• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DIME+BR - Melee+PM! - August 24th, 2013 - Plano, TX

D

Deleted member

It's not like you're a TO Ali, I think you should leave this to the big boys

Byte_

Smash Cadet
This is the furthest thing from a flame war, it's just a pretty civil discussion.

D

Deleted member

Isn't Topmost a thing you made with your boy scouts group? That's not exactly what I call professional...
Anyways, Times should always be the same. Since the early Bowsers Revenge Monthlies, we pretty much established out times and have kept with them since then. I don't feel the need to change much.

Torin

Smash Rookie
Just gonna say that me, Ali, and possibly 2 others won't be there until around 4:00. Since Ali and I want to try P:M Doubles, maybe we could move the P:M Doubles to 4:00 or 5:00 and the P:M Singles to around 8:00? Or, at the very least, move the P:M Singles to 4:00 or 5:00? I know the schedule is 'tentative', but planning on giving Melee Singles 6 hours seems overkill.

D

Deleted member

oh **** i just realized who TR8NR and Torin are

can't wait to play them now >:)

Torin

Smash Rookie
Yeah, and I'm working on my Squirtle. Ali knows how epic it is >:3
And Ali, Jake and TR8NR are getting their own ride.

D

Deleted member

holy ****, i seriously hope i make this, it would be badass to play all of you guys again before i start High school this year

Penguin_ftw

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, we're trying to please everyone with the schedule, and I think we should all come to a conclusion to when everything should start.
That's not how this works. Gabe's a reasonable guy and I'm sure he'll take everything into consideration and will try and accommodate people when possible, but this isn't a democracy.

D

Deleted member

That's not how this works. Gabe's a reasonable guy and I'm sure he'll take everything into consideration and will try and accommodate people when possible, but this isn't a democracy.
Oh, well okay then.

WaterlessFishie

Smash Journeyman
There seems to be a misconception that PM singles are going to end when melee singles start. I'm staggering the start times so in the event a higher level player does well in both games, hopefully the bracket won't be held up on them (shout outs to sethlon for the idea).

Penguin_ftw

Smash Apprentice
>Doesn't consider any but one of my schedule changes
>Doesn't even bother looking at my logo redesign
>Ignores most thread questions

Well, that sure sounds reasonable.
There's a difference between not considering and declining. If you want to schedule a tournament set it up yourself.

I know for a ****ing fact he tried to incorporate your dumb ****ing logo that no one asked for but it was too big and wouldn't format right on his phone so he didn't **** up the OP by messing with it.

You (although you're not alone in this) feel the need to respond to almost every post in these DIME threads and they get hella cluttered. Gabe checks this thing whenever he gets a chance and answers any relevant questions.

D

Deleted member

You (although you're not alone in this) feel the need to respond to almost every post in these DIME threads and they get hella cluttered.

This is ironic that I'm responding to you right now but, I hope you're not talking about me too lol

D

Deleted member

The point is that no one needed a logo and that GABE is in charge of this.
Anything you want to argue is cool, but nothings going to change.

WaterlessFishie

Smash Journeyman
To be quite honest, I don't really give a flying **** when PM starts. If it's going to change it's because Oracle asks me to change it (someone I consulted before posting the times). Quit ******** so much.

Penguin_ftw

Smash Apprentice
I will set up one - and I am. Also, I said I didn't mean the Mahvel logo, dumbo. I made those logos to help spice up the thread after he created it, since he needed stuff to spice up the thread. I'm only helping.
Also, who cares if I respond to everything? That's what some people do. If you have a problem with it, keep it to yourself or message me about it, hypocrite.
>edits
>needed

And who cares? People who get interested that there might be updates to DIME 4/BR and it's just you posting nonsensical bull**** time and time again. Does it actually matter? No of course not, but you can't complain about people missing/ignoring posts when half of these threads wind up being unrelated garbage that you create (and in an effort to counter act this, now that I've brought it up I'm done with this discussion).

@Scotch: Yes, you are one of the other main "offenders"

D

Deleted member

Well, now, since so much **** has been stirred and I'm considered nonsensical filler to this thread (every DIME thread), let me just say that I really don't care when the events start anymore lol, just as long as there reasonable and that they make sense.

I'd like to say sorry to Gabe too, I hope I'm not stressing you out or anything like that.

D

Deleted member

I still don't see how stress can come from proposed mutual agreements that favor in both parties equally.
Eh, I just said sorry anyway, because I don't like make anyone mad, and I usually just wanna be friends with everyone. So said sorry for **** that I probably did, or didn't do.

I'm probably pissing off Penguin_FTW right now by replying to you, so sorry Penguin_FTW.

lol

D

Deleted member

You guys are causing a commotion from nothing. We have the same schedules everytime and theres no problems, we've had BR and Melee mixed in before (BR6 as an example) and it always runs fine.
Making a logo is appreciated Ali but theres no reason to be hurt it.

Penguin_ftw

Smash Apprentice
Eh, I just said sorry anyway, because I don't like make anyone mad, and I usually just wanna be friends with everyone. So said sorry for **** that I probably did, or didn't do.

I'm probably pissing off Penguin_FTW right now by replying to you, so sorry Penguin_FTW.

lol
Whoa ***** slow down, I'm jussayin' maybe if you decreased the quantity of your posts slightly and focused more on keeping them relevant to the thread everything would be dandy, nawmsayin?

Oracle

Smash Master
woah why is there all this fighting about the scheduling? just show up to the tournament and we'll play some vidya

Torin

Smash Rookie
We can't, and that's why Ali wants to change it. He really wants to do P:M Doubles, or maybe even Singles, but since we won't be there until 4:00 and the schedule has all the P:M stuff before 4:00, he (and I as well) wish to edit the schedule a little to be able to play some P:M

D

Deleted member

Oh, so Alis trying to change the schedule to benefit himself?

Torin

Smash Rookie
Yes and no. He would like to change it not only for himself, but for me and possibly 2 others who also have the same problem. Although, if you want to cynic, who am I to stop you?

Top Bottom