• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diego Nooooooo 5: Tournament Edition - September 7th, 2013 - Glen Ellyn, IL

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
I'm confirmed for hosting Brawl tomorrow. If you're interested, please join!

bearsfan092

Smash Journeyman
The thing on top of the thread says something is planned for March 16th. Is that actually happening? I'll be back in town on that date and I'd like to play with you guys. Got robbed by the venue over winter break the last time I was in town.

Scythe

Smash Master
That date is tentative, it's likely that will be a smashfest

Oracle

Smash Master
It would be cool if you guys could host a tournament the 16th because I miiiiight be able to make it out. I'll be in the windy city visiting family and it would be awesome to play with you guys since I don't think i can make smym 14

Scythe

Smash Master
i'll talk with kirk about it, our only issue is that after the 16th there is smym and then juggleguy's MI tourney the week after. So many tournaments in a row : /

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Smashfest in 2 weeks? Im game.

Also, I have spring break all next week, is anyone interested in getting some games in?

ORLY

Smash Master
i'm down for a smashfest next week / the weekend before SMYM

i need times and places aaaaaand hopefully jeff will think it's fun too ;D

B.W.

Smash Champion
Could we not just meet up at CoD weekly? People could bring setups as usual and if they're smashfests then people can come and go as they need to. Then we could have a tournament at the end of every month as well.

We could even make a thread to discuss what day of the week would be best so we always get a decent turnout.

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
Is there a good way to get to these from Chicago without a car? I want to try coming to one of these sometime

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Check public trans. Theres a train station that takes you to "down town" glen ellyn, which is ~2 miles from the actual campus. The school has (or at least used to have) a bus system of some sort. I dont pubtran much so idk much more

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
I looked it up a while ago trying to go to the last event. At first when I looked it up a few days before (Wednesday), with the available transportation, google maps told me it'd only take an hour or so to get there. When I checked day of (Saturday, 9amish) it completely changed to 7 hours. I guess I should try figure out when the metra trains or the pace buses run.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
weird. Usually someone volunteers to pick up smashers from the train station so just let people know if you go that route

Oro?!

Smash Hero
If you get to ogilvie transportation center take the union pacific west line to glen ellyn which is a 35~ train ride. Myself or someone else always pick people up if asked.

B.W.

Smash Champion
Same for me. I'm way more down for a Smashfest than I am a tournament, that's for sure.

Scythe

Smash Master
people, please please bring setups!

and props to the people who bring setups everytime, you guys are awesome.

Top Bottom