• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Discworld Mafia - Game Over - Scum Wins!

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
kuz, list of people and thoughts on them

j, when i complained about the "this is my town" I said clearly I wasn't just talking about you, but other people as well. Gord is the one who said that.

safe - claim = they can safely claim something. So yes, if you say to someone "Hammer this person" and that person hammers them, they can say "I only hammered because J told me to." People should do things on their own, that's how you find scum. Instead of directing people.

I see Cello viewing this thread. O_O

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
J said:
Do not direct the cop....? Since when? In EVERY game I have been in the cop has been directed since D1. Also you are creating a bunch WIFOM with the mass amount of roles that can change the fate of an investigation. Out of the wine cabinent Mayling. ;D
Directing the cop is ********. Period.

How does it give scum a safe-claim? The only thing I can think of is say "I only hammered them because ___ told me too! I had a town read but I didn't wanna go against the plan." <---Is this what you meant by safe-claim? @_@
Yes it is. If one of the people you gave "permission" to hammer does it, they can get off totally scot-free. "Well J told me to! If you have a problem, talk to J!"

@kuzinator: Why bother asking whether we care if you post on your hydra if you aren't going to listen to the responses? Post on your ****ing hydra account so we'll be able to find your posts later.

Unvote

Vote: UTD

I don't really think kuz is scum, just an idiot.

Unrelated to him being an idiot, what kind of scum would "breadcrumb" as vanilla? Any experienced mafia player, if they were scum and thought they'd need a claim, would breadcrumb a PR. That way we'd be less likely to lynch them if it ever came up. But kuz breadcrumbed vanilla (actually, he just breadcrumbed his flavor, but that's because you can't exactly breadcrumb "vanilla" without using the actual word, which would be obvious). This leads me to believe that A) he is town, and B) just breadcrumbed everything in his role PM exactly as it appears, and C) thought that he was supposed to breadcrumb his role, no matter WHAT it was, so that it would lend credence to his claim later, even though his claim actually sucks. Unless he breadcrumbed a safe-claim, then I believe it for now.

kuz is probably town. Definitely suspicious of UTD's quietness and sudden L-1 vote. Hate J's play so far, but it could go either way (see my "there's a justification for anything on D1 post), so igmeoy.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Also, J, the only game I was in with you, I think was Oddworld. Directing cop in that game allowed us, scum, to tailor the hydra that night. I didn't say anything about it then, because I was scum and it worked to our advantage. It allowed us to tailor someone, because cop was directed. But thanks for proving my point. Don't direct cop.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
@kuz, if you're going to continue to be an *** and not post on your hydra, let me know so I can replace out. No, really. That crap is annoying.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
McFox said:
Unrelated to him being an idiot, what kind of scum would "breadcrumb" as vanilla? Any experienced mafia player, if they were scum and thought they'd need a claim, would breadcrumb a PR. That way we'd be less likely to lynch them if it ever came up. But kuz breadcrumbed vanilla (actually, he just breadcrumbed his flavor, but that's because you can't exactly breadcrumb "vanilla" without using the actual word, which would be obvious). This leads me to believe that A) he is town, and B) just breadcrumbed everything in his role PM exactly as it appears, and C) thought that he was supposed to breadcrumb his role, no matter WHAT it was, so that it would lend credence to his claim later, even though his claim actually sucks. Unless he breadcrumbed a safe-claim, then I believe it for now.
To clarify, if kuz had scummates, they would've told him it's ******** to breadcrumb as vanilla. Probably even to breadcrumb a vanilla safeclaim. So I don't think he has any mates.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
To clarify, if kuz had scummates, they would've told him it's ******** to breadcrumb as vanilla. Probably even to breadcrumb a vanilla safeclaim. So I don't think he has any mates.
This doesn't make sense, and this sort of logic is faulty. Just because he has scummates, 1) doesn't mean he even talks to him (note: they may ignore him for a more natural playstyle) 2) doesn't give him good advice (they may believe, let the dude act how he wants, so he doesn't seem forced.) 3) he does have a MATE. smarg. she let him do it (or maybe she didn't and he did ir anyway.) Regardless, even with a mate, he breadcrumbed, so what's to say that with scummates, they'd stop him?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Maybe so. But I just don't see it. I'd be much happier with UTD right now. The way he jumped onto the wagon to get to L-1 with no explanation (except "I'm going v/la, better do this now! That way if someone hammers before I get back I can be mostly blameless!") was mad suspicious, yo.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
UTD, while you're here can you put your vote on th3smarg?

