This color scheme references Donald who is associated with the color blue.
  4. Grey shorts and white face. This color scheme references Mickey's monochromatic appearances in his first cartoons.
  5. Parade Maestro: Mickey wears green shorts, a tall, fluffy yellow hat, and a red tailcoat made for a parade. It references the cartoon Parade of the Award Nominees, which is notable because it is Mickey's first appearance in colors.
  6. House of Mouse: Mickey wears his black jacket, black trousers, and white shirt from the cartoon series. He even ditches his classic yellow shoes in favor of purple ones!
I wanted to reference Donald and Goofy in Mickey's costumes (and I think that the trio RGB always works), and the monochromatic costume was just too good to pass. As for his alternate costumes, I went with an iconic one (House of Mouse) and a more obscure, though recognizable one (Parade Maestro).
Parade Maestro holds the distinction of being similar to the parade attire Mickey wore on the cover of very first number of the "Topolino" comic book in Italy (Topolino being Mickey's Italian name and literally meaning "Tiny Mouse"), so there is also that I suppose. For those of you who aren't Italian and in case you didn't know, the "Topolino" comic book is a sort of institution and mostly everyone here learned to read or at least has read a handful of them in his life, and as such I felt that paying a homage to this admittedly more niche but still important aspect of Mickey Mouse would be a cute reference.

You might be wondering why I kept Sorcerer's Apprentice Mickey out. That's because I believe he might end up getting his own semi-clone character, sooner or later...
Sorry if this seems like I'm missing the forest for the trees, but depending on who you ask, all of Mickey's coats are tailcoats.

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
Let's see the submissions for Jobs #41 and #42:
Job #41: Submit Mickey's costumes
Mickey Mouse alts:
  1. Default
  2. Rubberhose Black & White (only changes colour and eyes, nothing else)
  3. Light grey fur, green clothes (based on Lester from A Goofy Movie)
  4. Blue fur, orange clothes (based on The Simpsons' Itchy - if this isn't eligible, swap it out for blue clothes with reddish fur, based on Minnie)
  5. Fantasia Wizard
  6. Evil Mickey (from Runaway Brain)

Honourable mention to Mickey's Disneyland tuxedo, which I really like but think would be hard to distinguish from default.
  6. Oswald the Lucky Rabbit (different ears, blue shorts, conjoined eyes, bare feet)
If stuff like Lester's Possum Park and The Itchy & Scratchy Show could be pitched, then I say let Mickey dress like other WDAS mice. As for the Plane Crazy look, I based that off the title card:
View attachment 373380
And while Donald and Goofy would be deserving of their own movesets, I fear Oswald would have missed the boat otherwise.
If you are wondering how exactly does Mickey look while wearing the Parade Maestro costume:
View attachment 373471
The hat will of course be shrunk down a bit, but that's basically it

Here are the costumes, submitted by Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario , M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye , and me. Vote for your top two favorite submissions. Your own submission can't be your first vote. Here are my votes:
1. Master Hero: the costume that made the deal for me here is the one referencing the Great Mouse Detective which, while far from being my favorite Disney movie, has its charm and might not get any other chance at being represented in this game.
2. Me: I would love to play as Parade Maestro Mickey. That's basically it.

----
Submit a stage based on a Disney Park attraction (submitted by AlteredBeast AlteredBeast )
Submit a 2000s Disney/Pixar character (submitted by DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
Submit a Playhouse Disney/Disney Junior character (submitted by M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye )
Submit an idea for story mode (submitted by Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP )

Vote for your three favorite ideas. Your own prompt can't be your first vote. Here are my votes:
1. AlteredBeast: the idea of adding a stage completely based on a Disney Park attraction is one that excites me, even if I'm not that knowledgeable about Disney Parks (I've only been once to Disneyland Paris). But as someone that really loves to think about stages without character representation, I am a bit ashamed I didn't come up with this prompt in the first place.
2. DragonRobotKing26: you can't go wrong with modern Disney/Pixar character. I feel that they suit the idea of a video game better than classic characters and we are currently leaning a bit on older icons.
3. Qwerty UIOP: talking about story mode can always be fun, especially if it is going to be related to Disney. I am afraid we are still a bit short on playable characters and bosses to have a comprehensive look, though.

