• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong's Barrels of Matchups~ [MAIN INDEX]

PaNiC!

Smash Apprentice
diddy def has more options available to him. I think its around 80-20 diddy or worse. But not as bad as Ganondorf, wolfs worst matchup.

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman

DFEAR

Smash Hero
we should call every matchup...not diddy vs character but felix vs character. it will make results. promise!

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
i know all da matchups duhh. while your at it rename all the diddy AT's to "Felix's _____" or the "________ super Felix AT"

:D

NiTEZ

Smash Apprentice
Felix is so good, when I pick Diddy in character selection, it says Felix. So I have to unpick it and pick multiple times again.

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
All I can say is make sure you don't get chain grabbed by Yoshi. If you notice Yoshi using the ledge drop tactic to toss the egg, either Diddy Hump Yoshi or go for a quick Dair to punish Yoshi.

Also, can some someone give a little insight on the Donkey Kong matchup? I'm having some trouble beating a good DK player.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
So, i got screwed up by a Yoshi in my pools at WGF cause i did not know a thing about that MU. any quick tips on it?
diddy destroys yoshi.

experience: i play poltergust. nuff said.

tips:

if he shields once. wait. react accordingly

yoshi cant do much with a banana unless its a jump item toss any other throw is meaningless to yoshi in the matchup

ur shield is too good against eggs. abuse it.

raise ur shield a lot in this matchup.

have lead? ull never lose. play smart/safe

if u read how yoshi recovers. make quote if he airdodges on stage, bairs, reverse dj bair, etc
-----------------
dk...
only dks i ever played were serg, will, esam.

just make fact that dk's trip animation is short like 30 frames or something but still good enough to punish right.

he can super armor banana throws. make good judgement calls in this matchup is all i can say. get a lead and it should be cake. dont be predictable or u creamed

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
just make fact that dk's trip animation is short like 30 frames or something but still good enough to punish right.
Ingulit said:
For most characters:

When slipping on a Banana: 29 Frames

When hit by a Banana:
44 Frames

NOTE: This means that the character can Roll, get up, or get up attack on frame 30 or 45, respectively

Exceptions:

:dk2: 28 / 43
DK's trip animation is shorter, but not by that much.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
ah i couldnt find the frame data for trips :\ so i just guessed. can u link me plz xD

VonDarkmoon

Smash Apprentice
diddy destroys yoshi.

experience: i play poltergust. nuff said.

tips:

if he shields once. wait. react accordingly

yoshi cant do much with a banana unless its a jump item toss any other throw is meaningless to yoshi in the matchup

ur shield is too good against eggs. abuse it.

raise ur shield a lot in this matchup.

have lead? ull never lose. play smart/safe

if u read how yoshi recovers. make quote if he airdodges on stage, bairs, reverse dj bair, etc
-----------------
dk...
only dks i ever played were serg, will, esam.

he can super armor banana throws. make good judgement calls in this matchup is all i can say. get a lead and it should be cake. dont be predictable or u creamed
Thank you for the advice, that MU i've literally never done before so as imagined it was kinda like "uh...what? o.O"

Also, for the DK MU: DK does have Glide toss into Normal B punch, that **** hurts a lot. DK can take forever to kill because of his Up-B momentum cancel (just like G&W bucket cancel) however this time you can predict his landing or just edge grab. he can kill us at like 70% with either his punch or a finger tipped Fsmash, so you have to play super careful.

Robin1613

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Robin1613
Fox vs Diddy?
Possibly 50-50, then again I know nothing about the fox match-up.

Lazer camping can rack up more damage then you think. While a smartly used reflector can hurt diddy's banana game as well. :( Let's not forget how early his U-smash can kill....

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Keep a Banana in front of you and:

1) F-Air when gets anywhere near it
2) Watch him cry once he finally gets you to 100% and he can't get around the Banana
3) ????
4) Profit

(Yes, I am drastically oversimplifying things, but it really is very hard for Fox to deal with Bananas in general)

VonDarkmoon

Smash Apprentice
Most foxes i've played (Trevonte) usually will just take a banana and run, for that his opinion on the MU. ideas on how to deal with this should it happen/how threatening is this?

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Most foxes i've played (Trevonte) usually will just take a banana and run, for that his opinion on the MU. ideas on how to deal with this should it happen/how threatening is this?
Fox has VERY poor methods for picking up Bananas. His Dash Attack is easily punishable, and as long as you can bait/avoid his Reflector, you shouldn't be having trouble with him getting control of your Bananas. Your F-Air can punish anything he does in the air if he decides to try to Jump over the Bananas/pick them up upon landing.

While I'm not exactly a great Diddy myself in the following regard, I think you just need to practice your Banana control overall. It'll come with time/practice, I promise.

VonDarkmoon

Smash Apprentice
Fox has VERY poor methods for picking up Bananas. His Dash Attack is easily punishable, and as long as you can bait/avoid his Reflector, you shouldn't be having trouble with him getting control of your Bananas. Your F-Air can punish anything he does in the air if he decides to try to Jump over the Bananas/pick them up upon landing.

While I'm not exactly a great Diddy myself in the following regard, I think you just need to practice your Banana control overall. It'll come with time/practice, I promise.
alright, should i play trevonte ever again i'll try that.

and i'll agree, i think i just need some time to reform my playstyle and mentality overall.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
the whole stay behind banana is not the only thing in this mu guys lol

fox has a gun

that fires fast.

he out camps diddy.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
the whole stay behind banana is not the only thing in this mu guys lol

fox has a gun

that fires fast.

he out camps diddy.
...and what happens when it's time to actually land a kill move? "Too bad I can't shoot that Banana in my way, but I bet if I do something really predictable I can get around it"

^That quote applies to the majority of the cast

Flayl

Smash Hero
Hey

I'm thinking about maybe picking up Peach as a secondary and I've got to ask: Do you guys really consider Peach a slight disadvantage or is that BBR politics at work?

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
In my opinion, the MU is even. The MU has to be played really campy though and can sometimes go to time

VonDarkmoon

Smash Apprentice
^ almost agreed there. the MU i would put as 55:45 peach, but thats maybe because i dont play peach too often and it's just a wierd MU in general.

P.I.E.

Smash Ace
Not to intrude on you wonderful barrel buds, but what do you think a ness would have to do to put diddy in an awkward position? ( I don't think the ness boards have gotten around to this MU, and I've got a tourney coming up against a tough diddy.)

Robin1613

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Robin1613
The mu is even imho.

i play peaches like llodownedu,illmatic and slayerz all the time.

shield her typical dair approach punish on landing.

or outcamp her with peanuts and play really gay.

ban stages like battlefield or any other small stage like yoshis island. peach ***** on stages with small running space.

Edit:

As a former ness main Ness gets wrecked pretty hard against diddy.
all i can really say is STAY in the air. learn how to incoporate ness' item throw double jump cancel into your game also, it can lead into some sick combos. (ness can cancel his second jump by throwing a item, in this case being diddies banana).
pk thunder messes with diddies recovery, so keep that in mind as well.

Top Bottom