• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Appreciation Thread: From Dinky to Diddy, From the Jungle to the Brawl.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
This thread seriously should be called:

Diddy Kong (solo) in Brawl Thread (Diddy Kong haters welcome! We love a good laugh!)

:laugh: Huh, how would that work=???? XD Also, Diddy KOng apparently learned either a Fire Kick from Hitmonlee, or a Blaze Kick from Blazekein! XD More proof that he'll pwn in Brawl! :)

Del Money

Smash Champion
ok LightLink17. I'll write like you do and it'll prove just how completely ignorant you really are. you're too much of an idiot to overlook apostrophes and think that mocking my writing online is helping you. it's obviously not because it's become blatantly obvious to everyone that you're simply ignoring everything. I'll be willing to bet that it's the same childish trick you pull every time you LOSE a debate at school

@SiD
sorry man. but i'm not going to let this go. LightLink17 resorted into hurling insults across the internet, but freeman123, RDK and I have indeed been debating and having good counterpoints to his "points" while he's just been twisting words and trying to sound funny. it's discussion, it's brawl related, and it involves a false claim that Diddy could've taken a character spot away from a character of a different franchise. therefore, it's relevant discussion. anyone who doesn't like it can either start their own side Diddy-related discussion or get the hell out. oh and speaking of which...
Lightlink I know that you're probably more intelligent than Del and Darkstar Kirby, just look at their writing.
wrong. you don't know anything. if my writing was so bad, then how come LightLink17 has been the only one to complain about it thus far? and how come you're only complaining about it now like a typical spectator prick who just wants to take sides? it didn't stop you from responding to my posts about Diddy's stage in brawl, did it? you don't know **** about my intellect level and I don't care if you created this thread or not. so do yourself a favor and shut the **** up.
You're an idiot.
coming from you, that's a compliment.
This would be so much easier if you followed simple grammatical and spelling constraints. But no. You have to be "casual."

What?!

"Because it is been characters on Sakurai's poll" is what I'm reading. That doesn't make any sense. Just what the heck are you saying? Rewrite it. Don't piss at me for "dodging" crap, I'm not dodging anything. Just rewrite it in English so I can understand what you are saying.

I'm not conveniently ignoring ****e. The only proof you've managed to offer me of that is me pointing out that you can't write a simple paragraph. I can't speak blargleblarge. So don't expect me to. If you want me to actually debate your supposedly amazing point, rewrite it like I ask.

It is pretty bad. Sometimes, as is the case with that one point, it's indecipherable bad.

That's not me dodging anything, that's you writing such an atrocious post that I can take no meaning from it. Spell better. Rewrite it. Don't piss and moan about me "dodging" your crappy spelling.

I like how you didn't just go ahead and rewrite the crappy thing. No, I'm not dodging anything, you really do suck that hard. I can't tell what you mean. It's all Greek to me, and I can read Greek! So shut up, or rewrite your point.
this is too funny. you're definitely the ONLY person to consider my writing bad. obviously, you're grasping at straws. so I'm going to prove how completely ignorant you really are...
i like how you always conveniently pretend to not comprehend when you really cant fight back with a significant counter point. youre pretty much proving you suck at debate even though you think youre good. basically this was a sarcastic remark at you for saying that time, money, and a license are all that determines a character like Sonic to be in brawl....as if its not Sakurai who's contacting Sega. its Sakurai's initial decision to pursue Sonic that makes him possible for brawl. stop acting like Sakurai has no power over his own project
[Translation]
I like how you always conveniently pretend to not comprehend when you really can't fight back with a significant counterpoint. you're pretty much proving you suck at debate even though you think you're good. basically this was sarcastic remark at you for saying that time, money, and a license are all that determines a character like Sonic to be in brawl...as if it's not Sakurai who's contacting Sega. it's Sakurai's initial decision to pursue Sonic that makes him possible for brawl. stop acting like Sakurai has no power over his own project.
[/Translation]
apart from capitalization and apostrophes, everything is spelled correctly. so once again you're just being ignorant and dodging everything. let's look at another, shall we?
because its been characters on Sakurai's poll that have been in speculation due to Ike and Diddy's inclusion. and since theyre more highly wanted characters on Sakurai's poll, people are questioning the characters with lower votes. notice how no one is questioning Ridley or Dedede's inclusion
[Translation]
because it's been characters on Sakurai's poll that have been in speculation due to Ike and Diddy's inclusion (you're an illiterate ******. Diddy and Ike being included have caused people to speculate/rely about Sakurai's poll much more for character inclusion. how you're conveniently ignoring this is beyond me...). and since they're (THEY'RE = THEY ARE) more highly wanted characters on Sakurai's poll, people are questioning the characters with lower votes (how does this not make sense? sure you can't be this stupid. for character's with lower votes on Sakurai's poll, it's more questionable if they'll appear in brawl). notice how no one is questioning Ridley or Dedede's inclusion.
[/Translation]
so basically, that last quote was proving that Sakurai's poll seems to be an influence on characters being included in brawl...OBVIOUSLY. if your bull**** theory about characters taking away from other characters' chances across franchise was true, people would be worried about Ridley and Dedede.

Yes. I did. Over and over again. There was a huge argument because some other guy kept saying that "a set range" didn't make sense. It was a huge thing.
you see this? this is an example of you twisting words. I already know you're referring to me with the whole "set range" thing and I didn't say ANYTHING about a set range not making sense. what I said was this...
Del Money said:
yes but Sakurai set those limitations for himself. and the range of the roster count is not a fixed value, so there is some margin of deviance if he wanted an additional few. if he said "exactly x-number of characters" then that would be a different story. basically thats what ive been saying but the ever-so illiterate LightLink17 fails to understand
and that's yet more proof of you're ignorance.
Stop putting words in my mouth. He doesn't have unlimited power. He can pursue all he wants, doesn't mean Sega will say "here you go."
I like how you're now putting words in MY mouth. I didn't say Sakurai had full control over the 3rd party roster. I said stop making it sound like the director of his game can't have whatever first parties he wants nor can he not pursue whatever 3rd parties he wants. 3rd parties getting in are a combination of Sakurai's desire to have them and an agreement reaching between Sakurai and the company of the character he's pursuing.
He can want all he wants. Doesn't mean they're going to get in on virtue of him wanting them.