Master Hero's prompt was cute too, but I am completely ignorant about preschool Disney stuff. Though I think that these unlikely fighters are always very fun.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1. 2000s. This will probably end up being a Pixar character but does also leave room if we wanna add something a little less popular like a New Groove, Atlantis or Treasure Planets rep c'mon chicken little
2. Parks. This is something we just have to do at some point. Parks are too important not to include
3. Story Mode. I personally wouldn't want a big Subspace style thing but some form of adventure mode could be cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
1: LoZ00's outfits. Since voting your own list at the top isn't allowed here, I do think making Mickey dress in Donald and Goofy's signature colors is a nice touch if they don't make it in. And really, where else would House of Mouse get referenced if not as its own stage?
2: My own Mickey closet. Honestly, my Rescuers and Great Mouse Detective recolors were made to spite the idea that Itchy and Scratchy would be the first Fox property in this game. The fact this game's creator loved my deep cuts made me smile.

1: Disney Parks Stage. I'm siding with @DarkVortex on this one. We should consider this now that one fifth of the roster has been revealed.
2: 2000s Disney Character. If this submission passes the smell test, my nominee for this may excite some people. Not many, but some.
3: Playhouse/Junior Rep. Yes, it's a self-vote. But to me, this seems like the only way to legitimately get a Winnie the Pooh character in this game, and I like that silly old bear even more than I like Mickey Mouse himself.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
1. Master Hero
2. LoZ

1. Disney Parks Stage
2. 2000s Disney fighter
3. Playhouse Disney fighter

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
Let's wrap things up for Jobs #41 and #42:
Job #41: Submit Mickey's costume
Wario Wario Wario: 0 points
Master Hero Sock-on-Rye: 8 points
LoZ00: 6 points

Master Hero Sock-on-Rye's costumes for Mickey will be used
View attachment 373380
Congratulations to M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye , because his costumes really are fun and interesting. They also reference Basil of Baker Street and Miss Bianca (whom I admittedly failed to recognize at first, otherwise I would have cited her as well), two mice that have very low chances of getting in, but nonetheless two charming characters that definitely represent part of The Walt Disney Company's history. Bravo!

----
Submit a stage based on a Disney Park attraction: 21 points
Submit a 2000s Disney/Pixar character: 13 points
Submit a Playhouse Disney/Disney Junior character: 7 points
Submit an idea for Story Mode: 7 points

So, without any further ado, I introduce to you...

Job #43: Submit a stage based on a Disney Park attraction (suggested by AlteredBeast AlteredBeast )
As the prompt said, submit a stage based on one of the many attractions from the plentitude of Disney Parks all over the world. Attractions from all six Disney parks are eligible.
Congratulations to AlteredBeast AlteredBeast for submitting this ingenious idea for Job #43. It really gave us a breath of fresh air with this slightly more unique Job.

Job #44: Submit Mulan's home stage
I'm not forgetting our old routine jobs, though

Thank you all for voting on my assortment. However, I should point out that the "maroon shoes" in the Rescue Aid Mickey recolor is also a reference to Bernard, Miss Bianca's unwilling partner. I wanted to represent both of the titular Rescuers in that nod.

Nevertheless...
Job #43: Disney Parks Stage
There's a lot of attractions I could pick, enough that we need to allow two stages to win this round just to get started. However, I should start the bid at this one...

The Haunted Mansion
The Haunted Mansion - Wikipedia

Not only is this Disney Parks attraction up there in the annals of Disney history, not only is it one of the few attractions to have a feature film that's both successful and memorable, but it can also be seen as cross-promotion for the upcoming Haunted Mansion movie coming next month.

Job #44: Mulan's Stage
Shang's Training Camp
Mulan's Story | Disney Thailand

Based on one of the most memorable scenes in the movie, this stage is seemingly okay to set up professionally. The climbing pole can be a ledge to cheese your opponents, the tents can be destroyed to get some food health, and so on.

