• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DIME+BR - Melee+PM! - August 24th, 2013 - Plano, TX

Byte_

Smash Cadet
By the way Gabe, I got a capture card and laptop I can bring with me. Let me know if you want me to bring them for more videos on another setup.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of that, I said on the facebook group that my laptop died.
It did. I'm not going to bring anything for recording, but I can bring a setup. P:M or Melee?

D

Deleted member

A Wii setup with a Melee and P:M Disc. (P:M as in your brawl disc with the sd card and ****.)

D

Deleted member

I'll edit the common5 for P:M by adding the Logo that you made (That marvel one or w/e). I'll try the thing you sent as well, because I know the background color is a bit bland.

D

Deleted member

This is going to be a great event, can't wait to see you guys there if I go :3

Also, Zach, do you wanna team with me in P:M?

D

Deleted member

I don't really like doubles. I won money once with penguin so I think I'm going to quit while I'm ahead. (I didn't do teams at LTC or Dime 3 if you noticed)

D

Deleted member

Anyone wanna partner with my bro? He plays Falco. (Melee.)

Since Ali is partnering with some dude for P:M, me and my bro will team instead for P:M, but he needs a partner for Melee since Ali can pay for my doubles fee (i think, correct me if i am wrong please) and wants to team with me.

If you guys just don't wanna roll with my brother, its k. He'll just enter Melee Singles instead.

Also, are we going to have pools again? I think a good amount of people will show up.

D

Deleted member

A lot of the people who were here last time were probably just evo post hype. I don't expect as many people this time. It's also on short notice.
Gabe if I have to play you in bracket for the 3rd/4th time in a row I'm going to ****ing throw a fit :mad:

D

Deleted member

Anyways... back on topic...
Whats the attendance for the P:M side event looking like? Is there a separate thread?
Sethlon obviously isn't coming, so I guess Oracle can win some money now. I have a large chance of attending...

D

Deleted member

Technically wavebirds aren't allowed because of 2 people bring them and they play, their signals will interfere and wavebirds can't handle more than 1. It ends up basically dropping 90% of your inputs.
If only 1 person and just 1 uses a wavebird you're fine though.

Byte_

Smash Cadet
I'm asking because wavebirds are generally inferior to wired controllers, so i'd be purposefully handicapping myself for no good reason other than for show.

D

Deleted member

You might have a frame or 2 of input lag but if no one else in the venue uses one you'll be fine.

D

Deleted member

If I can go to this, can anyone in the D/FW area pick me up from my apartment and give me a ride?

My mom's pretty pissed at me right now lol, so idk if I can go haha

WaterlessFishie

Smash Journeyman
The times are set. We won't start each event right on time, these are estimations. I put PM first because I expect more PM entrants than melee.

Doing singles first doesn't work, because then no one wants to do doubles after they already tried in singles.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, we're trying to please everyone with the schedule, and I think we should all come to a conclusion to when everything should start.

Ali's schedule is okay (expect for Singles starting first, lolwtf), it seems like he's trying to make Oracle and Waterless both happy.

Also, I think we can get **** running efficiently, and not have a bunch of assholes just sitting there and sneaking friendlies in while the bracket is going, if we just let people know that we are running a tight ship, and we need to get **** that matters done. (Because I see a metric **** ton of people using the TV's for ****s and giggles when the bracket is going, and the people that need to play tournament matches have to wait.)

Also, you said yourself Waterless that the schedule was tentative, so I see no reason why we can't change it :)

D

Deleted member

Oracle do you have any idea on attendance for P:M? Sethlons not going ofc, but what about Dakpo/Awestin/Infinity/etc
I'm starting to re-think dubs after watching old matches of myself, but I'm still skeptical about it.

Oracle

Smash Master
i think awestin is going? idk about dakpo. i'll talk to people at dentis on thursday but i feel like there is a brawl thingy going on somewhere

D

Deleted member

If awestin and dakpo aren't going I feel like I'll meet somebody in losers finals

WaterlessFishie

Smash Journeyman
Ali PM is getting more time, because it's starting first. And there are PLENTY of PM only people, which is why the DFW PM tourneys have traditionally had more entrants than the melee ones.
The schedule being tentative means I'm probably not going to start the brackets when I said I would. Like dubs will prolly be delayed if not enough people show up etc.

Top Bottom