No it's not. Sorry, but just because he wants a character doesn't mean that character will be in.

I don't have to twist your words, you do a fine job of that yourself. The idea that Sakurai can put in whoever he wants, and has complete control of his game, baring basically everything, assumes he has magical powers. He doesn't.

I have merit. It's very frustrating to have people act like they have a point, but proceed to talk about something I never said

Really? I have been known to do it, but I take great pains to work with exactly what you said. If I have done it to you, quote me. When have I done it?

It's a perfectly logical way to work. It's called goals. They prevent you from over stretching time or production. They allow the framework of which to work.

He has large influence over the roster, he can't just put in whoever strikes his fancy. Things still limit him like any other man.
someone else has already countered you on these points, so I'm not going to touch it.
It's probably not. Nintendo may have wished for the game to be done by a certain quarter of a certain year.
look who's usually the word "probably" now? careful, LightLink17, you're slipping...basically to answer this, I'll just quote you again.
Really? Proof? Where is it?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
There are so many things wrong with that that I don't even know where to begin. Zant's chances were never good even before Diddy was confirmed. You don't know for sure that Zant isn't in the game because they haven't revealed the entire roster, so you can't say that Diddy prevented Zant from being in the game. Even if Zant isn't in the game, there's no way of proving that he would have been in if Diddy wasn't. Your point made no sense.

That's like me saying that because Ike got in, Bleak from DKC3 won't get in. Do you realise how stupid that sounds? Let's just ignore the fact that Bleak's chances aren't good at all, half the people here probably don't even know who Bleak is, and he's not particularly popular with the people that do know who he is. Let's ignore all of that and assume that if Bleak doesn't get in it was because of Ike. See that? I just proved that Ike prevented Bleak from getting in. **** that Ike!

I got another one. If I go to Wal-Mart today, I won't be going to Japan. Let's ignore the fact that I had no plans on going to Japan anyway, I don't know anyone in Japan, I can't afford to go to Japan, and I have no reason to be in Japan. Let's put all of that aside and consider the fact that if I'm at Wal-Mart, then I'm not in Japan. For all I know, had I not gone to Wal-Mart a series of events could have suddenly occurred that would have ultimately lead to me going to Japan. So I just proved that Wal-Mart is hurting Japan's tourism.

I think it's all a conspiracy. Wal-Mart is trying to keep us out of Japan so that we can't stop Diddy Kong and Ike from keeping Zant and Bleak out of games!
HILARIOUS post! :laugh: Props man!

And I agree with Muffin_man here that LightLink wasn't all that insulting when he said he'd rather have Diddy not in Brawl, it's just an opinion. I for example rather wouldn't have Snake in Brawl, but yet he's in.

But...

Freeman made his point: How could you possibly ever know that Zant didn't get in because of Diddy? While Zant isn't even likely at first... But I agree that he'd still be a very nice addition.

EDIT:

you are all very sad, diddy kong is the second most anoying charecter in mario histery.
Now we can start *****ing!

First of all, Diddy's not even a MARIO character, he's a DK character. The fact that he appeared in a few Mario SPORT games doesn't make him a Mario character at all. Are Wario and DK also Mario characters then? Please shut up...

Unlike Wario and DK who made their debut in a game starring Mario, Diddy's first appearance was DONKEY KONG Country - and not Mario Kart Double Dash you ****ing 13 year olds!

Besides, you think Diddy's annoying while your name says PeteyForBrawl? I personally think that's really funny.

village-idiot

Smash Rookie
Once again lightlink, instead of making an intelligent post you have just spat insults...
In post #4504, there are only 2 insults he had made, very much the same as del monkey's. I think you're just afraid to counter his agruements.

wrong. you don't know anything. if my writing was so bad, then how come LightLink17 has been the only one to complain about it thus far?
Because no one else bothered to point it out? He's actually trying to understand your agruement yet you just go: "DON'T ACCUSE MY WRITING!!!!" instead of fixing the grammar or explaining in different words.

@Diddy Kong I believe your thread is screwed no matter what. Besides skimming through this debate is more entertaining then simply talking about diddy kong.

SiD

Smash Master
In post #4504, there are only 2 insults he had made, very much the same as del monkey's. I think you're just afraid to counter his agruements.

Because no one else bothered to point it out? He's actually trying to understand your agruement yet you just go: "DON'T ACCUSE MY WRITING!!!!" instead of fixing the grammar or explaining in different words.

@Diddy Kong I believe your thread is screwed no matter what. Besides skimming through this debate is more entertaining then simply talking about diddy kong.

Well you certainly are the village idiot. I don't see what it has to do with Del's post that he made after that, he still did just spew insults instead of debating. I've countered his arguments a few times but he just gets all pissed off instead of actually explaining why he thinks I'm wrong.

Also, maybe you and lightlink are to stupid to read Del's posts, but everyone else doesn't need him to waste his time fixing his grammar. Plus, if you would read his last post, he did do just that anyway, so your point is invalid and stupid. I have half a mind to think you're lightlink on another account, and hope it's true, cause then at least you're being a moron on purpose.

Also, so everyone knows, I've sent a PM asking a moderator to come to this thread. It is getting out of hand, and now we have more nuwbs like this guy joining in the fray, and I can't keep trying to keep the peace if no one will cooperate. So, fair warning, watch what you say.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I didn't read all of Del's posts, but most of the things I read that Lightlink quoted weren't nearly as bad as he made them out to be. Even if there were spelling and grammar mistakes, you could understand what he was saying. Lightlink was just being an @#$. So he was being rude.