But what really makes it hazardous are the fellow trainees. Especially Yao, Ling, and Chien-Po, who would regularly start fights that inevitably cause damage to the opponents, if they're not careful.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Disney Parks Stage

Carousel of Progress

U4GSWFQMDBAVDHWVEXSLQUHT4E.jpg

We should definitely have a stage based on a part attraction with a long history in the Disney parks. Believe it or not, the Carousel of Progress is the longest-running stage show in the history of American theatre as well as one of the oldest attractions in the Walt Disney World resort and the oldest attraction to have been touched by Disney himself. Basically, it's a stage with walk-offs and it rotates. The walk-offs will also have walls similar to KOF Stadium in SSBU. It goes in the same cycle as the attraction goes in. You can interact with the various technological progressions in each section that can either give damage or give you an item.

M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye has a really good idea for a Mulan stage so I will gladly go with that.

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
Job #43: It's a Small World
Job#043_SmallWorld.jpeg

One of Disneyland's most famous attractions, it has been recreated in one way or another in most Disney Theme Parks worldwide. I guess the stage could be a very simple one, where the player fights on a Battlefield/Smashville styled platform with a moving background featuring the famous puppets that represent various cultures and appear in the attraction. At random, some puppets might represent, instead of children, Disney characters, since they sometimes appear (I left a few examples in spoilers). Heck, if the attraction were considered racist, it could only feature Disney characters in the iconic puppet form, representing different countries and cultures through them instead of the generic children.
Job#043_SmallWorld_Alice.jpeg

Alice and the White Rabbit, two characters I can hardly see become playable

Job#043_SmallWorld_Nemo.jpeg

Dory, Nemo, and Marlin, again, three characters that might enjoy a cameo in this stage

Job#043_SmallWorld_Baloo.jpeg

Baloo and Mowlgi. They could represent India

Job#043_SmallWorld_ThreeCaballeros.jpeg

Donald Duck, José Carioca, and Panchito Pistoles, ¡the Three Caballeros! They may represent the US, Mexico, and Brasil and might only appear if Donald hasn't been chosen (I predict that Donald will become a playable fighter).

Admittedly, Donald and Baloo might end up being playable. I just love these two characters and I find their appearance in It's a Small World to be charming.
----
Job #44: The Forbidden City
Job#044_ImperialPalace.jpeg

Despite its menacing name, the "Forbidden City" was the area around the palace of the Emperor of China.
This stage is rather large and takes place on the rooftop of the Palace, with the two towers acting as breakable platforms.
Its simple layout is offset by fireworks, which appear during the match. They deal damage when exploding. The breakable platforms reappear around 30 seconds after they are destroyed.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Disney Parks Stage: Disneyland Railroad

Layout similar to Spirit Tracks from Smash, having the fighters on the top of the train taking them around Disneyland with the castle in the middle.

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
Okidoki, let's see the submissions for Jobs #43 and #44:
Job #43: Submit a stage based on a Disney Park attraction

Job #43: Disney Parks Stage
There's a lot of attractions I could pick, enough that we need to allow two stages to win this round just to get started. However, I should start the bid at this one...

The Haunted Mansion
View attachment 373602

Not only is this Disney Parks attraction up there in the annals of Disney history, not only is it one of the few attractions to have a feature film that's both successful and memorable, but it can also be seen as cross-promotion for the upcoming Haunted Mansion movie coming next month.
Disney Parks Stage

Carousel of Progress

View attachment 373612

We should definitely have a stage based on a part attraction with a long history in the Disney parks. Believe it or not, the Carousel of Progress is the longest-running stage show in the history of American theatre as well as one of the oldest attractions in the Walt Disney World resort and the oldest attraction to have been touched by Disney himself. Basically, it's a stage with walk-offs and it rotates. The walk-offs will also have walls similar to KOF Stadium in SSBU. It goes in the same cycle as the attraction goes in. You can interact with the various technological progressions in each section that can either give damage or give you an item.

