• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DIME+BR - Melee+PM! - August 24th, 2013 - Plano, TX

D

Deleted member

please use MORE logical fallacies. Nice try with the Red Herring but this has absolutely NOTHING to do with publishing games on steam
More or less. Graphic design plays a huge part in videogames.
Publishing wise, advertising graphics are needed.

2-bit

Smash Apprentice
More or less. Graphic design plays a huge part in videogames.
Publishing wise, advertising graphics are needed.
you would not have talked about how you focus on programming unless you were saying you made the games, also you cant say you published a game if all you did was make a graphic

D

Deleted member

you would not have talked about how you focus on programming unless you were saying you made the games, also you cant say you published a game if all you did was make a graphic
...I can say I published the game. I coded the movement engine and refined the sound engine. I didn't really do any graphics for the game in particular. I've done some graphics for other games in the past though and for little design demos. I draw out a lot of stuff for other people to work off and for other people to work with me on. Currently I'm hard at work introducing two new mechanics that will be coming to the game the next update.

Two new characters that are coming into the game (Part of one of the new mechanics mentioned above) I designed by drawing Rule 63/34 of the main characters. After sending in the little april fools joke, Ian loved the idea and decided to start working on revamping the game.

2-bit

Smash Apprentice
...I can say I published the game. I coded the movement engine and refined the sound engine. I didn't really do any graphics for the game in particular. I've done some graphics for other games in the past though and for little design demos. I draw out a lot of stuff for other people to work off and for other people to work with me on. Currently I'm hard at work introducing two new mechanics that will be coming to the game the next update.

then you admit to not doing the graphics? then its a moot point and you are trying to cover up a logical fallacy. You lose. I'm done talking to you.

D

Deleted member

And this relates to the event this Saturday... how? Try and stay on topic people.

D

Deleted member

then you admit to not doing the graphics? then its a moot point and you are trying to cover up a logical fallacy. You lose. I'm done talking to you.
I did dev graphics for RB. simple as that.
I do graphics for other works as well. Read the post, you moronic monsoon.

D

Deleted member

Well, there's a Smash tournament this Saturday

Smash Brothers is a game

They're discussing a game

Guess you can consider that on topic lol

StoryTime

Smash Apprentice
Yea, i played mango's marth when i was in socal but all he had to tell me was "you feel like you dont really know what you want to do with your character
Well I guess that would be decent advice in the right direction... I'd like to meet Mango. I love his drunk commentary from KoC2.

D

Deleted member

This thread should be deleted and recreated IMO because of Ali

2-bit

Smash Apprentice
Well I guess that would be decent advice in the right direction... I'd like to meet Mango. I love his drunk commentary from KoC2.
hes pretty cool, its too bad he wasnt drinking at the level up tourney hosted by team oxy from a few weeks ago(thats the one i went to)

D

Deleted member

No one asked you to do anything.

Everyone should stop talking :)
If everyone just gave a piece of their time for the greater good, the world would be a better place.
Too bad it's full of scumbags like you.

I did those logos since Waterless said he needed something to spice up the thread. It was just something I wanted to do to help the OP look a little nicer.

This thread should be deleted and recreated IMO because of Ali
You should be deleted and recreated. :dedede:

Penguin_ftw

Smash Apprentice
The state of your graphic design is the greater good?

I'm pretty sure gabe didn't ask for any contributions.

D

Deleted member

The state of your graphic design is the greater good?
That's not what I meant at all!

I'm pretty sure gabe didn't ask for any contributions.
"I did those logos since Waterless said he needed something to spice up the thread. It was just something I wanted to do to help the OP look a little nicer."
He didn't ask for them, but I did them because I felt like being a little nice. How many ****ing times do I have to say that?

Frame Perfect

Smash Journeyman
good sh*t penguin/fishy. im going to make an account named No one, just so I can like all of aliami’s posts.

Idk if I can make it this time, I’ll try

D

Deleted member

Hey, I might not make it to this, since I only have 3 dollars right now xD

idk, I'll try to make money by Saturday haha

D

Deleted member

good sh*t penguin/fishy. im going to make an account named No one, just so I can like all of aliami’s posts.

Idk if I can make it this time, I’ll try
***** please! More points for me and less time for you.
I love it when people try to be clever.

Hey, I might not make it to this, since I only have 3 dollars right now xD

idk, I'll try to make money by Saturday haha
Well, that's enough to pay the venue fee and I'll be there later to pay one of your fees, hopefully.

Frame Perfect

Smash Journeyman
hmm thinking about graphic design? based off your work I’ve seen, I think you should explore other opportunities… have you considered Mcdonald’s? jk jk their standards have risen…

D

Deleted member

hmm thinking about graphic design? based off your work I’ve seen, I think you should explore other opportunities… have you considered Mcdonald’s? jk jk their standards have risen…
I told you, I do it on the side. I'm a programmer at heart. Also, the food industry is crap.
How many graphic designs have you made? Can I see them, please?

Also. Money match? :3

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
y'know i wanted to get more involved with the texas melee scene since it seems a lot of the issues that have arisen as of late are pretty fixable, but
holy jesus fish **** salami chill the fuck out, you're not even good.

i know what it's like to be an unpopular high school sperglord but that doesn't mean it's okay or acceptable.
Continuing to be a diapermad poo-babby won't earn you any points; it'll only make people dislike you more since that's what is so repellant about your personality in the first place.

sometimes you have to take the "i'm being an idiot" **** in the mouth and this is definitely one of those times.

SleepyK

also idgaf if you're actually the most popular sperg in sperg high and i won't believe you anyway because of how much of a dumpus you're being.

grow up, zach attack is younger than you and he's less of a weiner than you.

having said that, zach you're pretty cool

SleepyK

yeah i definitely don't need to be putting that kind of meat in my mouth

D

Deleted member

Oracle, do me a favor and take 1st in the P:M bracket only using G&W.

I love seeing your G&W, I remember my first time playing against it too lol

D

Deleted member

If oracle plays GnW then I'll just pivot fsmash him and get first :)

D

Deleted member

Gabe I'm guessing you never had any luck with that comic book next store... did you :(

D

Deleted member

Mhm... so you didn't do any graphics work for RB?
Now you're saying you did? Funny, you calling him a moron and all.
I didn't do any of the FINAL graphics used in the game for Rush Bros. I only made placeholders.
I did some of the final graphics for other games though.

Top Bottom