• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Appreciation Thread: From Dinky to Diddy, From the Jungle to the Brawl.

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
sigh, the guitar will probably be a taunt or victory thing at best :(
Ah well, Diddy still rocks. He seems like a very chance-like character, I'll enjoy playing him

The Director

Smash Lord
Why is everybody disappointed that his guitar isn't his final smash? Diddy's final smash kicks ***. You get to fly around and shoot explosions at people. Awesome. Also, you get to kamikaze and go out with a bang!!

I'd be more than happy to save his guitar for his taunt or his victory dance.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
The guitar is probably his down or forward B. And I guess the left over move would be chimpy charge.

I have to say I didn't want Diddy in alone because I was afraid he wouldn't offer much in the terms of newness.

But then my hopes were raised when it appeared that Diddy would be spontaneous and have chargable and abusable B moves that could blow up.

But now with his lame, combine two specials final, I am disappointed once more.

NeoSoul

Smash Journeyman
lmaoooo its just diddy you didnt expect some uber cool final smash did you? ****... the fanboys complain about wanting peanut pop guns and rocket barrel boosters and when you get em you bitsh about it

Stryks

Smash Hero
The most disapointing final so far, maybe second to pit, but since pit summons pelutena than yeah diddys the worse one yet...

I mean its just a combination of 2 b moves, pretty much it, i bet ur invincible while in this state but even so its not very original, I dont mind since i dont plan maining or using diddy in any way other than subspace if necesary, but cmon sakurai u caould have done SO much better...

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
The guitar is probably his down or forward B. And I guess the left over move would be chimpy charge.

I have to say I didn't want Diddy in alone because I was afraid he wouldn't offer much in the terms of newness.

But then my hopes were raised when it appeared that Diddy would be spontaneous and have chargable and abusable B moves that could blow up.

But now with his lame, combine two specials final, I am disappointed once more.
Yeah, but if you think about it, double barrel peanut firing guns with leftover nuts (and exploding Jetpack) is pretty interesting, and unlike a bunch of unique finals, a blast to use.

Most finals don't seem fun to use, just are really god, but the three characters you fly around during theres looks a lot more funner to use, right?

VA

Smash Hero
Imma just rearrange the title of this thread a little bit:

Diddy Kong Thread: He sucks, it's confirmed.

He looks like a dreadful character. Bottom Tier for Diddy? Oh yes. Worst recovery move in the history of smash (yoshi's Up + B is better)? Oh yeh.

lol, I'm kidding, but as you all prolly gathered, I'm not a huge fan of diddy kong.

If he's top tier I'll suck it up and live with taking pleasure in kicking the **** out of him.

VA

Smash Hero
Have you played Brawl? Of course not, don't make foolish assumptions.
Did you stop reading there? Because I go on to say, NAW I'M ONLY KIDDING. BECAUSE, I wanted to avoid this EXACT comment. I personally think that Diddy's recovery looks ****e, but ofc I haven't played so it might yet prove to be really good.

Chill out and learn to read :S

flaco

The Terminator
Yeah, but if you think about it, double barrel peanut firing guns with leftover nuts (and exploding Jetpack) is pretty interesting, and unlike a bunch of unique finals, a blast to use.

Most finals don't seem fun to use, just are really god, but the three characters you fly around during theres looks a lot more funner to use, right?
nice avatar I am like that right now pissed off

Sinn

Smash Lord
We all liked that rap at one point or another :p
I thought the Melee version was ok, but this one...just kinda sucks ***.

The most disapointing final so far, maybe second to pit, but since pit summons pelutena than yeah diddys the worse one yet...

I mean its just a combination of 2 b moves, pretty much it, i bet ur invincible while in this state but even so its not very original, I dont mind since i dont plan maining or using diddy in any way other than subspace if necesary, but cmon sakurai u caould have done SO much better...
I still think that's a bit over dramatic. Seriously, again, DK's final smash was a LOT more disappointing. And so what if it's a combination of B moves that are better than they normally are? Let's look at the rest...Mario: better version of his normal B. Link: better version of his up B. Samus: better version of her normal B. Pikachu: better version of his side B. Donkey Kong: better version of his down B. Bowser: better version of HIM. So far, Yoshi and Pit are the only ones that aren't buffed up versions of moves they already have, and you agreed that Pit's wasn't that great to begin with. This final smash is NOT that bad.

And Dixie still looked a Hell of a lot cooler on the guitar.

NukeA6

Smash Master
.. the fanboys complain about wanting peanut pop guns and rocket barrel boosters and when you get em you bitsh about it
LMAO

I'll never understand them.

