• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Appreciation Thread: From Dinky to Diddy, From the Jungle to the Brawl.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Why does diddy kong have to have the gay moves his guns explode fox's gun never exploded no maker how long you fired. they better have some knock-back to it. his up b comes off when attack!?!? Wtf

I'm pretty sure Diddy kong had 2 pop guns in DK64 not 1
How do you know for an absolute fact that Fox's blaster won't have a disabling feature that is similar to Diddy's? This isn't Melee. Yes Diddy did have two popguns in DK64 however SSB isn't entirely canon to the respective franchises.

-Knight

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
How do you know for an absolute fact that Fox's blaster won't have a disabling feature that is similar to Diddy's? This isn't Melee. Yes Diddy did have two popguns in DK64 however SSB isn't entirely canon to the respective franchises.

-Knight
They would of displayed if fox would have his Gun knocked off of his hands in his special moves update as they did for Diddy's

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
They would of displayed if fox would have his Gun knocked off of his hands in his special moves update as they did for Diddy's
Perhaps, but Sakurai doesn't reveal absolutely everything about the characters now does he? So you really don't know if Fox has any negative repercussions of using his blaster.

-Knight

Glinth

Smash Journeyman
yeah but foxes gun only does 1% at a time -.-
also, you get a recovery item sometimes...
and the gun comes back .-.

it's like bowsers fire in a sense...

and the barrel boost owns <_<
If someone tries to attack you they can get a face full of RBB :O

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Diddy rules despite the apparent setbacks of his moves.

Any ideas for possible >B and down B moves?

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
How the hell are they setbacks?

B: The ONLY flaw is holding it in TOO LONG and even then that's common sense
Up B: Now think about this, when character is attacked when performing Up B, how many of siad Up B moves have this kind emergency back up attack?

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
How the hell are they setbacks?
Well the fact that your gun can explode and the rocketbarrel boost can fly away on its own hardly improves his attacks do they.

Anyway like I said it doesn't matter I still like them. Ideas for side and down B?

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Well the fact that your gun can explode and the rocketbarrel boost can fly away on its own hardly improves his attacks do they.

Anyway like I said it doesn't matter I still like them. Ideas for side and down B?
The gun can also help you recover

As for the Up B, all characters' third jumps get interuppted when attack. At least with Diddy, the same thing happens, the attacker could be f***ed as well.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Perhaps, but Sakurai doesn't reveal absolutely everything about the characters now does he? So you really don't know if Fox has any negative repercussions of using his blaster.

-Knight

And you don't know if he does or does not either, the fact is they showed Diddy's gun blow up and not Fox's so all we can assume for the time being Diddy is the only one with projectiles that back fire. until more updates say so or not.

joejoe22802

Smash Ace
Well the Rocket pack can attack the other character if they try to gimp you.

And the Gun is not a set back at all. Its similar to roys B but you even get a heal! think about how awesome that would be on a big stage during teams!

PurpleStuff

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone else remember the game Diddy Kong Racing? That game *****. hard.

Anyway, I don't think Diddy's moves suck. In fact, I'm not even sure how I can come to that conclusion, seeing as how I've NEVER PLAYED the game and have only seen STATIC SCREENSHOTS with a little bit of dialogue.

This is just as stupid as that old, old threat that tried to make a tier list for the Brawl characters based off of their screenshots.

This is the same exact thing.

Diddy Kong for Sewer Tier.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999

And you don't know if he does or does not either, the fact is they showed Diddy's gun blow up and not Fox's so all we can assume for the time being Diddy is the only one with projectiles that back fire. until more updates say so or not.
Diddy's gun probably has knockback and stuns the opponent like a real gun should. :lick:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Diddy's gun probably has knockback and stuns the opponent like a real gun should. :lick:
Thats what i'm saying and in addition to that he has his own fountain of health shooting at the pistols, it's the price to pay.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
The start up of the peanut popgun is probably a bit laggy, but according to the update, if you just keep tapping B, it won't explode. It's just holding it to long that will do it. Hold down for a quick burst, let go, and restart. This really shouldn't be a set back for the player, and it helps limit those people who spam these things. Plus, its apperently fast and you get to heal, so the thing has got to have some restraints on it.

EDIT: Oh, and I'm sure that the peanut can probably be eaten by the opponent too. >_>

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I don't think that the peanuts come out every time, only "if the shell breaks".

If you get hit while wearing your jetpack, it flies away without you. I bet you can't use it again while the first one is still on the screen. That's going to suck for his recovery, if that's the case.

I'm pretty sure his forward B will be his cartwheel(although that could be his dash attack). I think that his down B will be his Chimp Charge attack from DK64.

I thought of a new final smash idea that I don't think anyone's said yet. He could get in his plane from Diddy Kong Racing and fly around shooting missiles.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I thought of a new final smash idea that I don't think anyone's said yet. He could get in his plane from Diddy Kong Racing and fly around shooting missiles.
That's the FS idea that I used for my moveset. :p

EDIT: Oh, and that's not what I was thinking about when I though that the peanuts could be eaten by the opponent (More so Sasmus's suit) but yeah, that puts more fuel to the fire.

On a related note to that picture, I always find it cool how Sakurai keeps adding in these little things like Wario looking for his bike, and Diddy having that shocked look on his face when his guns explode.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
I can see Diddy being high tier because if one is able to do a SHP (short hop peanut) he'll be annoying to defeat.

Talendime

Smash Ace
These moves make him seem so fragile. Like everything he does can explode in his face.
And when it says that he can lose his weapons, does that mean he regains them in a second or he has to die or something?