UFD said:
Why vote him? Is that what most of town wants? Maybe sum up briefly whats happrned with him/her. I'll do it if youd like. Not sure how close he is to being lynched though.
Went to reread what you said Mcfox, and I found this.

Another example of why directing votes is bad. As McFox pointed out, UFD plopped his vote down after J's direciton. he could have used that as an excuse later, so yeah this sort of play is bad imo.

UFD is fishy imo, he does seem to be coasting a lot. Still not a big fan of Kuz, and I'd reread what he was saying but too bad he made it so hard to find his posts. UFD admits his character isn't on the list, so we'd get just as much info regarding "THE LiST" if either flipped.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Nonono, I shoulda added UFD is really fishy to me now. especially he even said "Why should I vote him? but I will if you want me to." especially scummy.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Been trying to figure out how to log out of this account on this stupid smartphone, but I can't figure it out.

I am in the car driving up island and I really don't want to answer your giant question, mayling, until I get home tonight and type it all out.

I did think it was strange that utd made a statement that he did not view me as town yet still puts @ l-1 anyway. That's the only thing I have to go by, though, considering he has not posted much.

With all the posting I have been doing there was much more info to examine which gave j a case for putting me up for the lynch.

Inb4 j calls me for giving my thoughts on UTD.

When I return tonight I will use the hydra. I apologize for that inconvenience.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Thank you kuz, and much appreciated. I understand more why you weren't switching out. For the record, you have to be on the homepage, and scroll to the bottom. =)

I don't want you to post your thoughts on your smartphone because I want an indepth answer.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Sorry guys I keep forgetting..

D1 Votecount!

th3smarginator (3) Cello_Marl, GorditoBoy69, UTDZac
Gheb (1) Mayling,
Cello_Marl (1) Sephiroths Masamune
GordtioBoy69 (2) th3Smarginator, Gheb
UTDZac (1) McFox

Not Voting (4) smashmachine, Swiss, Kataefi, J

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch!

Deadline is Dec 4th!

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I had to vote for th3 because J asked me to. I was questioning him to make sure thats what he really wanted. When he replied back with the go ahead, i had to. I was trying to hide the fact i was being control (voting-wise) but i guess that backfired and now i look suspicious.

Im on the road driving back home. Im reading stuff but cant post unless i stop at a gas station.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I had to vote for th3 because J asked me to. I was questioning him to make sure thats what he really wanted. When he replied back with the go ahead, i had to. I was trying to hide the fact i was being control (voting-wise) but i guess that backfired and now i look suspicious.

Im on the road driving back home. Im reading stuff but cant post unless i stop at a gas station.
You had to? o_O You were controlled? O_O Since when let us check the posts again.

UTD, while you're here can you put your vote on th3smarg?
Why vote him? Is that what most of town wants? Maybe sum up briefly whats happrned with him/her. I'll do it if youd like. Not sure how close he is to being lynched though.
J][COLOR="deepskyblue said:
@UTD/Kataefi: One of you put them at L-1 but the other of you two DO NOT HAMMER TILL HE CLAIMS. I will give the final verdict on what we are going to do after he claims.[/COLOR]
Vote: th3smarginator

Gonna put him at L-1. There's a good chance i'll be gone from now until tomorrow night.
I don't even think I responded to you with answers to your questions. I just adressed a post made by th3smarg and then you voted for him just listening for me asking one of you two to put him at L-1. If I had as you say "controlled" then I would have been more forceful with it. Here's an easy solution to my asking to vote for th3smarg.

;D

or there is another thing

Are you being VM'd?

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
I had to vote for th3 because J asked me to.
why?

I was questioning him to make sure thats what he really wanted. When he replied back with the go ahead, i had to.
why

I was trying to hide the fact i was being control (voting-wise) but i guess that backfired and now i look suspicious.
why were you being controlled? why did you want to hide the fact?