M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye has a really good idea for a Mulan stage so I will gladly go with that.
Job #43: It's a Small World
View attachment 373626
One of Disneyland's most famous attractions, it has been recreated in one way or another in most Disney Theme Parks worldwide. I guess the stage could be a very simple one, where the player fights on a Battlefield/Smashville styled platform with a moving background featuring the famous puppets that represent various cultures and appear in the attraction. At random, some puppets might represent, instead of children, Disney characters, since they sometimes appear (I left a few examples in spoilers). Heck, if the attraction were considered racist, it could only feature Disney characters in the iconic puppet form, representing different countries and cultures through them instead of the generic children.
View attachment 373627
Alice and the White Rabbit, two characters I can hardly see become playable

View attachment 373628
Dory, Nemo, and Marlin, again, three characters that might enjoy a cameo in this stage

View attachment 373629
Baloo and Mowlgi. They could represent India

View attachment 373630
Donald Duck, José Carioca, and Panchito Pistoles, ¡the Three Caballeros! They may represent the US, Mexico, and Brasil and might only appear if Donald hasn't been chosen (I predict that Donald will become a playable fighter).

Admittedly, Donald and Baloo might end up being playable. I just love these two characters and I find their appearance in It's a Small World to be charming.
Disney Parks Stage: Disneyland Railroad

Layout similar to Spirit Tracks from Smash, having the fighters on the top of the train taking them around Disneyland with the castle in the middle.
The submissions are:
The Haunted Mansion (submitted by M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye )
Carousel of Progress (submitted by AlteredBeast AlteredBeast )
It's a Small World (submitted by me)
Disneyland Railroad (submitted by Northsouthmap Northsouthmap )

Vote for your three favorite submissions. Your own submission can't be your first vote. Here are my votes:
1. Disneyland Railroad: one of the most iconic Disneyland attractions, it could take players through many different places and attractions of Disneyland. It makes a lot of sense and Walt Disney himself loved trains AND the Disneyland Railroad.
2. It's a Small World: it's a self-vote, but for me personally, when I think of a Disneyland attraction, it's either the railroad or this. Or Big Thunder Mountain, but that's because when I went to Disneyland Paris I freaking LOVED that attraction. It's a Small World could make for a fun stage, if nothing because it is probably the most pacifistic attraction in all of Disneyland and it would be hilarious to see it repurposed into a fighting stage. The Disney characters cameos could also be fun.
3. Carousel of Progress: I think that the sci-fi setting Carousel of Progress brings could rarely be replicated. The piece of history trivia attached with the stage description is also very interesting.

Shoutout to The Haunted Mansion too, because that idea was really good. However, since a movie is coming regardless, I think it might end up added anyway as a live-action-based stage.

----
Job #44: Submit a stage for Mulan
Job #44: Mulan's Stage
Shang's Training Camp
View attachment 373605
Based on one of the most memorable scenes in the movie, this stage is seemingly okay to set up professionally. The climbing pole can be a ledge to cheese your opponents, the tents can be destroyed to get some food health, and so on.

But what really makes it hazardous are the fellow trainees. Especially Yao, Ling, and Chien-Po, who would regularly start fights that inevitably cause damage to the opponents, if they're not careful.
Job #44: The Forbidden City
View attachment 373631
Despite its menacing name, the "Forbidden City" was the area around the palace of the Emperor of China.
This stage is rather large and takes place on the rooftop of the Palace, with the two towers acting as breakable platforms.
Its simple layout is offset by fireworks, which appear during the match. They deal damage when exploding. The breakable platforms reappear around 30 seconds after they are destroyed.
The submitted stages are:
Shang's Training Camp (submitted by M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye )
The Forbidden City (submitted by me)

Vote for your favorite submission. You CAN vote for your own submission.

Regardless, I'm still voting for Shang's Training Camp. The scene is very iconic, much like the rooftop fight at the end of Mulan, but what sealed the deal here is the fact that we might end up having too many castle stages. On the other hand, I can't see a training pit stage added to the game. It also helps that the soundtrack for this stage would SLAP (talking about you, I'll Make a Man out of You).

