• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Disjointed hitboxes?

demodemo

Smash Ace
sheik forums are so dead it hurts

I want to stir up some discussion, so does sheik have any disjointed disboxes on any of her moves? I think her dash attack has one..

chain obviously does too, but do moves like utilt, and tip of bair have them too?

i realize this could have been asked in a Q&A thread, but alas, we don't have one. Should this become it?

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Sheik forums were never really active as it was. First Gimpy stopped playing, then Chok started playing PT.....plus we're at the point where we've learned almost everything there is to know about Sheik. Seeing as how this board isn't really friendly as it is, what reason is there to post here?

Dragoomba

Smash Lord
Sheik forums were never really active as it was. First Gimpy stopped playing, then Chok started playing PT.....plus we're at the point where we've learned almost everything there is to know about Sheik. Seeing as how this board isn't really friendly as it is, what reason is there to post here?
Don't give up hope. :(

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
lmao. there are always things to discuss. new ATs really aren't that important, what is is knowing your match ups your stages. seeking help when you need it and of course sharing your experinces to better the shiek community if you are into that sort of thing, lol.

More on topic it is good to know your movesets. actually its one of the most important things know what options you have in any situation. But being sad or upset about you characters limitations is never going to get you anywhere. Learn your strengths and use them.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
lmao. there are always things to discuss. new ATs really aren't that important, what is is knowing your match ups your stages. seeking help when you need it and of course sharing your experinces to better the shiek community if you are into that sort of thing, lol.

More on topic it is good to know your movesets. actually its one of the most important things know what options you have in any situation. But being sad or upset about you characters limitations is never going to get you anywhere. Learn your strengths and use them.
Who said anything about AT's? I know my matchups as do most of the Sheik players, for those who don't there is a matchup thread complete with ratios. Sheik doesn't gain any major advantages or disadvantages on any stage.

I also know my moveset, been playing Sheik since the game came out. She isn't really a complicated character to master....the only thing I need work on right now is my usage of the chain. Besides that there really isn't much to know.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Yeah, for now basically all there is left for Sheik is getting better at her normal fighting, there's not much new to develope left that I can think of.

Kage Me

Smash Ace
Gimpy and Chok aren't the only Sheik mains out there... Anyone could improve a character with enough dedication, including YOU!

...Not me, though. I only point out obvious stuff <3

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Yeah, for now basically all there is left for Sheik is getting better at her normal fighting, there's not much new to develope left that I can think of.
Welcome to Brawl. This isn't just Shiek, most characters metagames are staling just because there's a limit to how much you can discuss or learn. This was true of Melee too but the process took alot longer. Maybe the occasional new useful thing will come out for certain characters e.g. Diddy's Single Naner Lock, but that's it.

The day after I say this, they'll find some incredibly complex, universal AT and I'll have to be quiet.

demodemo

Smash Ace
;__; so sad

compared to other boards, who have like a million cosntantly active threads on like each of their moves or something our threads rarely get past the first page lol

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dsmash has some invul frames on the legs of the first hit, effectively making it disjointed. Then needles, Vanish, Chain... that's it.

silver0p

Smash Journeyman
well i think that if we want to make this board more active then we should all just play more with her because from playing comes new tech. so if we all take the time to maybe not focus on the match but rather pressing random button, or just doing something that is nothing. i mean any of that stuff could lead to new discoverys sure we have found most of them/ OR so we think!

well i know that thats what i'll be doing from now on!

for instence i didnt know this but by playing around i figured out that if you short jump and shoot your chain out at a wall it like loops up like a coiled whip as its defult stance idk why but it works better on the hyrule temple stage in that one spot between the far left island (like the middle thing where theres the wall) witch is good for chain locking people against a wall and getting up dammage.

even though this is probobly discoverd it helped to give me moral! So dont give up!

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Dsmash has some invul frames on the legs of the first hit, effectively making it disjointed. Then needles, Vanish, Chain... that's it.
Woah woah woah, what's this about sheik having invulnerability frames on her dsmash?

That's news to me...

Anyways it's not hard to make a thread to improve sheik meta game it just takes a lot of work most of the time.

Like my whole usmash killing % thread (which I need to learn how to quarter stick DI before I can accurately complete :mad:) something like that can help a lot or you can just get some videos up showing stuff like how sheik can do a raising fair into jump/whatever.

