• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong's Barrel of Matchups Character # 12 Snake

ADHD

Smash Hero
Btw, smashville, battlefield, and rainbow cruise are all you need to win against him. Just cp back to one of those stages if you lose the first match. Now on RC, snake completely obliterates you on the ship, just run away, take it at your pace. Then once the scenery changes start running away with a percent lead. Opportunities to rack up damage/kill him will come with the stage moving. JUST DO NOT get a bad start.

tibs7

Smash Champion
lol well that fsmash edge guard did work pretty well against him no? =)

tibs7

Smash Champion
LOL sif "no" twice, you're a funny man...then what was it? share it with others.

Player-1

Smash Legend
LOL sif "no" twice, you're a funny man...then what was it? share it with others.
why? 'sharing' it with others would be stupid because of Snake does it and they don't know it works and I go around telling everybody then they'd figure it out and just hurt the Diddy metagame...

SRTM

Smash Ace
Snake eh? Distance yourself alot with banana's.
DONT cartwheel, his grenades will get you.
The only way to get close is either with short hop aerials, or a glidetoss grab.
And take advantage of snake when he's off stage. Scare him off with the barrels, so he damages himself with mines.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Btw, smashville, battlefield, and rainbow cruise are all you need to win against him. Just cp back to one of those stages if you lose the first match. Now on RC, snake completely obliterates you on the ship, just run away, take it at your pace. Then once the scenery changes start running away with a percent lead. Opportunities to rack up damage/kill him will come with the stage moving. JUST DO NOT get a bad start.
I counterpick Diddy's to RC and Battlefield.

(Then again, I CP'd DSF to RC, and I took Tyrant to RC in a friendly. Suprisingly enough, I did better against both of them on RC then the neutral. (They were MK, I was Snake)

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
bananas make this very possible for diddy. snake simply cant us them very well. rubbish glide toss, crap sh/fh, next to no combos out of them, and his shield doesnt cover his body properly. dont approach like a spaz and this match is even.

why is fd so good for diddy here? its far too big; approaching with two bananas is almost impossible, and snake lives forever. i actually use it as a cp sometimes... sv is far too small, and two bananas covers more than half the stage, and diddy navigates bf better, and has a much easier time grabbing bananas off platforms and integrating them into combos.

QUOTE=tibs7;8358458]p1, you talking bout that fsmash yeah....
but yeah i get gimped from the grenade strip above my up-b alot, its too good.[/QUOTE]

wtf are you talking about? im the only snake in your city, and i have never killed you like that. ever. youre just looking for a john. this is the biggest load of crap ive ever heard. ill gimp you with bananas (no knockback, much better) when you recover like a ******, but any diddy who knows how to sdi upwards and us sideB should never get killed like this.

ADHD.... aren't all gimps... pretty situational usually?

It's already situational in the fact we have to get you off stage.

@Gheb
We can pivot grab you out of every single one of your attacks. All of them.
pivot grab is amazing against diddy. doesnt grab banana throws though.

SuSa

You mean YOU can't use Banana's that well.

Getting an even more **** dthrow, or a free 21% from an ftilt are all pretty nice.

EDIT:
Again, I don't count THROWS as an attack. Pivot grab doesn't beat your fthrow either. Stop being so **** nitpicky, people should know what I mean.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I dont wanna be a **** here but watching adhd vs. ally made me think that seeing the top 2 of each character pretty much represents the matchup and we all saw how that went :/

napZzz

Smash Hero
I guess its a bit premature to say that. But Adhd did win 2 sets over him and beat him pretty badly but I guess until next time they play it should be left at that :/ and I'm pretty sure ally has a bunch of diddy experience too.

I'm just trying to say its not like 6/4....its nowhere worse than 5/5 maybe slightly in snakes favor

Player-1

Smash Legend
I guess its a bit premature to say that. But Adhd did win 2 sets over him and beat him pretty badly but I guess until next time they play it should be left at that :/ and I'm pretty sure ally has a bunch of diddy experience too.

I'm just trying to say its not like 6/4....its nowhere worse than 5/5 maybe slightly in snakes favor
ADHD lost to Ally in another tournament not to long ago 3-2 first of GF with ADHD winning and 2-3 the next. He also lost to him again over the weekend.

