• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Appreciation Thread: From Dinky to Diddy, From the Jungle to the Brawl.

bored

Smash Ace
Nah it should be WizPig from DKR and DKRDS because that was from his very own game (and mini series) so it really is more for him than the giant dragonfly that him and chunky had to beat up (man DK64 was easy, cept for the K.Rool boss fight...)
Whhhhhhhhhhhaaaaa???? Wizpig? Are you kidding me? Wizpig doesn't fight, he races people, and besides what would he do other than just run around try to stomp on you or he could ride on a rocket and try to hit you or something... Sorry I just can't see Wizpig being in any other game other than Diddy Kong racing, escpecially when he, being a rare character belongs to Microsoft...

EDIT: @ Del money
If Tiny Kong was in Brawl Mad jack would be a definate boss in my book, I would just love to see him again lol...

Sinn

Smash Lord
Why do a lot of people think that each individual character is getting a stage this time around? Last time each franchise only had two stages (with the exception of the Past Stages and the old school Mushroom Kingdom and Subcon stages) regardless of how many characters from that franchise was in. Are we really expecting 40-45 stages as well as characters? O_O

xianfeng

Smash Hero
He's not a rare character. Aside from Banjo & Conker all of DKR's characters are Nintendo. Plus before SSB what could Fox McCloud and Captain Falcon do? Fly around.

Del Money

Smash Champion
EDIT: @ Del money
If Tiny Kong was in Brawl Mad jack would be a definate boss in my book, I would just love to see him again lol...
Mad Jack was awesome. great boss fight. 2nd avorite next to Chunky's version of Dogadon
Why do a lot of people think that each individual character is getting a stage this time around? Last time each franchise only had two stages (with the exception of the Past Stages and the old school Mushroom Kingdom and Subcon stages) regardless of how many characters from that franchise was in. Are we really expecting 40-45 stages as well as characters? O_O
well here were more stages in melee than there were characters...and we do still have alot of updates left til release. i would be overkill to put too many stages in but you never know

NEXT POST WILL START THE 300TH PAGE!!! W00T

RDK

Smash Hero
no it's not. you need to calm down. i can bring it back on topic. so as far as Diddy stages go, would people prefer to see one from DKC1, DK64, or the newer DK games like Jungle Climbers or summat?
Definetely this post FTW.

And also Wizpig as Diddy's boss fight FTW.

EDIT:

DAMMIT TAKESHI!!!!!!!!!

THE RAGE OF 1,000 CARE BEARS BE UPON YOU!!!!!!!!!

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
I get angered everytime I see this thread.

Telling me to suck it for no reason at all.

I never said anything about Diddy, I knew he would get in since he SHOULD.. Though I get a "suck it" everytime.

-Onyx

RDK

Smash Hero
I get angered everytime I see this thread.

Telling me to suck it for no reason at all.

I never said anything about Diddy, I knew he would get in since he SHOULD.. Though I get a "suck it" everytime.

-Onyx
I think what Xianfeng is referring to in the topic title is the massive amount of n00bs who think Diddy sucks and who didn't think he was going to be confirmed.

Takeshi--I wanted my 1,300th post to be on the 300th page of this thread. Now you've gone and destroyed my dreams.

A CURSE BE UPON BOTH YOUR HOUSES!

/sarcasm

RDK

Smash Hero
Always got page 400 for your 1400 post RDK
....ah yes. Revenge is a dessert best served cold.

If anyone takes that page, I'll be super-hyper-over 9000 angry.

/joking

But back on topic. Who else but the Wizpig could be Diddy's boss battle? He's the perfect choice.

Del Money

Smash Champion
hmm...perhaps there can be a mine-cart stage from the DKC games or from DK64...thatll be ill-sick

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
LightLink17
Nobody. Zant sucks. It was just an example.
You were using him as an example of a better character that Diddy might prevent from getting in. If you think Zant deserves to be in more than Diddy you're an idiot, and if you don't than your point made no sense and you're an idiot. What the fug is wrong with you?

xianfeng

Smash Hero
nah, not wizpig. i think it should be the "dragon" fly in DK64. that boss kicked a**
Yeah but WizPig was made for HIS game, the dragonfly was really kinda generic and boring. WizPig is Diddy's villain, just like King Boo is Luigi's villain (bad example I know but it fits). Sure K.Rool and others are also villains that Diddy has to face in his mainstream games with DK (just like Luigi has to face Bowser) but WizPig was created to be a villain just for Diddy.

