• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DIME+BR - Melee+PM! - August 24th, 2013 - Plano, TX

WaterlessFishie

Smash Journeyman

Melee Rules:

Singles Stage List

Starters/Neutrals:
  • Yoshi’s Story
  • Fountain of Dreams
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Dream Land
Counterpick:
  • Pokemon Stadium
Doubles Stage List
Starters/Neutrals:
  • Yoshi’s Story
  • Pokemon Stadium
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Dream Land
Counterpick:
  • DK 64
General Rules
  • Items are set to off
  • Stock and time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes, respectively
  • Wobbling is legal
  • Double Blind: If elected
  • Contest Port Priority: If elected
  • Neutral Start: If elected
  • Standard DSR will be used (you may not counterpick to any stage you have won on in the set unless agreed upon by your opponent).
  • Gentleman’s Clause
  • Forced Character Selection: Off
  • Matches that time out will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, the match should be replayed in full. Sudden Death is not to be played, and will not count. A player/team may not counterpick to the stage they last won on. This includes the first match won via stage striking.
  • Pausing the game shall only be legal while either player remains upon their OWN respawn platform, and only for the purpose of summoning a tournament official or in the case of a controller malfunction. All other pauses will incur a stock loss to the player who pauses the game.
  • Any coaching that happens during the match (but not in between matches) is restricted. Players who violate this rule will receive a warning (BOTH the player AND the person coaching the player) on the first attempt. Players who violate this rule after a warning will be disqualified from the event and a possible ejection from the venue.
  • Players are to attend their matches at the designated times they are called. If you are late to a match, the following rules will be applied based on the amount of time:
    • If you are 5 minutes late: Results in a match loss
    • If you are 10 minutes late: Results in a set loss
    • These times will be strictly enforced to make sure that each player will enjoy the full event on a timely manner.
  • Master Hand glitch is banned.
  • Metaknight is banned.
Additional Rules for Teams Play
  • Team Attack: ON
  • Life Stealing is allowed
  • If the game is paused accidentally while attempting to steal a life, the opposing team may deem that life forfeit. Wait until the announcer has finished saying defeated before pressing start, or turn pause off prior to beginning the match.
How to Play a Set
  1. Players select their characters. Either player may elect to Double Blind
  2. Use Stage Striking to determine the first stage
  3. The players play the first match of the set
    Prior to starting this match, either player may elect to Contest Port Priority or Neutral Start. Note: Only one of these two may be used, as both have a built in Port Selection mechanism using RPS. If there is a situation where a player would like to change which option they elected after playing the game of RPS, it is the opponent’s choice to allow it. The results from the previously played game of RPS will carry over.
  4. Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage/stages (if applicable).
    For Best of 3 sets, each player gets 1 stage ban.
    For Best of 5 sets, there are no stage bans.
  5. The losing player of the preceding match picks a stage for the next match.
  6. The winning player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
  7. The losing player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
  8. The losing player of the preceding match gets first pick of port. Either player may elect for a
  9. Neutral Start, but RPS will not be played to determine first pick.
  10. The next match is played.
  11. Repeat Steps 4 through 9 for all subsequent matches until the set is complete.
PM Rules (by Sethlon)

Project M Ruleset:

1. 4 Stocks
2. 8 Minute Time Limit
3. Items set to “Off” and “None”
4. Buffer set to OFF
5. Modified Dave’s Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick the stage he or she last won on unless agreed upon by both players.
6. In the event of a match going to time/sudden death, the winner will be determined by:
a. Whoever has more remaining stock left.​
b. If stocks of both players are the same, the winner will then be determined by whoever has less percent.​
c. If the match ends with both players dying at the same time or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, an identical rematch of the previous match will be played out. Same characters and same stage.​
d. In the event of going to sudden death because of suicide kill move (such as Ganon's overB or Dedede's inhale), the player initiating the move will be declared the winner.​
7. Sets will be best out of 3 games. Loser's Finals, Winner's Finals, and Grand Finals will be best out of 5.

Addendum for Doubles
1. Team Attack set to “On”
2. Life stealing is allowed. (Note that lifestealing in Project: M is done by pressing A+B, rather than Melee's start)
3. In the event of a game going to time, the winner will be determined by:
a. Whichever team has more remaining stock.​
b. If both teams have an equal amount of combined stocks, then whichever team has a lower combined percent is declared the winner.​

Character/Stage Selection Process
1. Blind Picks character selection.
2. Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Starter Stage List until only 1 remains, and the players then play the first match on that stage. Players strike stages in 1 2 2 1 order.
3. The first match is played.
4. Winning player of the preceding match bans two stages.
5. The losing player of preceding match picks stage for the next match.
6. The winning player of preceding match picks character.
7. The losing player picks character.
8. The next match is played.
9. Repeat 4-8 for all consecutive matches as necessary until the set is complete.
*Dave’s Stupid Rule is in effect

Singles Stagelist:
STARTERS:
Battlefield, Dreamland, Final Destination, Pokemon Stadium 2, Smashville, Yoshi's Story (Melee), Fountain of Dreams (Singles Only), Yoshi’s Island Brawl (Doubles Only)​

LEGAL STAGES:
All stages on the front page, minus SSE Jungle, Norfair, Pokemon Stadium 1, and Skyworld. Lylat is legal.

