• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Appreciation Thread: From Dinky to Diddy, From the Jungle to the Brawl.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Hopefully him and Del end up banend then maybe this thread can restore to peace.
And hopefully you die in your sleep...seriously, there WAS peace before you decided to try and be cool by writing this ****
When Del Money and LightLink stop trying to get my thread closed I'll change it back.
maybe you're the hypocrite because you apparently just like trolling
Where are you getting the name Dogadon from, it doesn't say it anywhere in the game as far as I can remember.
even though I told you not to ****ing talk to me anymore, I'll still answer this. Dogadon is the name given in the DK64 strategy guide. look it up on Google images if you think I'm lying
Diddy for Brawl.
well said

xianfeng

Smash Hero
there WAS peace before you decided to try and be cool by writing this ****
I decided to try to be cool did I?

maybe you're the hypocrite because you apparently just like trolling
In my own thread? I don't think so.

even though I told you not to ****ing talk to me anymore,
Because I'm going to listen to you.

I'll still answer this. Dogadon is the name given in the DK64 strategy guide.
I never needed a strategy guide so I didn't know.

look it up on Google images if you think I'm lying
That won't be neccesary.

I should be able to change the title back now. Unless LightLink decides to respond and set off Del Money (which happens to be extradoniarily easy, even over the internet).

Anyway what is wrong with Wizpig as a boss, he was pretty lame in Diddy Kong Racing sure but at least he's Diddy's boss. "Dogadon" was a very easy boss that Diddy fought on the second level off DK64. If you're going to get Diddy a boss from the DK games at least go to the DKCs, probably King K.Rool!

Rapiido

Smash Cadet
How about both of you shut up and get back on topic.

Anyway, I'm hoping that he uses his tail spins and cartwheels in Brawl. I wanna see the updated Peanutpop guns as well, they looked horrid in DK64.

Del Money

Smash Champion
I decided to try to be cool did I?
yes because you brought up a situation that didn't need bringing up and you know it.
Unless LightLink decides to respond and set off Del Money (which happens to be extradoniarily easy, even over the internet).
"extradoniarily" easy, huh? I guess so when people like you make it your mission to piss me off with your posts. as if there was any point to changing the title of the thread. by definition that IS trolling. and yes, you can troll even in your own threads, so don't act like it's excusable.
Anyway what is wrong with Wizpig as a boss, he was pretty lame in Diddy Kong Racing sure but at least he's Diddy's boss. "Dogadon" was a very easy boss that Diddy fought on the second level off DK64. If you're going to get Diddy a boss from the DK games at least go to the DKCs, probably King K.Rool!
we don't even know yet if bosses pertain to a particular character on not. it's obviously that Kirby's first boss is Petey Piranha which has nothing to do with his franchise. so until a Kirby-related boss comes in Kirby's version of the SE adventure mode, we can't really tell yet if franchise-related bosses will be making an appearanc for their corresponding character.

Sinn

Smash Lord
Personally, I liked the DKC2 version of K. Rool better than the other two. Partly because the boss fights were so frickin' annoying in DKC3, while they actually felt like it involved skill in DKC2...and in the original it was just too easy once you learned the timing. Also I thought the outfit was better than a cape and crown or a lab coat. So I would probably want him over this dragonfly that I've not seen before.

And I agree, I liked DKR just fine, but the Wizpig...I would rather not. Though maybe they could simulate the racing aspect by having that battle make you reach a point in the stage before he does...I would still rather have K. Rool. Then he and DK could share.

Kentalish

Smash Lord
ok guys i smell a thread closer coming stop flaming eachother when he got confirmed this thread became a bombshell.

back on topic: Diddy Kong is going to be awsome. and im definitly going to be maining him

DIDDY IS BRAWL

Del Money

Smash Champion
i'm more concerned about Diddy's SE adventure. i'll be maining him too, but i wanna really enjoy this single player mode for what it is. action-adventure/platform games are my favorite game genre, so i guess that's partly why.