LightLink17

Smash Apprentice
He does, however, have the ability to decide who he wants in his own game.
He can want all he wants. Doesn't mean they're going to get in on virtue of him wanting them.

That is logic.
No it's not. Sorry, but just because he wants a character doesn't mean that character will be in.

You refuse to listen to my point, justifying this by twisting my words.
I don't have to twist your words, you do a fine job of that yourself. The idea that Sakurai can put in whoever he wants, and has complete control of his game, baring basically everything, assumes he has magical powers. He doesn't.

See here you're just insulting me with no merit.
I have merit. It's very frustrating to have people act like they have a point, but proceed to talk about something I never said.
No, you didn't specifically say they decide on an exact number, but you didn't specifically say a set range either.
Yes. I did. Over and over again. There was a huge argument because some other guy kept saying that "a set range" didn't make sense. It was a huge thing.

It is natural to make an assumption about this, you do it too.
Really? I have been known to do it, but I take great pains to work with exactly what you said. If I have done it to you, quote me. When have I done it?

I still stand by that they wouldn't even decide on a range before they make the game. That is not a logical way to work. Sakurai will decide, with his team, who should be in the game before he decides that.
It's a perfectly logical way to work. It's called goals. They prevent you from over stretching time or production. They allow the framework of which to work.
Not unlimited, but he does decide the roster.
He has large influence over the roster, he can't just put in whoever strikes his fancy. Things still limit him like any other man.
according to you, yes
You're an idiot.

gladly, fool *points to next quote*
That's not me dodging anything, that's you writing such an atrocious post that I can take no meaning from it. Spell better. Rewrite it. Don't piss and moan about me "dodging" your crappy spelling.
i like how you always conveniently pretend to not comprehend when you really cant fight back with a significant counter point.
I like how you didn't just go ahead and rewrite the crappy thing. No, I'm not dodging anything, you really do suck that hard. I can't tell what you mean. It's all Greek to me, and I can read Greek! So shut up, or rewrite your point.
basically this was a sarcastic remark at you for saying that time, money, and a license are all that determines a character like Sonic to be in brawl....as if its not Sakurai who's contacting Sega.
I don't think it *is* Sakurai contacting Sega. You usually have lawyers for that sort of thing. And I never said that was "all" that determines a character, but it's something.

its Sakurai's initial decision to pursue Sonic that makes him possible for brawl. stop acting like Sakurai has no power over his own project
Stop putting words in my mouth. He doesn't have unlimited power. He can pursue all he wants, doesn't mean Sega will say "here you go."

seems my English isnt bad, after all
It is pretty bad. Sometimes, as is the case with that one point, it's indecipherable bad.

dam, you really dont know **** about game theory at all, do you?
I know the basics, as much as I need to know for basic economics.

A better thing to have done was to either have shut up and said nothing, or say something of more substance than basically "lol, u r dumb lawllawlalawalwlaw." If I am in error, say why. Don't suck so hardcore.
you make it sound like the progress of the development team under Sakurai's direction is not the factor that controls how much time is left.
It's probably not. Nintendo may have wished for the game to be done by a certain quarter of a certain year.

keep in mind Sakurai's character roster desires are fulfilled prior to the release date with the exception of 3rd parties.
Really? Proof? Where is it? History tells us this isn't the case, as both previous smash games have had Sakurai fail to get certain characters in.
yes but Sakurai set those limitations for himself. and the range of the roster count is not a fixed value, so there is some margin of deviance if he wanted an additional few. if he said "exactly x-number of characters" then that would be a different story. basically thats what ive been saying but the ever-so illiterate LightLink17 fails to understand
You're right it seems. Now it seems like you're arguing for something completely different. Just what *are* you arguing for? This would be so much easier if you followed simple grammatical and spelling constraints. But no. You have to be "casual."
because its been characters on Sakurai's poll that have been in speculation due to Ike and Diddy's inclusion.
What?!

"Because it is been characters on Sakurai's poll" is what I'm reading. That doesn't make any sense. Just what the heck are you saying? Rewrite it. Don't piss at me for "dodging" crap, I'm not dodging anything. Just rewrite it in English so I can understand what you are saying.
then i guess youre a hypocrite since youre not posting "facts" either. and youre conveniently ignoring the points so of course you cant see them. ive already proved youre ignoring them so i dont need to do so again
I'm not conveniently ignoring ****e. The only proof you've managed to offer me of that is me pointing out that you can't write a simple paragraph. I can't speak blargleblarge. So don't expect me to. If you want me to actually debate your supposedly amazing point, rewrite it like I ask.
sounds like a scary threat. anything but a raid...i can feel my health insurance premium rising already
It's not a threat at all. It's just common sense dictates that one should not speak lightly of those hackers on steroids. :chuckle:

You were using him as an example of a better character that Diddy might prevent from getting in.
I was using him as a character in general, to show that characters can affect the chances of other characters across franchises.

