• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Disney Mafia - Copy Soon To Be Moved to DGames

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
im fairy exhausted LOL

I wrote this earlier: "Xiivi’s plan of using PM ID url’s didn’t break the game. If the mafia were given fake role PMs, they would have been given them immediately. When mafia are given fake role PMs or fake claims, it is done on Day 1, not on Day 2/3. The fact that it doesn’t break the game is proven by the fact that Marc and Xiivi’s PM IDs were similar to the rest of the Town’s.

The PM that Xsyven used was older than the first fake that I gave him, because he requested a different power. If anything, the fact that Xiivi’s plan was based on Mafia getting their fake Role PMs later in the game is a tell that he knew how the Mafia got their fake claims. But, again, Town did not think about that at all."

the game is basically unbreakable.

also, no Xsyven, i didnt send him one with those changes, because you specifically had to request changes. so you should know the "there is no basil" thing was not my doing.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Xiivi actually pointed out that I forgot to photoshop my PM ID when I first posted it. I was like "Oh well, no one would notice it." Turns out it worked good for my downfall.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Seriously. Town you lost because you tried to break the game, not play it. I tried so hard to get Sudai to go against Omni's plan D1 and instead he decided to claim right away. :facepalm:

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Anywho, big thanks to Tom for running the most fun game I've ever played, and putting up with me making about two thousand fake Role PMs the day the game started.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Here’s a little writeup for your enjoyment. :3

I was Scar, Mafia Usurper. On top of needing a Mafia win, Xsyven had to die for me to win. That’s a pretty hard win condition, but I figured out what I think is the only way of getting it done… force it. I said I would out the entire Mafia if Xsyven didn’t die at some point (“if I lose, we all lose”), being open about it from an early stage. I was lucky to receive Omni’s wish in Night 1, but figured a buildup would be better for Mafia and wanted to play out the Usurper role under normal conditions for my own interest. Town was doing poorly, so there wasn’t really a way to get Xsyven lynched, even if he wanted to. I decided to use my wish on him in Night 3, but he tricked me and had Steel (who just replaced FAILchion, bad luck for me) Bus Drive Xsyven and air. He thought the game would end with 4-4-1, while I was aware we didn’t have “undeniable majority” yet. That Night Xsyven also made the kill on Chill, which is when he could have killed me (wouldn’t have been smart, but still too risky for my tastes ><). I made all other nightkills and even pushed to do it to keep control (I knew Mafia could kill each other since early on). Xsyven saw the light and went down nicely with some improvisation from me and Xiivi. Good acting, Xsy! I still love you (though a little less)!

I think Town tried to meta it way too much and even said so repeatedly. Omni was too dominant and ended up being Mafia’s MVP. Although… Xiivi did a great job (especially for a Mafia virgin) by figuring out the game’s mechanics and using them to our advantage. He figured out the post ID thing early on and fixed it for everyone in the screenshots… except Xsyven (how’s that for foresight?). He also kept me from outing the entire Mafia on D4 by helping me get rid of Xsyven. I was really close to doing it, because I was quite annoyed with my undead friend. :3 That’s really the closest Town has been to a win. Looking for loopholes just isn’t the way to go and Mafia even did a better job at that. Consider this a lesson, most of you! Virg was playing decently, though limited by his speech. I sucked up to him a lot because I normally would agree with him a lot as well. Also, the inactive lynch on Day 3 was an extremely bad choice (although you could have gotten lucky and lynched FAILchion). Mafia was completely in your face the entire time otherwise. :3

I think the game was balanced well, except for the independents. Unlike Mafia, they couldn’t get fake role PMs (a power of Hades) and were outed instantly. We ended up lynching Mini over a Townie because… I don’t like independents and my brethren felt like denying the Survivor his win as well. Had something failed (killing Kawaii and/or Bus Driving King), we would have pushed for a CK lynch.

Any questions? I think our night actions are pretty easy to understand for the most part. Take out those who do not imply us and could be a threat. We let the suspicious people and Omni live for being useful. :3

Good game.
Thanks to Tom for hosting! I loved this game and had lots of fun.:)
Thanks to Xiivi, Xsyven and FAILchion/Steel for helping me win!

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Oh, yeah... let me add that this was probably the most fun Mafia game for me as well. Up there with Batmafia, also hosted by Tom.:)

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
D'oh, I wish I could have lasted longer. :urg:

Tom's the ****. A lot of those roles and abilities were really creative.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
And he just explained to me the whole claiming thing wasn't so bad for independents either. The game really couldn't be broken. =D

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
The reason I never claimed or verified who I was was to try to show you guys (town) to not rely on PMs or pictures. I said it a couple of times and warned you guys when you lynched Air, but I think some of you didn't try to read my poems. They weren't that bad...

