• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DIME+BR - Melee+PM! - August 24th, 2013 - Plano, TX

D

Deleted member

Ali is gonna wake up in the morning and change his icon and act like nothing ever happened.
I feel like hes taking this a bit too hard, all we did was reject his schedule and then he had to make a big fuss out of things.

D

Deleted member

Yeah Ali, you can't act this bro. You're just going to lose more respect among us.

Cheer up and don't act butthurt. :)

D

Deleted member

Less Bull**** Mega Mini Post:

Proposed Schedules

I was wondering if we could change those for a few reasons. People like me, Torin, and Zach are bringing a Wii that can play both Melee and Project:M, and we don't need to swap our sets out every few hours. The tournament would run faster if we did all the Melee brackets first and then the P:M brackets afterwards. At the last few DIMEs, lots of people have come. At the last few BRs, only a couple people showed up. It we do melee first, we can let those who wish to not play P:M leave early. Melee usually takes awhile, so we might want to cut out more time for that. Remember, only a few people who are coming to this since another tournament is going on the same day down in amarillo.

Here's my proposed schedule:
Melee Doubles - 11:00 AM - Let's try to set up asap.
Melee Singles - 2:00 PM
PM Doubles - 5:00 PM - The Bracket will start at 5, and people can sign up for this before 5pm sharp. Oracle said in the FB group that P:M should start at 5.
PM Singles - 8:00 PM

Roughly 3 hours per bracket. If times goes over, just cut off losers bracket. The doubles brackets should go fast. We may want to flip the doubles brackets with the singles and do them last. What do you all think?

Here's my other proposed schedule:
Melee Doubles - 11:00 AM - Let's try to set up asap.
Melee Singles - 1:00 PM
PM Doubles - 5:00 PM - The Bracket will start at 5, and people can sign up for this before 5pm sharp. Oracle said in the FB group that P:M should start at 5.
PM Singles - 7:00 PM

Or, if it would be easier for you and Oracle, we could just host both tournament parts at the same time.

P:M
Singles: 11 AM
Doubles: 5 PM

MELEE
Singles: 11 AM
Doubles: 5 PM

(Doubles brackets will be shorter than singles, so they should be done last. Since it's done last, we can know if we need to stay until 10 or not.)

Logo Designs

Old Logos:

Waterless, use this to spice up the thread:

and

New Thread Header / Logo.

Header:

Link: http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/4165/3ucl.png

Logo:

Link: http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/8607/m8t4.png

Which one do you guys like better? This one, or the MvC one I posted earlier?

All other posted content has been deleted. Enjoy it or not. Bye or whatever.

Byte_

Smash Cadet
I like how I said this was the furthest thing from a flame war, then it turned into a flame war.

D

Deleted member

Well, since Ali isn't going anymore, does anyone wanna team with me? (P:M or Melee, or both, Idc)

StoryTime

Smash Apprentice
Like i said on the facebook group, i'll drop by for a few hours and meet you guys and play some friendlies~ can't wait :D

D

Deleted member

Daaaaamn, Ali deleted pretty much all his old posts. I hope he treats this as a lesson as in he learns from it and doesn't do this again :facepalm:

D

Deleted member

Ali, if you feel better, since you cannot come for doubles, just make it for singles then. :)

Torin

Smash Rookie
I'll talk to my parents about it and see if I can make P:M Singles. But, like I said, I won't be there until 4:00. Singles are at 3:00, so I'm not sure if I should risk it. I might go for friendlies anyway though, but making Singles would be an added bonus.

D

Deleted member

I'll talk to my parents about it and see if I can make P:M Singles. But, like I said, I won't be there until 4:00. Singles are at 3:00, so I'm not sure if I should risk it. I might go for friendlies anyway though, but making Singles would be an added bonus.
Oh, you can hitch a ride with me to the venue after the MB. Your mom will need to pick you up at the venue around 10ish though.

Torin

Smash Rookie
Well never mind. Apparently my mom signed me up for a service project that I had no idea about. And I was hyped about going >.>

WaterlessFishie

Smash Journeyman
Damn dude. You're so buttmad and I don't even know why. Because I didn't use your logo? I did. The marvel one is nice and big on the OP. I didn't use the other ones? Boo hoo. Get over it man. There's no reason to get upset. Because I didn't change the schedule to accommodate you and your Boy Scout friends? Have a nice cry about it. I'm not going to cater the schedule to any one person/carpool. That includes you and your friends.