1: It's a Small World - Next to Haunted Mansion, this is the biggest attraction out of these four. And adding Disney character cameos in case the real world children are observed as racist caricatures would be a nice way to get more sales out of the game.
2: The Haunted Mansion - Self-vote, but if this could equally qualify as a live-action stage, then that theory should go double for Pirates of the Caribbean, if not triple as much. Conversely, The Haunted Mansion only has two movies to its name, both of which one-shot films. I say this qualifies more as a park stage by comparison.
3: Carousel of Progress - I personally consider this more of an attraction than the Disneyland Railroad is. But on its own merits, making it resemble the KOF Stadium is a good idea to me. You guys have your stage layouts you want to transcend the Smash franchise, I have mine.

Honorable Mention to the Disneyland Railroad, despite my comment on it. I get why it would be one of the big attractions in Disney history, but I'd rather take the monorail or the Skyway instead.

Good thing we can vote on our own Mulan stage, because Shang's Training Camp is basically the only good location we can pull from.

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
Let's review the results for Jobs #43 and #44:
Job #43
The Haunted Mansion: 5 points
Carousel of Progress: 6 points
It's a Small World: 14 points
Disneyland Railroad: 5 points

It's a Small World will be our first Disney park-themed stage!
Job#043_SmallWorld.jpeg

Thank you to everyone who voted for this stage. I really had a lot of fun coming up with this idea. The fact that we, users scattered all over the Earth, shared an appreciation for this stage really makes me believe that it's a small world after all...

----
Job #44
Shang's Training Camp: 4 votes
The Forbidden City: 1 vote

Shang's Training Camp will be Mulan's home stage!
Job#044_TrainingField.jpeg

Congratulations to M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye for submitting this very fun stage. I think that a training pit might make for a unique experience, hard to replicate elsewhere. And besides, it means that the trainees from the movie will be present, so I'm happy.

----
Let's now move on with two new jobs, shall we?
Job #45: Submit a moveset for Mulan
Job #46: Submit a new item

Like last times, for Job #46 there won't be a voting section. I predict that this will be our last, maybe penultimate, item job without a voting section at the end. But I want a healthy amount of items to be present in the game.

Last edited:
Job #45: Mulan's Moveset
Neutral Special: Target Practice
Mulan shoots an arrow through an apple, and the apple is the one that deals damage.
Up Special: The Mighty Phoenix
Mulan is carried back to the stage by a dull-colored phoenix.
Down Special: Reflex Testing
Mulan grabs the opponent like she's catching fish from a river, and promptly throws the opponent down.

Neutral Aerial: Snowball
Mulan tosses a snowball at her opponent. It might not sound epic, but it's actually a homage to the avalanche sequence.
Side Aerial: Lunge Attack
Mulan lunges at the opponent, then she grabs said opponent by the shoulders and knocks him or her senseless.
Up Aerial: Dragon Flame
Mushu comes in and breathes fire in the direct vicinity of the enemies.

Neutral Ground: Cri-Kee
Mulan's lucky cricket comes in to spook the opponents.
Side Ground: Pillow Fight
Mulan slams down a pillow. Just a pillow. This is a reference to Mulan II, which may have gotten more love as a result of the remake.
Down Ground: Sword Slash
Mulan uses her father's sword to slash headfirst into the enemy. Think of it like Link's Downward Thrust move from Smash.

Grand Finale: Your Worst Nightmare
Mulan charges into an opponent, while Mushu lights a room full of fireworks for the rest of the moves.

Truthfully, it was either the fireworks or the avalanche for the Grand Finale. And I didn't want to use the remake for inspiration, but how else was I supposed to give Mulan an up special?

Job #46: Submit an Item
I submit The Box from Recess.
The box

This box goes right into what it does as soon as it's selected. What it actually does is trap an opponent in suspension for 10 seconds, while anyone that comes close to this opponent loses a decimal of health, or gains a decimal of damage while this happens.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Fastpass

IMG_9685.jpeg

More theme park content but picking this up gives you instant access to a Grand Finale move like how a FastPass allows you to get on select Disney attractions faster!