And even if he did only state his opinion, what's wrong with us disagreeing with his opinion? Freedom of speech works both ways. When you say things like "because of Diddy, Zant can't get in", don't be surprised when people point out how much sense that didn't make.

Xerroo

Smash Journeyman
Sheesh.

People blow up over nothing.

Anyways I think we need either an Angry Aztec stage or a Gangplank Galleon stage to accompany Diddy.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Gangplank Galleon would be my choice from the 2, but I'd rather have that one as K.Rool's homestage... Since it actually IS his homestage. :p No, just gimme a Krazy Kremland stage or maybe a thorny barrel blasting stage for Diddy.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
No, just gimme a Krazy Kremland stage or maybe a thorny barrel blasting stage for Diddy.
like the theme park area or the beehive area, because a beehive stage would be awesome. You could cling to the honey and Zingers could fly around, and the only way to kill them is with a special attack, otherwise you hurt yourself. The theme park are could also transfer easily.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
I'd like any stage from DKC2 as long as it isn't the traditional boring *** stages from the other SSBs. I'm already looking forward to DK's new stage.

Also, I'd like to see some of the awesome music from DKC2 there as well. It seems like Sakurai picked the lamest songs from the other SSBs =/

LightLink17

Smash Apprentice
You do realize that it is also frustrating to be treated the way that you've been treating the vast majority of the posters you've responded to here, yes?
I find it different when somebody is right.

I don't know about you...but I've always gone for the theory that if I don't like others doing it to me, I should try not to do it to them. I tend to strive for harmony in most settings.
How do you know I care when people do it to me? Their wrongness is far more frustrating than quips. Although when wrongness is combined with quips...that's vastly annoying.

So, the answer? Don't be wrong.

True. However, it is very likely that before they decided on that number that they had a brainstorming session on what new characters would be good possibilities for the game. Brainstorming is commonly used in such a way, and the amount of characters that they come up with as good choices would only make it easier to decide on a realistic roster size and timeframe.
I agree. But that's a far cry from "They figure out who they want in, and they put them in, and that's the roster size" and "If Sakurai wants him in, he'll be in." I mean, just because something came up in brainstorming characters doesn't mean that something's going to be in. Problems could arise that were unforeseen. It happens all the time.

Also true. However, as these lawyers are not the ones in charge of the design of the game and what does or does not get added, the only reason they would contact SEGA would be if they were directed to by Sakurai or Nintendo. So by proxy, it's still Sakurai doing the contacting.
By proxy, I will agree.
LL, is it really that hard to figure out what he's trying to say?
Yes. Honestly, it is.

"It has been characters on Sakurai's poll." The word "it's" is used in this contraction a lot, and leaving out an apostrophe isn't an uncommon mistake to see, especially online. What about it makes it so hard to understand?
Tense confusion. Multiple states of being being used ("is" and "been" for the same subject at the same time). Overall grammatical disagreement.

Once again lightlink, instead of making an intelligent post you have just spat insults, talked about magic to avoid my point, and dodged almost everything Del said by insulting his english over and over.
I haven't avoided your point. Your point is still stupid. You can repeat it over and over and over again. It won't get less stupid. If you keep saying the same thing, of course I'm going to say the same thing to refute it.

And Del *does* have bad English. I can't read it. If he wants me to debate him, he needs to write better. Rewriting points happens. He should do it, and you and he need to stop whining about it.

You're a rabble rouser...
I don't think that's the word you're looking for.
...who seems to think that Sakurai has little to no control
Please stop being stupid. How many times have I outright denied this, and clarified myself? Must have been like, ten times by now. Do you not have a brain?

Unless you have something valid to say about Diddy, please leave this thread.
Or, I can stay here and finish what I didn't start. It's not like I was the one who started this whole mess.
...and I think that most of us would like to get back on topic.
I'm not stopping you.

I hope you can learn better forum ettiquette before the next time you attempt to debate with someone on here.
What's "ettiquette?" Does it have something to do with Etiquette? ;)

No, but seriously, I didn't start this debate. I would have been content to leave, had people not started asking me why I didn't want Diddy in, and started poking at my preferred characters. So guess what! You brought this in yourselves.

I would also like to ask the others involved with this argument, such as RDK and Del Money, to please not respond to him anymore.
So would I. They don't have anything intelligent to say, and one is supposed to be ignoring me, since like, seven pages ago.

He obviously won't listen to anything we say...
Of course I won't. It's wrong.

I don't really see how it can be read as a flame; just somebody stating and then explaining why they weren't excited over the character's addition. This is a forum after all.
I think it's more of the fact that when people started poking me, I didn't back down. I did the opposite.
Now I know he isn't the only one to blame, but he does seem to fling insults most often in this particular argument.
I fling insults if you're wrong, obviously wrong, and continue to be wrong after being corrected. When you're first wrong, fine, whatever. But if you continuously talk about things I never said, use the same already refuted arguments as if they get better with age, and in general say stupid things, then I insult you. You practically end up deserving it then. Notice I don't insult Sinn. Even when he disagrees with me. Because he has points that make sense.

Now I ask again, please can we move on, and get back on subject. Now that I feel I have clarified everything, I will not be making another post about Lightlink.
That's what they always say.

Yes it does.
No it doesn't. Why would it?

yeah, they will.
Because it's worked so well in the past, right?

yeah, what fantasy world are we living in to think that the guy in charge makes the decisions?
He's in charge of production. He's not in charge of everything. There are still people ahead of him. And he still has to respond to outside forces. So YES, you're living in a fantasy world.

Yes he can. He's the boss.
You've never been the boss of anything have you? You can't do whatever you want.
That's because you're not smart enough to realise it's supposed to be "it has been." Just so you know, the word "you're" in the last sentence means "you are."
"It has been characters" also doesn't make any sense thank you.