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Pieman0920
That's the FS idea that I used for my moveset.
I thought I was the first one to think of it. Oh well... It's still a good idea. I'd rather have that or Rambi than the guitar.

Talendime
These moves make him seem so fragile. Like everything he does can explode in his face.
The only thing that explodes is the gun. You can just tap B to shoot with no risk of it blowing up. Or you can hold B to charge it and shoot faster. If you charge it too long it blows up. It doesn't seem like it'll be difficult to get used to. All you have to do is figure out how long you can charge it before it blows up, and then you know not to charge it that long.

Talendime
And when it says that he can lose his weapons, does that mean he regains them in a second or he has to die or something?
He can only lose the jetpack. If you get hit while using it, it flies away on its own. I'm sure it just flies off the screen, or into something and blows up, and then you can use it again.

Kentalish

Smash Lord
I like how all the people are looking at the negitive sides...

ill list only positive stuff.

Jetpack

The jetpack u can charge... so it makes u go faster... prolly a bit higher
If u get hit while using your jetpack it can hit any one on the stage
You can angle what way you go

Peanut Gun

you can charge to make it go faster
if shell breakes u can eat peanut
ever wonder what would happen to a enemy thats neer u when it explodes?
There also might be somthing that will tell u when its fully charged

Foxes lazers never charged.... and why are u compairing a peanut to a freeking lazer the closest thing i can think of for the peanut would be marios B

I also think for the cartwheel it should do alot of damage so im all for the forward b for it.

and i think we already have a screenshot of him doing his dash attack IMO

here it is|
v

to me that looks alot like sliding but i dono.

for the chimpy charge if it was a special. everyones forward be take like 3 seconds max i can see the chimpy charge being longer... why stop now with all diddys attacks being chargable for his specials so his forawrd b would take alot longer.

I hope we get the orange nades... wicked combos i can see.

sorry for the long post just thought i should put my opinion out there for all the people saying hes a DK clone for his Peanuts being the same as foxes lazer and my opinion about cartwheel and orange nades

DIDDY IS BRAWL

Doc Chronic

Smash Ace
I like how all the people are looking at the negitive sides...

ill list only positive stuff.

Jetpack

The jetpack u can charge... so it makes u go faster... prolly a bit higher
If u get hit while using your jetpack it can hit any one on the stage
You can angle what way you go

Peanut Gun

you can charge to make it go faster
if shell breakes u can eat peanut
ever wonder what would happen to a enemy thats neer u when it explodes?
There also might be somthing that will tell u when its fully charged

Foxes lazers never charged.... and why are u compairing a peanut to a freeking lazer the closest thing i can think of for the peanut would be marios B

I also think for the cartwheel it should do alot of damage so im all for the forward b for it.

and i think we already have a screenshot of him doing his dash attack IMO

here it is|
v

to me that looks alot like sliding but i dono.

for the chimpy charge if it was a special. everyones forward be take like 3 seconds max i can see the chimpy charge being longer... why stop now with all diddys attacks being chargable for his specials so his forawrd b would take alot longer.

I hope we get the orange nades... wicked combos i can see.

sorry for the long post just thought i should put my opinion out there for all the people saying hes a DK clone for his Peanuts being the same as foxes lazer and my opinion about cartwheel and orange nades

DIDDY IS BRAWL
exactly, and his drawbacks aren't random like luigi's misfire on his over B. They only affect an unskilled player, as a skilled smasher would be able to release the peanut before it explodes, and steer diddy out of harm's way with his up B. Diddy owns

NeoSoul

Smash Journeyman
You got this whole weird time-space thing goin on here since it was just revealed today
lmaoooo you've got this whole weird "i just joined the argument" thing going on around here.... ⌐_⌐

the peanut pop-guns and rocket barrel booster packs were predicted moves looooog before the were announced.... and they were lame then as they are proven now...:psycho:

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I don't think the moves are lame at all. And if you want to talk about Pokemon, go do it somewhere else. This thread is about Diddy Kong.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I don't think the moves are lame at all.
Agreed. I mean, sure, the moves were expected, but isn't that kind of a good thing? It makes sense for a character to use trademark attacks.

Plus, I don't care who you are, I bet no one predicted that the gun would explode or that the jetpack would be detachable (in a way).

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Why does the gun have to blow up? It sound unreliable. And just how much does it heal you?
I don't think the gun just blows up at random lol. Just don't charge if for to long and it won't blow up in your fact.

It's anyone's guess to how much the peanuts can heal your maybe around 3-5%

-Knight

NeoSoul

Smash Journeyman
Why does the gun have to blow up? It sound unreliable. And just how much does it heal you?
eating the peanut will heal you a small percentage... probably 5% and Im sure your enemies can eat it too...

and if blows up because its wood..... if you ever seen/fired a plastic gun you'd know why...

axemangx

Smash Champion
Tazmily Village, Currently Maining: Lucas and Didd
I'm sorry, but I think Diddy Kong has to be the most balanced character I've ever seen.

Middle Tier ATM.

Also, I just thought about something.

Arent people going to abuse the barrelgun exploding? Like, when their very far from the distance, they'll first make it explode, then when their fully charge and close to dying, they'll RB straight into the air, and teching onto the field.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
I'm sorry, but I think Diddy Kong has to be the most balanced character I've ever seen.

Middle Tier ATM.

Also, I just thought about something.

Arent people going to abuse the barrelgun exploding? Like, when their very far from the distance, they'll first make it explode, then when their fully charge and close to dying, they'll RB straight into the air, and teching onto the field.
Wow that's quite a deduction. Can you give anymore guesses on what tier what character is going to be based on almost nothing?

-Knight

Top Bottom