Last edited:

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
Job #45
Ground attacks
  • Neutral - Swift Slashes: Mulan slashes three times with the sword. All three swings can be charged independently, but only the third one has enough power to reliably launch foes, while the first and second one are mainly there to deal additional damage.
  • Up - Rising Dragon: Mulan swings a staff upwards, hitting opponents above her. The attack can't be charged and mainly acts as a combo tool. It mostly hits opponents that are in front of and above her.
  • Down - Breakthrough: Mulan spins, swinging a staff while doing so. This attack can be charged and, uniquely, Mulan can step sideways while performing the attack, increasing its range. This attack is Mulan's best KO tool.
Aerial attacks
  • Neutral - The Force of a Great Typhoon: Mulan performs an aerial kick, similar to the one she does at the end of I'll Make a Man out of You. It can't be charged, but it has decent power and it's very fast.
  • Up - Double Slash: Mulan slashes upwards twice with the sword. This attack can be charged. Without charge, it is a good combo tool, but at full charge it becomes a good KO tool on opponent that have high damage.
  • Down - Staff Arc: Mulan swings the staff in an arc below her. Hitting the opponent with the sweet spot (which is roughly the same as Marth's down aerial) results in a spike, otherwise it is "only" a decently fast move that covers a wide area below Mulan.
Special attacks
  • Neutral - Blazing Fireworks: Mulan lights a firework stretching Mushu. The firework waits for a couple of seconds before getting off and flying. The player can change the trajectory (with three options being roughly equal to 35°, 45°, and 55° with respect to the ground), though it travels in a parabolic trajectory. The firework explodes on contact with an opponent or if it lands on the ground, creating a rather large explosion that deals respectable damage.
  • Up - Staff Jump: Mulan uses the staff to power up a jump, then leaps upwards. This recovery tool deals no damage, but it's very fast and covers a decent distance. If you look closely, during I'll Make a Man out of You, Mulan might do this move (in the ending section).
  • Down - Fan Counter: Mulan takes a defensive stance, holding a fan. If she gets hit by an attack, she retaliates by jumping behind the opponent and kicking them while airborne. Mulan takes no damage from the incoming attack and the power of the counter scales with the power of the incoming attack (1.1x). As an added bonus, if the opponent was holding a battering item and hit Mulan with it, she will steal the item. It's a reference to the fight between Mulan and Shan Yu on the rooftop of the Forbidden City.
Grand Finale - Avalanche: Mulan fires a giant firework that flies straight. Everyone that gets hit by it is sent to a snowy mountain, where a huge avalanche tramples them, dealing damage and knock back. A pretty simple cinematic Grand Finale, but for Mulan it works, I guess.
With Mulan, I wanted to lean to a swift, "assassin"-like play style. She has few powerful moves as she sacrifices power for utility. She also uses a couple different weapons (fireworks, sword, staff): I chose to do so in order to give Mulan a unique personality.

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
Okey dokey, let's review the submissions for Jobs #45 and #46:
Job #45
Job #45: Mulan's Moveset
Neutral Special: Target Practice
Mulan shoots an arrow through an apple, and the apple is the one that deals damage.
Up Special: The Mighty Phoenix
Mulan is carried back to the stage by a dull-colored phoenix.
Down Special: Reflex Testing
Mulan grabs the opponent like she's catching fish from a river, and promptly throws the opponent down.

Neutral Aerial: Snowball
Mulan tosses a snowball at her opponent. It might not sound epic, but it's actually a homage to the avalanche sequence.
Side Aerial: Lunge Attack
Mulan lunges at the opponent, then she grabs said opponent by the shoulders and knocks him or her senseless.
Up Aerial: Dragon Flame
Mushu comes in and breathes fire in the direct vicinity of the enemies.

Neutral Ground: Cri-Kee
Mulan's lucky cricket comes in to spook the opponents.
Side Ground: Pillow Fight
Mulan slams down a pillow. Just a pillow. This is a reference to Mulan II, which may have gotten more love as a result of the remake.
Down Ground: Sword Slash
Mulan uses her father's sword to slash headfirst into the enemy. Think of it like Link's Downward Thrust move from Smash.