Gnes

Smash Master

Sure...thats why he tried to platform camp a diddy. Continuously putting himself in a position where diddy kong is under him.

:ohwell:

I severely question Ally's diddy knowledge at the time of that set. Seriously, that was just ********. And this matchup is in no way even.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I've seen ally paly like, several other diddys like le thien and pastaboy before if I recall. And he tried changing up his game when he was losing because its stupid to keep going if you're getting ***** you kind of have to change and that was one of his options he tried.

The matchup is just one of those ones where it seems really one sided until you learn it, kind of like falco vs. snake.

They have a horrid amount of dumb things to do back and forth to each other that make it even maybe snakes favor in my eyes. The main issue is just that snake is so heavy and diddy is so weak, but his damage racking and juggling game on snake is so good

win_ftw

Smash Cadet
diddy just has kill deficiencies, like nappy says. otherwise this mu would be even. camping in this can become a little excessive.

60-40 snake?

but veryy winnable iif youre a clever little monkey.

Dominic

Smash Apprentice
i nominate susa for the worst smasher award. seriously dude, i could take everything you say. but write the exact oposite, and it would be a better post

SuSa

i nominate susa for the worst smasher award. seriously dude, i could take everything you say. but write the exact oposite, and it would be a better post
Troll harder. :)

To Diddy boards:
This guy likes to troll me at the Snake boards. Pretty sure he got his *** room banned from there. :)

So the moral of the story:
Ignore him, it'll do you better.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Troll harder. :)

To Diddy boards:
This guy likes to troll me at the Snake boards. Pretty sure he got his *** room banned from there. :)

So the moral of the story:
Ignore him, it'll do you better.

Er, he didnt troll you tbh. He just wanted to make you realize how bad it would be for the boards for you to ban aphro thunder over a spam thread, even if it was a temp ban, due to him being the only top snake to often post there. I can understand that >.> Trolling is unjustified, but if you had taken the time to even ask him why he acted like that instead of handing infractions left and right, then maybe you would have seen that.

SuSa

Er, he didnt troll you tbh. He just wanted to make you realize how bad it would be for the boards for you to ban aphro thunder over a spam thread, even if it was a temp ban, due to him being the only top snake to often post there. I can understand that >.> Trolling is unjustified, but if you had taken the time to even ask him why he acted like that instead of handing infractions left and right, then maybe you would have seen that.
You are an idiot, and didn't bother to read his small post history.

He's been trolling me loooong before that ban. :)

And infactions left and right? You know out of every single mod on SWF, I've probably handed out the least amount of infractions for the amount of time I've been modded?

Also Afro was never active on the boards and is only doing so because I've been on his *** about it, and how we need at least one of the Pro Snake's posting. We've also talked about it over AIM, he understood he deserved the temp. ban.

If you actually had more knowledge on such matters, rather then assuming, you would have seen that.

swordgard

Smash Hero
You are an idiot, and didn't bother to read his small post history.

He's been trolling me loooong before that ban. :)

And infactions left and right? You know out of every single mod on SWF, I've probably handed out the least amount of infractions for the amount of time I've been modded?

Also Afro was never active on the boards and is only doing so because I've been on his *** about it, and how we need at least one of the Pro Snake's posting. We've also talked about it over AIM, he understood he deserved the temp. ban.

If you actually had more knowledge on such matters, rather then assuming, you would have seen that.
Actually, in the first place you called that he trolled you, he was right about the subject and you were wrong. Also, you can call me an idiot, but that just reinforces the fact that you are sometimes acting irrational. Now I could call you a scrub and back it up with facts. But that would be ad hominem, wouldn't it? Now, since Dom's post history is so small, you can go ahead and quote him to prove me where did he troll you the first time, cause fact is, technically your the one who trolled him by saying stupidity(you were wrong indeed in that post : P ) . If you had more knowledge in that matchup, you would have seen that : P