EDIT: Just found out Diddy does something similar to his Final Smash during that horrible DK rap (before he plays the guitar). Seriously people, what did you expect the guitar to do.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
. Items will be off for most people
The vast majority of people play social not tournements and social players use items

When did he have one in the first place?? wasn't that Dixie???
Did you play the DK games after DKC2?

I thought the Melee version was ok, but this one...just kinda sucks ***.
The melee one was absoloutly horrendous, they really butchered it and tried to make it sound as bad as possible.

. Seriously people, what did you expect the guitar to do.
Play DK64 and you'll find out.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
What I don't get is all of the backfiring with his moves. It's like he's the new Pichu with all this self destruction.

Sinn

Smash Lord
The melee one was absoloutly horrendous, they really butchered it and tried to make it sound as bad as possible.
The Melee one had better rhythm on the lyrics, better vocals, better instrumentation...it was goofy, but I still thought it sounded a whole lot better than the original. Andy Diddy's verse kicked *** in the Melee version...in this version it just...sputters.

Play DK64 and you'll find out.
Or, alternatively, you could have helped us save time and told us. But that's cool. I suppose we'll just not know and not care.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I think the backfire aspect of his moves is probably a counter balance, he is a small and fast character, with what looks like a decent amount of power. Thus he has to be limited. And heck, these moves only backfire if you're not good with them, not all the time like Pichu's.

Sinn

Smash Lord
I think the backfire aspect of his moves is probably a counter balance, he is a small and fast character, with what looks like a decent amount of power. Thus he has to be limited. And heck, these moves only backfire if you're not good with them, not all the time like Pichu's.
And they haven't actually said anything about the backfiring moves doing him any damage either, so...as long as he doesn't hurt himself, I see no reason to fear the backfire.

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
lol i hope diddy is a fast faller and dk can still link heat butts... all the fun that would be...
p.s. kent i killed diddy but only in bizzaro world... also killed bizzaro superman...

dk64

Smash Cadet
"c'mon cranky, take it 2 the fridge!"

well, i was a lil disappointed w/ how his moves backfire slightly and his fs atfirst, but over all he still has some pretty wicked moves, and i think he'd own donkey kong in atleast 9 outa 10 matches anyway... ps the dk rap completely rocks in the 64 versoin!!!!!! (and having it in melee made that level 1 of my faves.)

Kentalish

Smash Lord
aha u didnt kill diddy he had a franklins badge ahhahahha activates smoke ball

then gets his FS snd didtroys everything then turns off items and distroys that option so noone can get there FS's... pimp PM me your friends code

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
aha u didnt kill diddy he had a franklins badge ahhahahha activates smoke ball

then gets his FS snd didtroys everything then turns off items and distroys that option so noone can get there FS's... pimp PM me your friends code

what you talking kent you mean my friends wii code????\o/ or... thise kinda code?][]\][]\\][]=[-[]=[--[]=[]

Kentalish

Smash Lord
wii friends code so we can send messages and stuff ill PM u what i mean.

So how about diddys FS man i love all the explosions

edit: if they backfire it must meen the move is strong... this is a bad compairesant look at pichu stonger then pikachu.

im just saying if ur noob enoff to hold it long enoff dont charge it... love diddys jetpacks and fs cant wait to own the people who hate it

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I hate his FS it's just two regular moves but more powerful, it doesn't even look cool like Mario or Samus'. I blame Miyamoto despite the fact that he has almost nothing to do with this game, he hates DKC and therefore Diddy and therefore anything bad that happens to the DK series is his fault.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Rare's Betrayal? They were sold by Nintendo, after they were sold to Microsoft most of their employees quit because they didn't want to work for Microsoft, a few core members did leave before the sale though hence the slight dip in quality pre sale and the huge dip in quality post sale.
Rare didn't betray anyone.

Kentalish

Smash Lord
the gutair would be the same as DK's bongos cept a bit different

down b would be poitless for guitar noone would use it... so orange nades and cartwheel ftw

NukeA6

Smash Master
I hate his FS it's just two regular moves but more powerful, it doesn't even look cool like Mario or Samus'. I blame Miyamoto despite the fact that he has almost nothing to do with this game, he hates DKC and therefore Diddy and therefore anything bad that happens to the DK series is his fault.
Mario's and Samus's Final Smashes are just suped-up versions of their B attacks. I'm no hardcore Diddy fan and I don't see what the big deal is. At least his FS is better than DK's (which doesn't make sense).

Top Bottom