I don't know about everyone else, but that post made it look like mad connections between J and UTD. Lol.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
No its not standard Vote Manipulation. Its not something you're aware of i dont think. It seems i have to follow what someone says given the right circumstances. And right now thats J

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
wait what....? So you have to do what I say like.....a pet? I am sorry but you need to explain this when you have the oppurtunity.

Let me take the example if I were to say.

UTD vote for yourself because I say so.

Would you have to?

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
No its not standard Vote Manipulation. Its not something you're aware of i dont think. It seems i have to follow what someone says given the right circumstances. And right now thats J
What? What are the circumstances you're talking about? At least give us that.

unvote vote UTD

th3smarginator

th3kuzinator|smargaret
Stopped at a gas station and just read UTD's post so I just wanna ask him something.

If its not something I am aware of and its something you have to follow, is that some sort of voting restriction relevant to your PR?

If not, then there is absolutely no reason you had to follow J and your explanation is null.

Also I learned how to sign out of accounts on a phone (hellz yeah).

BTW, UTD, since you did not know what crumbing was, do you mind me asking how much experience you have with mafia? Since I have never played with you before I am just curious if you are newish like me.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Yeah, unless this is a severely broken game, then assuming you are telling the truth, you have to be town. So if the mafia can somehow gain control of your vote, then don't explain how J got control. But you should tell us what the consequences are for not doing it. Do you get modkilled? Is your role revealed? Give us something.

Unvote for now, but I could easily switch back.

I need to look at how the others got onto th3's wagon.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
And J for the love of God don't tell him to vote anyone. The town can come to a consensus about who he should vote for, and then you can direct him, if the MAJORITY of people are comfortable with it. If you start directing his vote around on purpose without making it a town decision your (game)life is forfeit. Fair warning.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
McFox, Of course I know that if I have that much control over UTD. I mean really though? I am not going to be mind-numbingly stupid with this "power" I have over UTD as to use it against the town's will. I mean it's common sense. I need to know the restrictions of it so I don't accidently make him do it. Plus he would be putting himself at L-5 to test this out but if you want we can have him test it on me. We need to know the final details though before we test ANYTHING.

The empty threat is cute too. ^^

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
I wish McFox hadn't said anything about anything and just let UTD spoke. I don't get the feeling he needs to vote for him, because what a weird power would that be? Not only is it hard to distinguish (someone has to tell him to do something?) I don't know. Seems odd.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Skimmed heavily and I see that Gheb has moved to my wagon and got J to hop off of Kuz' wagon. That's about all I've really gone, in depth to, so far.

So, I'm open to any pressure or questions you have to direct to me. Just ask.

Oh, and I'm not gonna be here for the rest of today, and most likely wont be back till about 4 pm tomorrow EST.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
You must've skimmed REALLY hard if you are saying Gheb convinced me to get off of th3kuzi wagon.

Also who else is getting upset when they see Cello viewing the thread but then he leaves without posting. T_T

Vote: Cello_Marl

Get in here and post.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
wait what....? So you have to do what I say like.....a pet? I am sorry but you need to explain this when you have the oppurtunity.

Let me take the example if I were to say.

UTD vote for yourself because I say so.

Would you have to?
Yes. Though, I can still vote for whoever or change it whenever I want. I just have to make a complete post with your vote in it.

If its not something I am aware of and its something you have to follow, is that some sort of voting restriction relevant to your PR?

BTW, UTD, since you did not know what crumbing was, do you mind me asking how much experience you have with mafia? Since I have never played with you before I am just curious if you are newish like me.
I don't have a PR.

I still don't know what crumbing is =(

So if the mafia can somehow gain control of your vote, then don't explain how J got control. But you should tell us what the consequences are for not doing it. Do you get modkilled? Is your role revealed? Give us something.
It's possible, anyone can. I don't know what the consequences are.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Do you know the consequences if you do not follow what I say?

i.e. You don't make a post voting for yourself?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
*thinks about it while hitting cello with a stick because I see you viewing*

>:[

Are people fine with UTD voting for me to see the effects/test it out?

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
To see the effects of what?

What happens when he breaks the rules, or test out the conditions of how to gain his vote.

I would rather you not, tbh. I dont really want scum seeing how they can gain an extra vote to quick lynch someone.

If you guys can do it somehow, in this thread, without giving the entire concept/procedure away to the scum then I wouldn't mind.

Top Bottom