Now, i still wonder if you did a comparison between the number of infractions you gave versus all the other mods. Now, I believe Dom nor Afro got the number of points they needed to get banned from the boards, since you temp banned them from the room. Now, i believe the correct procedure for spamming and trolling are giving out infractions and not temp-banning. That was your first mistake. Im pretty sure the only reason to hand out banning is if someone is compromising the integrity of the room with their excessive posting, which in either case should go under permanant ban. This is only used in extreme cases, which this was not, nowhere is it stated in the rules that you may get temp-banned for trolling/spamming, so as far as i'm concerned, your not doing your job right. Not only that, but I do not believe temp-banning afro will get him to come back and post useful things. You could have simply warned him that if he continues he will continue to get infractions until he is banned. Especially since your the one who kept harassing him to get on the boards.

EDIT: Did i mention how you should have in fact told me instead to take this to private chat and that if i had a problem with a moderators choice, i should go into the part of swf that is made explicitly for that. Now of course, you didn't know that, but that's part of your job too. : P Mike did it right, you did not.

Lazee

Smash Apprentice
^ no ****in way.
this matchup is very close to even.
diddys damage output and snakes ko power even themselves out,
so snake will be at killing percents at 150 and we will be at killing percents from utilt around 100 with bad di. this matchup isnt that bad,dont approach without a banana in hand,and punish oos.
i go even with dsf's snake and theres no way i can be significantly outplaying him as far as 65-35 and theres no way you outplayed ally that much. i say 50 50,55-45 on snake on his cp,55-45 diddy on our cp
ima say this matchups no more than 55-45 either way

ADHD

Smash Hero
^ no ****in way.
so snake will be at killing percents at 150 and we will be at killing percents from utilt around 100 with bad di. this matchup isnt that bad,dont approach without a banana in hand,and punish oos.
i go even with dsf's snake and theres no way i can be significantly outplaying him as far as 65-35 and theres no way you outplayed ally that much. i say 50 50,55-45 on snake on his cp,55-45 diddy on our cp
We die at 100 no matter how good our DI is, and snake only dies at 150 from horrible DI. The exact kill percent is 169+. This matchup is really bad, and we have nothing gauranteed against him.

Coyn3Masta

Smash Journeyman
Right now is looking like most people are saying 6-4, which is something i agree on.

TreK

Is "that guy"
I must be masochist, my two favorite matchups are vs Luigi and vs Snake.
*I suck at ratios and let you guys do the dirty work*

swordgard

Smash Hero
We die at 100 no matter how good our DI is, and snake only dies at 150 from horrible DI. The exact kill percent is 169+. This matchup is really bad, and we have nothing gauranteed against him.
If you die at 100% from an uptilt, your doing it wrong.

Gnes

Smash Master
65-35 snake.
Hmm...i agree with 60-40...maybe a little even this. Ill think about it.

^ no ****in way.
Ur wrong. DSF snake is not good....LOL. But seriously, judging from the low amount of diddy's yal have in SoCal im inclined to say he doesnt know the matchup. Also, snake has safe options to hit your shield with, while we have nothing guaranteed on him. Snake will not die at 150, thats a fact. And im not even adding grenades as factor in that. We will die at Uptilt no matter what at 115%(113% maybe), Wyatt u need to learn how to DI it ive already proven u wrong on this point.

Snake can camp us, we can only "stall" against him. If he makes a mistake, most he'll get is like 15% damage, we make one mistake, 45%, its ridiculous.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Lol at 65-35, I think its 55-45. It becomes 60-40 when you play Snakes who know the matchup in side and out like Chops, Anti, and Razer

Lazee

Smash Apprentice
then socal has horrible snakes or i play the matchup weird.
either way ive never seen a problem with snake...
stay out of tilt range
dont approach from the air.
approach only after a forced trip.
rack up damage
reset spacing
rinse and repeat.

iuno just never thought snakes were hard.learn how they recover with the cypher(usually high) and u get spikes as well.
i just dont see it past 55-45 but i guess, we have an 11 year old snake as our top representative for snake on our pr lol so **** it maybe we do have bad snakes lol >.<

win_ftw

Smash Cadet
6-4 tickles me about right.

and if you wanna stay out of tilt range, ask if you can play on smashville while the snake plays on fd.

:)

Top Bottom