If you think Zant deserves to be in more than Diddy you're an idiot, and if you don't than your point made no sense and you're an idiot. What the fug is wrong with you?
I think what's wrong with me is that you're an idiot.

Kentalish

Smash Lord
the thread tittle reminds me of one of my fave wrestling tag teams

DX

thought it was funny.

on topic: this thread isnt a monster it hasnt gotten closed like the ridley thread.

LL is just going to have to deal that all us diddy fans are going to main him and hes going to be facing us fans online and getting schooled and taken back to grade 2.

tonights going to be a good update...

lol SCRAMBLE. Darkstar Kirby and Del Money are pwning those 2 diddy hater noobs

DIDDY IS BRAWL!!!

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Lightlink I know that you're probably more intelligent than Del and Darkstar Kirby, just look at their writing. You have stirred up the pot a bit, helped us add like 5 pages but please can you just leave now, It's getting annoying.

Sinn

Smash Lord
I have merit. It's very frustrating to have people act like they have a point, but proceed to talk about something I never said.
You do realize that it is also frustrating to be treated the way that you've been treating the vast majority of the posters you've responded to here, yes? I don't know about you...but I've always gone for the theory that if I don't like others doing it to me, I should try not to do it to them. I tend to strive for harmony in most settings.

It's a perfectly logical way to work. It's called goals. They prevent you from over stretching time or production. They allow the framework of which to work.
True. However, it is very likely that before they decided on that number that they had a brainstorming session on what new characters would be good possibilities for the game. Brainstorming is commonly used in such a way, and the amount of characters that they come up with as good choices would only make it easier to decide on a realistic roster size and timeframe.

I don't think it *is* Sakurai contacting Sega. You usually have lawyers for that sort of thing. And I never said that was "all" that determines a character, but it's something.
Also true. However, as these lawyers are not the ones in charge of the design of the game and what does or does not get added, the only reason they would contact SEGA would be if they were directed to by Sakurai or Nintendo. So by proxy, it's still Sakurai doing the contacting. I think this was kind of a small point in the overall argument...

What?!

"Because it is been characters on Sakurai's poll" is what I'm reading. That doesn't make any sense. Just what the heck are you saying? Rewrite it. Don't piss at me for "dodging" crap, I'm not dodging anything. Just rewrite it in English so I can understand what you are saying.
LL, is it really that hard to figure out what he's trying to say? "It has been characters on Sakurai's poll." The word "it's" is used in this contraction a lot, and leaving out an apostrophe isn't an uncommon mistake to see, especially online. What about it makes it so hard to understand?

Kentalish

Smash Lord
lol diddy was in todays update... i like how hes looking at the food...

neways i dont think thats one of diddys moves cuz it says You can do combos one would normally never think of... so there probably different

u guys think its his real move or no?

Sinn

Smash Lord
I think it's more that the combos will be able to incorporate the item into the attack as opposed to changing the attacks that he can do. I'd guess that's an actual move of his.

Look at his eyes in the second picture xD

Also, I remember this item from the first Kirby game...but not any others really, especially none of the newer ones. I remember that going in water made it go away...

Stalinator

Smash Rookie
I Falco gets the boot, new move set or possible Luigified moveset, surely we could fire Short Hopped Peanuts as Diddy instead?

SiD

Smash Master
Once again lightlink, instead of making an intelligent post you have just spat insults, talked about magic to avoid my point, and dodged almost everything Del said by insulting his english over and over. You're not contributing anything to this thread. You're a rabble rouser who seems to think that Sakurai has little to no control over who gets in Brawl. I gave you a chance to be intelligent and debate, but instead you continue to start a flame war. Unless you have something valid to say about Diddy, please leave this thread. You are starting arguments that are forcing you and the rest of us to continuously spam and I think that most of us would like to get back on topic. I wish I could say it was nice debating with you, but the way you handle yourself made it a horrible experience. I hope you can learn better forum ettiquette before the next time you attempt to debate with someone on here.

I would also like to ask the others involved with this argument, such as RDK and Del Money, to please not respond to him anymore. He obviously won't listen to anything we say, so we should just drop it and move on for the sake of being civil.

