• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong's Barrel of Matchups Character # 12 Snake

SuSa

Banned via Administration
then socal has horrible snakes or i play the matchup weird.
either way ive never seen a problem with snake...
stay out of tilt range
dont approach from the air.
approach only after a forced trip.
rack up damage
reset spacing
rinse and repeat.

iuno just never thought snakes were hard.learn how they recover with the cypher(usually high) and u get spikes as well.
i just dont see it past 55-45 but i guess, we have an 11 year old snake as our top representative for snake on our pr lol so **** it maybe we do have bad snakes lol >.<
It's not ANY worse then 60-40, I honestly feel 55-45.

Also being 12 (I don't think he's 11) means nothing about skill level. (Razer is what.. 14? And he's looked to be one of the top Snake's in the country....)

Who are you in SoCal? Never heard of you...

EDIT:
PS, Diddy dies at 119% with near perfect, if not perfect DI. (on FD, SV, BF, and any stage of similar height)
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7544403&postcount=25

ADHD

Smash Hero
I DI the tilt sideways every single time, I know I'm DI'ing it right. You guys are living on PS1 or something because seriously, you die at 100 no matter what if it's fresh.

It may not be 65-35 YET, but I see so much opportunities snakes have to shut down alot of stuff and they are missing it.

Dekar173

Justice Man
It may not be 65-35 YET, but I see so much opportunities snakes have to shut down alot of stuff and they are missing it.
It's NOT 65-35, nor will it ever be. Snake isn't mobile enough to be a counter to Diddy, he may live forever but honestly, it doesn't matter when it takes forever to hit your opponent.

The only problem I see against Snake is being edgeguarded, and even then if you're using your own options to recover properly, you're fine.

I'd like to ask, is it the dthrow techchasing you're afraid of? What exactly is it that makes Snake so difficult for you to handle?

SuSa

119%, fresh, FD/SV/BF

Also it depends on which "sideways" you are DI'ing. Away from Snake = horrible, towards Snake = great.

Ally doesn't know how to use bananas/keep control of them. I kept seeing him throw them over you (instead of glide toss forward, throw down) or simply throwing them off....

I agree with Dekar. (Except for, if you are recovering properly. You're still screwed)

Player-1

Smash Legend
I dont ever remembering dieing from a utilt below 110 on a stage that doesnt have low ceilings. Of course I probably do, but not consistant enough to remember. I usually die from a utilt 115+

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
then socal has horrible snakes or i play the matchup weird.
either way ive never seen a problem with snake...
stay out of tilt range
dont approach from the air.
approach only after a forced trip.
rack up damage
reset spacing
rinse and repeat.
You make it sound so easy. This is great in theory but means nothing in practice. Especially the line that says, "approach after a forced trip". There's NO such thing as a forced trip on Snake, only the lucky bananas that magically catch the player off guard. Like Gnes and ADHD have previously stated, we have nothing guaranteed on this character. It's stupid because this match up is so easy for Snake to play: he stands there. Seriously, that's it and it's a bunch of crap.

100% ==> That is one fresh UTilt...

60-40.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
I think its 60-40 snake but could also be 55-45 depending on how the diddy plays.

True you guys can get punished with a whopping 21% but if you punish us with trips, you can easily **** us....just depends on our reaction. Keeping us off the ground = key.

Also diddy side B is GAY! :].

@Susa: Turned 15 in may <__</

SuSa

I think its 60-40 snake but could also be 55-45 depending on how the diddy plays.

True you guys can get punished with a whopping 21% but if you punish us with trips, you can easily **** us....just depends on our reaction. Keeping us off the ground = key.

Awww... You have the same B-day month as me. <3

Fliphopper

Smash Lord

Who's this tool posting

ADHD

Smash Hero
Razer, ftilt and uptilt save you from getting side b grabbed ever. You can't running shield him because the smarter snake will dash grab you. This is why snake wins, because he can make so much mistakes and get away with it just due to the nature of the character, it doesn't matter how many times we punish him, when we make a slight second mistake we get ftilted with ease, then die at 100. Seriously, give me evidence of eeryone dying to a fresh up tilt above 100 because I don't believe any of you. It has to be fresh.. Not to mention how hard it is to get past his projectiles in the first place. This char is ****ing gay. You have to outplay the person 3 folds to win.

SuSa

Razer, ftilt and uptilt save you from getting side b grabbed ever. You can't running shield him because the smarter snake will dash grab you. This is why snake wins, because he can make so much mistakes and get away with it just due to the nature of the character, it doesn't matter how many times we punish him, when we make a slight second mistake we get ftilted with ease, then die at 100. Seriously, give me evidence of eeryone dying to a fresh up tilt above 100 because I don't believe any of you. It has to be fresh.. Not to mention how hard it is to get past his projectiles in the first place. This char is ****ing gay. You have to outplay the person 3 folds to win.
Have Snake face left. You are on his right. Hold left as Diddy Kong and have Snake up tilt.

You shouldn't die until 119%~

*sort of.. you know.. did the testing for when Snake's utilt would ko the cast.....so I wouldn't ever use it early and stale it*

tibs7

Smash Champion
totally agree with ADHD.
gnes that uptilt was dodgey, it didnt hit you properly it was sourspotted

Dekar173

Justice Man
Snake isn't a difficult character to overwhelm once you get in. If you initiate a juggle, he shouldn't be touching the ground or repositioning himself (neutralizing the scenario) until you've racked up at least 30%

If he's in the air and pulls out a nade in order to "counter" any aerials- hit him anyway. You're sacrificing 10-12% in order to give HIM an additional 20-25 (don't sourspot that fair!) when you've actually already initiated the juggle with a utilt, uair, uthrow etc. so in this scenario you're sacrificing ~11 for 35+ damage, and a position advantage.

