• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Appreciation Thread: From Dinky to Diddy, From the Jungle to the Brawl.

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
then diddy shoots penuts at u... he stops u have a perfect shot and just when you shoot diddy kneels down and eats a peanut.

*dies* then my friends gather the seven dragon balls and wish me back."i'm gona that **** monkey!!!!" =exits stage=
AHH BURN
cheese? is good to eat...

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
dang it...I was hoping for Sonic to counter Halo 3. :(

And this thread should be called "Diddy Kong [solo] in Brawl appreciation thread [Diddy Kong haters welcome: We love a good laugh]"

:laugh:

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
I guess this is only ineteresting if your maining Diddy. I want to see some of the more odd character Final Smashes though. Zelda, Pokemon trainer, Ice climbers, and Fox intrigue me final smash wise.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I kind of thought that this would be his FS, but I was hoping it wouldn't. This FS is kind of lame.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Man Sakurai has really disapointed me with this one, what a stupid idea for a FS.
I wouldn't get so dissapointed when you haven't seen it in action. Yeah It looks lame but Sakurai said it was fun to use and we should remember Diddy is going to be a unique character to control . So don't give up hope just yet. It looks interesting to me.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
It's not the end of the world. If you ask me, Link's FS isn't all that impressive looking either. I guess they can't make them all great.

I don't think Diddy's FS looks too bad as far as gameplay goes. It's not as unique or impressive looking as it could have been, but it still looks like a useful FS.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Yeah useful for your foes.
How, you don't even know it's properties or how much damage it deals. How can you rush into such conclusion. That would be stupid.

It's the same thing with Diddy's specials, diddy is a character you have to see to believe so to rush into assumptions is idiotic. Sakurai knows what he's doing.

Sinn

Smash Lord
Maybe I'm dense, but what exactly is so terrible about this final smash again...? It beats the living HELL out of Donkey Kong's final smash, and it looks better than Pit's to me too.

IllidR

Smash Champion
Diddy's final smash looks alright. Surely it's nothing special, but it looks like it can pack a punch and it's got to or the opponents will just recover their percentage lost.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Maybe I'm dense, but what exactly is so terrible about this final smash again...? It beats the living HELL out of Donkey Kong's final smash, and it looks better than Pit's to me too.
I think people wanted his Guitar as his Final Smash. I like this Final Smash alot and looks like alot of fun; I guess people just wanted a more DKC feel to Diddy.

-Knight

Pieman0920

Smash Master
No one really should have wanted his guitar because that would just be a copy of DK's FS.

Anyways, it seems t continue the trend of Diddy having a disadvantages to his specials. You have to wonder how strong he is if he needs to be limited in such a way.

Xanderous

Smash Lord
What ever happened to Rambi the Rhino? That should have been DK's final smash, and Diddy Kong could have his guitar.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Diddy Kongs FS so much better than DK's Bongos. It can heal opponents? So what? It's not like the peanuts are Maxim Tomatoes or Heart Pieces.

Top Bottom