Schedule (Tentative):
PM Doubles - 11:00 AM
Melee Doubles - 12:00 PM
PM Singles - 3:00 PM
Melee Singles - 4:00 PM
(melee and pm singles may be switched depending on number of entrants.)
Unless the tourney runs until 10 PM, we will not be staying in the venue that long. Have a ride prepared for you so you're not stranded here.

Fees:
Low Tier City Circuit Fee: $3 - This is a mandatory fee for all participants so that future LTC events may be successful for in terms of pot bonuses and what not. Just think of this as a venue fee. (This can not be waived)
Melee/PM Singles - $5
Melee/PM Doubles- $5 per person, $10 per team
NO VENUE FEE! This means, bring set ups. Especially you PM guys. For the melee side of things, the owner of the venue has let me know he can help out with TVs and cubes but doesn't have many copies of melee, so bring a copy of melee if you can. If you do bring a copy, it's your responsibility to make sure it isn't lost/stolen.

Other Rules
1. The Tournament Organizer is the arbiter of all disputes.
2. BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.
3. DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match will result in a DQ. Player(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the first match. 5 more minutes results in a loss of the set. For doubles, both players on a team need to be present in order to play.
4. MikeHaze rule: No intentionally disrupting players, whether physically or vocally. This applies to EVERYONE, players and spectators. Simply talking to the players (and Hype moments) are exempt.
5. Gentleman's Clause: Any change to the rules is permitted if agreed upon by both players, except for the 8 minute time limit.
6. Dave's Stupid Rule: players cannot counterpick back to a stage that they have already won on in a set.
7. Textures are Cool Clause: We're usually pretty lenient with textures/custom music. You're welcome to bring your set up to the tournament with them, but please do not have any disruptive music, hard to see textures, or dramatically altered character models. If you have a problem with the set up you're playing on, notify the TO and we'll get it resolved ASAP.
Additional Notes:
Show up on time. If you suspect you'll be late, text me so I can sign you up for the bracket. My number is: 972-693-4339

D

Deleted member

Seems like a waste of time.
Oh well. Hype has been dispensed below.

D

Deleted member

I'm heading out to michigan and never coming back.
I loved all of you. Goodbye my life.

D

Deleted member

I'm a fraud anyways, I shouldn't be in DFW.
Maybe I can go to bighouse 3... who knows.

actionherokthx

Smash Rookie
I will most definitely try to make this. Looking for some sparring partners, so if anyone is interested you can message me here or on facebook

D

Deleted member

I'm heading out to michigan and never coming back.
I loved all of you. Goodbye my life.

See ya Zach.

May you kill ponies and bronies and eat all the Wendys you can eat in Michigan.

R.I.P ZachAttax64

1999-2013

WaterlessFishie

Smash Journeyman
Sorry about the short notice everyone, I was trying go finalize details with the venue.
Ali I like the graphic but if you made one that wasn't a vs. kinda deal I'd like that more lol (although if you don't make another I'll probably still use that one).

Drew.... :[ god damn it. Stupid fantasy football.

D

Deleted member

It's gonna be good seeing you all again for the 4th time <3, I just need to get some money.

Also, Ali, if there's doubles, do you wanna partner up? (if i can pay for it)

I can also bring a copy of Melee.

D

Deleted member

This will be good. Since you guys are running two major events, we're gonna be running a tight ship right?

D

Deleted member

You guys could barely fit your MELEE people in one area and requested an extra hour to finish with ONLY melee
How do you expect to fit P:M in there?

Byte_

Smash Cadet
;_; zach nooooooooo!

Count me in. I practiced a **** ton, so i expect to do a little better this time.

D

Deleted member

Really hope to see you guys there! This tournament will be literally before School starts for me, and it would be great to end the summer on a good note.

D

Deleted member

Damn, 2-Bit, Byte_ and Ali are going to this? I'll try even harder to go to this now c:

man I'll be butthurt if I can't go lol

Byte_

Smash Cadet
We've been to the last one, was the first competitive tourney ever for us. We had a blast.

D

Deleted member

Oh, Is the Climbers glitch banned in singles for P:M?

Updates: Oracle will be T.O.ing the BR part of the event since the legendary Sethlon can't come, and he says that Project: M signups start at 5:00 am sharp. I'm guessing he meant pm for P:M, but nonetheless my body should be ready.

So I'll be there for P:M and maybe a bit of melee.

D

Deleted member

My mom very likely won't get the job in Michigan so I'll be in DFW if she can't find anything else. There is a VERY large probability I will be here.
:colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful:

Top Bottom