• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DIME+BR - Melee+PM! - August 24th, 2013 - Plano, TX

D

Deleted member

Tell me about it. Waterless is bad with time (and maybe space, too).
Says. Aliami Armador.
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

WaterlessFishie

Smash Journeyman
The venue came to me with this date and said if you use this one there will be no venue fee cause they're sponsoring it or something.
Ali your tears fuel my existence. Please cry about it harder.

D

Deleted member

Sorry guys, I'm not going tomorrow lol, gotta go do things before School starts.

maybe I'll see you guys soon, idk, but DIME 4 is a no :(

D

Deleted member

The internet at the venue is ass and I wouldn't even be able to run a professional looking stream because it's too late to setup. Nor do I even have a laptop.
(The LTC was ass because of the internet and oracles layout kind of ****ed me over)

D

Deleted member

Oh, ok.

Good luck to you and Ali on Saturday, really sorry I can't go :(

D

Deleted member

:(

I'll just wait for LTC2 then.
The internet at the venue is *** and I wouldn't even be able to run a professional looking stream because it's too late to setup. Nor do I even have a laptop.
(The LTC was *** because of the internet and oracles layout kind of ****ed me over)
All the same Scotch.
Hopefully it's at a different venue.

D

Deleted member

On a final note, I'd like to thank Waterless for hosting a 4th DIME, and going through all this **** in this thread. gg.

Anyways, I hope all you have a great time, and I'll see ya at DIME 5/LTC 2 or whatever tournament is near here lol

StoryTime

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to get a match up myself getting absolutely slaughtered recorded and uploaded to youtube for reference...

D

Deleted member

I'd like to get a match up myself getting absolutely slaughtered recorded and uploaded to youtube for reference...
I need more matches on the 'tube so I'll gladly play you on a recording set.
I might have already asked this, but do you play P:M, Melee, or both?

StoryTime

Smash Apprentice
I need more matches on the 'tube so I'll gladly play you on a recording set.
I might have already asked this, but do you play P:M, Melee, or both?
I'm currently only playing Melee but I do have PM and I was messing around on it so I don't see a problem with PM. I play Falcon so really the tech skill should carry between the games for the most part. I do like the stages in PM more since there are more of them haha.. But yeah, down for either but Melee is gonna be my main game.

seaofdarkness

Smash Rookie
Will the end of the brackets be shoved to the end of the night, or will they just happen naturally as the events come to a close?

D

Deleted member

Brackets will probably happen sooner now that we most likely won't do pools. (At least I'm hoping we don't, post evo hype is over and I don't think the austin people are coming out). Still doing singles after doubles though so we will have them around 4 ish.

seaofdarkness

Smash Rookie
A friend and I will be trying to make it out for PM doubles, and then heading out relatively soon afterwards. So we should be fine if the doubles brackets end before the singles begin (and really, as you said, this won't have LTC level attendance. Doubles really shouldn't take all that long.)

StoryTime

Smash Apprentice
So if I come in around 2:30ish will the bracket have finished its first round to open up some setups for friendlies?

D

Deleted member

I'm currently only playing Melee but I do have PM and I was messing around on it so I don't see a problem with PM. I play Falcon so really the tech skill should carry between the games for the most part. I do like the stages in PM more since there are more of them haha.. But yeah, down for either but Melee is gonna be my main game.
[kidding] Oh great, ANOTHER DFW Falcon. :ike: [/kidding]
I'll play you in both games. I think I'm better in P:M though.
If you need someone to do some Falcon dittos with, talk to Scotch. He's not coming to this tournament but he's getting good at Falcon fast and you guys can learn from each other.

So if I come in around 2:30ish will the bracket have finished its first round to open up some setups for friendlies?
Probably. I'll be there around 4pm and I'm bring a set. I think we should have a surplus of Melee sets if things go well.