Thank you.

Sincerely, SiD.

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
Eh, I actually find myself sympathizing with LightLink17.

While I don't agree with his thoughts on Diddy or Dedede, nor do I really give much of a crap about the already fairly unlikely Roivas (I know Nintendo owns the rights, but still...) and Gardevoir (fairly forgettable Pokemon outside of the masses of hentai related to her), though I'm all up for Midna, I really can't see how LightLink was baiting a flame war.

I figured Diddy would be in Brawl. But I didn't want him in. I mostly have characters I *don't* want in, and only 3 I do want in. Diddy was top of the list of "Likely, but I really don't want you" along with King Dedede.
Is that really such a hateful comment? Yeah, it's a Diddy appreciation thread and I'll criticize him for having a lack of foresight into other's reactions, but it's still just his opinion, and at least in his initial post, he didn't make it out to be anything more significant.

I don't really see how it can be read as a flame; just somebody stating and then explaining why they weren't excited over the character's addition. This is a forum after all.

Anyhow, Diddy in the game has me really excited, and I'm curious as all hell as to how his monkey movements will pan out.

SiD

Smash Master
Muffin_man, I never meant to claim that he started a flame war with his first posts, but he allowed a debate to turn into one with his shameless insults. Now I know he isn't the only one to blame, but he does seem to fling insults most often in this particular argument.

Now I ask again, please can we move on, and get back on subject. Now that I feel I have clarified everything, I will not be making another post about Lightlink. I very much hope that he and everyone else here can do the same and keep the discussion about Diddy from here on out.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
LightLink17
He can want all he wants. Doesn't mean they're going to get in on virtue of him wanting them.
Yes it does.

LightLink17
No it's not. Sorry, but just because he wants a character doesn't mean that character will be in.
yeah, they will.

LightLink17
The idea that Sakurai can put in whoever he wants, and has complete control of his game, baring basically everything, assumes he has magical powers.
yeah, what fantasy world are we living in to think that the guy in charge makes the decisions?

LightLink17
It's very frustrating to have people act like they have a point
You don't have to tell us.

LightLink17
He has large influence over the roster, he can't just put in whoever strikes his fancy.
Yes he can. He's the boss. The only exceptions would be in the case of a character like Geno or Sonic, in which case he'd have to get permission first.

LightLink17
"Because it is been characters on Sakurai's poll" is what I'm reading.
That's because you're not smart enough to realise it's supposed to be "it has been." Just so you know, the word "you're" in the last sentence means "you are."

LightLink17
I was using him as a character in general, to show that characters can affect the chances of other characters across franchises.
There are so many things wrong with that that I don't even know where to begin. Zant's chances were never good even before Diddy was confirmed. You don't know for sure that Zant isn't in the game because they haven't revealed the entire roster, so you can't say that Diddy prevented Zant from being in the game. Even if Zant isn't in the game, there's no way of proving that he would have been in if Diddy wasn't. Your point made no sense.

That's like me saying that because Ike got in, Bleak from DKC3 won't get in. Do you realise how stupid that sounds? Let's just ignore the fact that Bleak's chances aren't good at all, half the people here probably don't even know who Bleak is, and he's not particularly popular with the people that do know who he is. Let's ignore all of that and assume that if Bleak doesn't get in it was because of Ike. See that? I just proved that Ike prevented Bleak from getting in. **** that Ike!

I got another one. If I go to Wal-Mart today, I won't be going to Japan. Let's ignore the fact that I had no plans on going to Japan anyway, I don't know anyone in Japan, I can't afford to go to Japan, and I have no reason to be in Japan. Let's put all of that aside and consider the fact that if I'm at Wal-Mart, then I'm not in Japan. For all I know, had I not gone to Wal-Mart a series of events could have suddenly occurred that would have ultimately lead to me going to Japan. So I just proved that Wal-Mart is hurting Japan's tourism.

I think it's all a conspiracy. Wal-Mart is trying to keep us out of Japan so that we can't stop Diddy Kong and Ike from keeping Zant and Bleak out of games!

LightLink17
I think what's wrong with me is that you're an idiot.
If that's true then I must be a huge idiot, because you've got a lot wrong with you.

SiD

Smash Master
Well dude, while that post was major ownage, I wish you would have ignored him so that we could all move on. I think I'm gonna have to refer a mod to this thread to keep everyone in line, assuming Lightlink comes back with another insult infested post. Which history has taught us he will. I tried to be the voice of reason, I wish I hadn't failed.

Top Bottom