There are so many things wrong with that that I don't even know where to begin. Zant's chances were never good even before Diddy was confirmed.
Do you not know what an example is? I could have picked Anju from Majora's Mask for all it mattered. An example is an example. I just filled in variables. They could have been anything! If somebody showed you the model for a hotel you wanted to build, would you go "it's way too small. Nobody could even fit through the door."? I should hope not!

You don't know for sure that Zant isn't in the game because they haven't revealed the entire roster, so you can't say that Diddy prevented Zant from being in the game. Even if Zant isn't in the game, there's no way of proving that he would have been in if Diddy wasn't. Your point made no sense.
Yes it does. You just seem to have brain cancer.

That's like me saying that because Ike got in, Bleak from DKC3 won't get in. Do you realise how stupid that sounds?
If you're using it as an example, as a way of saying "if X got in, it lowers the chances of Y" then yes, it does make sense.

blah blah blah
Don't jump into a conversation and assume you know what's going on. Just go away now thanks.
Well dude, while that post was major ownage, I wish you would have ignored him so that we could all move on. I think I'm gonna have to refer a mod to this thread to keep everyone in line, assuming Lightlink comes back with another insult infested post. Which history has taught us he will. I tried to be the voice of reason, I wish I hadn't failed.
Didn't you just say you wouldn't make another post on me?

you're too much of an idiot to overlook apostrophes and think that mocking my writing online is helping you.
It's not apostrophes. I can infer what you mean when you screw up an apostrophe, I can't infer what you mean when you screw up verb cases, and use multiple being verbs, as well as mess up tenses. It's impossible. I might as well say "They is were theirs" and expect you to figure out what I mean!
I'll be willing to bet that it's the same childish trick you pull every time you LOSE a debate at school
How can I "pull" that "trick" when debate at school was spoken?
LightLink17 resorted into hurling insults across the internet, but freeman123, RDK and I have indeed been debating and having good counterpoints to his "points"...
No, you haven't. You aren't even arguing for the same things. One of you even agreed with me, then kept debating anyway. It's stupid.

And no, it's me that's having counterpoints to your points. I wasn't the one to start this. You said your crap first, so it's all been my counterpoints.

...while he's just been twisting words and trying to sound funny.
I'm not trying to sound funny at all. Are you laughing? I'm not.

wrong. you don't know anything. if my writing was so bad, then how come LightLink17 has been the only one to complain about it thus far?
I haven't. Idiot. Somebody else had a problem with something your wrote, but I actually understood it and replied to it.

Let's try not to lie, yes?

and how come you're only complaining about it now like a typical spectator prick who just wants to take sides?
He wasn't cheer leading. I hate that. He has a valid critisizm. I myself don't like what this has turned into. I would leave, but you all are just so annoying. If I left, you'd act like you won some big battle, one you were bound to win the whole time because of your amazing points and logic. I can't have that.

And guess what else. YOU are cheer leading. All of you are. When one of you makes a post, the others go to give fellatio to the poster, talking about how some nub was pawned or whatever. You did it in this post.

it didn't stop you from responding to my posts about Diddy's stage in brawl, did it? you don't know **** about my intellect level and I don't care if you created this thread or not. so do yourself a favor and shut the **** up.
I think people can infer your intelligence level by the way you write. And I'm not talking about spelling and grammar. None of *my* posts have managed to have censored words in them. Well, one, but only once, and only one. *shrug* This one paragraph beats me there.

this is too funny. you're definitely the ONLY person to consider my writing bad. obviously, you're grasping at straws. so I'm going to prove how completely ignorant you really are...
Then rewrite it. Don't piss and whine.
[Translation]
I like how you always conveniently pretend to not comprehend when you really can't fight back with a significant counterpoint. you're pretty much proving you suck at debate even though you think you're good. basically this was sarcastic remark at you for saying that time, money, and a license are all that determines a character like Sonic to be in brawl...as if it's not Sakurai who's contacting Sega. it's Sakurai's initial decision to pursue Sonic that makes him possible for brawl. stop acting like Sakurai has no power over his own project.
[/Translation]
apart from capitalization and apostrophes, everything is spelled correctly. so once again you're just being ignorant and dodging everything. let's look at another, shall we?
You're an idiot. I obviously understood this, I replied to it. Sheesh.
because it's been characters
This isn't a translation. This is the point I have a problem with. What are you saying here? "It is been characters" and "it has been characters" both make no sense!

so basically, that last quote was proving that Sakurai's poll seems to be an influence on characters being included in brawl...OBVIOUSLY.
Duh. So what relevance does it have?

if your bull**** theory about characters taking away from other characters' chances across franchise was true, people would be worried about Ridley and Dedede.
No they wouldn't. Ol' what's-his-face put it nicely. Characters can only take away from other characters across franchises when the other character is of lesser importance to his own franchise, than the character.

To put it in a different way, if X = Y, they probably won't take away from each other, but if X > Y, X can take away from Y's chances across franchises.

you see this? this is an example of you twisting words. I already know you're referring to me with the whole "set range" thing and I didn't say ANYTHING about a set range not making sense. what I said was this...
That's not what I'm referring to. I'm referring to something you said about twenty pages back. Specifically this:

you just contradicted youself. how can there be a SET limit if theres a range?
Obviously you knew I spoke of a range. This happened on page 283. You then proceed to spout forth crap about how a "set range" doesn't make sense, because "set" implies an integer, or some nonsense.

and that's yet more proof of you're ignorance.
Yeah, because completely missing my reference and failing to remember what happened a measly two days ago is so not ignorant.

I like how you're now putting words in MY mouth.
Thanks. I try. Perhaps you can return the favour.