StoryTime

Smash Apprentice
[kidding] Oh great, ANOTHER DFW Falcon. :ike: [/kidding]
I'll play you in both games. I think I'm better in P:M though.
If you need someone to do some Falcon dittos with, talk to Scotch. He's not coming to this tournament but he's getting good at Falcon fast and you guys can learn from each other.
Hopefully I can meet up with Scotch at another tourney I can attend and maybe actually sign up for the bracket lol. Besides Falcon though, I messed around with Ike and Lucario some on PM and I was big on Ike when I played Brawl casually but I still have no idea how I'm really supposed to play Ike or Lucario haha. Then again, I only have a general idea of how I should play my Falcon but that comes with experience I suppose.

D

Deleted member

Hopefully I can meet up with Scotch at another tourney I can attend and maybe actually sign up for the bracket lol. Besides Falcon though, I messed around with Ike and Lucario some on PM and I was big on Ike when I played Brawl casually but I still have no idea how I'm really supposed to play Ike or Lucario haha. Then again, I only have a general idea of how I should play my Falcon but that comes with experience I suppose.
Are you not going to join the Melee singles bracket?
I am for the hell of it. It would give you a lot of practice.

Also, watch this, it will help you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbgR29W_X_o

StoryTime

Smash Apprentice
I mean I'd joint the bracket if I had time but I'm leaving at around 5:15 and I'm assuming the bracket will take longer than an hour or so. Well I don't think I'd make it far enough to actually take that long so yeah I might sign up and bring a 5 with me.

D

Deleted member

Denthorn, Penguin, and Oliver are our mains falcon players. I'd recommend talking to Denthorn since hes the most knowledgeable out of that group. Scotch is still working his way up there.

D

Deleted member

I mean I'd joint the bracket if I had time but I'm leaving at around 5:15 and I'm assuming the bracket will take longer than an hour or so. Well I don't think I'd make it far enough to actually take that long so yeah I might sign up and bring a 5 with me.
Bring 3 bucks for the venue fee, 5 for the singles fee, and some extra money for snacks at Wendy's / Money Matches. $10 at the least.

Also. HAVE FAITH MAN!!
The wrong mindset can really **** you over. IF you think you're going to do poorly, you will do poorly. Believe in the heart of the cards!

Denthorn, Penguin, and Oliver are our mains falcon players. I'd recommend talking to Denthorn since hes the most knowledgeable out of that group. Scotch is still working his way up there.
They can learn for each other. I've learned more about Ness by teaching him and him teaching me, lol.

D

Deleted member

Talk to Cpt. Kush, Denthorn, Penguin, etc, because I mainly know everything about Falcon due to them.

I'm probably the same level as you when it comes to Falcon, so learning from me would be bad. :(. Not saying I'm horrible though, but hell, I'm not ****ing Hax.

D

Deleted member

Talk to Cpt. Kush, Denthorn, Penguin, etc, because I mainly know everything about Falcon due to them.

I'm probably the same level as you when it comes to Falcon, so learning from me would be bad. :(. Not saying I'm horrible though, but hell, I'm not ****ing Hax.
HAVE FAITH MAN!!
Scotch, you're better than you say you are. You may not be Hax, but you're still really good. Think what you wish, but I just think you two working together would be a great idea since you can both learn how each other plays and evolve your playstyles.

While on the subject of Captain Falcon...

D

Deleted member

Wait I thought there was no venue fee and I'm gonna grab some food before I head over to the venue :3
There technically isn't, but there is some dumb LTC fee Waterless wants us to pay. I guess you could consider it a venue fee.

"Low Tier City Circuit Fee: $3 - This is a mandatory fee for all participants so that future LTC events may be successful for in terms of pot bonuses and what not. Just think of this as a venue fee. (This can not be waived)
Melee/PM Singles - $5
Melee/PM Doubles- $5 per person, $10 per team"

StoryTime

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I should probably learn to read..
Edit: does my dad have to pay the $3 if he's just there to watch me and make sure I don't get kidnapped (that's literally what he'll be doing)

D

Deleted member

Yeah I should probably learn to read..
Edit: does my dad have to pay the $3 if he's just there to watch me and make sure I don't get kidnapped (that's literally what he'll be doing)
Uhh, no. Only participants have to.

Penguin_ftw

Smash Apprentice
Oliver is gone, I'm done with Falcon, and Denthorn has been playing more Falco recently.

DFW Falcons are dead yo

Top Bottom