• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dirtiest Player in the Game - Wario Social Thread

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Or WE could do something to improve Wario's metagame to the point where he can go even with MK. Like exploring tires.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Or WE could do something to improve Wario's metagame to the point where he can go even with MK. Like exploring tires.
We're doing what we can. I've messed around with slants and stuff. I think that figuring out where to throw the bike and tires will be helpful.

Throwing the bike down on the middle slants of the Grass portion of Pokémon Stadium 1 throws the bike sideways really quickly at an angle that will hit Meta Knight.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Use mindgames dude. Just be super tricky with them, hence the furthering of the metagame via discovering trickiness.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
I mean like, do other stuff besides tire down throw Uair. Glide toss Oos, mixing up timings with z dropping and z catching, mixing in bites, grabs etc.

tedeth

Smash Master
You know where it sloped down into that little dirt bit? If you're in the middle of that D3 will land close enough for a regrab.

I havn't tested %s but it's fairly good.

Slopes change the cg alot.

I was talking about this **** ages ago and everyone ignored me and said I was wrong lololololol.

I also discovered buffered pivot cg like 8 months before D3s did and a whole bunch of Wario players didnt believe me so I kind of ****ed off these boards for a while. :p

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
I'd like to give props to Krystedez for beating Rain.

I'm a scrub and all, but very impressive, dude.

| Big D |

Smash Master
Some stuff that you may haven't thought of.

Run away > Forward glide toss towards opponent. It's really surprising since it changes your momentum very quickly

Jump and down throw tire beside them and clap. A lot of times they dodge and it's a free grab > down throw tire combo. Heck, at low percents, you can grab from clap, it's worked for me.

Grab tire with nair and fast fall onto your opponent. If you do it right it should set you up for a downwards glide toss > fsmash.

Some tricks that work for me sometimes.

Nair is too good for pushing people into bouncing tires.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
I didn't know that Tink's dair and our uair traded hits. I got an amazing kill off of it. <3

Now I just need to learn how to not get timeout'd by Tink. With a little practice, I can imagine I'll get better at this than I ever imagined. I used to hate this matchup.

Labernash

Smash Lord
I play Tinks alot, and I pretty much stay out of their sword range and to get meleee'd with a rang, but close enough to where they want to run to safer ground. Bombs are easy to deal with, just shield then z-catch.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Tires can be really good for zoning and stage control, as well as forcing airdodges and lagging his Zair. Tires r 2 gud.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Yes, but interestingly TLink's bombs don't destroy the tires. Curious, curious indeed.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I am officially picking this character up with my D3. Had a lot of fun farting on people this weekend. My naturally campy and defensive playstyle earns me Wafts? Oh yes.

Can one of you sexy Wario's direct me to some videos of defensive Warios? I mean from experience, I know about Blue Rogue but was wondering if there are others.

:phone:

Shift

Smash Journeyman
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit, I haven't been on the SWF in such a long time and now there is a new look to it? Man, it's so different.

Hey fellas, I'm back. Been a while since I've been busy with real life (work, work, work, work, work). How are my Waribros doin'? :]

SAX

Smash Ace
I am officially picking this character up with my D3. Had a lot of fun farting on people this weekend. My naturally campy and defensive playstyle earns me Wafts? Oh yes.

Can one of you sexy Wario's direct me to some videos of defensive Warios? I mean from experience, I know about Blue Rogue but was wondering if there are others.

Masky! He's really good and plays really defensive.

BPx

Smash Lord
won my first tourney this weekend, granted it was a con tourney, but a lot of the good iowa players were there. was a good ruleset with 40 entrants though. feels good, man.

also, bassem, can't wait to meet you at super bit warz :D

bassem6

Smash Lord
won my first tourney this weekend, granted it was a con tourney, but a lot of the good iowa players were there. was a good ruleset with 40 entrants though. feels good, man.

also, bassem, can't wait to meet you at super bit warz :D
yeah man, looking forward to it! :)

Labernash

Smash Lord

Masky. Sometimes Dynomite. DMG. So much awesome.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit, I haven't been on the SWF in such a long time and now there is a new look to it? Man, it's so different.

Hey fellas, I'm back. Been a while since I've been busy with real life (work, work, work, work, work). How are my Waribros doin'? :]
HAI!!!!!

sup biatchessssssssssssssssssss back to brawl :D
HAI!!!

something random i learned this weekend:

bite ***** sonic :)
I know! Homing attack = win for us.

yeah man, looking forward to it! :)
Bassem owning it up in Texas. Omnom

Croi

Smash Lord
Hey guys, legit question, is Corkscrew really a bad idea for a panic button? Like "**** they're standing right next to me I don't want to get grabbed all I can do is spotdodge maybe I should use nair no short-hopping takes too many frames I will use up-B instead".

Maybe it's just the people I play against, but if I'm in a situation like that, Corkscrew actually helps more than it hinders.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
I use it too, especially to get out of Snake's dthrow chains. It's more of unpredictablity than anything, so I wouldn't use it more than twice a set.

∫unk

Smash Master
there's a new wario in the field :)

i have no idea how to use this guy (only how to **** him :D) but im gonna study the threads here

fart is so sexy

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Nair oos >>>>> Corkscrew oos IMO. If you miss a corkscrew (they can SDI it), then you are a sitting duck. If you miss with Nair (less likely) it is a legit as **** move so you'll be good. Yeah not good for getting outta **** though since Wario takes 7 frames to jump, only 7/60ths of a second hey but this game is PRECISE!!

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I like Nair because you can always just move away whether it hits the opponent,the shield or nothinng and its super hard to punish. Corkscrew kind of sucks way your aerial mobility. Though it is a decent mixup if youre opponent is bad at SDI. I usually use Dair a little liberally in the beginning to see how good their SDI is.

∫unk

Smash Master
i've seen pwneroni combo nair to fart... on me T-T

didn't know you were a mod dude

and ofc the penguins are taking over :) we're too good

Top Bottom