I didn't say Sakurai had full control over the 3rd party roster.
I never said you did. I said you implied Sakurai has unlimited power and can do whatever he wants.

someone else has already countered you on these points, so I'm not going to touch it.
Failed to counter you mean.
look who's usually the word "probably" now?
I'm ALWAYS using words like "probably" and "Likely" and "May." It prevents me from being *stupid* and making absolute phrases that can't be proven. You can't prove anything with what Sakurai is doing. You should be saying "probably" in the right places or else you're claiming some amazing knowledge on the inner workings of the development of Brawl.
careful, LightLink17, you're slipping...basically to answer this, I'll just quote you again.
You don't provide absolute proof for educated guesses. Duh.
HILARIOUS post! Props man!
Yeah. I agree. It was hilariously wrong. Doesn't mean I have to lift up my skirt to him.

Man, I *hate* cheer-leading.
Freeman made his point: How could you possibly ever know that Zant didn't get in because of Diddy? While Zant isn't even likely at first... But I agree that he'd still be a very nice addition.
I never literally argued that Zant isn't going to get in because of Diddy. It was an example! I could have picked any characters (so long as one was important and the other not so, and they were in different franchises)! I could have picked Dedede and Malon. Or Wolf and Balloon Fighter. It doesn't matter! It was just to illustrate a point, not a literal argument. I'm sure he would have known that had he not jumped in randomly, and actually read the entire argument.

I don't see what it has to do with Del's post that he made after that, he still did just spew insults instead of debating.
No. I didn't. I will insult you, but I have points in there too. If you get your panties in such a bundle from a few insults that you can't read the points, then there must be something wrong.

I've countered his arguments a few times but he just gets all pissed off instead of actually explaining why he thinks I'm wrong.
Yeah, those huge paragraphs aren't explanations at all.

...he did do just that anyway...
You mean he failed to do it in the only relevant part. He "fixed" a part I already understood and replied to. And the other thing he "fixed" still had the relevant errors.

Also, so everyone knows, I've sent a PM asking a moderator to come to this thread.
It's really cheesy to announce it. It's like Mr. Kirby, and going "lol, lookz Imma ignorin u." Besides, a mod has already visited.

When you say things like "because of Diddy, Zant can't get in", don't be surprised when people point out how much sense that didn't make.
Nobody ever even said that.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Tense confusion. Multiple states of being being used ("is" and "been" for the same subject at the same time). Overall grammatical disagreement.
You do know that it's still not hard to get what he is saying. You make it seem like posts on an internet forum have to be in MLA format.
Well, one, but only once, and only one. *shrug* This one paragraph beats me there.
LOL, so you infer intelligence in posts as ones that don't have curse words in it? That's kinda silly overall. I say that because it should be about what he means and not the words he says. You can come off as just as much of an ******* without using a single curse word.

With that said Del and some of the others "debating" him have gone off the deep end themselves and assumed too much. Both sides are in the wrong, and honestly I'm going to start moderating this thread if you guys don't get more civilized about it.

@LightLink: You can make your points without having that added sting in it like you always do. There is a difference between disagreeing with someone and trying to undermine them.

@Del and the others: Let it go. There is no reason to argue with him if he isn't listening. Either take Sid's advice or stop flaming LL.

If either side of the argument flames I will begin handing out infractions.

Now, to throw a little bit into the topic:
Both sides have valid points, but the problem is that neither side is willing to accept the other. Basically, Sakurai is the director and has the final call in what characters make it in and what characters don't. He gets to put the characters he wants in, within a reasonable time frame and other constrictions. That said, LL is right in saying that every new character takes away from the chances of other characters being in. There are a lot of reasons for that, time being one I've already mentioned as well as budget. They also don't want to include every character, cause it would hinder the creation of a sequel and it would be a balancing nightmare. I'm sure there are tons more stuff that I'm not aware of that also affects the total amount of characters as well.

I hope that this can be a springboard for some more civilized debating between you guys.

LightLink17

Smash Apprentice
You do know that it's still not hard to get what he is saying. You make it seem like posts on an internet forum have to be in MLA format.
I found it impossible.
LOL, so you infer intelligence in posts as ones that don't have curse words in it?
No. What I said was:

I think people can infer your intelligence level by the way you write.
Thus I said that I think it possible that one can infer intelligence that way. What I was referring to was the willingness to use them.

That's kinda silly overall. I say that because it should be about what he means and not the words he says. You can come off as just as much of an ******* without using a single curse word.
Yeah, but to do so I think could imply more intelligence.

@LightLink: You can make your points without having that added sting in it like you always do. There is a difference between disagreeing with someone and trying to undermine them.
Very well.

They also don't want to include every character, cause it would hinder the creation of a sequel and it would be a balancing nightmare.
I didn't even think about that.

I hope that this can be a springboard for some more civilized debating between you guys.
But...it seems like you just repeated what I've been saying this whole time...and confirmed my base argument (that characters can take away from other's chances across franchises).

Del Money

Smash Champion
Were you Mic_128, I'd say something a lot different, but ok Mookie, I'll be more civil.

