• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DIME+BR - Melee+PM! - August 24th, 2013 - Plano, TX

D

Deleted member

Ali you don't seem to get it. We're smash players. We like people supporting our group but we talk on this thread for the event, not for people to critique your 10 minute photshop creations. Go to DeviantArt.
We're a community, Zach. We don't ONLY play videogames. Our community is full of fan works such as art and modification, and we are constantly expanding our knowledge and resources of the game and it's likings with fan efforts and projects.

Communities grow by popular opinion and critique. If this never existed and wasn't implemented in this (or any) community, it's projects and works would fail. IE: No Project:M following, mod, or anything.

D

Deleted member

We're a community, Zach. We don't ONLY play videogames. Our community is full of fan works such as art and modification, and we are constantly expanding our knowledge and resources of the game and it's likings with fan efforts and projects.
Forums > Smash Tournaments > Tournament Listings

Byte_

Smash Cadet
Oh lookie, Zach posed a link that isn't to *******.
I know where the artwork emporium is, and I've been there, but I think tournament logos should go with the tournaments they are designed for.

And no one is has to critique it either. It will get used, or it won't. That's it.

D

Deleted member

And no one is has to critique it either. It will get used, or it won't. That's it.
They don't have to, but it's a kind gesture and it's very appreciated. Most artists (like me) do it to other artists like a second nature.

Byte_

Smash Cadet
Then don't get pissed off when people who aren't artists don't critique your work.

D

Deleted member

Then don't get pissed off when people who aren't artists don't critique your work.
They should at least say something about it. I'm getting tired of doing a bunch of stuff for people and not getting a single ounce of anything back from it.

2-bit

Smash Apprentice
I'm just asking for a small bit of feedback on it. Like, do you like how it was designed, what do you think I should do differently to improve it's composition, and all that.
most graphic designers aren't insecure about thier creations
Ali you don't seem to get it. We're smash players. We like people supporting our group but we talk on this thread for the event, not for people to critique your 10 minute photshop creations. Go to DeviantArt.
10/10 made me lol

D

Deleted member

Man, this thread is like Marvel 2. We've really been... TAKEN FOR A RIDE.

D

Deleted member

So you admit to being an amateur graphic designer? then don't ***** when your amateur graphic design isn't used.
I'm trying to get better, that's why I'm looking for feedback.

2-bit

Smash Apprentice
I'm trying to get better, that's why I'm looking for feedback.
your amatuer is showing... helpful tip if you want to get into graphic design... never expect feedback and NEVER ask for feedback from the client... YOU are the designer, just apply your knowledge of the program you use to create YOUR image, because while you're learning is the only time that YOU get to choose what the design looks like. Once you start doing it for people by their request, you have to do what THEY want.

D

Deleted member

your amatuer is showing... helpful tip if you want to get into graphic design... never expect feedback and NEVER ask for feedback from the client... YOU are the designer, just apply your knowledge of the program you use to create YOUR image, because while you're learning is the only time that YOU get to choose what the design looks like. Once you start doing it for people by their request, you have to do what THEY want.

Fellow tip: I don't care what you think. That method can work if you are a freelance designer, but if you are employed and have to match your boss's wishes 1 for 1 in a piece of art, then you really have to ask questions.

Shoutouts to ****ing Mark Chandler, by the way.

Byte_

Smash Cadet
How many times do we have to say it, you shouldn't expect people to critique your work at all, and you certainly shouldn't expect any in a tournament listings forum.

D

Deleted member

How many times do we have to say it, you shouldn't expect people to critique your work at all, and you certainly shouldn't expect any in a tournament listings forum.
Critiquing helps me grow and get better at my works. I don't know how many times I have to say that.

D

Deleted member

****ing finally were on topic. I was tired of Ali bumping this thread with stuff no one cares about :facepalm:
I will have a setup for P:M, I'm going to attempt to work on a common5 for it. As a reminder to everyone though, Bring your melee disc and Memory card even if you can't bring a cube or TV. If you can, bring a full setup for P:M because the venue is supplying for Melee, not P:M.

D

Deleted member

****ing finally were on topic. I was tired of Ali bumping this thread with stuff no one cares about :facepalm:
I will have a setup for P:M, I'm going to attempt to work on a common5 for it. As a reminder to everyone though, Bring your melee disc and Memory card even if you can't bring a cube or TV. If you can, bring a full setup for P:M because the venue is supplying for Melee, not P:M.

2-bit

Smash Apprentice
Fellow tip: I don't care what you think. That method can work if you are a freelance designer, but if you are employed and have to match your boss's wishes 1 for 1 in a piece of art, then you really have to ask questions.

Shoutouts to ****ing Mark Chandler, by the way.
Are you employed? no, so stfu. while learning you do what you want because when the time comes to actually do something for somebody its their vision you create, and you have to do it. Even if they want you to use ****ing comic sans.
Im done ****posting. You have no idea what you are talking about. we're done here

D

Deleted member

I can bring a copy of Melee with a memory card, so there ya go. :)

2-bit

Smash Apprentice
Penguin, I expect to get in more friendlies with you, I've improved quite a bit since the last DIME!

D

Deleted member

I remember watching you two play, also, those were some intense friendlies lol (response to your first post)

Can't wait to play you again too, I feel like I've gotten a bit better haha

D

Deleted member

We should also talk 2bit. I know last time you knew basics but didn't have anything else down, I think talking IRL would help you a lot since I've picked up stuff about marth for a long time.
Also a lot of the marth boards are just theory crafting and random stuff that really doesn't happen. I think talking with people you trust about matchups would help a newer marth more.

D

Deleted member

Are you employed? no, so stfu. while learning you do what you want because when the time comes to actually do something for somebody its their vision you create, and you have to do it. Even if they want you to use ****ing comic sans.
Im done ****posting. You have no idea what you are talking about. we're done here
I am employed. Yes, I know what I'm ****ing talking about here.
I do graphic design on the side. It's not a major thing. My main focus is programming.

Quick question, how many games have you published on steam?

StoryTime

Smash Apprentice
Would it be good if I brought my Melee disc and memory card even if I'm only going to be there for 3 hours? Obviously I'll need to collect them before I leave so I'm checking to see if it'll be of any help if I can only provide it for a few hours.

D

Deleted member

Would it be good if I brought my Melee disc and memory card even if I'm only going to be there for 3 hours? Obviously I'll need to collect them before I leave so I'm checking to see if it'll be of any help if I can only provide it for a few hours.
It might be worth it, even if was only a few hours. The more sets the better.
Then again, you may need to ask for Waterless' opinion. I would bring it anyway just incase.

2-bit

Smash Apprentice
I am employed. Yes, I know what I'm ****ing talking about here.
I do graphic design on the side. It's not a major thing. My main focus is programming.

Quick question, how many games have you published on steam?
please use MORE logical fallacies. Nice try with the Red Herring but this has absolutely NOTHING to do with publishing games on steam

2-bit

Smash Apprentice
We should also talk 2bit. I know last time you knew basics but didn't have anything else down, I think talking IRL would help you a lot since I've picked up stuff about marth for a long time.
Also a lot of the marth boards are just theory crafting and random stuff that really doesn't happen. I think talking with people you trust about matchups would help a newer marth more.
Yea, i played mango's marth when i was in socal but all he had to tell me was "you feel like you dont really know what you want to do with your character

Top Bottom