Snake is not that difficult a match-up, especially when the snakes you guys play against don't even bother to learn how to handle bananas.

@ADHD- You're DIing it incorrectly, that's all there is to it. Or perhaps your color of choice is a lighter version of Diddy? ;)

Lazee

Smash Apprentice
Umm I'm from 818 who trained with dehf,mike,rich brown,hugo and fiction.
If ur going to johns happy tourny tomorrow let's play.
Also I don't see why throwing bananes from a distance isn't safe.
If ur throwing them when he has no nades cooking he can't punish.and bananas blow up nades as well.
Blah I give next good snake I play in tourny ill make sure I record it

Gnes

Smash Master
Snake isn't a difficult character to overwhelm once you get in. If you initiate a juggle, he shouldn't be touching the ground or repositioning himself (neutralizing the scenario) until you've racked up at least 30%

If he's in the air and pulls out a nade in order to "counter" any aerials- hit him anyway. You're sacrificing 10-12% in order to give HIM an additional 20-25 (don't sourspot that fair!) when you've actually already initiated the juggle with a utilt, uair, uthrow etc. so in this scenario you're sacrificing ~11 for 35+ damage, and a position advantage.

Snake is not that difficult a match-up, especially when the snakes you guys play against don't even bother to learn how to handle bananas.

@ADHD- You're DIing it incorrectly, that's all there is to it. Or perhaps your color of choice is a lighter version of Diddy? ;)
How do u overwhelm a snake in close combat??? Thats literally and utterly impossible. He outranges us in every form and fashion. Also racking up damage has never been the problem.

Hmm...im guessing ur referring to Sinz utilizing instant throwing more than most snakes. Now here in lies the fault in that. Is it more beneficial for snake to KEEP the naners, or throw them away/back at diddy. The answer is obvious. Keep them with him means we have no means to punish him, but i can talk more about this later. Off to do more homework.

If ur throwing them when he has no nades cooking he can't punish.and bananas blow up nades as well.
THROWING NANERS FROM A DISTANCE IS NOT A GOOD IDEA.

:( :dizzy: :urg:

TreK

Is "that guy"
bananas from far away gives more time to the opponent to react so no pressure, and guarantees less stuff if you successfully trip the opponent, I'm trying to stop doing it it sux XD

ADHD

Smash Hero

Lazee

Smash Apprentice
U 2-0d atomsk and almost 3 stocked ally lol.
U got 3rd right?

SuSa

I MAY be going, that's the one in Pasadena, right?

Me and Dao (best SoCal Diddy from everyone I've played) may be going for singles.

ADHD

Smash Hero
U 2-0d atomsk and almost 3 stocked ally lol.
U got 3rd right?
Yeah, that stuff didn't matter I failed :(

And you guys, I have been DI'ing it sideways. Seriously... you die at 100.

Is everyone following me? I mean the percent you die at is 110, but if you get hit at it with 100.. Maybe we mean something different.

SuSa

You get hit at 119%, and die at whatever % after. I sort of tested this.

sideways is not answering my question

Are you DI'ing IN FRONT OF SNAKE as "sideways" or BEHIND SNAKE.

One is THE WORST POSSIBLE DI while the other is near perfect (if not perfect)

It KO's at 102% with NO DI WHATSOEVER
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=236143

(These are BARELY (maybe 2% max) different then Versus KO %'s. (Because we don't know the exact % utilt deals...)

white peachy

Smash Ace
Wow, snake matchup thread is blowing up.

Snake has the advantage because he's as good or almost as good as diddy on the ground, can camp like an eagle scout, almost never has to go airborne except to kill with n-air, and lives to infinite and beyond. Matchup ratios are silly. 58.2-41.8 Snake's favor.

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
Just inputting this, if Snake is shielding and predicts diddy kong is going in for a grab / dash attack, its a pretty much a free sh dair OOS. Havent see any snakes doing it, but its really, really useful lol.

rvkevin

Smash Lord
Just inputting this, if Snake is shielding and predicts diddy kong is going in for a grab / dash attack, its a pretty much a free sh dair OOS. Havent see any snakes doing it, but its really, really useful lol.
Or they could just Shield Grab/Pivot Grab.

Lazee

Smash Apprentice
Lol susa I didn't play well at all the 2nd day.the first day you were getting ***** ^^

SuSa

Tyrant stalled his match before mine to go blaze. Dao can't play well unless faded....

It makes you play better. lawl

Also, food for johns:
Were you playing poorly, or was I playing poorly?

I mean, I did live to like.. 287% vs Tyrant on 2nd day. And took M2K to last stock on RC.....

Lazee

Smash Apprentice
Lol ok no johns next tourny u come to we'll play it again

Player-3

Smash Hero
Tyrant johned his match before mine to go john. Dao can't john well unless johning....

It makes you john better. Johns.

Also, johns for johns:
Were you johning poorly, or was I johning poorly?

I mean, I did john to like.. 287% vs Tyrant on 2nd day. And took M2K to john stock on RC.....
extreme johning

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Snake can camp us, we can only "stall" against him. If he makes a mistake, most he'll get is like 15% damage, we make one mistake, 45%, its ridiculous.
i love you gnes, but this doesnt make any sense. in fact, its very much the opposite. a typical snake punish 21%, and then afterwards, the punish is over and the situation is reset (snake has no combos, and extremely little string potential). if snake trips on a banana and gets put in the air, however, allowing diddy to get two bananas in the vicinity, then that snake is gonna get punished pretty hard, either until he gets control of a banana or they disappear. at low percents, its not uncommon for snake to be unable to stand up for 40% or so.

Top Bottom