I had Marc, Xsyven, Steel, and CK as mafia (CK being recruited). Xivii flew under mah radar :mad:. Xsyven's flip out before he was lynched (he's never done that in other game she's been lynched) and Marc's "A bus driver/or something else hit me!" seemed like a set up. The bus driver thing happened to be true though. Oh well :p

I talked to Tom about the roles and still wish we had more than a 1 shot cop since a lot of you guys just kept on relying on pictures and PMs, though in all probability it wouldn't have done anything different. If one or two things had been different (Omni giving marc the Vig kill, CK not killing Mulan) I believe town would have won. But aye, there's the rub..."if".

Also, Tom didn't do my final action which was to beat the **** out of Whoopi Goldberg.

Good game.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
The Xsyven thing was highly improvised and I can imagine some slips there. I still think we pulled it off decently though.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
When CK1 killed Mulan, I was mostly operating under the idea that for Day 1, I was ****ed. Omni's hardcore pushing of picture claiming, and eventual screen caps, left me screwed. Seeing that I could end Day 1 by killing of Chaco, I did, as it was in my PM anyway.

When CK2 entered, I was pretty certain people would associate me with my indie character, and unfortunately, that was the case. Had everyone not been so confident on a recruitee (something CK1 mentioned just for the sake of trying to discredit Omni's plan instead of suggesting fake PMs) I think we could have paid more attention to the others. In hindsight, I wish we would have hit Steel Day 4, which would have left the Mafia in a tough spot, but hindsight is 20/20.

I LOVED Virg's "restriction." It reminds me of Iggy's from SWFMafia.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
I was really looking into your posts Virg, I loved them. They were cleverly made and fun deciphering, I feel I did understand them for the most part minus a thing or two every now and then. Loved the invisible text too, sad no one else noticed it and I had to point it out. :/

Omni gave me the investigation btw. :p

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
A giant, giant thank you to Crimson King for replacing in last minute after already playing the game!! THANK YOU!! MUCH APPRECIATED!!

Chaco

Never Logs In
Tom, tom, tom tom. I'm sorry I failed miserably at this one.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Tom, it was a blast playing two characters because I saw two totally different games.

Chaco: never, ever claim on Day 1 if you can. If anyone pushes for it, they are mafia. Omni's push for, and hardcore push at that, basically gave the mafia the list of people to kill. I am REALLY surprised the order they killed, but we basically turned the keys over.

I hope Omni plays more games, though. He made the game so much more interesting, but in the wrong way for this game, that I think he could be a really fun edition in any game.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I was afraid Omni was Mafia and was leading us on the entire time. >_>

Oh yeah, ding talk was awesome.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
omni is hitting up DGames as a regular now. the two of us won Bad Idea Mafia as scum. and he's in my ff7 game. :3 you are very right ck, he is a perfect addition to mafia games.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
We ended up lynching Mini over a Townie because… I don’t like independents and my brethren felt like denying the Survivor his win as well. Had something failed (killing Kawaii and/or Bus Driving King), we would have pushed for a CK lynch.
I hate you so much.

Great game Tom.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Yeah, I haven't made the smartest decisions on occasion. But heh, yeah, I did horrid.

Some of you guys should come to dGames.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
And I would have gotten away with it if it weren't for those meddling kids!

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Sad face, another town loss.

Coming into the game Day 3 sucked. It felt too late to try and change things. I have to give my thanks to Kiki for being the only gargoyle to ever talk to me. XD When I first replaced Sudai he and I were suspicous of Xiivi and Xsyven. He also did pick up stuff on Xsy that I completely missed.

I tried to go after Xivii but the town gave Omni way too much power. You guys just sat back and followed one bad plan after another. lol let's show all of our characters.lol let's lynch inactives. lol if you guys guess my name I'll die (not omni's fault). Why were you guys giving out so much information all the time!? Why weren't you thinking for yourselves? It was horrible watching this ******** hive mind in action.

I wish I had just kept on Xivii but Omni started to defend him so I basically stopped focusing on scum and started trying to wrestle control of the game from him. Not a good play on my part. And then I died after only one day of play? Hmm, I wonder why?

I still think if Air had been lynched Day 1 that might have opened a lot of eyes. And I want Kiki on my team again next time!

C'ya guys next game. I hope we all learned something. :p

Top Bottom