And Del *does* have bad English. I can't read it. If he wants me to debate him, he needs to write better. Rewriting points happens. He should do it, and you and he need to stop whining about it.
I never whined about it. and my English is just fine. if I made tense mistakes then it was bad typos on my part. but apart from that, it appeared as if you were conveniently dodging it while everyone else understood perfectly what I was talking about.
What's "ettiquette?" Does it have something to do with Etiquette? ;)
you see this? this is dooshbag behavior...that's what causes flame wars
"It has been characters" also doesn't make any sense thank you.
yes it does. "It has been characters on Sakurai's poll with higher vote counts that were the most likely to be confirmed." that's an example sentence, and it's perfectly, grammatically correct. but enough about grammar....
How can I "pull" that "trick" when debate at school was spoken?
by accusing someone's speech of being grammatically incorrect. but ok...DEFINITELY no more stuff about grammar....
And guess what else. YOU are cheer leading. All of you are. When one of you makes a post, the others go to give fellatio to the poster, talking about how some nub was pawned or whatever. You did it in this post.
I wasn't cheerleading at all. I just stated that freeman123 had already touched upon your other comments because I agreed with he statements and didn't feel the need to repeat what he said. is that so wrong?
I think people can infer your intelligence level by the way you write. And I'm not talking about spelling and grammar. None of *my* posts have managed to have censored words in them. Well, one, but only once, and only one. *shrug* This one paragraph beats me there.
using profanity doesn't auomatically make you an idiot though. I won't go into too much detail because MookieRah had already touched upon that, but basically profanity can be used to place emphasis on something, or to express frustration. using profanity just for the sake of using it, is the REAL indication that the person is uneducated.
You're an idiot.
no I'm not. Volrec is.
This isn't a translation. This is the point I have a problem with. What are you saying here? "It is been characters" and "it has been characters" both make no sense!
I meant "it has been characters", and I just proved earlier that it does make sense.
No they wouldn't. Ol' what's-his-face put it nicely. Characters can only take away from other characters across franchises when the other character is of lesser importance to his own franchise, than the character.
I must say that this is the first thing you've posted that I'm actually happy about. This includes what I was trying to say and now I see where your point holds water. You stated that the significance of a character to their own franchise is important and the lower it is, the more likely for another character from a different franchise to take their place. or to put in in nerdy-*** math terms. If X comes from A and Y comes from B, and X is more significant to A than Y is to B, then X is more likely to make it into brawl over Y. what don't get is why you necessarily think that one character WILL replace the other. it seems like significance to their own franchise is the only thing determining their inclusion in this case.
Thanks. I try. Perhaps you can return the favour.
no, please don't.
I never said you did. I said you implied Sakurai has unlimited power and can do whatever he wants.
no I didn't. I implied that Sakurai directs the project and regulates the game layout. in fact, I'll admit a slight misjudgment on my part because it's not even what HE wants in regards to the characters' inclusion. he of course has the final say (and in the case of 3rd parties, the final say as to which companies will be contacted), but he's obviously been basing his preferences for character inclusion on the polls that he has conducted as well as his own opinion (and most likely the opinion of others whom he works with as well). in an interview with Sakurai and Miyamoto (which I read on a link off the Wikipedia Brawl page, but can't find the link anymore for some reason), they stated that they wanted to include characters that had fans worldwide (to avoid showing favoritism towards just the Japanese) and they wanted to make sure that they included characters that will be fun to play. I'm assuming that these "fun-to-play" characters will be "fun-to-play" according to their standards while the characters with worldwide fans would be made apparent via polls and such. Why he made his poll Japanese-only is beyond me and still pisses me off to this very day.
I'm ALWAYS using words like "probably" and "Likely" and "May." It prevents me from being *stupid* and making absolute phrases that can't be proven. You can't prove anything with what Sakurai is doing. You should be saying "probably" in the right places or else you're claiming some amazing knowledge on the inner workings of the development of Brawl.
yes but saying "probably", "likely", and "may" shows unsure in your argument. we've been taught to NEVER use those words in persuasive essays (yes, science majors can write essays too).
You don't provide absolute proof for educated guesses. Duh.
then please stop asking me for it. I never stated anything as fact.

SiD

Smash Master
Lightlink said:

To put it in a different way, if X = Y, they probably won't take away from each other, but if X > Y, X can take away from Y's chances across franchises.
See, here is a perfect example of what I meant by you dodging my points. I said something to this effect a while ago, but you either didn't read it or ignored it. Yes, having a character that is very important to it's own franchise will reduce chances of a character from a different franchise that is of less importance to it.

Sinn

Smash Lord
Now, to throw a little bit into the topic:
Both sides have valid points, but the problem is that neither side is willing to accept the other. Basically, Sakurai is the director and has the final call in what characters make it in and what characters don't. He gets to put the characters he wants in, within a reasonable time frame and other constrictions. That said, LL is right in saying that every new character takes away from the chances of other characters being in. There are a lot of reasons for that, time being one I've already mentioned as well as budget. They also don't want to include every character, cause it would hinder the creation of a sequel and it would be a balancing nightmare. I'm sure there are tons more stuff that I'm not aware of that also affects the total amount of characters as well.

At the same time, if Sakurai were dead set on including some first party characters from the get go, every other new character option would only take openings away from OTHER characters that were still being tossed around by the development team. So if the opening statement of the new character discussion opened with, "Alright, for the new project we're going to be adding the following ten characters for certain. Now, who else do you think we should add to this list?" then those characters are absolutes from the very beginning; we merely don't know who those characters are (unless they were the five revealed from the first trailer).

I think this whole argument has been one long battle of semantics.

The addition of certain characters CAN reduce the odds of other specific characters being included. However, that doesn't mean that it WILL reduce the odds of other specific characters being included (which is really just a condensed version of what I had at the end of my first long post). If Sakurai said something early in the development process to the tune of, "Adding Character A is a good idea, but if we add him/her, I want us to add Character B as well," then the decision to add the first character becomes a prerequisite instead of an obstacle for the second. There could be any number of reasons to do this, even across franchises (some of the creatively themed event mode matches come to mind).

Is this something that has happened or will happen? I don't know. I'm simply presenting a possible situation. But it's a situation that should reinforce the fact that neither side of this argument has no possible exceptions.