So.. What exactly is your problem.

D

Deleted member

Basically, Ali, you gotta quit being butthurt about this. I mean, I like you lot as a friend, but I have no idea what the hell your problem is (I can understand you being upset about not making the tournament, but this is going way outta hand.)

D

Deleted member

I think Ali shouldn't attend this week. His behavior is worse than that of a 10 year old.

D

Deleted member

Damn dude. You're so buttmad and I don't even know why. Because I didn't use your logo? I did. The marvel one is nice and big on the OP. I didn't use the other ones? Boo hoo. Get over it man. There's no reason to get upset. Because I didn't change the schedule to accommodate you and your Boy Scout friends? Have a nice cry about it. I'm not going to cater the schedule to any one person/carpool. That includes you and your friends.

So.. What exactly is your problem.
The problem is you didn't even bother to say a word about the logos I created or even start to consider the time changes. I couldn't care ****ing less if you used the logo or not, I just want some feedback on it. I would stop shouting at you about the schedule if you would say "Hey, maybe I'll consider it. We might be able to move things around. Anyone like this idea? Let's take a vote.".
Also. If you can't realize what people are put off about, and how to fix what they are put off about, you're going to have a hellish time in life.

I think Ali shouldn't attend this week. His behavior is worse than that of a 10 year old.
...Coming from the person who throws his controller on the ground and screams bloody murder.

He couldn't anyways, I think that Torin dude was his only ride to Ult. DIME/BR, so lol
I was giving Torin a ride. I still can come If I want to.

toiletduck

Smash Rookie
Might come get wrecked for a bit...Haven't played in a looonngg time. Want to play some before school starts.

D

Deleted member

Just don't cause anything at the venue. It's one thing for you to come on a thread and get butthurt, people do that. It's another thing to start **** irl.
I hope that goes without saying to penguin as well. Now lets play video games :)

D

Deleted member

Just don't cause anything at the venue. It's one thing for you to come on a thread and get butthurt, people do that. It's another thing to start **** irl.
I hope that goes without saying to penguin as well. Now lets play video games :)
Yeah.

We wouldn't want someone to get decked in the venue and then we can't even go to tournaments there anymore.

D

Deleted member

In real life?

WaterlessFishie

Smash Journeyman
The problem is you didn't even bother to say a word about the logos I created or even start to consider the time changes. I couldn't care ****ing less if you used the logo or not, I just want some feedback on it. I would stop shouting at you about the schedule if you would say "Hey, maybe I'll consider it. We might be able to move things around. Anyone like this idea? Let's take a vote.".
Also. If you can't realize what people are put off about, and how to fix what they are put off about, you're going to have a hellish time in life.
I used your logo in the op. you want a medal too? Should I coddle you? Wow Ali! Your logo is so cool!! And I rejected your schedules about five times. Considered each, and decided they were bad. It is not a vote. In no way am I obligated to take a vote. And about pleasing people... You seem to be the only one upset, and I really really don't care at this point. I've made it abundantly clear I won't cater to you. Cry a little harder about it.

TheNotSoShyGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheNotSoShyGuy
This tourney may be possible for me to go, of course it is an hour away from where I live, but hopefully it'll be a lot of fun if I do go. Hope to play Project M with you guys.

D

Deleted member

I used your logo in the op. you want a medal too? Should I coddle you? Wow Ali! Your logo is so cool!! And I rejected your schedules about five times. Considered each, and decided they were bad. It is not a vote. In no way am I obligated to take a vote. And about pleasing people... You seem to be the only one upset, and I really really don't care at this point. I've made it abundantly clear I won't cater to you. Cry a little harder about it.
Uhh... You still don't seem to get it. I'm not asking for a medal, I'm just asking for a small bit of feedback on it. Like, do you like how it was designed, what do you think I should do differently to improve it's composition, and all that. You never commented on my schedules with any direct word back to me. You never gave suggestions on how they could be reworked or improved. You just set a brick wall up in front of me, Mr. nonsocial. "Have fun in your little box, Steven."

Also, if I look like the only one upset, I'm sorry. Me, Torin, TR8NR, and Jake were going to attend this, but at the most only one of us is coming due to the horribly drafted schedule.

D

Deleted member

Ali you don't seem to get it. We're smash players. We like people supporting our group but we talk on this thread for the event, not for people to critique your 10 minute photshop creations. Go to DeviantArt.

Top Bottom