Grand Finale: Your Worst Nightmare
Mulan charges into an opponent, while Mushu lights a room full of fireworks for the rest of the moves.

Truthfully, it was either the fireworks or the avalanche for the Grand Finale. And I didn't want to use the remake for inspiration, but how else was I supposed to give Mulan an up special?
Job #45
Ground attacks
  • Neutral - Swift Slashes: Mulan slashes three times with the sword. All three swings can be charged independently, but only the third one has enough power to reliably launch foes, while the first and second one are mainly there to deal additional damage.
  • Up - Rising Dragon: Mulan swings a staff upwards, hitting opponents above her. The attack can't be charged and mainly acts as a combo tool. It mostly hits opponents that are in front of and above her.
  • Down - Breakthrough: Mulan spins, swinging a staff while doing so. This attack can be charged and, uniquely, Mulan can step sideways while performing the attack, increasing its range. This attack is Mulan's best KO tool.
Aerial attacks
  • Neutral - The Force of a Great Typhoon: Mulan performs an aerial kick, similar to the one she does at the end of I'll Make a Man out of You. It can't be charged, but it has decent power and it's very fast.
  • Up - Double Slash: Mulan slashes upwards twice with the sword. This attack can be charged. Without charge, it is a good combo tool, but at full charge it becomes a good KO tool on opponent that have high damage.
  • Down - Staff Arc: Mulan swings the staff in an arc below her. Hitting the opponent with the sweet spot (which is roughly the same as Marth's down aerial) results in a spike, otherwise it is "only" a decently fast move that covers a wide area below Mulan.
Special attacks
  • Neutral - Blazing Fireworks: Mulan lights a firework stretching Mushu. The firework waits for a couple of seconds before getting off and flying. The player can change the trajectory (with three options being roughly equal to 35°, 45°, and 55° with respect to the ground), though it travels in a parabolic trajectory. The firework explodes on contact with an opponent or if it lands on the ground, creating a rather large explosion that deals respectable damage.
  • Up - Staff Jump: Mulan uses the staff to power up a jump, then leaps upwards. This recovery tool deals no damage, but it's very fast and covers a decent distance. If you look closely, during I'll Make a Man out of You, Mulan might do this move (in the ending section).
  • Down - Fan Counter: Mulan takes a defensive stance, holding a fan. If she gets hit by an attack, she retaliates by jumping behind the opponent and kicking them while airborne. Mulan takes no damage from the incoming attack and the power of the counter scales with the power of the incoming attack (1.1x). As an added bonus, if the opponent was holding a battering item and hit Mulan with it, she will steal the item. It's a reference to the fight between Mulan and Shan Yu on the rooftop of the Forbidden City.
Grand Finale - Avalanche: Mulan fires a giant firework that flies straight. Everyone that gets hit by it is sent to a snowy mountain, where a huge avalanche tramples them, dealing damage and knock back. A pretty simple cinematic Grand Finale, but for Mulan it works, I guess.
With Mulan, I wanted to lean to a swift, "assassin"-like play style. She has few powerful moves as she sacrifices power for utility. She also uses a couple different weapons (fireworks, sword, staff): I chose to do so in order to give Mulan a unique personality.
These were the two movesets, submitted by M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye and me. Vote for your favorite. You CAN vote for your own moveset.
I personally am going to vote for my own moveset for Mulan. I think I really got a couple of good special moves (fireworks and counter especially).

----
Job #46
The items you submitted were:
Ratatouille (submitted by Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario )
DRINK ME potion (submitted by @DarkVortex)
The Box (submitted by M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye )
Fastpass (submitted by AlteredBeast AlteredBeast )
Trident (submitted by Northsouthmap Northsouthmap )

ALL these items are going to make into the game. Congratulations to all of you, then! I decided to sit this round out because I had no idea of which items I could submit, but you showed me that there are plenty of ideas to spare.

Top Bottom