And just to throw this out based off something in Del's last post...I try to use absolutes as seldom as possibly. Mainly because I realize that I'm incredibly flawed and can be wrong very easily. Secondly, if something is only my opinion, I stress the fact that it is an opinion so it can be disregarded as nothing more than that by those who disagree. Therefore, unless I know something to be completely and utterly true, I rarely claim it as such. And if I do, and am wrong later, I admit to it. I might not be as persuasive as some people, but I feel that I still get my point across and don't end up coming off as arrogant because of it.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
wrong. you don't know anything. if my writing was so bad, then how come LightLink17 has been the only one to complain about it thus far? and how come you're only complaining about it now like a typical spectator prick who just wants to take sides? it didn't stop you from responding to my posts about Diddy's stage in brawl, did it? you don't know **** about my intellect level and I don't care if you created this thread or not. so do yourself a favor and shut the **** up.
Well **** weed I was saying what I could to get rid of him. Also you think I didn't notice your bad spelling, I'm pretty sure most of us have. I didn't say anything because I was being nice. You jump straight to insults, you don't think rationally and it seems you started the flaming with LightLink, he was just defending his opinion, yes he did make some stupid points, some very stupid points but so did you. But you started with the flames.

you are all very sad, diddy kong is the second most anoying charecter in mario histery.
Coming from some one with the name Petey in his name, can't spell history and thinks Diddy is from the Mario series. This doesn't mean much.

I would love a beehive stage I loved those levels in DKC2! They were some of my favourite.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Well **** weed
gee, that's a new one
You jump straight to insults, you don't think rationally and it seems you started the flaming with LightLink, he was just defending his opinion, yes he did make some stupid points, some very stupid points but so did you. But you started with the flames.
ok then. since you're so hellbent on calling ME the instigator why don't you look back and TELL me who the hell started name-calling first. go on...I ****ing DARE you. I know for a fact, I didn't start name-calling at LightLink17 first at all. so, smartass, get your facts straight. and stop trying to start another flamewar. I'm done with this crap. and I'm sure as hell not gonna take any from you so just stop talking to me.

@Sinn & SiD
basically everything makes more sense now. the characters' significance to their own franchise ia a cause for them making it over a less significant character. but it feels as though the other characters' insignificance to their franchise is what caused them to not make it in. I guess it's most likely because the substitution of characters isn't made public knowledge where as the popular of a character and their level of significance to their franchise IS made public knowledge. for instance, assuming Balloon Fighter does not make it into brawl, it could be because Sakurai couldn't find a character in the roster worth replacing with him. also, I feel that the more desired a character is for brawl, the less likely their inclusion came at the price of another character. this is beause the most wanted characters on Sakurai's poll have high enough preference that Sakurai not including them in would basically be ignoring the fans. and this is why I still strongly feel that Diddy didn't kick any character out of their position. perhaps, if WW Link makes in it, and Wolf from Star Fox doesn't, then I would feel as if a substitution was more likely to have taken place to reach that roster decision.

LightLink17

Smash Apprentice
I never whined about it.
Sure you did.

"You're dodging my points" "You conveniently can't read things that you can't refute" etc. That's whining. Not whining would be just rewording or writing what you said.

you see this? this is dooshbag behavior...that's what causes flame wars
Can't take a joke? What do you think the smiley was there for? And the "But seriously" right after it? Obviously I was just joking.
yes it does. "It has been characters on Sakurai's poll with higher vote counts that were the most likely to be confirmed." that's an example sentence, and it's perfectly, grammatically correct. but enough about grammar....
It's not grammatically correct. Hence the problem. Reword it. I honestly, really, can't understand what you're saying. What is "it"? Why does "it" look like it refers to "characters" when "it" is singular and "characters" is plural.

I'm not dodging this point, I just can't read it.

I wasn't cheerleading at all. I just stated that freeman123 had already touched upon your other comments because I agreed with he statements and didn't feel the need to repeat what he said. is that so wrong?
Saying things like "LightLink17 resorted into hurling insults across the internet, but freeman123, RDK and I have indeed been debating and having good counterpoints to his "points"" is. It is cheering on the other two, implying y'all are some heralding saviours of light, doing your best to fight the ol' evil me.
using profanity doesn't auomatically make you an idiot though.
High frequency can be an indicator.

I meant "it has been characters", and I just proved earlier that it does make sense.
Ahh. I Finally get it! I was putting emphasis on the wrong part, making it sound like you were using superfluous verbs.

Now I understand...I just don't remember what the point was.

I must say that this is the first thing you've posted that I'm actually happy about. This includes what I was trying to say and now I see where your point holds water. You stated that the significance of a character to their own franchise is important and the lower it is, the more likely for another character from a different franchise to take their place. or to put in in nerdy-*** math terms. If X comes from A and Y comes from B, and X is more significant to A than Y is to B, then X is more likely to make it into brawl over Y. what don't get is why you necessarily think that one character WILL replace the other.
I don't think one WILL replace another. I always say it "could."
no I didn't. I implied that Sakurai directs the project and regulates the game layout. in fact, I'll admit a slight misjudgment on my part because it's not even what HE wants in regards to the characters' inclusion. he of course has the final say (and in the case of 3rd parties, the final say as to which companies will be contacted), but he's obviously been basing his preferences for character inclusion on the polls that he has conducted as well as his own opinion (and most likely the opinion of others whom he works with as well).
This is what I've been saying. Especially in regards to his co-workers, since he works with them, and polls are just nameless statistics. A co-worker is more personal.
yes but saying "probably", "likely", and "may" shows unsure in your argument.
That's what I told all my old English teachers. But that was a slightly different circumstance.

In this instance, you can never say "this is how it is" because you really don't know.

we've been taught to NEVER use those words in persuasive essays (yes, science majors can write essays too).
I'm an English Major. Could you tell? At any rate, we've been taught to ALWAYS qualify absolute statements, and in Logic and Argument classes you're to word everything carefully to avoid making unprovable statements. The latter is important here because you can't prove with any real facts anything about the developmental process. We can only make educated guesses, so everything *is* "may" "probably" and "likely."

In persuasive essays you may not need them for that, because you can cite sources and prove things. We can't prove things here. Unless they release information about the developmental process of Brawl.

then please stop asking me for it. I never stated anything as fact.
I refer to your lack of using words like "may" and "probably." Without them, you are indeed stating things as fact, rather than simply probable or likely.