Kentalish

Smash Lord
i think for adventure u start out as mario then kirby then whatever princess u picj is the path you will choose but in the end u play all characters...

but if not i think heil have to save dixie kong and fight K rool

Del Money

Smash Champion
oh...I assumed it would be like melee's adventure mode in the sense that you select the character that you want to play through the SE game as. but I think you're right. it most likely is just one big platformer game where at some point, you play as all characters and then maybe in the fight boss fight, you pick your character or something. I don't really know anymore. either way, I hope Diddy's section is still cool. and I'd strongly prefer that K. Rool not be a boss. 2 franchise reps for the DK series is still nothing short of a slap in the face of the DK franchise.

Kentalish

Smash Lord
i think u start out as mario then u play as kirby then so on and so on... u pick a path by choosing one princess.. so i dont know about diddy.

DIDDY UPDATE TONIGHT PLZ PLZ PLZPZLPZLZPL

DIDDY IS BRAWL

Sinn

Smash Lord
I'm hoping that the story will branch in multiple places the way it sounds like it will in the first stage. It would add tons to the replay value. At first I thought that it would be hard to make the story mode include the secret characters, but with this whole branching story thing...that means that they might make it so some choices WON'T open up until you unlock that character. I'm going to love this mode <3

the-chosen-one

Smash Rookie
i think with diddy you play as Donky kong country you play with both diddy kong and donky kong and you can switch each tim between the two characters :p

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
This thread seriously should be called:

Diddy Kong (solo) in Brawl Thread (Diddy Kong haters welcome! We love a good laugh!)

:laugh: Huh, how would that work=???? XD Also, Diddy Kong apparently learned either a Fire Kick from Hitmonlee, or a Blaze Kick from Blazekein! XD More proof that he'll pwn in Brawl! :)
Aww...no one noticed my post=flam wars. :(

you are all very sad, diddy kong is the second most anoying charecter in mario histery.
OWNED

XD, seriously though, suck it! Seriously, who else would be better=???

He has more fanbase then Naruto, he's cooler than Naruto, he's ocnfirmed unlike Naruto, and
Naruto has 0% chance. Why I mention Naruto is because he's probably a lot of these guy's who stupidly pop in's top pick for Brawl.

Thank goodness he won't be in BRAWL! Manga games suck. :)

the-chosen-one

Smash Rookie
altough Naruto is one of the best Anime characters i dont think he would fit in the Smashbros franshise but it would be cool if he was in it , Snake was also an unexpected anouncement but it made the crowd go wild

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Naruto's got a much larger fanbase than Diddy....but most of his fans have the brain power to know that he's not going to be in. Sakurai said only characters that have originated in video games (among other things) and thus there will be no anime, manga, cartoon, comic, or real life people in Brawl. e_e

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
oh...I assumed it would be like melee's adventure mode in the sense that you select the character that you want to play through the SE game as. but I think you're right. it most likely is just one big platformer game where at some point, you play as all characters and then maybe in the fight boss fight, you pick your character or something. I don't really know anymore. either way, I hope Diddy's section is still cool. and I'd strongly prefer that K. Rool not be a boss. 2 franchise reps for the DK series is still nothing short of a slap in the face of the DK franchise.
i think u start out as mario then u play as kirby then so on and so on... u pick a path by choosing one princess.. so i dont know about diddy.

DIDDY UPDATE TONIGHT PLZ PLZ PLZPZLPZLZPL

DIDDY IS BRAWL
i seriously doubt this is gonna happen, and i hope it doesn't. it'd be too linear. it should be just like classic and adventure. you pick the character, and you go through their story. no switching between each character, no one forces you to be this guy.

i mean i want to see diddy's adventure from beginning til end. it wouldn't be fun if we didn't know the whole story from the beginning.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Naruto's got a much larger fanbase than Diddy....but most of his fans have the brain power to know that he's not going to be in. Sakurai said only characters that have originated in video games (among other things) and thus there will be no anime, manga, cartoon, comic, or real life people in Brawl. e_e
Sometimes.....the ignorance of people scare me.