Also there are techs and strategies that most don't even use or try to add into their play.

First two come into my mind that I'm currently adding is onstage vanishes unto ledge and canceling ground needle cool down by sliding off the stage while throwing.

Sheik has all the tools she needs to get into high tier we just have to learn how to use them.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I actually agree with you Tristan that Sheik is an underused character that could be a lot better than people give her credit for.

I think the main thing that could help her out is the chain. I've recently started to actually use the thing and while not being very fun or flashy, it solves a lot of matchup problems.

Also with her decayed ftilt to tipper ability on every character, her KO problems aren't what they once used to be.

I'm not saying there aren't ways we can't make her better(or at least I didn't mean too), I meant that this board has only 1 serious tournament going/well known player on it and there is hardly any intelligent discussion on her metagame or her future capabilities.

Villi

Smash Lord
Like my whole usmash killing % thread (which I need to learn how to quarter stick DI before I can accurately complete :mad:) something like that can help a lot or you can just get some videos up showing stuff like how sheik can do a raising fair into jump/whatever.
Quarter stick DI? What's that? How does it affect up smash?

demodemo

Smash Ace
the ftilt to usmash thing, i think my friends have caught on to it, it's pretty obvious what i'm going to do when i deliberately ftilt before each of my aerials, and they start DIing up/away, and then the usmash doesn't connect anymore, or connects at the side..

Does this only happen to me?

Villi

Smash Lord
the ftilt to usmash thing, i think my friends have caught on to it, it's pretty obvious what i'm going to do when i deliberately ftilt before each of my aerials, and they start DIing up/away, and then the usmash doesn't connect anymore, or connects at the side..

Does this only happen to me?
Try ftilting closer to Sheik when you want to up smash. The hitbox closer to Sheik's body sends them straight upward which makes DI less effective.

legion598

Smash Ace
well we can always talk about the strategic aspects of Shiek because i dont see any ground breaking discoveries coming up and theirs nothing wrong with bringing up old news if it is indeed very old

Quarter stick DI? What's that? How does it affect up smash?
I believe tristan is talking about smash DI maybe? tho im not entirely sure how it works.

Villi

Smash Lord
Hum, well I guess if they SDI correctly they end up taking the double hit of up smash which might not kill them. I dunno. Otherwise they're stuck not DIing effectively or DIing correctly which is just two differet kill percents to worry about depending on the opponent.

Villi

Smash Lord
No I'm talking about this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucKOF4U63FU

Sheik can do it but the nair or bair is just a much better option.
Ok, that only works for moves that will send you close to a corner, but not quite because of stage positioning. If Marth were further away from the right side of the screen, Snake would still get star KO'd.

All the Snake is doing is moving himself closer to the corner after he regains control of his momentum so he has more distance between himself and the blast zone. That's why when he messed up at 1/4 speed, he got the special diagonal KO explosion that tells us it woulda been a star KO if he weren't so close to the side blast zone.

My PT friend does this with Squirtle's dthrow near ledges a lot so that if you have "good DI", you end up just missing the corner and get star KO'd and if you have "bad DI", you get side KO'd.

It's not applicable to Sheik's up smash on the majority of possible stage positions if at all.

And fair is the better option of all Sheik's aerials. It ends the soonest and allows the Sheik control of his character sooner. You can fair with your c-stick and then fast fall with your c-stick while fairing, allowing you to use your left hand solely to DI and manipulate your momentum.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
F-tilt isnt disjointed???
Disjointed Hitbox: A disjointed hitbox is an area that an opponent can attack without having to worry about being hurt. Disjointed hitbox’s are often confused with rules of priority. To better understand how they work it’s best to tinker with Marth or Ness’s F-air.
AlphaZealot

Flamingo

Smash Lord
Disjointed Hitbox: A disjointed hitbox is an area that an opponent can attack without having to worry about being hurt. Disjointed hitbox’s are often confused with rules of priority. To better understand how they work it’s best to tinker with Marth or Ness’s F-air.
AlphaZealot
lulz i was only joking. Metaknight's sword is disjointed... are all the swordsmen's swords disjointed though? Snake's C4 and Mine is probably the most disjointed hitbox in the game lol.

Top Bottom