See, here is a perfect example of what I meant by you dodging my points. I said something to this effect a while ago, but you either didn't read it or ignored it.
Then I was probably referring to you. Didn't stop the arguing. I even said it happened. There was one of you who agreed with me, yet arguing still continued.

LightLink17

Smash Apprentice
I just now realised that the thread title has changed to include my name. That's awesome. My name is now enshrined on a large thread! How cool is that!

Xanderous

Smash Lord
That's totally cool. You know what would be even more totally cool?

Cause I ****in' don't. =(

Del Money

Smash Champion
It's spelled "douche"
so I guess some of us haven't moved past the spelling aspect. yes I know it's spelled "douche" I just always thought that word was censored which is why I purposely never spelled it correctly. if c**t is censored, then I had enough reason to believe that "douche" would be too. satisfied?
I just now realised that the thread title has changed to include my name. That's awesome. My name is now enshrined on a large thread! How cool is that!
no. the only reason our names are up there is because the topic creator is too full of himself to see that the debate was actually relevant to the thread as well as brawl in general.

oh and with regards to the whole issue at hand, I still don't think Diddy's inclusion has the potential to be at the expense of another character from a difference franchise. Diddy was pretty much a shoe-in. in that respect, I don't see Sakurai's poll as a nameless set of statistics because Diddy and Ike are in and it's to be expected that Dedede and Ridley will follow as well. I guess what I'm trying to say is I feel that the whole replacing characters idea makes sense with characters that are less likely to be in brawl due to Sakurai's poll or just plain popular opinion. which is why I guess Pokemon Trainer could very well have replaced someone else. but at this point, it doesn't really matter to me because any character that does get replaced, we'll never be informed of anyways. and most likely the characters are't all that significant to their own franchise to being with

Xanderous

Smash Lord
Diddy's kind of lame, but I really enjoyed his games as a kid, so I'm happy with his (inevitable)
inclusion.

Sinn

Smash Lord
In LightLink's defense, there have been a lot of people provoking him. His opinion, at least phrased the way it was initially, was in the minority, and the general response seemed like he wasn't being taken very seriously. The first few posts in the discussion don't have anything remotely insulting in them at all. But when both sides got a little out of line, neither side quit right away. I'd get mad too if I had five or so people all telling me I was wrong and misunderstanding what I was trying to say, though I wouldn't react the same way. I'm not saying that makes everything he's said ok, but the unnecessary comments were coming from both sides, and I don't think that a ban is anywhere fitting for situation like this.

Typically when regulars in any thread blow off someone or belittle what they have to say, they go away. He didn't. That's essentially what caused this whole thing to escalate to where it did. Is that really something he did wrong?

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
crap! what happened to hes confirmed so suck it! title???

that was the best title ever!

oh well, diddy confirmed for brawl so suck it all you nay sayers!

Del Money

Smash Champion
@Sinn
I agree completely. my issue with LightLink17 was when his posts started becoming insulting. everyone else is being dumb and don't know the meaning of discussion. It's not like what we were talking about wasn't brawl-related. even MookieRah said the discussion was fine, but was against the flaming-- the same flaming that is now OVER, so why people want to be ******** and dwell on that is beyond me. the only thing LightLink17 did wrong was become insulting in his posts and he's stopped now. If people posts long posts, then can just ****ing deal with it. forums are for reading and writing about a topic. there's no length limit, so either deal with it or just ****ing leave. as much as it doesn't seem so, I enjoy hearing LightLink17's input on the matter even if it isn't in agreement with mine and even if it takes a whole 5 minutes to get through. so can people stop being complete morons and making a big deal out of something that otherwise does need it...

Diddy FTW

bored

Smash Ace
You guys should just settle this Diddy vs Diddy when Brawl comes out xD

But seriously I think Xianfeng is full of himself, Wizpig for a boss battle.. Pfft! PFFT I say!

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
so I guess some of us haven't moved past the spelling aspect. yes I know it's spelled "douche" I just always thought that word was censored which is why I purposely never spelled it correctly. if c**t is censored, then I had enough reason to believe that "douche" would be too. satisfied?
Fair enough. I'm personally fed up with censorship, but it's needed with heated arguments like these were we all lose self-control and flame. Anyways, sorry if you thought I was offending you on purpose.

I'm glad everyone's cool now, quarter/half-page posts get tedious to read.

Del Money

Smash Champion
You guys should just settle this Diddy vs Diddy when Brawl comes out xD

But seriously I think Xianfeng is full of himself, Wizpig for a boss battle.. Pfft! PFFT I say!
Wizpig is crap. Dogadon would make a 5-times-better boss for Diddy. screw Wizpig...

needless to say, I dont think each character is going to have a boss in their adventure story that doesn't appear in another character's becuase if that's the case, then we're gonna have a ballsload of boss characters in this game. and just like Petey Piranha isn't related to the Kirby franchise at all, I'm not sure if Diddy's bosses will have to be from the DK franchise either.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Lightlink will probably end up banned.
Hopefully him and Del end up banend then maybe this thread can restore to peace.

crap! what happened to hes confirmed so suck it! title???
When Del Money and LightLink stop trying to get my thread closed I'll change it back.

What is wrong with Wizpig? I like Wizpig. Plus he is Diddy's rival.

Wizpig is crap. Dogadon would make a 5-times-better boss for Diddy. screw Wizpig...
Where are you getting the name Dogadon from, it doesn't say it anywhere in the game as far as I can remember.

Sinn

Smash Lord
Actually xianfeng, I think that at this point (from what I can see) the debate has reached more or less a point where both sides agree on a lot of factors. And at least it's, like...actually on topic instead of meandering into tangents that don't mean anything and degrade into derogatory remarks. But LL hasn't responded since Del's last post point: That because Diddy was more or less a "shoe in," that doesn't really make the decision to include him take away from the less likely character's chances. Kinda like the one example I posted in response to......the mod person. I can't remember his name. Think it started with an M.

Top Bottom