It really does.
whoa there, people...I'm sure johnknight1 meant well. he was a bit off-base in saying that Naruto has a smaller fanbase than Diddy (though I don't like Naruto at all, for the record), but he meant that he thinks the majority of people who come in to state that Diddy sucks amd shouldn't be in brawl are probably Naruto fans who would've preferred Naruto in brawl instead. though we all know that's impossible cuz Naruto doesn't meet the brawl criteria. I guess he was also telling the Naruto fans who are Diddy haters as well to suck it.
i seriously doubt this is gonna happen, and i hope it doesn't. it'd be too linear. it should be just like classic and adventure. you pick the character, and you go through their story. no switching between each character, no one forces you to be this guy.

i mean i want to see diddy's adventure from beginning til end. it wouldn't be fun if we didn't know the whole story from the beginning.
yes this is what I initially thought too, but that fact that we're expecting anywhere from 35 to 45 characters gives me pause for concern that developing a robust single player for each character individually might take too much development time. then again my program development experiences have never been large-scale or with a development team larger than 2 members (lol, myself and a partner ona final project). so I really can't judge the time it would take to construct a SE adventure for each character. I can say this much though...making an SE adventure for each character would sure make the single player much more robust and have more replay value. I'm very much for each character to have their own SE adventure, but the way it looks right now, the SE is just one big adventure game and I don't recall anything in the update about selecting a character for it.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
really, it's just creating a single expierience for each player. the problem is connecting the dots, showing us when character A meets charater B, but i've done stuff like this before (writing stories, not in a game) and it's not that hard

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Well anyone's judgement on any of the characters, even returning ones, is going to have to wait until the game comes out. Heck, we can all say we will main Diddy, but that's just a dumb thing to say without enough information, let along the game. For right now, seeing him have a unique moveset and staying true to his character is all we can hope for, and we have it.

LightLink17

Smash Apprentice
So anyway...

I just had a really trying day at school. This'll teach me to to take more than the recommended amount of course work.

So on to the topic now...yeah, if Diddy was a "Shoe in" then it's more likely that he personally had very very little affect on the inclusion of anybody else. Diddy probably was a shoe in. But still, that doesn't mean that Character's can't take away from others across franchises in general.

SiD

Smash Master
Maybe when you first go through the SE, it'll be controlled who you play as, but you can go back through afterwards as any character? I'd be cool with that.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Glad Diddy made the cut, lets only hope the greatest video game character besides Mario makes the cut - Sonic

Sinn

Smash Lord
I'm going to wait and see how many characters from that poll in general make it into the game. Then I'll try to formulate some method to the madness that is Sakurai's mind.

I doubt I'll main Diddy, but he'll possibly one of my frequently used alts. Of course, if he moves like I imagine he MIGHT...he may be too tempting to pass up using more often.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I know, I just felt like overexaggerating over nothing=all for humor! XD

Plus Diddy Kong's fanbase is probably bigger, have you seen DKC's sales=it's 20 million units! The series has sold 48 million units=a lot=only 7 franchises in history sold more.

And on youtube I've said Naruto is lame, and won't be in Brawl. People respond by saying "zomg, he's cool, he'd work, and he's got a bigger fanbase then [enter X character here=probably 3rd party]. He's totally got huge chances to be in Brawl." I call them n00bs, tell them there never has been a magna character in SSB [64 or Melee], won't be in Brawl, and there won't be in any in the future of SSB series. Then I say I'll make a bet against them Naruto isn't in Brawl. They hide under a rock. :grin:

Ingnorance these days. XD

As for the story mode, it should just be where you have X task [for good, evil, or somewere inbetween], journey to it, and meet allies to fight in 2 vs 2's with, and fights enemies. Then you fight bosses, PC enemies, [boss allies would rock], fight your/the final boss, and maybe even choose your path. When playing as Wario, do you ally with Luigi, Bowser, neither [neutral], become both their enemies, or try to ally yourself with both=??? O the drama, and the paths choices woulkd vary a lot! :)

Plus there should be a version of it where you can freeroam as you like, in 2d awsomeness in any cool world you want. Shadow Moses Island in MGS1/MGS: Twin Snakes, Mushroom Kingdom, Donkey Kong Island, Hyrule Field, Dreamland, Zebes, and other Metroid worlds. Onett, etc. etc. etc. :)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was one who opposed Diddy, and argued against him - calling those who support him childish.

And then I see a thread titled like this...
Well, Diddy is in...What's wrong with Diddy? You didn't have good memories of DKC?

behemoth

Smash Journeyman
I was one who opposed Diddy, and argued against him - calling those who support him childish.

...And you shart?

....Then you drank a chocolate milkshake?

You gotta finish this story. I won't be able to sleep until I know. For the love of GOD TELL ME HOW IT ENDS!!!!!

Del Money

Smash Champion
So on to the topic now...yeah, if Diddy was a "Shoe in" then it's more likely that he personally had very very little affect on the inclusion of anybody else. Diddy probably was a shoe in. But still, that doesn't mean that Character's can't take away from others across franchises in general.
well yes but honestly I doubt Diddy replaced anyone for brawl. if it were it a less popular/desired character (Sakurai's poll being our only way of measuring this), then the whole characters-being-replaced theory would make more sense. and this is only because the character who made the cut over another character from a different franchise wouldn't originally have been considered a shoe-in. Pokemon Trainer is the perfect example. so basically, it all boils down to half popularity contest and half Sakurai's and the brawl developers' opinions.

yes because most of us weren't children when we first played DKC. seriously, this take trolling to a whole new level. and what's worse, you;ll probably tell me Mario Power Tennis and Double Sash and Strikers Charged are "childish" too just because Diddy's in them as well...

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
What's wrong with trolling? I love to troll.

I wouldn't have trolled if people would have shown more civilization in the past. For the record, I don't hate Diddy, I just personally would rather see another character, as my tastes are different than a child's.

....Then you drank a chocolate milkshake?
Hell yeah!

Sinn

Smash Lord
I personally would have put "Piss off" instead of "Suck it" in the thread title. Or something similar. Maybe not. The fact that he's in kinda speaks for itself.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Diddy Kong making it in doesn't guarantee we won't see characters like Isaac, Andy, The Black Knight, Ridley or others. I think all of those characters would be awesome in Brawl, as I do with Diddy.

ParamoreRiot

Smash Lord
honestly, I don't think there will be any more characters representing the DK series.
if it took them this long to put Diddy in then the chances of putting others in go down IMO.

It would be really cool if K. Rool were in though

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What's wrong with trolling? I love to troll.

I wouldn't have trolled if people would have shown more civilization in the past. For the record, I don't hate Diddy, I just personally would rather see another character, as my tastes are different than a child's.

Hell yeah!
..apparently not if you love trolling for one thing, a sign of immaturity...

Del Money

Smash Champion
hmm, no. dixie isn't that popular yet.

K. Rool would be the only probably choice to finish the DK series trio
though you're probably right, i would like Dixie playable too. she's been playable in two of the DKC and DKL games (same number as Donkey and Diddy), she was in Mario Superstar Baseball and Mario Hoops, and she's also been acknowledge in DKR DS. Dixie is definitely deserve of a spot and the DK franchise needs more than just 2 reps. K. Rool will take a spot before Dixie but right now the Star Fox franchise has a shot as 4 reps (Fox,Falco,Wolf,Krystal). the DK franchise is bigger (with regards to sales and popularity) so there's no reason we should only get shafted with significantly less reps than Star Fox especially when there are 2 more DK reps deserving of a spot. i'm hoping for 4 reps total but i'll be satisfied with 3. Diddy's in and he's solo and that was my biggest concern anyways (the solo part i mean).

Top Bottom